Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CapnAndy posted:

God thank you. Amazing Spider-Man 661.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Spidey no :ohdear:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

I can't help but see this as a dig against Steve Ditko; he was.....he sure was.

And I love that we spent 2 weeks with MJ coming up with a plan and getting to Spidet, then another week of Spidey saying "no time to explain" when it comes to the plan, then just 2 days for Spidey to hand Ronan to the Sentry, and the Sentry just puts Ronan down then proceeds with his attack

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's 100% a dig at Ditko. I dunno, maybe once you've frozen out the creator as just some work for hire schlub you shouldn't take potshots but hey-ho.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's 100% a dig at Ditko. I dunno, maybe once you've frozen out the creator as just some work for hire schlub you shouldn't take potshots but hey-ho.

He has refused any money for spider-man. They found him using spider-man artwork as cutting boards

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

enigmahfc posted:

And I love that we spent 2 weeks with MJ coming up with a plan and getting to Spidet, then another week of Spidey saying "no time to explain" when it comes to the plan, then just 2 days for Spidey to hand Ronan to the Sentry, and the Sentry just puts Ronan down then proceeds with his attack

I want a class of school children to be there shouting out criticism to Spidey, asking why he didn't web Ronan to the Sentry's face or hands or something.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
You know what the worst thing is?

Pete's plan did actually work. It let him, and rocket, get close to the sentry to attack it, without getting shot by shroom beams. He used Ronan as a shield and now Rocket is taking the Sentry down....

....guys, I think I may have an untreated concussion because I'm thinking like Lee.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

He has refused any money for spider-man. They found him using spider-man artwork as cutting boards

I remember reading a piece on Ditko a while back that said a tenant next to his art studio got his mail once and she accidentally opened it, and it was a big rear end check from some movie studio. I don't exactly know how much rent is for art studios in NYC but I can't imagine they're cheap. He must be accepting some money from them because I don't believe his fringe work from the 90s is making a lot of bucks.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Not knowing anything about Ditko, how is that a dig at him?

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Ditko's super into objectivism, so that's why the Ayn Rand thing would be a dig on him. That said, that panel is referencing an actual thing that happened in Amazing Spiderman.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
yeah, in the 60's Pete acted like young republican and bitched in his head about peace protesters.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's actually a good thing to make fun of Rand believers. It's a good thing and I'm glad Spider-Man is on the case.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ToxicFrog posted:

Not knowing anything about Ditko, how is that a dig at him?

Ditko was extremely libertarian, and created objectivist characters such as Mister A and The Question.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

And don't forget the Looter!

"It's back to being an obscure Ayn Rand reference for you!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bunnyofdoom posted:

yeah, in the 60's Pete acted like young republican and bitched in his head about peace protesters.

Pete had a really weird internal life during the Ditko years because Steve and Stan had totally different worldviews and Peter's somehow reflected both.

Which I guess isn't that strange for a college kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57vCBMqnC1Y

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 14, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Rocket's gonna control the Sentry like a goddamned marionette, isn't he?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Pete had a really weird internal life during the Ditko years because Steve and Stan had totally different worldviews and Peter's somehow reflected both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57vCBMqnC1Y

Also Jonah is pretty much a villain in early ASM.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Samovar posted:

Rocket's gonna control the Sentry like a goddamned marionette, isn't he?

Weekend at Sentry's

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

notthegoatseguy posted:

Also Jonah is pretty much a villain in early ASM.

Not just pretty much. Dude creates Scorpion and the Spider Slayers.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lurdiak posted:

It honestly adds to the series as a whole, in my opinion, as Pete still has to continue to grow out of being a shithead nerdlinger even after Uncle Ben gets his.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RandallODim posted:

It honestly adds to the series as a whole, in my opinion, as Pete still has to continue to grow out of being a shithead nerdlinger even after Uncle Ben gets his.

Yep. It's not like it's entirely accidental, either, one of the main hooks of early Spidey is if he's going to stay a hero, quit, die on the job, or go bad from the grief life shovels his way. His bitterness is very real, it's just that the objectivism adds to it in a way Ditko probably didn't mean.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no spider man

Rocket just pee in it or something

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh no spider man

The insides are like the Tardis I guess.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

flosofl posted:

The insides are like the Tardis I guess.

Much like it's outsides.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh no spider man

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

oh yes

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rocket is controlling it from the inside after all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo :vince:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hahahaha

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You motherfkr.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I... I don't get it. :saddowns:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Bad Webcomic Dominic Deegan had a rape scene.

It was very bad, because we were also supposed to feel sorry for the rapist, who only did it to save the girl's life, because a bunch of orcs would kill her if he didn't.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Later the girl's friend finds out about this and is angry at the rapist, but it turns out she's only angry because of literal demonic influence.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I... I don't get it. :saddowns:

Dominic Deegan's jazzhands is basically second place to Ctrl-Alt-Del's loss.jpg in the "memes from bad webcomics" category. If you really want context, a search for dominic deegan jazzhands will give you a link to the strip in question even though "jazzhands" never appeared in the comic itself.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:psyduck:
I think I was a little happier not knowing. What the gently caress, Deegan?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Off camera Ronan went back to his home planet

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

it's been a long time since we've had a jazzhands.jpg

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Elfface posted:

Bad Webcomic Dominic Deegan had a rape scene.

It was very bad, because we were also supposed to feel sorry for the rapist, who only did it to save the girl's life, because a bunch of orcs would kill her if he didn't.

I just figured it was a loss edit since Rocket kinda looks like hes already in the pose from the first panel. After reading that I wish I still believed that.

• Locked thread