Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
The best way to get charge as Zarya in the payload defense stage is to stand in front of slicers with your shield up. Before that yeah, it's slim pickings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

:perfect:

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

SKULL.GIF posted:

Presuming he means the gate at the end of the payload sector, the one you blow up.

Ya sorry that door. Rein sprinted (charged?) to the door just as we got moving and only 1 little bit spawned.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Too soon, man.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

Doesn't show why they aren't doing their job, though. It's not terribly difficult for Soldier to outheal Lucio if the team is being a bunch of dopes, not sticking together, and trickling into battles. It's just that when the Soldier is tunnelvisioned and tilted, it's easier to see the medal and start blaming everything on the healer instead of noticing how long it's been since he's seen three members of his team in the same place at the same time.

Or maybe the Lucio should have changed to a hero more suited to the way the team was playing?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Haven't played this since months before hacker lady got released, and I suddenly want to play a bit. How's balance changed since then, are some characters still kind of weak (I vaguely remember D.Va being this way) or are things pretty well balanced?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rudager posted:

Or maybe the Lucio should have changed to a hero more suited to the way the team was playing?

You think the Soldier would whine less of the Lucio switched to Hanzo?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Haven't played this since months before hacker lady got released, and I suddenly want to play a bit. How's balance changed since then, are some characters still kind of weak (I vaguely remember D.Va being this way) or are things pretty well balanced?
perfect balance is probably never going to happen, but the game in general and D.Va in particular are in a much better place now

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

We are now in the age of the "multiple comps can work" meta

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I just wanna play the "I wanna shoot and/or heal mans and have a good time" comp :shobon:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Did they make Orisa's shield temporary? I've been playing her in Uprising and it seems to disappear after a while

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nihilarian posted:

Did they make Orisa's shield temporary? I've been playing her in Uprising and it seems to disappear after a while

It's always been temporary.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bumper Stickup posted:

It's always been temporary.
I thought it lasted until it broke or you put down a new one?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nihilarian posted:

Nope. It just lasts a long time.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

I just wanna play the "I wanna shoot and/or heal mans and have a good time" comp :shobon:

Almost all of the characters are good now so yeah

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

20 seconds or so

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I hit the entire attacking team right as the gates opened with an ana grenade that I had moon-shot straight up at T-minus 6 seconds.

Probably just feeds their support ults but the psychological edge is invaluable.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

resistentialism posted:

I hit the entire attacking team right as the gates opened with an ana grenade that I had moon-shot straight up at T-minus 6 seconds.

Probably just feeds their support ults but the psychological edge is invaluable.

:wth: do you just stand at the doorway and then book it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

resistentialism posted:

that is a thing pros try to do to get nanoboost early

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I play on PS4 and recently heard of remapping jump to a shoulder button , mostly for Genji, , but really anyone who might need to jump and shoot around the same time. I did this globally, then tested everyone and did some character remapping to tidy things up, for example it left Roadhog's Hook on X and his recovery on L1, so I switched those as recovery doesn't need aiming.

But after some play I find for a few characters it jut doesn't work. I'm forced to have Ana's sleep dart and one of Zengatta's orbs on X. So I went to remap those particular characters to use X to jump again. But every time I attempt to do this it reverts the change without saying anything. Is there no way around this, or is global mapping always used for jump for some reason.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

I play on PS4 and recently heard of remapping jump to a shoulder button , mostly for Genji, , but really anyone who might need to jump and shoot around the same time. I did this globally, then tested everyone and did some character remapping to tidy things up, for example it left Roadhog's Hook on X and his recovery on L1, so I switched those as recovery doesn't need aiming.

But after some play I find for a few characters it jut doesn't work. I'm forced to have Ana's sleep dart and one of Zengatta's orbs on X. So I went to remap those particular characters to use X to jump again. But every time I attempt to do this it reverts the change without saying anything. Is there no way around this, or is global mapping always used for jump for some reason.
no, you can change jump per character. I have jump on L1 for characters like Genji that use Jump often for whatever reason and then L3 for anyone who doesn't, like Reinhardt. I don't know what went wrong for you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you might have accidentally forgot to swap to a specific hero from the global change settings when you were going through your options

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

you might have accidentally forgot to swap to a specific hero from the global change settings when you were going through your options

Nope, to Ana and Zen. Plus there shouldn't be an issue switching the global since I've already done it to get here.

