Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Classic redesign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hay is great because he can anchor a debate without being insufferable / socially awkward / smug. He's the ideal straight man, which is ironic give the amount of cum goons have spilled over him.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
cum goon

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JB50 posted:

Rey is Lukes daughter who had her memory wiped to protect her after his school was attacked. She is force trained and will start to remember things, or have her memories restored by daddy Luke.

Quote this so you remember I was right when the next laughably predictable Star Wars poo poo show comes out

SMG is a laughably lame gimmick poster and if you like him go post in CD and suck his dick there.

Still going with this.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Punk Mike, nerd Jay and Amazon explorer Gilchrist.

Rich looks the same as he does now, maybe a little more hair.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JB50 posted:

Punk Mike, nerd Jay and Amazon explorer Gilchrist.

Rich looks the same as he does now, maybe a little more hair.

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/gmppictures/who.html

this is p good too, confirms that mike+rich were the """originals""" and also there was a jack prototype before the jack 2.0 we have now.

the jack prototype is named ron

EDIT:
lmao jfc this website is soooo weird this has to be fake but theres so many details:

Jay Bauman, Blanc Screen Cinema posted:

REwind Article by Jay Bauman

My Long Walk Home

GMP Pictures is primarily known for making schlock/comedy/sci-fi madness. That's their reputation. Blanc Screen Cinema seems to be primarily known as "the company that made that movie about baby f***king." And Allegory Films..well, nobody's seen anything by them. But after working with Mike Stoklasa for the past few months, The Long Walk Home is going to change everything. I can say that without even worrying about sounding arrogant or self-righteous. It's a fact. This film is going to be important for the community. I'm speaking from a completely outsider's point of view, since this is more or less Mike's baby.

My first exposure to Mike actually directing was back in November, when we shot a few simple scenes for LWH with me, Jessie Cuellar and Jesse Sorgatz. On the ride over to the location, an abandoned factory in downtown Chicago, Mike was telling me his ideas for this feature and how he wanted it to be different from his usual stuff. The thing that stuck out in my mind was how serious he was. In my opinion, it's very difficult to take an amateur movie seriously. They just seem so amateurish. But Mike knew what he was talking about. He actually said he wanted to "move people," which in my mind is a pretty tall order for an amateur filmmaker, much less one widely known for making a movie about talking fruit.

We got to the location and Mike began to direct Jessie and Jesse. And I mean DIRECT. He began giving each actor their character's backstory, their motives, their mood, what their parents were like, what they had for breakfast that day, etc. Jessie Cuellar's character is a homeless chick and Mike actually had her so worked up with his speech about what kind of person she was that Jessie had tears in her eyes when he started filming, which worked perfectly for the scene. It was incredible.

Mike even talked Jessie into doing a semi-nude scene that was going to be exercised from the script since I told him he probably wouldn't be able to convince her to do it. But he had her eating out of his hand. Mike is truly an actor's director. He knew how important the nude scene was to the story and to the vulnerability of the character. And believe me, the nude scene is going to make the movie worth watching. It's tasteful and truly a sentimental, memorable moment. I was shown a rough edit of the scene just a couple weeks ago and it brought an actual got me pretty emotional at how sweet it was.

A short time after filming the Jesse Sorgatz/Jessie Cuellar scenes, Mike got into a bit of a problem with Allegory Films. More specifically, he and Rich got into a problem with Kim Phillips' car. I won't go into detail since I belive Mike is going to explain all the bloody details later. Let me just say that Mike handled the situation the way a true professional would. Not like that crazy bastard from Fox Pack that was posting in the forum a few weeks ago.

I've gone down to Chicago two more times since then to lend a hand with The Long Walk Home and every time, I've just been amazed with how much of a professional Mike Stoklasa truly is. And Rich Evans for that matter. There's a scene where I'm supposed to threaten Jesse Sorgatz with a knife. I was doing a terrible job at this for the first few takes. I just can't be threatening (The Trouble With Her Uterus, anyone?). Mike was getting irritated with me, which was understandable, and pulled a full-on William Friedkin on me by slapping me across the face to get the proper emotions out of me. At the time, I was furious, but looking at the scene now, it worked perfectly. For the first time in my life, I look like a bad rear end.

GMP's other films may be wacky and silly, but after The Long Walk Home is released, they will be a force to be reckoned with. Mike is a very modest fellow in the forum and even in person, but I truly believe that his work on The Long Walk Home will speak for itself. Okay, Mike, now where's my $10?

