Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

Sabreseven posted:

So, this could be kinda juicy? In a "ripe for lol/tears/shame harvesting" kind of way?

(Or is this Operation Blueballs 3.0?)

You know deep down in your heart what the answer is. You can say it to yourself aloud...

...in two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

well HECK Phil posted:

You know deep down in your heart what the answer is. You can say it to yourself aloud...

...in two weeks

Hehe, yeah you're probably not wrong tbh :)

DapperDon posted:

It doesn't have to be Federal. State level prosecution works in almost the same manner. And like I said, it's POSSIBLE that Derek himself is involved or that someone that Derek is in contact with is and is giving him this information. We all like to make fun of him but one thing I believe we can all agree on is that anyone can look like a lunatic when we have burning knowledge of something but can't talk about it and can only make hints.

Agreed, but just this once, I'd like to know the details, no more teasing, no more blue balls :D

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

With the warlord that cried ELE I cant help but be skeptical

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

IncredibleIgloo posted:

From the tweetstorm:

"remember when I said due to obstruction of justice liabilities there was much I couldn't talk about? pucker up guys, justice has arrived"

I am interested in seeing what this means, as it sounds very ominous. What is the justice, how has it arrived? My desire to know more intensifies. Will I find out in two weeks?

Justice is his new cat. Her and Legal don't get along too well.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

big nipples big life posted:

CIG wouldn't be conducting the investigation so I'd expect at least a sliver of professionalism.

It slays me though that anyone would believe that if there was any sort of investigation that derek would be involved in any way at all.

again, lmbo

Have you seen the state America (and Britain, to be fair) is in recently. Sweet reason does not seem to be the guiding force. Derek Smart being involved with an official investigation makes a lot more sense to me than Trump becoming president, the Bundys being cleared of pretty much every charge, and Britain leaving the EU.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

With the warlord that cried ELE I cant help but be skeptical

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad derek smart was there to tell us that this whole game was a scam

without him how could any of us have known chris roberts is a hack

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Such an intensely stupid game design concept so incompetently implemented had to have come directly from Chris.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Chin posted:

Such an intensely stupid game design concept so incompetently implemented had to have come directly from Chris.

Who the gently caress wants to play a video game where you get tired?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

DapperDon posted:

It's like having a stamina bar, but it's invisible and a thousand times worse.

Star Citizen.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Chin posted:

Is there any more intense moment in gaming than when you try to vault a wall to avoid a grenade and realise you can't because your legs are a bit sore?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Once again Roberts genius goes where no developer has gone before.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DapperDon posted:

In CRoberts constant lust for "realism" he constantly trips over what actually makes game immersive and just furthers makes things that would make his game impossible to work with things like VR.

Pressing E or whatever to vault and having your character fail at it is actually incredibly intrusive and will instantly pull you away from what you are doing, reminding you that you are playing a lovely game.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

What? No, citizens are well adjus

:wtchris:
Did I miss this?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

thatguy posted:

:wtchris:
Did I miss this?

How did you miss that? It was all we talked about for days, then bad things happened :D

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

DapperDon posted:

Euro/American truck simulator does, so of course space truck simulator would too

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

As a chronic fatigue sufferer, I'm glad to see a videogame addressing my condition.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Sabreseven posted:

How did you miss that? It was all we talked about for days, then bad things happened :D
I stopped reading for a few months during the beginning of this year.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Rudager posted:

Euro/American truck simulator does, so of course space truck simulator would too

I blame the Germans for that.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

In CRoberts constant lust for "realism" he constantly trips over what actually makes game immersive and just furthers makes things that would make his game impossible to work with things like VR.

Pressing E or whatever to vault and having your character fail at it is actually incredibly intrusive and will instantly pull you away from what you are doing, reminding you that you are playing a lovely game.

Once the money started to roll in at the start of the kickstarter Chris got all excited and said "Sandi, this is gonna work, no more car selling for me! I better brush up on my game design skills, could you order me 'Dummies guild to Game Design' book from Amazon?"

