Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Didn't people also claim The Life of Pablo was going to have a second disc released because of random conspiracy bullshit. That also happened with Radiohead's King of Limbs. That referenced OK Computer/In Rainbows thing isn't an official thing and is basically a fan mash-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
poo poo goes hard but did my man really start on some hebrew israelite poo poo

Modest Mike
Oct 23, 2008

Upon your feet you have ten toes, they look just like...
po-ta-toes!
New Kendrick is pretty dope. xxx, element, and DNA are my favorites at the moment. Definitely isnt quite as conceptual as Good Kid or TPaB but it is decently cohesive. The guy yelling WORLDPREMIER!!! randomly is kind of lame after like 5 listens.

Also Kendrick rapping in a girl voice as a response rap to a dude asking if he can put in just the tip is.. lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Modest Mike posted:

. The guy yelling WORLDPREMIER!!! randomly is kind of lame after like 5 listens.

What

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Modest Mike posted:

The guy yelling WORLDPREMIER!!! randomly is kind of lame after like 5 listens.

Find a better download

Modest Mike
Oct 23, 2008

Upon your feet you have ten toes, they look just like...
po-ta-toes!

Boywhiz88 posted:

Find a better download

i paid for it and DLed it, so unless Amazon is giving out some weird mp3s. i was exaggerating a bit it isn't a major thing but like, at the beginning of Love, and then he yells about Kung Fu kenny a few times throughout the album. It just stands out a little after repeated listens. Being pedantic perhaps.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Modest Mike posted:

i paid for it and DLed it, so unless Amazon is giving out some weird mp3s. i was exaggerating a bit it isn't a major thing but like, at the beginning of Love, and then he yells about Kung Fu kenny a few times throughout the album. It just stands out a little after repeated listens. Being pedantic perhaps.

That poo poo is dope tho

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It definitely adds to a mixtape kind of feel

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

So It Goes posted:

Didn't people also claim The Life of Pablo was going to have a second disc released because of random conspiracy bullshit. That also happened with Radiohead's King of Limbs. That referenced OK Computer/In Rainbows thing isn't an official thing and is basically a fan mash-up.

there was actually a second album w/r/t the life of pablo. havoc confirmed it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

Find a better download

It's Kid Capri and it's on the Spotify version even, is there a version without it?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Poppin in to say that Flockaveli is one of the greatest rap albums ever.

I'm not even a huge waka fan.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Flockaveli is better than anything Kendrick has done and ever will do.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i really, really like the new kendrick.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Marching Powder posted:

i really, really like the new kendrick.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

*spottieottiedopalicious voice*

drat drat drat drat!!!!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

New Kendrick is fun and chill and I really dig on it

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

Wamsutta posted:

New Kendrick is fun and chill and I really dig on it

same

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I want to loving kiss whoever made the album not have any skits

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
My students were hyped as hell this morning about the new K-Dot. After I told them about how there's a theory that it might be part of a two part album they proceeded to spend the rest of class finding all of the evidence that this would be true.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I want to loving kiss whoever made the album not have any skits

I can't believe he managed to put out an entire album without using that ridiculous whiney pretend voice he does too

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

You know it's a good album when every repeated listen gives you a new favourite.

The production on Duckworth is just something else. Feels like it doesn't quite fit on the album in terms of beat but man, what an epic loving track. Honestly, besides maybe GOD (which is a good track, just doesn't stand up to the rest) there is something great about everything on the album.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I dunno if the highs are as highs as some of the stuff on TPAB which I will admit has lows far lower than drat. but I'm loving it.

The production and mixing are immaculate and it's great hearing Kendrick vocals mixed by someone who knows what they're doing (listen to his recent features to hear the difference)'
I can't believe how good a Kendrick U2 collab is.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 15, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ewar Woowar posted:

You know it's a good album when every repeated listen gives you a new favourite.

The production on Duckworth is just something else. Feels like it doesn't quite fit on the album in terms of beat but man, what an epic loving track. Honestly, besides maybe GOD (which is a good track, just doesn't stand up to the rest) there is something great about everything on the album.

duckworth is an amazing track.

gotta give it another few listens but the album sans conceptual gimmicks found in tpab / gkmc makes it way more accessible for me personally.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i mostly skipped over tpab but drat. is entirely my poo poo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah drat. is so good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anytime drat ends and Spotify shuffles to something else, I'm just like "NOPE!" and replay drat all over again.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Yeah drat. is as good as I hoped, maybe better. I'm really surprised at how good the U2 and Rihanna guest spots ended up being.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Anytime drat ends and Spotify shuffles to something else, I'm just like "NOPE!" and replay drat all over again.

same. it'll finish and i'lll throw on a couple of loosies and then just start it again.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I love Duckworth. Prod. by 9th Wonder too. That would explain the loving Hi-Hat which always annoys me when I listen to a 9th Wonder beat. So conflicted.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

GZA Genius posted:

I love Duckworth. Prod. by 9th Wonder too. That would explain the loving Hi-Hat which always annoys me when I listen to a 9th Wonder beat. So conflicted.
I'm finishing up God right now and if I notice this loving high hat I'm gonna be so mad
edit: whew it's fine

album is fantastic

hughesta fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 15, 2017

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

drat is so good i almost hit my friend who called it trash today im just being honest

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

dont yuck my loving yum

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Against my better judgement I'm buying into the 2nd album on Sunday hype. It feels so perfect with the Jesus imagery, dying for our sins, etc.

But drat is good enough on its own and I'll echo that Duckworth and DNA are incredible. I like Humble a lot, too.

Here's old K. Dot being silly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qusLc_17_qE

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slippery Nipple posted:

Against my better judgement I'm buying into the 2nd album on Sunday hype. It feels so perfect with the Jesus imagery, dying for our sins, etc.

But drat is good enough on its own and I'll echo that Duckworth and DNA are incredible. I like Humble a lot, too.

Here's old K. Dot being silly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qusLc_17_qE
One time after drat ended, Spotify shuffled to Hol Up and it made me burst out laughing while driving. I hadn't heard that one in a while and forgot how funny it was.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009

hughesta posted:

I'm finishing up God right now and if I notice this loving high hat I'm gonna be so mad
edit: whew it's fine

album is fantastic

I know 9th toned down the Hi-Hats after getting a lot of grief early on in his career, but it always loving killed me listening to anything Little Brother put out in the beginning because it was so unnecessary to emphasize that hit in every loving song. It made Good Ol' Love on A Long Hot Summer unplayable for me because of that fact which I hate because I love that loving Masta Ace album.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I'm looking for a song that's on Offsets Instagram story right now. It's the first/second video and I've searched all of the lyrics I can hear and can't find poo poo.

"Whole lot of gas and a whole lot of money and a whole lot of nerds, got a whole lotta money count this poo poo like a motherfucking clerk"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

when i hear the last words on duckworth my brain won't leave me alone until he finishes the story, which is back at the start. i'm stuck in an infinite loop.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Best album of the year so far, by a lot. I've been wearing Humble out for weeks and now I don't think it's in my top 5 off of this album.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
New Kung fu Kenny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

double negative posted:

Best album of the year so far, by a lot. I've been wearing Humble out for weeks and now I don't think it's in my top 5 off of this album.

Ransom - Greatest Rapper Alive is better bar for bar.