Jay Bauman, Blanc Screen Cinema

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 14, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

Mike even talked Jessie into doing a semi-nude scene

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
This thread gets creepy sometimes/all the time

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
otoh

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DICK
THE
-------------------
BOY

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

i loving love all these crappy personal webpages from the 90s. it's legit sad they're slowly disappearing.

i once found tim choate's (zathras on babylon 5) personal webpage. that was cool. and i found out recently that the bloodlust software webpage got shutdown. rip.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

JB50 posted:

Rey is Lukes daughter who had her memory wiped to protect her after his school was attacked. She is force trained and will start to remember things, or have her memories restored by daddy Luke.

Quote this so you remember I was right when the next laughably predictable Star Wars poo poo show comes out

SMG is a laughably lame gimmick poster and if you like him go post in CD and suck his dick there.

This is so predictable that I'm going to bet that Rey is a Solo so she can redeem her brother but either are equally likely

naem
May 29, 2011

Lil Peeler posted:

This is so predictable that I'm going to bet that Rey is a Solo so she can redeem her brother but either are equally likely

She'll turn evil and he'll turn good

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rey's last name is Palpatine.

Tattoo that poo poo on your dick now if you want to be in the "I was right" hootenanny in December.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Lil Peeler posted:

[insert Inception joke here]

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
She's actually Rey Mothma-Calrissian.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
She's the daughter of Manny Bothans.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

She's gonna be the reincarnated force Ghost of Anakin, because he's the chosen one. His midichlorians reconstituted themselves into Rey.

She's still gonna implied-gently caress Luke, tho :shrug:

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Altared State fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 15, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Nice sack, man.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

This is like Clerks but good.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Young Jay and Rich look about the same. Young Mike is unrecognisable.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

bring back old gbs posted:

EDIT:
lmao jfc this website is soooo weird this has to be fake but theres so many details:

I once got into an argument with someone who thought all that poo poo was true. Like, it's so clearly a joke...I just, come on.

edit: especially because, if you've seen The Long Walk Home, you know that the whole thing was they were pretending it was a serious low budget art film, but then it slowly reveals itself as a comedy

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 15, 2017

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JJ should have never been given Star War. Also gently caress all these Star Wars.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think JJ is making this Sartre war

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

parallelodad posted:

I don't think JJ is making this Sartre war

Star Wars Episode IX: Being and Nothingness

naem
May 29, 2011

I just watched rogue one and it felt like all background characters with no main characters, except I guess the main girl who was really cute. There weren't any heros though it's all just angry unhappy people punching each other.

Also I guess all white guys are evil, ugly and/or British now?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Rogue One was better than Force Awakens. Neither are great movies but Rogue one felt like an actual star wars movie while Foce Awakens was generic space trash. Nothing special about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

naem posted:

:yeah:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

So progressive. And tolerant.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yug posted:

So progressive. And tolerant.

So much for the tolerant left

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

naem posted:

they always were

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yug posted:

Rogue One was better than Force Awakens. Neither are great movies but Rogue one felt like an actual star wars movie while Foce Awakens was generic space trash. Nothing special about it.

I feel exactly the opposite. Force Awakens felt like a Star Wars movie (specifically, A New Hope) and Rogue One felt like a generic space trash fan film.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
TFA sucked cuz mary sue

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

I feel exactly the opposite. Force Awakens felt like a Star Wars movie (specifically, A New Hope) and Rogue One felt like a generic space trash fan film.

Nah, Force Awakens was pretty bad. The plot was aj umbled mess, and it just didn't have that star wars feel. Rey was a terrible mary sue character that was brilliant at everything. The Rogue One characters had flaws and depth. The Force Awakens characters are basically super heroes. Absurd.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

TFA sucked cuz mary sue

Basically this but unironically and also it sucked because everything else about the movie was bad.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You're all wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yug posted:

Nah, Force Awakens was pretty bad. The plot was aj umbled mess, and it just didn't have that star wars feel. Rey was a terrible mary sue character that was brilliant at everything. The Rogue One characters had flaws and depth. The Force Awakens characters are basically super heroes. Absurd.

The plot is the same plot to A New Hope, how is it a jumbled mess?

The Rogue One characters had no depth, what the gently caress are you on about? Give me some examples of character depth.

• Locked thread