Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

patonthebach posted:

Weird. Was really hoping for it to be the perfect airplane laptop replacement with some decent Skyrim and such. Did they say if netflix/browser etc, will be released later as an update? Hell, didnt the PSP or the vita have a web browser?

Edit : Will it atleast have a movie player or VLC? So I can put movies on the sd card?

Reggie has said that Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Video "will come in time," but "will come in time" is a pretty vague sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wonderboy seemed neat but I just watched some gameplay and it looks really boring actually :smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Wonderboy seemed neat but I just watched some gameplay and it looks really boring actually :smith:

I notice I usually feel like this with super detailed platformers. Rayman gets old really quickly.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tender Bender posted:

Agreed,

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm about to go play my Switch in a hammock, feels good.

Just spent an hour sitting on the patio, having a few beers and having a few runs of BoI.

Switch is good.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tender Bender posted:

:same:

Which is a shame because the aesthetic is rad, but

Real hurthling! posted:

Im still lol at the guy who thought wonder boy was a nes game

I'm not that dude but this was honestly the vibe that I got from it, a hand-drawn remake of an NES game a la Ducktales. I'll check out a demo if there is one, maybe there's more to it than the videos make it look like there is.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It is a 1:1 remake of a Turbo Grafx game. The funny part was that he said faux 8-bit, because there's nothing faux about it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Only thing faux about it is that it looks good. :boom:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
life is like a hurricane here in, switch thread,

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tatsuta Age posted:

life is like a hurricane here in, switch thread,

No the Switch isn't getting that game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I will get the Wonderboy remake game, but I have strong nostalgia for the original.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've never played and have no nostalgia for them, but they look very pretty and I'm sure my son will enjoy watching me play them.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
As I said I played my copy a ton as a kid, but I don't see a reason to get it again. I'd rather get a game I haven't played to death already.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Gamestop has this bundle up for preorder.
I am interested in everything included, but it doesn't ship until the 28th, and if my math is correct, there is no discount for bundling everything together.

So the question is, do I preorder now at the higher price to get get a switch in two weeks, or wait and see if I can snag one sooner, and get all the stuff later?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If there's no discount for bundling, why bother?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Gamestop is trash and forced bundles are trash. Seriously just hit up Wal-Mart or Best Buy. They will have some in stock.

Jejoma
Nov 5, 2008
I wish somehow there were a way for isis to loving execute this dumb robot from the puyo puyo Tetris demo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wendell posted:

It is a 1:1 remake of a Turbo Grafx game. The funny part was that he said faux 8-bit, because there's nothing faux about it.

I dont recall sega releasing a master system called turbo grafx but the very wise and retro knowledgable nintendo thread to the rescue i guess.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

parallelodad posted:

No the Switch isn't getting that game

Race cars, lasers, aero-planes; fill your, Switch head!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fly with me posted:

Gamestop has this bundle up for preorder.
I am interested in everything included, but it doesn't ship until the 28th, and if my math is correct, there is no discount for bundling everything together.

So the question is, do I preorder now at the higher price to get get a switch in two weeks, or wait and see if I can snag one sooner, and get all the stuff later?

$300 - Switch
$60 - BOTW
$20 - BOTW DLC
$20 - Snipper Clips
$40 - Has Been Heroes
$25 - Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
=$465

You save a whopping $20 in the bundle, but you would dave $29 with Gamers Club Unlocked if you bought all the games individually.

If you want all of those games, then get it.

ktonastya
Aug 23, 2006

I'm afraid I just "blue" myself

Has Been Heroes is only $19.99, not $40, on the eshop, so it really doesn't save any money to go for the bundle.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I just sent a Moblin flying and it lagged the game so hard the music stopped for a second

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chaleski posted:

I just sent a Moblin flying and it lagged the game so hard the music stopped for a second

Are you on the newest update? That happens once in a while and was hoping it would be fixed by now.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are you on the newest update? That happens once in a while and was hoping it would be fixed by now.

Yeah, now that I think about it it seems to be happening slightly more actually

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I'm at the point where I can semi-regularly beat the AI in Tetris on medium handicap. This is a lot harder than GB Tetris.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Bought Jackbox yesterday and played it with some family who were up, was awesome.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah jackbox is a great party game, my friends and i have continually gone back to tee k.o. in particular

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Was thinking of getting Jackbox, but is there any reasons I should get the switch version over PC? I have a media PC in my lounge room.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Mad Katter posted:

Was thinking of getting Jackbox, but is there any reasons I should get the switch version over PC? I have a media PC in my lounge room.

It's easier to bring the Switch places than to bring your PC? You know, for all the rooftop parties. Though I guess if anyone has a laptop you could login on Steam and download it that way?

Basically portability, probably.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mad Katter posted:

If you have it already in a config that suits you? No.

If you're planning on having portable Jackbox? Sure.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Apparently the Lego City Switch port is really good and not that far behind the PS4 one. I always had a soft spot for that lovely Lego Island PC game so maybe it'll scratch that same itch.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

If you have it already in a config that suits you? No.

If you're planning on having portable Jackbox? Sure.

Unless the port works differently you will need to keep the Switch connected to the internet for Jackbox so it's not as portable as it seems.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Did anyone here get Has-Been Heroes? A lot of GameStop plantspeople on Reddit are saying it's actually pretty good, and that it just got shafted in a lot of reviews because a.) pre-tuning patch and b.) they suck/disnt spend enough time learning the game. I keep dwelling over it since Isaac has made me realize I think I love the poo poo out of roguelikes.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

TerraGoetia posted:

I'm at the point where I can semi-regularly beat the AI in Tetris on medium handicap. This is a lot harder than GB Tetris.

I moved on to playing the bottom right characters in a 1v3 match, which I can win about 60% of the time. Still having trouble beating a hard character 1 on 1 with me on Tetris and them on Puyo, though.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Unless the port works differently you will need to keep the Switch connected to the internet for Jackbox so it's not as portable as it seems.

Most Switch users probably have smartphones, and most smartphone users probably have access to the internet that they can tether to their console.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

enojy posted:

Did anyone here get Has-Been Heroes? A lot of GameStop plantspeople on Reddit are saying it's actually pretty good, and that it just got shafted in a lot of reviews because a.) pre-tuning patch and b.) they suck/disnt spend enough time learning the game. I keep dwelling over it since Isaac has made me realize I think I love the poo poo out of roguelikes.

I got it since at the switch launch EB were doing a preorder deal for it for $19aud. I'm terrible at that type of game and haven't beaten the first boss yet but it's pretty fun.

Although ffs can they make the text bigger in docked mode? It's almost impossible for me to read.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

I got it since at the switch launch EB were doing a preorder deal for it for $19aud. I'm terrible at that type of game and haven't beaten the first boss yet but it's pretty fun.

Although ffs can they make the text bigger in docked mode? It's almost impossible for me to read.
Stop being so blind mate

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Stop being so blind mate

To be fair, I did get laser eye surgery a week before getting it :eyepop:

Text is still minuscule, though. Funnily enough it's fine in hand-held mode. Wonder why they made it so.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
The best part about Jackbox 3 is that two of the game hosts are Arnie and Chunt from Hello from the Magic Tavern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Apparently the Lego City Switch port is really good and not that far behind the PS4 one. I always had a soft spot for that lovely Lego Island PC game so maybe it'll scratch that same itch.

Its framerate drops constantly though, and rpboably spends most of the time at 20 fps

• Locked thread