Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

General Battuta posted:

Then he was reconstructed with a gaping turbine-hole in his chest, into which he plunged Optimus' sword, melting and devouring it.

Optimus was then imprisoned on a spaceship full of caged vagina monsters, and rescued by a man who found and claimed a sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

DeimosRising posted:

When did you last see it? Whatever BSD is, it ain't low effort

I mean, it's been a while, so it's entirely possible my impressions aren't accurate, but I'm thinking more in terms of two different kinds of hamminess. There's goofing off like the actress who plays Lucy and then there's committing to the loving absurdity that's going on, like when Van Helsing wards off Dracula's wives when they come to collect Mina.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I want to know what the next one is gonna be already. This is going to end in a 6th. WTF is Marky Mark and Prime gonna do

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Gatts posted:

I want to know what the next one is gonna be already. This is going to end in a 6th. WTF is Marky Mark and Prime gonna do

SuperMechaGodzilla posted:

He died.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Did Megatron die again since TF1? I don't remember that.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

UmOk posted:

Did Megatron die again since TF1? I don't remember that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ddah7sZMP0&t=120s

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Milky Moor posted:

Given that a ship like Lockdown's shows up in that trailer, I'm wondering if the theory I believed - that Lockdown alluded to the creators unleashing Unicron or whatever with his "wiping the board clean" comment - tracks into this film at all. Loving the trailer music, and some of those shots!

I'm thinking it might be a galactus sort of situation given that Optimus yells something about earth having to die so his world can live. If Unicron is involved, I think maybe he's giving the big guy earth instead of cybertron? Purple eyes means he's neither autobot nor decepticon now.

It's nice to see that they're embracing Optimus' true role as a villain though. After so many jokes about how he's the most violent character in these films they finally did it.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Forgot that. Did he come back in 4?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He got turned into Galvatron (human controlled) but broke free. He was last see escaping into the woods somewhere in China?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He got turned into Galvatron (human controlled) but broke free. He was last see escaping into the woods somewhere in China?

Yelling about how someone stole his seed.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Ahhh. I need to rewatch 3 and 4.

I really like the way Revenge of the Fallen handled Megatrons return. There is a lot of sacrifices in the movie. The autobots are self-sacrificing. Optimus sacrifices himself so Sam can live. Robo-Moses sacrifices himself so Optimus can live. The deceptions sacrifice a living being against its will in order to bring their master back to life.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Alienwarehouse posted:

Looks like The Last Knight filming took place at literally the same area that Prometheus did at one point:

Prometheus screens:

Yeah, that rock is The Old Man of Storr on The Isle of Skye. Really famous landmark in Scotland, it's been in quite a few films.

It was pretty funny as a location for an archaeological dig in Prometheus, it's kind of like setting the scene in front of Yosemite's Half-Dome.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 19, 2017

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
The alien ship in T4 and whole idea of Optimus going out into space to find God at the end always reminded me of Prometheus, too.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I mean, the opening scene of 4 where aliens use magic goo to create life by destroying in a place that at least looks like Iceland makes it clear that Bay really liked Prometheus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 22, 2017

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

For good reason, they value enunciation and diction and enshrine all of their goofy accents. But for some reason we associate that with classiness and not, I dunno, selfcenteredness.

We have a really complex and weird relationship with that island and its pale and trembling masters, since their American counterparts basically uplifted all sorts of ethnic groups to white status in our nation and nobody really knows how they feel about that still.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I always wondered about that, does the Mid-Atlantic fake British accent even exist anymore?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's what Irish people actually sound like. You know in TF4 when Jack Reynor's Irish accent slipped and he sounded not at all Irish? That's it right there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I always wondered about that, does the Mid-Atlantic fake British accent even exist anymore?

My wife had a prof who spoke with that accent. Last time she saw him he was day drunk, stumbling down the sidewalk and pouring potato chips from the bag to more or less his mouth. Seemed like good people.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I confess to not having spent that much time in New England.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I confess to not having spent that much time in New England.

Chicago actually. Transatlantic diaspora everywhere, lurking nonrhotically.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Put C-SPAN on in the background sometime when the House is in session for something or other -- you'll hear at least 20 Congresscritters speak with it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AutobotsGeneral/status/856190517981392896

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Humans? Meeting with Megatron? And he's not stomping them into the dirt?

Is this film really going into some sort of 'humans ally with Megatron to stop Optimus from taking all their faces' plot? Because it sure feels like it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

why is megatron 10x bigger than he was before

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

banned from Starbucks posted:

why is megatron 10x bigger than he was before

Gains

Did they get rid of that awful cube-swirl transformation from Age of Extinction, I hope so

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

General Battuta posted:

Gains

Did they get rid of that awful cube-swirl transformation from Age of Extinction, I hope so

only the Vehicons had that transformation and it was explicitly to mark them as "other", why does no one understand this?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

only the Vehicons had that transformation and it was explicitly to mark them as "other", why does no one understand this?

What's a Vehicon and is Megagalve one of them

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i don't remember if they were actually called vehicons but it was all the artificial transformers like Galvatron that were created from processed Transformium.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

It was a clear way of pointing out that Galvatron and his ilk were far more advanced than Optimus' Autobots, but it doesn't mean it wasn't boring as poo poo to watch. The series has always had awesome transformation sequences and switching to a vortex -- or, in the case of Lockdown, just not showing any -- was a big personal mark against AOE.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

The pixelly transformation did not look grotesque, painful, wretchedly dangerous, suggestive of an intrinsically tormented and provisional attitude towards form, or capable of macerating human flesh and pulverizing all nearby. Therefore it did not meet my requirements

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lockdown had his own scene showcasing his transformation.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

The Bayformer in its purest state is a protean and flaming mass of kibble, casting about with cancerous hunger for something, anything, to imitate.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Lockdown had his own scene showcasing his transformation.

Sure, his head into a gun. And it was cool.

But every time he turns into a car it's just off-screen.

General Battuta posted:

The Bayformer in its purest state is a protean and flaming mass of kibble, casting about with cancerous hunger for something, anything, to imitate.

Growling and roaring, too. Can't forget how painful the transformations sound.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

Sure, his head into a gun. And it was cool.

But every time he turns into a car it's just off-screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDn51QjNdo

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

This might be the first time I've been corrected discussing these films.

I don't know how I feel about this.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
He also transforms right after T.J. Miller dies.

Optimus's transformation in front of the old gas station was the best I think.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

He kind of dives down into his Transformation before driving around CJ Miller's corpse and the posture of it is super cool. It's probably the transformation I remember best.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The onscreen transformations are not really similar to the toys (for obvious reasons), but I did find it funny that in AoE Prime's first transformation from his new truck form involves his arms emerging fully intact from the truck, since toy versions of that form are usually criticised for being "shellformers" (meaning that the vehicle parts form an outer shell hiding a fully-formed robot instead of folding and reassembling into them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMHM6uTW8SU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Even in promo clips Optimus wants to murder us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZHJ6vrVvNA