Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Rsi dead now apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

It's very unlike Derek to tweet like this. He's usually so calm.

The ELE must truly be happening. Stay safe, my friends.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

This just (re)surfaced on FDev, and I wonder…

…this was back in October, but I don't remember it being mentioned here. Was everyone's mind just so completely blown by Chris turning generic and highly standardised AWS virtual servers into a custom cluster architecture with zero transaction costs that no-one noticed?

No, we made fun of the 'mesh of servers' giving n*n connections to deal with and pointed out that's 'not how physics works'.

He effectively describes microservices (which is a loving huge commercial buzzword for lambda et al) while ignoring all the messy 'communication' that has to take place that increases the latency in whatever loop you're trying to build.

People ran into the same poo poo when they tried to make everything on a page an ajax call, not taking into account connection blocking.

his nibs posted:

I'd be tempted to preface that with Dear Cunts in Charge of Internet Spaceships

Actual lawyer spotted.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Holy poo poo. He's writing a whole blog in individual tweets.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sum Mors posted:

All his powers combine.
FORM MEGA-DEREK™!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sum Mors posted:

Ddossing twitter, a new low.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Propagandist posted:

Just FYI the Warlord's freaking out on the Tweetré.

In other exciting news: Chris Roberts knows gently caress all about videogames, Ben Lesnick is fat and Sandi Gardner can't act.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

M-m-m-m-meltdown!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Ddossing twitter, a new low.

I think he's stuck in a loop, when was the last time he was switched off then on again?

Reckon I've identified the issue

10 WARLORD!!
20 Post tweet
30 Add tweet to blog
40 GOTO 10
50 End task "WARLORD!!"

Someone snuck 40 in by accident.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

he brought up Everspace in his tweets for some reason, a game i haven't heard about.
is it/will it be good? need a fix

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Tippis posted:

This just (re)surfaced on FDev, and I wonder…

…this was back in October, but I don't remember it being mentioned here. Was everyone's mind just so completely blown by Chris turning generic and highly standardised AWS virtual servers into a custom cluster architecture with zero transaction costs that no-one noticed?

I keep reading that and my brain just keeps rejecting it. It reads like he is proclaiming he is able to run multiple instances of the games servers on one box and as such wants them to have all the players sync with each other. The term out of touch has been thrown around but he keeps saying poo poo like he has never been near a PC since windows 98 was released and only hears techy words in the hallway when Ben isn't blocking it.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hey Don, I don't know where you live (I will soon, I have contacted Doxxo Dogge to find out), but here in New Zealand any company that holds information about people/costumers have to have a person who is designated the privacy officer (can have other main job like a shift manager or accounts person) but it is up to them to be aware of all the privacy laws.

Ask who you are dealing with who is their privacy officer and tell them you wish to deal directly with them.

I found this all out after asking a pizza store to delete my personal information they held on me (name, address, phone number, previous orders, credit card info) and them saying they had only for it to be very obvious they had not, many times (over four times over a few months they told me they would/had but did not). Took me about 5 months all up to be satisfy that they had.

Then about a year later a Blogger broke the story that an ex-owner was keeping a copy of all the costumers data and was using it in his advertising company.

I only wanted them to delete my info to find out if they would and how easy it would be. Was a real eye opener.

I still sometimes get pizza from there, that was never the issue, it was there data collection I wondered about. This happened about 8 years ago.

They also never made me aware they where collecting this personal data outside of their website, it was when I realised that they where storing more than just the website info that I got interested.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

he brought up Everspace in his tweets for some reason, a game i haven't heard about.

It looks cool. Haven't played it though. Arcadey flight, rogue-lite, upgrades persist through runs (I think).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jesus H Christ, you guys weren't kidding. He turned the warlord dial up to 11.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

You want the notes on your account? Uh, well, err, just deleted all of them, so now you have no notes. Now what are you going to do?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

It's pretty good. It's Galaxy On Fire cross-bred with [rogue clone du jour] — Space:y without being overly so, and decent enough procedurally generated environments. It's perhaps a bit aimless, like so many other pseudo-sandboxes, but if you like shooting things and collecting bits, then it scratches that itch just fine.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Plead the 5th

Drink the 5th, plead insanity

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tippis posted:

All his powers combine.
FORM MEGA-DEREK™!