"Sure" replied Sandi, and using her years of acting skills of learning to remember her lines she promptly logged on the Amazon and ordered 'Guild to Dumb Game Design'

Five years and $150 million dollars later, the Citizens are getting this level of game design and Sandi is getting big diamond rings.

Everything has work out great.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think you'll find that dumb "realism" is exactly why backers gave Chris $150,000,000. If you don't like that, maybe you should get the gently caress out and play a different game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/why-i-find-this-game-a-little-bit-boooooooring

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

This is where he keeps tripping up, no one has said the game in itself even with all the extras is impossible, what most people do say though is : "with CIG's history of being crap at pretty much everything except taking peoples money it would be a massive stretch to assume or put faith in them as a company being competent enough to make anything near what they are pitching".

Also, why the wankbiscuiting gently caress would anyone have "hard questions" to ask a person who doubted a game would get made? Wouldn't it be better to just play the thing and not let it bother you? It seems it's somehow some sort of criminal offence to, even with the benefit of knowledge of CIG's prior incompetance backing it up, be doubtful of a game being brought to release.

It would be like me asking "hard questions" to him on the day it all falls flat on it's arse, I just wouldn't bother and be quite content laughing my arse off at him for being stupid. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hey Tarkatheotter, we may be assholes over here, but at least we are not assholes that think a used car salesman who hasn't touched a pc in the last 20 years other than to draft people a 'bill of sale' for a car he doesn't personally own can suddenly out of gently caress all knowledge make a game that could change the face of gaming.

Who's got more to lose buddy?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
deezy killed it on Twitter today boys

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Are you guys making laughing noises with your assholes cos I can on get mine to make farting sounds, is there a secret that I'm not being told? :colbert:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i eagerly await the warlords return

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
So how was that atv?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kellanved posted:

So how was that atv?

Crazy boring. I watched the whole thing (god help me) and it was all "Here's a bunch of boring poo poo we're working on that is all stuff you'd think we'd have done after five years and eleventy billion dollars" and then some pictures of a spaceship.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Per disco schedule not coming til super late tonight. But this is totally the schedule theyre using it just takes months to make

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

So getting banned again made Derek even crazier than he was before?

Nice.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Kellanved posted:

So how was that atv?

I love when community dissent is at all time high, CIG uses the "show the capital class ships that will never make it into the game" fire extinguisher that at best has a 10% charge left in it that stifles the flames momentarily; they did the same thing for citizencon and the holiday disasterstream.

The question is, do backers eventually get tired of this routine?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

nawledgelambo posted:

I love when community dissent is at all time high, CIG uses the "show the capital class ships that will never make it into the game" fire extinguisher that at best has a 10% charge left in it that stifles the flames momentarily; they did the same thing for citizencon and the holiday disasterstream.

The question is, do backers eventually get tired of this routine?

I don't know but Reddit thinks the AtV was better than sliced bread.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Per disco schedule not coming til super late tonight. But this is totally the schedule theyre using it just takes months to make

I like the reverse development. Work on 3.0 for six months, then cram in the schedule on a Friday night on supposedly what you were working on. What a company.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

I don't know but Reddit thinks the AtV was better than sliced bread.

I like the reverse development. Work on 3.0 for six months, then cram in the schedule on a Friday night on supposedly what you were working on. What a company.

I've heard that the Houser brothers from Rockstar are trying to get selves some intern roles at CIG to learn about how the best games will be made in the future. It's the only way Rockstar can stay viable going forward. They are find it hard though to get the roles as Chris does not think they understand now to combined story telling and gameplay. (He also wonders about their business sense as that they never charged players for pre-alpha cars in GTA or saddle up grades in RDR)

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 15, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

They are find it hard though to get the roles as Chris does not think they understand now to combined story telling and gameplay.
After playing GTA 4 and RDR, I thought the same thing. :colbert:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D1E posted:

So getting banned again made Derek even crazier than he was before?

Nice.

We love you Derek. Keep doing what you're doing.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

XK posted:

We love you Derek. Keep doing what you're doing.

I meant this both ironically and completely truthfully.

Keep going Derek!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Having an ironic stance on something, and an identical real stance on that same something, is a weird condition.

Chris Roberts is loving with my brain.