Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm on episode 8 and cannot express how happy I am this show has kept the momentum and good poo poo up. Nothing will ever beat "The Bigfoot Movie That Is Not At All Actually About Bigfoot" but there's some STRONG contenders deeper in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

LabyaMynora posted:

I just finished watching this and I'm honestly having a hard time wrapping my head around this as a movie that happened. It's so bad on a conceptual level, yet someone gave them enough money for the ridiculous amount of animals on screen (not all of them were stock footage.)

Also, there's been a saying in movie-making for decades before this movie was made, "never work with animals or kids." Whoever made this movie was just like, "gently caress THAT!"

I know! It's like, maybe I was naive enough to think something like the stuff the classics riffed was most likely to happen a long time ago when movies costed less in general, or something? I get that the release date on this film isn't too far off from a lot of stuff they did in the first ten/eleven seasons, and that they probably did later films, too--isn't that Raul Julia TV flick, ...Memory Bank, early 90's?--but my point is that it's exceptionally bad in other ways. Anyway, just... Goddamn it, why?

another edit:
Also, the fox with the collar on was my favorite wild animal. This movie taught me that's just something that happens sometimes.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 15, 2017

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

sexpig by night posted:

I'm on episode 8 and cannot express how happy I am this show has kept the momentum and good poo poo up. Nothing will ever beat "The Bigfoot Movie That Is Not At All Actually About Bigfoot" but there's some STRONG contenders deeper in.

After watching the first seven, Reptilicus, Cry Wilderness, Time Travelers and Starcrash were my favorites so far.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
What contribution level was it to get your name in the credits? Just wondering; don't see mine but I don't remember what the threshold was.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
okay this host segment with jonah trying to introduce new bots to the show is great

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I cannot express how proud I am to have my name in the credits for the Cry Wilderness episode.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

HannibalBarca posted:

What contribution level was it to get your name in the credits? Just wondering; don't see mine but I don't remember what the threshold was.

Late additions are in the final episode, along with all the weird nicknames and joke ones. Yours might be there.

My favorite joke one is A Cargo Container full of Raccoons.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I was trying to pinpoint exactly why I felt Cry Wilderness was kind of a weak episode, and I think it's that—like Manos—it's a special movie that really needed the riffers to react with more anger/stupefaction/despair, and they handled it too casually.

Their reinterpretation of the woman with the weird hair as "The Braid Lady" was a great bit, though. Didn't go overboard mocking one distracting detail, funny even if you didn't recognize it as a Twin Peaks reference.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Bruteman posted:

After watching the first seven, Reptilicus, Cry Wilderness, Time Travelers and Starcrash were my favorites so far.

My favorite parts of Reptilicus were the heavily unfunny comedy and the "Every Monster Has a Country" host segment. I can't say I expected MST3K to deliver a rap in general, but that its structure's as clever as its material (you know, for what it is) was sorta impressive. The "One Week" nod made me lose my poo poo.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Jack Gladney posted:

Late additions are in the final episode, along with all the weird nicknames and joke ones. Yours might be there.

My favorite joke one is A Cargo Container full of Raccoons.

don't see mine but I only gave ten dollars :shrug:

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
What in the Christ is Cry Wilderness?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

We Know Catheters posted:

What in the Christ is Cry Wilderness?

Pretty sure it's a drug.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I think upthread someone said the Skeleton Krew uniforms may have been inspired by Inframan, but a friend pointed out to me that they may have taken some inspiration from Psychomania (phone is acting up, just Google that or The Death Wheelers to see what I mean).

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jonah loving around as the villain from Starcrash is such beautiful fun.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE BIGFOOT IN THAT MOVIE?! WHAT THE gently caress.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gaz-L posted:

Edit: gently caress, I just realised the band's helmets and Moon 13's logo are meant to mimic the syringes/icepicks/whatever-the-fucks in Kinga's hair.

I took them all as being stylistically based on the Satellite of Love's famous bone shape.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Turtlicious posted:

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE BIGFOOT IN THAT MOVIE?! WHAT THE gently caress.