He's gone from suck.....to blow.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kosumo posted:

Hey Don, I don't know where you live

Jesus' own state;

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

From the tweetstorm:

"remember when I said due to obstruction of justice liabilities there was much I couldn't talk about? pucker up guys, justice has arrived"

I am interested in seeing what this means, as it sounds very ominous. What is the justice, how has it arrived? My desire to know more intensifies. Will I find out in two weeks?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Jesus H Christ, you guys weren't kidding. He turned the warlord dial up to 11.

"remember when I said the funding chart was a blatant lie, and part of the scam to deceive backers into a false sense of security? it's worse"

2 weeks.

Edit: Only way it could be worse is if someone secured a loan with a real financial firm based on that tracker, otherwise it's just numbers and bullshit.

As a ridiculous reminder we have Fuzzy Modem's trial on Monday

Hav fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 14, 2017

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

IncredibleIgloo posted:

From the tweetstorm:

"remember when I said due to obstruction of justice liabilities there was much I couldn't talk about? pucker up guys, justice has arrived"

I am interested in seeing what this means, as it sounds very ominous. What is the justice, how has it arrived? My desire to know more intensifies. Will I find out in two weeks?

I think he is saying one or more of the central players will be released from central booking later today.

If not then :whoknows:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Origin of r/dereksmart

Contemporary r/dereksmart

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

From the tweetstorm:

Without spoiling anything, what that means is there has been an investigation and any kind of details pertaining to that investigation while it is ongoing is considered Obstruction. What you can extract from that is that the investigation is concluded and there was/is sufficient evidence to place before a grand jury for indictment. Once that happens then those details can be spoken about freely.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Hav posted:

"remember when I said the funding chart was a blatant lie, and part of the scam to deceive backers into a false sense of security? it's worse"

2 weeks.

Edit: Only way it could be worse is if someone secured a loan with a real financial firm based on that tracker, otherwise it's just numbers and bullshit.

As a ridiculous reminder we have Fuzzy Modem's trial on Monday

I wonder who turned on CIG to be a material witness??

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

DapperDon posted:

Without spoiling anything, what that means is there has been an investigation and any kind of details pertaining to that investigation while it is ongoing is considered Obstruction. What you can extract from that is that the investigation is concluded and there was/is sufficient evidence to place before a grand jury for indictment. Once that happens then those details can be spoken about freely.

Feel free to please spoil it for me!

So, just curious, how would Derek know that the investigation has concluded? Wouldn't the indictment be a public record? Is there a solid way he could know this for sure while most others would not? Or is this more of a "My uncle works at the courthouse" sort of situation?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

So, this could be kinda juicy? In a "ripe for lol/tears/shame harvesting" kind of way?

(Or is this Operation Blueballs 3.0?)

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Also, with so many shell companies in play, are the indictments going to be against individuals, companies, or both?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I'm fighting the urge to make a twatter account just to reply to DS with:

"Pepperidge Farm remembers" to his latest tweets for lulz. :)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/64u96g/derek_links_to_reddit_post_where_he_rehashes_feud/dg5o5lz/?context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/635qag/these_coming_weeks_will_be_one_of_cigs_most/dfs42wu/?context=3

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 14, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

So we are to believe that this federal agency that is investigating CIG is feeding derek info before going public with it? Maybe they deputized him due to his expertise and he's the lead investigator? lmbo

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

So we are to believe that this federal agency that is investigating CIG is feeding derek info before going public with it? Maybe they deputized him due to his expertise and he's the lead investigator? lmbo

No, what it means is that it is quite very possible that Derek or someone Derek is in contact with is actually a part of that investigation.

e: Taxxe

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sum Mors posted:

Someone should just tweet back "nice meltdown" and see what happens haha

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The ELE triples every two weeks

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Names scrubbed for privacy?

I guess Trevor is much smarter than we all thought. :shrug:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Remember when Derek wrote that blog post that led to legal action? Yeah, me neither.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I don't think you understand prosecution development.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lladre posted:

I don't think you understand prosecution development.

It doesn't have to be Federal. State level prosecution works in almost the same manner. And like I said, it's POSSIBLE that Derek himself is involved or that someone that Derek is in contact with is and is giving him this information. We all like to make fun of him but one thing I believe we can all agree on is that anyone can look like a lunatic when we have burning knowledge of something but can't talk about it and can only make hints.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

As if this would be any crazier than all the other poo poo that's happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

As if this would be any crazier than all the other poo poo that's happened.

CIG wouldn't be conducting the investigation so I'd expect at least a sliver of professionalism.

It slays me though that anyone would believe that if there was any sort of investigation that derek would be involved in any way at all.

again, lmbo