Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Since I'm going for the quad post, what the gently caress is a "stand"? I've heard people talk about it in regards to anime, but I've never been able to extract the meaning from any context I've found it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/853037590668234753

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

3.0 schedule coming out today, checkmate goonies! :shepface:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Final review, for the schedule, for the patch, that was supposed to be out last year. The schedule for the patch that was due 5 months ago.

:psyboom:

I can't wrap my head around how people keep eating this poo poo up like its totally normal/expected.

"WE WILL GIVE YOU 3.0 BY YEARS END!" *Six Months Later* "HERES THE ROAD MAP FOR THE 3.0 PATCH!"

:negative:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I was hoping that whatever Derek was tweeting about would be breaking news or something. How long will we have to wait!?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The final schedule for the secret 3.0 build they are working on concurrently with the 2.6 development branch.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I hope that once they're done they print the schedule, fold it neatly, then seal it in a nice envelope and mail it to five loving years ago.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I was hoping that whatever Derek was tweeting about would be breaking news or something. How long will we have to wait!?

The ELE was going to be no 3.0 schedule this week, but CIG seems to be delivering for once.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Natron posted:

I hope that once they're done they print the schedule, fold it neatly, then seal it in a nice envelope and mail it to five loving years ago.

Would be even loving better if Kevin Costner as "The Postman" delivered it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Well I'm glad they finally sat Chris down and showed him what a schedule looks like.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its just so loving backwards

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

"See that point on the far left side Chris? That's the December 19th '3.0 hopefully by then' day. Haha, remember how the fools fell for it? Good times"

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

XK posted:

We love you Derek. Keep doing what you're doing.

XK posted:

I meant this both ironically and completely truthfully.

Keep going Derek!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its not really encouraging when you're late on delivering a schedule on delivering a patch for a game you're planning to deliver eventually.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

This at lest shows true open development. It's not that they where ever keeping the schedule from the Citizen, it's that they themselves never had one either.

I don't know you employ over 300 people, have 140 million plus in funding and don't have schedules.

Amateur.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I'm incapable of sufficiently lowering my expectations to meet reality when it comes to commandos. I have a concept of the dumbest a person can be and still be capable of operating a computer and dressing themselves that I keep adjusting lower and lower and SC cultists reliably blow past it.

Getting hyped for the release of a schedule.

Maybe the funding tracker is actually accurate and completely comprised of fuckwit funds. A few thousand absolute idiots getting second mortgages and blowing inheritances.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chin posted:

Such an intensely stupid game design concept so incompetently implemented had to have come directly from Chris.

Just imagine experiencing that in VR, you are expecting to go forward but your character is too tired so *baaaarrrffffff*

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Chin posted:

I'm incapable of sufficiently lowering my expectations to meet reality when it comes to commandos. I have a concept of the dumbest a person can be and still be capable of operating a computer and dressing themselves that I keep adjusting lower and lower and SC cultists reliably blow past it.

Getting hyped for the release of a schedule.

Maybe the funding tracker is actually accurate and completely comprised of fuckwit funds. A few thousand absolute idiots getting second mortgages and blowing inheritances.

:jerry:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Crazy boring. I watched the whole thing (god help me) and it was all "Here's a bunch of boring poo poo we're working on that is all stuff you'd think we'd have done after five years and eleventy billion dollars" and then some pictures of a spaceship.

"We are starting to work on the first implementation of... <insert basic gameplay functionality here> "

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

They've added ship naming to live in Elite. I thought this was fitting.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

in classic CGI fashion they are waiting until the 11th hour for this poo poo

the best time to get a CEO to review a schedule for a patch that was due 4 months ago is apparently 20 minutes before the end of the work day on the last day of the week you promised it on

most :smith: part is if you look at the replies to the tweet it's a bunch of folks in Europe saying things like "hey guys, it's 2am here already...you gonna...you gonna post soon or...?"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

Since I'm going for the quad post, what the gently caress is a "stand"? I've heard people talk about it in regards to anime, but I've never been able to extract the meaning from any context I've found it in.

Imagine that Clark Kent is not Superman but that he can instead materialize Superman standing next to him, that's a stand. Also, only other people who have stands can see Superman. So you can give the superman-stand all his loving ridiculous powers and still have some sense of danger in your dumb comic because while Supes is almost invulnerable, Clark is not.