Did you set global then modify characters? Or do them one at a time?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Having not played since December I'm glad Blizzard did the impossible and finally released a bad skin for mercy.

Although most of the skins in this update are pretty bad as well.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zikan posted:

Having not played since December I'm glad Blizzard did the impossible and finally released a bad skin for mercy.

Although most of the skins in this update are pretty bad as well.

I actually think the skin is pretty nice and I love how her hair looks in it.

The problem is... they already released the best skin for Mercy, the witch skin. So why would I ever use any other skin for her?

I do think almost all the skins are just kind of whatever, which really is fine with me, since I won't have to pick and choose which one I want. The only legendary one I actually want is the orange Torb because it makes him look like a truck stop mechanic or something. Also it's gross. I bought the D.Va intro which is the only thing I needed from this event

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I actually think the skin is pretty nice and I love how her hair looks in it.

The problem is... they already released the best skin for Mercy, the witch skin. So why would I ever use any other skin for her?

I do think almost all the skins are just kind of whatever, which really is fine with me, since I won't have to pick and choose which one I want. The only legendary one I actually want is the orange Torb because it makes him look like a truck stop mechanic or something. Also it's gross. I bought the D.Va intro which is the only thing I needed from this event

Because you didn't start playing until January?

Really want pumpkin Reaper too..

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Why do I play competitive on Saturday? I'm a moron.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ehud posted:

Why do I play competitive on Saturday? I'm a moron.

same

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Something I noticed that's probably obvious, Orange/Trucker Torb is young Torb. He has both arms and eyes and doesn't have a beard, and his rivet gun is marked 02 while the uprising skin's gun is 03 and the default gun is something like 06 or 07. Minor, but I thought it was a neat way show Torb improving upon his equipment and mark the passage of time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bango skank posted:

Something I noticed that's probably obvious, Orange/Trucker Torb is young Torb. He has both arms and eyes and doesn't have a beard, and his rivet gun is marked 02 while the uprising skin's gun is 03 and the default gun is something like 06 or 07. Minor, but I thought it was a neat way show Torb improving upon his equipment and mark the passage of time.

So Trucker Torb lost his eye and arm right before the Uprising. No wonder he despises Omnics.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wish people wouldn't jostle me on vantage points when I'm trying to sharpshoot at a distance.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SKULL.GIF posted:

So Trucker Torb lost his eye and arm right before the Uprising. No wonder he despises Omnics.

Turns out in an ironic twist that both injuries were self-inflicted during the prototype testing phase of the Exploding Payload Mk.1

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
He lost his hand in a bet and the mark 1 claw was a hook so he lost his eye the same day.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The legendary Torb skin is obviously just a Terran SCV.

Seems to be something weird going on with the Blizzard servers. I just got placed in a 12-hour queue when trying to start the launcher.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I started playing during year of the chicken and I think I got a good number of the skins without buying boxes, are probabilities skewed toward them? At the same time after maybe 10 Uprising boxes I've not had an event skin yet. Right now I'm thinking I'll need to buy boxes if I want some of them at the end.

I'm about to get level 100 though, do I get quicker levels when I'm level 1 * before they become 20k xp again?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm about to get level 100 though, do I get quicker levels when I'm level 1 * before they become 20k xp again?

This used to be the case but not anymore

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pesterchum posted:

He lost his hand in a bet and the mark 1 claw was a hook so he lost his eye the same day.

It's an old joke, but I laughed :allears:.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So is the game down for everyone or just the east coast?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Working fine in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

I started playing during year of the chicken and I think I got a good number of the skins without buying boxes, are probabilities skewed toward them? At the same time after maybe 10 Uprising boxes I've not had an event skin yet. Right now I'm thinking I'll need to buy boxes if I want some of them at the end.

Every event crate is guaranteed to contain at least one event item, but I don't think there's any skew toward skins.

Your first 21 or so levels are quicker than after, but prestiging doesn't reset it - levels all take the same time here on out. It used to reset but that led to people not playing the game in the run-up to events so they could get the loot box windfall when event specials were up.