Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pakled posted:

Someone force Ramirez on a one-way trip to Seoul and THEN ask him if it's cool if we bomb North Korea.

what's worse, sending a bomb to a country or sending Ramirez

e:

Angepain fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BonHair posted:

I've been thinking that too. It seems like there's a lot less duck in the void recently, and more story-like narrative. It's still racist and stupid, but with more effort. Maybe an editor has spoken to him?

This is Tinsley. If an editor criticized him, the next three weeks would be him calling the editor a loving Jew pedophile liberal just trying to persecute Republicans.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Who the gently caress is this? Sorry pramieriez, you've got to label your caricatures, you're just not good enough otherwise.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

For Ramirez, that's a decent caricature.

Which means if you submitted it to an art professor they'd probably recommend a different major.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Or nominate you for a Pulitzer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Psa, the dog rule has been dropped.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Discendo Vox posted:

Psa, the dog rule has been dropped.
Good. On the awful app it's not always immediately apparent whether you are posting at the top of a new page or not since it isn't loading previous posts by default anyway.

I mean besides it being a stupid loving reason to be probated.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

I know this is all water under the bridge at this point, but it makes me as angry as always that we can spend $300 million to explode some patch of ground in Afghanistan one time but we can't guarantee everyone healthcare because that would cost money

ok just wanted to make sure this was still a thing we were talking about thanks for reading

By the time they use the bomb, the money spent for purchasing it has long been spent. In other words, you're not saving millions by not using your bomb, you're just not making use of your investment.

HootTheOwl posted:

I thought those were for the guided bombs. Do you really need to guide an almost-nuke?

It's not an almost-nuke by like three orders of magnitude. Explosion equivalent to 11 tons of TNT for the MOAB; 15 kilotons of TNT for Little Boy.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 15, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Trump dropping a bomb in Afghanistan – Up to 36 suspected Islamic State militants were killed in Afghanistan when the US dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used in combat, the Afghan defence ministry said on Friday" After Stanley Kubrick.

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Robert Swain Gifford.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I gotta say I had bad days but never "poo poo-talked by saran wrap" bad

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

By the time they use the bomb, the money spent for purchasing it has long been spent. In other words, you're not saving millions by not using your bomb, you're just not making use of your investment.

man when you put it like this it's almost like we can't afford NOT to spend millions on exploding things in new and exciting ways

(healthcare is also an investment)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Finally a toon that speaks to me.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

man when you put it like this it's almost like we can't afford NOT to spend millions on exploding things in new and exciting ways

(healthcare is also an investment)

Let me put it in another way: the problem is in the decision to buy the bomb in the first place, not in the decision to use it after you bought it.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pakled posted:

Someone force Ramirez on a one-way trip to Seoul and THEN ask him if it's cool if we bomb North Korea.
Let's just send him directly to North Korea, that way things work out no matter what.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

Let me put it in another way: the problem is in the decision to buy the bomb in the first place, not in the decision to use it after you bought it.

Well yeah. I wasn't trying to say we should have spent $300 million making a bomb just to say we could, I was saying it still makes me mad that building really huge bombs is something we consider worthy of investment but the health and well-being of our population is not

(although thinking the single bomb cost $300 million was part of why I was mad when I wrote the original post)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The trump thread deserves this comic

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

HootTheOwl posted:

Ugh, it should be"Make Water gate again!", how do you gently caress that up?

Make Water Gate was the kompromat tape

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/853233675223347200

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cat Mattress posted:

That's right, they're never going to replace that bomb after they use it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Starshark posted:

That's right, they're never going to replace that bomb after they use it.

Bombs aren't replaced unit-by-unit, they're bought in batches. Dropping a MOAB now doesn't mean you're going to buy a replacement immediately. Furthermore, bombs like pretty much everything else have a limited shelf-life. After a while, they're not good for service anymore and have to be scrapped. Scrapping a bomb is expensive because it's a sensitive task (you're talking about explosive stuff after all; you can't just toss it into an industrial shredder).

