Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Just played Puyo Puyo Tetris with the wife a bunch and I have to say, swap mode is really really good and fun. Definitely looking forward to the full release.

edit: just wish the handicaps had finer gradations like Tetris Attack, oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Also Nintendo this game made me really want Tetris Attack in some form on the Switch, please and thank you.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Puyo Puyo Tetris - USA - $30USD ($40AUD) 
 Puyo Puyo Tetris - AUS - $45USD ($60AUD) 50% increase 

I think this is because The Tetris Company are loving assholes.

Keeping in mind Tetris is run by a bunch of former Soviet Union officials out of Hawaii who spend their time taking Tetris clones to court and charging whatever the gently caress try want for Tetris.

Don't think it's Sega's fault here.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

quote:

Elektronorgtechnica (also spelled Electronorgtechnica), better known abbreviated as ELORG, is the former Sovietstate owned organization on export and import of computer hardware and software. It was controlled by the Ministry of Foreign Trade.[1] ELORG was responsible for the licensing and development of the popular video game Tetris.[2] As the game was owned by the state (Tetris was written by salaried programmers at the Soviet Academy of Sciences), all rights to the game worldwide were handled by ELORG

Then the Soviet union collapses, they all fled to Hawaii and started sueing Tetris clones for fun. :ussr:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm not sending in my Joy-con so that in 30 years I can sell it to some dipshit for $600 as a RARE!! unrepaired launch left Joy-con.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Anidav posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris - USA - $30USD ($40AUD) 
 Puyo Puyo Tetris - AUS - $45USD ($60AUD) 50% increase 

I think this is because The Tetris Company are loving assholes.

Keeping in mind Tetris is run by a bunch of former Soviet Union officials out of Hawaii who spend their time taking Tetris clones to court and charging whatever the gently caress try want for Tetris.

Don't think it's Sega's fault here.

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but seeing these numbers made me google the exchange rate. We are operating under the assumption that 1 AUD = 1 USD, but if the exchange rate is truly .76 AUD = 1 USD then it works out that 60 AUD = 45.6 USD.

If the exchange rate is factual and not some fabrication, all the examples cited previously in the thread are not so egregious. What am I missing here?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Cicero posted:

Just played Puyo Puyo Tetris with the wife a bunch and I have to say, swap mode is really really good and fun. Definitely looking forward to the full release.

edit: just wish the handicaps had finer gradations like Tetris Attack, oh well

Swap.avi mode is pretty lovely.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Colorspray posted:

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but seeing these numbers made me google the exchange rate. We are operating under the assumption that 1 AUD = 1 USD, but if the exchange rate is truly .76 AUD = 1 USD then it works out that 60 AUD = 45.6 USD.

If the exchange rate is factual and not some fabrication, all the examples cited previously in the thread are not so egregious. What am I missing here?

No we're not though?

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Zanzibar Ham posted:

No we're not though?

No, sorry I didn't mean to speak for you sir.

There are just a lot of price comparisons being done in this thread making it seem like australia is getting hosed.

Saying that the australia version of puyo puyo tetris is marked up 50% of its value certainly seems like that assumption is being made.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Kashuno posted:

Heard Beyond & Evil 2 is coming tonight as a Switch exclusive!

There's not a lot of games that I'd instabuy, but this is one.

I so want this to be real.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Australians should just become Pirates, IMHO.

Literally robbing Container Ships full of Games

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Colorspray posted:

There are just a lot of price comparisons being done in this thread making it seem like australia is getting hosed.

Saying that the australia version of puyo puyo tetris is marked up 50% of its value certainly seems like that assumption is being made.

They're charging us Australians 45 USD instead of 30 USD. That's a 50% increase. No assumptions required.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

I sincerely apologize for being an idiot and skimming posts. That is all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Colorspray posted:

OK take my word for it, but on the Aus eShop it's $59.99AUD, on the US eShop it's $29.99USD

USA eShop - $29.99USD ($39.59AUD)
AUS eShop - $45.45USD ($59.99AUD)

$40AUD on the US eShop
$60AUD on the Au eShop

50% increase.

What's not to get here?
Like... do you want screenshots? Just set up an Aussie account yourself.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Colorspray posted:

You misunderstood what you quoted. Puyo Puyo Tetris costs $30 USD in the US. $30 USD ~= $45 AUD. Puyo Puyo Tetrist costs $60 AUD in Australia.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Colorspray posted:

I sincerely apologize for being an idiot and skimming posts. That is all.

im an idiot all the time dont worry about it buddy

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So I have 10 bucks left after buying BoI. What I wanna get with those 10 Bucks?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So I have 10 bucks left after buying BoI. What I wanna get with those 10 Bucks?