I'd like to say again that I'm pretty sure it's a drug. Seriously, I feel like I just woke up.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Whoever does the Growler voice in At Earth's Core is the most perfect Jim Henson emulation I've ever heard. Is it Baron Vaughn?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm loving this. I loving died at "Y'all Yeti for this?" in Cry Wilderness.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

HannibalBarca posted:

don't see mine but I only gave ten dollars :shrug:

Did you get a kick starter questionnaire asking how you wanted to be credited? If not, you won't be in there.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
So MST3K my favourite show of all time, mostly because it always cheers me up when things are going lovely. Time Travelers did a pretty good job cheering me up during another horrific Blue Jays loss, so so far I think the show is a success.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bruteman posted:

I think upthread someone said the Skeleton Krew uniforms may have been inspired by Inframan, but a friend pointed out to me that they may have taken some inspiration from Psychomania (phone is acting up, just Google that or The Death Wheelers to see what I mean).

Nah it's Inframan. It's a dead on replication.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Oh yay, a second Ib Melchior joint!

Chexoid posted:

So MST3K my favourite show of all time, mostly because it always cheers me up when things are going lovely.

Seconded. Things have been pretty lovely lately and it's a surprisingly efficient distractor.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

duz posted:

Did you get a kick starter questionnaire asking how you wanted to be credited? If not, you won't be in there.

oh :( dont remember that; must have missed it. ah well.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Nah it's Inframan. It's a dead on replication.

Yup.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chexoid posted:

So MST3K my favourite show of all time, mostly because it always cheers me up when things are going lovely. Time Travelers did a pretty good job cheering me up during another horrific Blue Jays loss, so so far I think the show is a success.

Yeah, it was a fun one.

I just laughed at the highest form of humor during Avalanche, when the guy on screen said "This is the big one" and Crow made a huge fart noise in response.

e: and again, later when a guy says "And then you just let go"

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 15, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The movie where everything, and I mean everything, explodes.

Did Mst3k ever do Inframan? I honestly only know about it from one of the AVGN Monster Madness episodes, as I've never found it anywhere to buy or stream.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's currently on Amazon Prime actually

And sadly no MST3K never touched it.

Hopefully one day though, it and the Giant Claw

I can't believe I get to hope for the future of MST3K

I loving love this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Burkion posted:

I can't believe I get to hope for the future of MST3K

I loving love this

Yeah, I'm sort of glad Netflix doesn't publish their numbers anywhere or I'd be furiously searching to see how well it's doing like every hour. Just getting this season was amazing, but I really want to see Netflix say yes to another season and to say it quickly enough that they have some time to work on it.

The Flanders joke in Avalanche had me laughing loud enough that the bird flew over to see what was so funny that wasn't him.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I am proud to live in a time and place where MST3K Can make a bitcoin joke.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

My favorite Kinga quote so far, from Cry Wilderness: "And it's so much work seaming this season with the old one. I should just reboot it." :haw:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I am proud to live in a time and place where MST3K Can make a bitcoin joke.

Which reminds me, holy hell, I got to hear MST3K poo poo-talk Common Core.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I DETEST STAIRS

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Weird, I for the life of me can't find my name in the credits but I have a super common name and there are so loving many I could very well just be missing it. I absolutely did get the BackerKit survey and all that, and I remember checking the master list and it was there, though the searchable Google Doc isn't complete anymore. :shobon:

Oh, I'm in there. Nevermind!

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 15, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Episode 1 does feel like they're throwing too many jokes out there and the timing is off.

Overall some genuinely funny moments scattered in there that I legit laughed at Pee Wee Kissinger

I'll probably go through 2 more tonight, don't want to burn through it too fast.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

Episode 1 does feel like they're throwing too many jokes out there and the timing is off.

Overall some genuinely funny moments scattered in there that I legit laughed at Pee Wee Kissinger

I'll probably go through 2 more tonight, don't want to burn through it too fast.

Just trust me, I was wary in Episode 1 too, but it picks up steam FAST.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ok. The Mexican fashion show skit actually felt like an MST3k skit.

I thought the same thing. A lot of the host segments feel like they are too rushed, but that one was perfect.

Like for example later in the same episode they did the creepy costume dance, which also started out really strong but then just... stopped. No real resolution or final punchline. Just back to the theater.

Hopefully if/when they get a new season, they'll have more time to write and shoot the episodes, so there isn't this frantic undertone running through the episode.

Unrelated but I love the new Mads and everything going on in Moon 13. Felicia and Patton are great together.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tom Gorman posted:

If you don't have Every Country Has a Monster stuck in your head after episode 1 then it's you, you're the monster in your country

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

If you don't have Every Country Has a Monster stuck in your head after episode 1 then it's you, you're the monster in your country

That was the moment I fell in love all over again. Also hi Chokes! :) I miss seeing your avatar. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

HannibalBarca posted:

Looking at the Kickstarter, the cheapest tier to get your name in the credits was at $85 unless they changed something later on.