So basically how it works is that the defense administration (Pentagon for the US) budgets for a number of ammunition and ordnance that are expected to last for X years. If operationally they're used faster than planned, you'll have to buy more sooner than expected, and it'll cost you. But if you don't use them? Then they just sit in storerooms until it's time to scrap them, at which point it would have been cheaper to drop them on some enemies.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cat Mattress posted:

Bombs aren't replaced unit-by-unit, they're bought in batches. Dropping a MOAB now doesn't mean you're going to buy a replacement immediately. Furthermore, bombs like pretty much everything else have a limited shelf-life. After a while, they're not good for service anymore and have to be scrapped. Scrapping a bomb is expensive because it's a sensitive task (you're talking about explosive stuff after all; you can't just toss it into an industrial shredder).

So basically how it works is that the defense administration (Pentagon for the US) budgets for a number of ammunition and ordnance that are expected to last for X years. If operationally they're used faster than planned, you'll have to buy more sooner than expected, and it'll cost you. But if you don't use them? Then they just sit in storerooms until it's time to scrap them, at which point it would have been cheaper to drop them on some enemies.

What's going to spend money faster? Dropping bombs or not dropping bombs? Think-think. Think-think. I got! Not dropping them! I'm so smart, I'm going to treat myself to an extra-large fart huff.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Buying stuff and not using it will always be more expensive than not buying it in the first place.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cat Mattress posted:

Buying stuff and not using it will always be more expensive than not buying it in the first place.

Did you mean to say this because we're talking about buying + not-using vs buying + using, and what you're saying sounds like a conversation you're having with the invisible cat under your bed.

While you're on, look up tritonal disposal and try telling me the process costs $170 000 per bomb. That's assuming they're not recycling it, which is definitely in the works if not being done now.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The gently caress

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

The gently caress

:wtc:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Just imagine going to whatever fundie funhouse church the McCoys go to. I'd rather eat glass.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Hey, somebody posted some pages ago about Ben Garrison losing some of that sweet Patreon cash after his last cartoon that was almost-sort-of-critical of God Emperor Trump, and that he was complaining about it on his blog or whatever. Could somebody link to it/ post screenshots? Consider it a belated birthday gift for me :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pants Donkey posted:

The gently caress

He is risen
I'm shouting TIMBER

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pants Donkey posted:

The gently caress

HAP)PYT EASTER!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

SexyBlindfold posted:

Hey, somebody posted some pages ago about Ben Garrison losing some of that sweet Patreon cash after his last cartoon that was almost-sort-of-critical of God Emperor Trump, and that he was complaining about it on his blog or whatever. Could somebody link to it/ post screenshots? Consider it a belated birthday gift for me :allears:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803673&pagenumber=325&perpage=40#post471326099 Second paragraph.

bonus tweet:
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/850371340842409985

Also if that one Garrison parody you posted last year was from you, you should draw them more often :v:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

The gently caress

It's not that complicated. Jesus rose from the dead, then destroyed the thing that killed him as a symbol of it having no power over him.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

The projection is so obvious it is hard to believe people fall for it. (Un)fortunately I work in IT so I've come to understand the true depth of human stupidity.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Even the height of Obamamania didn't come anywhere close to the cult of personality surrounding Trump.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 15, 2017

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Jurgan posted:

It's not that complicated. Jesus rose from the dead, then destroyed the thing that killed him as a symbol of it having no power over him.

Don't forget how he apparently pulled the nails from his hands, and then stuck them neatly back where his hands were on the cross. Which is a symbol of how Glenn McCoy has no power over the medium of art.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pakled posted:

Isn't he half Japanese? He could very well be fine with wiping out Koreans.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

And on the third toon she had risen.

E: Lol, I quoted the mascot.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You can't wear it around your neck when it's still in the ground!
Alternatively:
McCoy hates recycling.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

duz posted:

Isn't he half Japanese? He could very well be fine with wiping out Koreans.

Tokyo's a pretty likely target for DPRK nukes too :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Jesus destroys Christianity.

• Locked thread