Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Cook visited the Bucs today and all the local beat writers suggest they'd take him at 19 but they also doubt he'd be available there so who knows.

I said no god dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Joe Mixon isn't even that good

I was watching draft analysis on the NFL network and they were calling him one of the best between the tackles guy in the draft. Mixon took almost every snap this year out of shotgun this year.

I'd still rather have him over Amara though.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I looked it up, apparently 2016 is looking catastrophically bad. They might be good numbers guys but know gently caress-all about evaluating talent.

It's hard to judge their competency when we had 11 rookies (10 after Scooby was cut for O-line depth) on the roster while blatantly tanking hard as possible. Kessler might be ok but with both guards injured most of the season and our center the most garbage trash center in the league it's hard to say if he's at least a backup. I'm cautiously optimistic that Hue and Greg Williams can run a solid team if the front office can get a hit now and then. That's a massive if though.

The factory of sadness requires hope. :smithicide:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Cook is anywhere near Miami in the second I'd trade up immediately and laugh my rear end off

Especially if Fournette goes top 5

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I looked it up, apparently 2016 is looking catastrophically bad. They might be good numbers guys but know gently caress-all about evaluating talent.

Lol this is not true at all

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

If Cook is anywhere near Miami in the second I'd trade up immediately and laugh my rear end off

Especially if Fournette goes top 5

no! we have running backs already, friend

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/Ry_Bass/status/852545451073077248

doofus

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

It's important to remember we are smack in the middle of draft bullshit season. Every team is employing their professional liars to lie their asses off in order to muddy the waters before draft day. Fiz actually raised a good point earlier, Panthers are for sure going to draft any prospect who's been connected to them that has a plummeting stock narrative going on.

That said, I too would like Dalvin Cook in the 2nd please.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
This claims to be based on discussions with an NFC scout http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702751-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-scouts-take-on-latest-nfl-draft-buzz

He says: no QBs in this draft have a 1st round grade but teams will be desperate (and someone will make an offer for Jimmy G the Pats can't refuse). 49ers want to trade down. Jags love Fournette. McCaffrey or Mixon to the Colts at #15. Lions want T.J. Watt at #21.

quote:

25. Texans: They need a quarterback. Watch for Tony Romo here, too. There's better than a 60 or 70 percent chance Romo ends up playing for them at some point this coming season. That story is far from dead.

I think Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer and Webb could all go first round
https://twitter.com/CalFootball/status/845438414572797952

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Fiz actually raised a good point earlier, Panthers are for sure going to draft any prospect who's been connected to them that has a plummeting stock narrative going on.

So Carolina's taking Cook and his two bad shoulders dropping him to the second? I can live with that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ragle posted:

I think Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer and Webb could all go first round
https://twitter.com/CalFootball/status/845438414572797952

I wanna know who tells these poor guys these things.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

no! we have running backs already, friend

Yeah but my god Cook is phenomenal

I did forget about Drake so you're right dang

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If the panthers get cook in the second I will literally eat poo poo :toxx:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I call Albert Breer every day and claim I work for the Titans and poo poo talk random draft prospects.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

I call Albert Breer every day and claim I work for the Titans and poo poo talk random draft prospects.

So who we drafting kalli

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

uhhhhhhhhm, Marshon Lattimore.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's a lot of smoke gathering that if fournette is gone, carolina is gonna draft mcaffery

why

why god why

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The only way I see the Titans loving up is drafting Jamal Adams or that one tight end that scouts are really high up on.

Lattimore or Humphries or Mike Williams all seem fine to me.

Thank God they don't need a quarterback this year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

There's a lot of smoke gathering that if fournette is gone, carolina is gonna draft mcaffery

why

why god why

He's a scrappy, lunch pail, blue collar high motor guy.

:heritage:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

He's a scrappy, lunch pail, blue collar high motor guy.

:heritage:

He benches less than ross and would thrive in a system cam can't run.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

He benches less than ross and would thrive in a system cam can't run.