In my defense, I've followed JoJo since the early nineties.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 15, 2017

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

They've added ship naming to live in Elite. I thought this was fitting.

:bravo::five::bravo::five::bravo::five::bravo::five:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KBpxfO-vGg&t=9s

Pretty accurate, all thing's told.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Cao Ni Ma posted:

In CRoberts constant lust for "realism" he constantly trips over what actually makes game immersive and just furthers makes things that would make his game impossible to work with things like VR.

Pressing E or whatever to vault and having your character fail at it is actually incredibly intrusive and will instantly pull you away from what you are doing, reminding you that you are playing a lovely game.

I think it's funny that you can direct your character to do a thing and instead of do a thing they slowly go "yeeeeaaaaahhhh... no."

Imagine a game where you give commands and if your avatar doesn't feel like it they don't do it. But I guess if it's a regenerating bar it won't be any different than like a mana bar or something.

But all this mocap can't go to waste. It's what makes games.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
When does Jesus patch schedule come out???

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I can't believe they are making this big of a deal out of a schedule.

I guess they think if they schedule real hard the work will magic itself finished as well?

In the history of CIG, they met like one or two deadlines early on? Are people supposed to actually take this seriously?

Yes. Yes, friend. Of course they are. :allears:

Because don't you see CR looking at it? His magic touch is there.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Anyone else wonder how long until CIG starts releasing production schedules for creating the proposed patch production schedules?

e:Sure do have fond memories of CIG working on 3.0 in parallel with 2.6--those were some good times last August...

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 15, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I've noticed the bar being steadily lowered by fans over time. First it was delivering everything, then 100 systems (with stretch goals coming later), then an MVP with a handful of systems, then SQ42, and now I'm seeing some of them being satisfied with 3.0. When in reality we are going to be hearing more about rewrites and new technology buzzwords since CIG still has a long way to go after 3.0.

It is a weak show of faith when your fans don't have the courage to state that the completed game will come out and prove the doubters wrong. They don't even talk or dream about it anymore. Maybe if CIG completes enough milestones the resulting product will resemble a game, that's about all they can hope for at this point in time.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tokamak posted:

I've noticed the bar being steadily lowered by fans over time. First it was delivering everything, then 100 systems (with stretch goals coming later), then an MVP with a handful of systems, then SQ42, and now I'm seeing some of them being satisfied with 3.0. When in reality we are going to be hearing more about rewrites and new technology buzzwords since CIG still has a long way to go after 3.0.

It is a weak show of faith when your fans don't have the courage to state that the completed game will come out and prove the doubters wrong. They don't even talk or dream about it anymore. Maybe if CIG completes enough milestones the resulting product will resemble a game, that's about all they can hope for at this point in time.

I still expect that whatever gets released as 3.0 will bear minimal resemblance to the featureset they've promised. So there will definitely be a lot of work to do, and if CIG can limp onward long enough they'll just kick the can down the road again, and a dwindling cadre of shitizens will pin all of their hopes on the magical 4.0 making all their dreams come true.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

June 29

Evocati testing starting around June 5th, but backend won't be done until the 16th and networking by the 26th. What could possibly go wrong? June sounds nicer than July (or August).

Backers are already crowing about the game "coming out in June", lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No way that is going to happen.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

2017 Overview Schedule

So 3.0 is going to have the full Stanton system except none of the planets will be finished in time for 3.0. Arc Corp won't be done until late July, Hurston and Crusader until Christmas, and Microtech sometime next year 🤔🤔🤔

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

lol "planets were never really promised for 3.0" said the star citizen backers in unison

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I like how they'll crank out insurance in a few days.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

walking back on not only 99 other systems, but the one they currently can't get to fit

lmao

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
^ also that is planned for 3.2, not 3.0

if you are a backer reading this, I feel sorry for you and the money you still have in this

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Elevator V2, airlocks V2 and shopping V2. CIG does listen to goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

3.0 in June! They'll have it all done in just a month and a half! This is realistic! I'm so excited for all this new poo poo but when it's all late I'll just pretend only idiots thought it would come out that soon.