Neo Turf Masters. Done.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Neo Turf Masters. Done.

Wait, I thought all you were doing the ironic thing where you pretend to love a poo poo game???

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im still lol at the guy who thought wonder boy was a nes game

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Urge to import Cave Story and BoI on cart....rising

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Wait, I thought all you were doing the ironic thing where you pretend to love a poo poo game???

It's fun as poo poo even if you're terrible at golf.

Real hurthling! posted:

Im still lol at the guy who thought wonder boy was a nes game

I mean technically Adventure Island.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Also Infinitum, just to piss us Aussies off more.

Minecraft Story Mode is 100 dollars in Australia
RIME is 80 dollars in Australia
Rayman Legends in 90 Dollars in Australia

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I actually just ended up getting Shovel Knight since I don't own either DLC on PC

Thank God Play Asia sells reasonable eshop codes

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Doesn't​ Australia have a VAT or something?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

parallelodad posted:

Every real country has a sales tax or Vat. Just buy everything digitally on the US eshop

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

OK I'm starting a rumour so it happens

Double Fine are apparently porting the remasters of Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Secret of Monkey Island 1+2, Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, etc to the Switch as a massive game bundle

I'm done with them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cithen posted:

I guess Walmart doesn't carry carts of Binding of Isaac? I came away with a Pixel Mario amiibo for $5 on clearance, though.

The Wal-Mart I bought my Switch at had copies of BoI available.

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Breath of the Wild was also multi-platform so maybe they are counting Wii U numbers.

I bought BotW via Amazon Prime and didn't manage to get a Switch for another ~2 weeks. The numbers make sense when you realize that it was easier to get your hands on BotW and there are plenty of people who decided "yes I am definitely getting this system and want to play the new LoZ game so I'll get the game now so I don't have to worry about finding it when I get the console."

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Nah it's good as Heck, shovel knight is also good as heck. You made a good choice!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's actually cheaper to import Minecraft Story Mode on Switch than it is to buy locally lmao.

off Play Asia

off EB Games (Only $10 cheaper at JB HiFi)

It's basically cheaper to import this game by a margin of 40 to 30 dollars. :psyboom:
:australia:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Nah it's good as Heck, shovel knight is also good as heck. You made a good choice!

Well maybe with the next leftover 3 Dollars I get that one.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I actually just ended up getting Shovel Knight since I don't own either DLC on PC

Thank God Play Asia sells reasonable eshop codes

Did you buy SK on PC after the cutoff? You get the DLC by default if you've had it forever.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Did you buy SK on PC after the cutoff? You get the DLC by default if you've had it forever.

I actually don't know. I have only played Shovel of Hope on Steam. I guess I bought it after it came out? I'd rather play it mobile, do even if I double dipped, it's cool

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
If you have 4 joycons there's a glitch that lets you play the other modes in the Puyo Tetris demo

https://twitter.com/Rorru/status/852998143910301698
https://twitter.com/Rorru/status/852998831381901313

Nov 24, 2014

parallelodad posted:

10%. What's the sales tax situation in the US with digital purchases?

Anidav posted:

Minecraft Story Mode is 100 dollars in Australia
:eyepop:
That's gotta be a placeholder, right?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

226 posted:

Depends on the State. Which is why you buy digitally from the US shop and enter a bogus state with no Tax

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's a list of games I want on the Nintendo Switch:
4- Metal Gear Solid Collection

I'd love that too, but if they did it it'd probably be a late port of the MGS HD collection PS3 and XB360 got, the one with MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker. MGS4 is never leaving the PS3 and a full HD remake of MGS1 would probably be more work that Konami would want to put in.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Konami is not able to port anything anymore at this point,if it's not making them Pachislot Money.

Or MB Coin Microtransactions

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

226 posted:

:eyepop:
That's gotta be a placeholder, right?

Varies by state. Mine is %10 but it's a tax added on the end so you don't see it in the price. With your VAT the tax is added before purchase so you see it in the price, and that also means the amount of tax you're paying on an item of equivalent price is slightly higher. But even then, your prices are a lot more than %10 higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'd want a Retro Game Challenge Switch that among other things also featured games from the previous RGCs. To make the Switch part of the name more mechanically meaningful, it could have challenges where you go through challenges in multiple games one after the other like an n-athlon. Though really as long as it got an English translation I'd be happy.

• Locked thread