That's the serious problem with Carolina taking him, yes.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'm convinced that the Jonathan Allen shoulder rumor was Gettleman's doing and that he's their real number 1 target. That's the only way any of this makes sense. The Panthers value measurables far too much to go with McCaffery, especially with backs like Samaje and Kamara and Pumphery and Conner available in the later rounds. Same with the rumors that Jamal Adams is just a guy and nothing special.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 13, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm convinced that the Jonathan Allen shoulder rumor was Gettleman's doing and that he's their real number 1 target. That's the only way any of this makes sense. The Panthers value measurables far too much to go with McCaffery, especially with backs like Samaje and Kamara and Pumphery and Conner available in the later rounds. Same with the rumors that Jamal Adams is just a guy and nothing special.

What's Allen's GFP (Get Fat Potential) though

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

zimbomonkey posted:

backs like Samaje and Kamara and Pumphery and Conner available in the later rounds. Same with the rumors that Jamal Adams is just a guy and nothing special.

Kamara's getting talked up into the second round in a lot of places I think. I really want to like Pumphrey but he's just so damned tiny I can't imagine him doing a whole lot in the NFL.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
List of invites:

No real surprises here except Dalvin Cook not getting an invite and Chidobe Awuzie getting one. Tested pretty great but will have problems sticking to #1s, more of a slot guy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Corn Elder snubbed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Myles Garett is going to church that night where he and the congregation will pray that he not go to the Browns.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Myles Garett is going to church that night where he and the congregation will pray that he not go to the Browns.

*monkey paw curls*

"Heya, Myles! It's Jed York. We're taking you #2"

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think that isn't the list of invites. But rather the confirmed names in attendance.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Top receiver in this class is really hard to judge. For me, it's definetly between Williams and Davis but I'm not sure how you compare the two. Williams reminds me a of Alshon Jeffery with weaker hands but an insane eye for the football. He is constantly aware of where the ball will be and how best to position himself, regardless of how a corner is playing him. That's going to translate into a lot of impressive catches but it's also going to create so many pass interference calls. Williams in the right scheme will top best years' Torrey Smith for yards gained via PI. One other qualm with Williams is that he shares that weird balance issue that Keenan Allen has. i'm not if that even effects his game outside of the occasional lost YAC but he really looks gangly out there.

Davis has some focus drops but otherwise looks perfect. Frankly he looks like a Terrell Owens clone. Beautiful route running, physical after the catch, with the length and strength to make contested catches routinely. The concern here is competition level. Yeah, he had that man against boys vibe at Western Michigan but I have no clue if he would of looked any where near as good against the Alabama's of the world. It doesn't help matters that injury has kept him from participating in the combine or a pro day so we don't even have great raw numbers to compare him to legit NFL competition.

All told I'd go Mike Williams and feel a fool after he succumbs to the Mike Williams WR curse.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
If Panthers draft McCaffrey I will accept it, but gently caress if I am not concerned about whether we are the literal worst possible fit for him offensively. I think JStew is done and that makes the McCaffrey pick hard to believe. If we took him, we would need a guy who could give us 150 carries and 600 yards. JStew has maybe one of those seasons left in him.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I really want the Browns to trade with the Titans so we can drop back to 12, still get a good player and get a second round pick and maybe something for 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That NC QB has "late rising draft bust" written up and down.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I really want the Browns to trade with the Titans so we can drop back to 12, still get a good player and get a second round pick and maybe something for 2018

5 for 12, 52, and our lowest 2018 2nd? Would you do it? Probably a little much but I would.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Michael Corleone posted:

5 for 12, 52, and our lowest 2018 2nd? Would you do it? Probably a little much but I would.

I'd be totally okay with that deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans tried to trade both their first round picks.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Doltos posted:

I think people are generally afraid of his shoulder injuries. If they're legitimately thinking of dropping Cook just because of his combine performance then I've lost complete faith in NFL decision makers.

Why would you have faith in NFL decision makers to begin with?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Michael Corleone posted:

What do we want at 5?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Flikken posted:

What do we want at 5?

If the FO's favored QB is still available at 5 I could see it happening.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
At 5 I would want Adams/Hooker or Thomas if he is still there. But, in reality it would be for Mitch, I am growing on not waiting another year for a QB class that isn't promised to be any better than this one or last years. Let's get this show on the road, could make the playoffs in 3 years if we score a FQB this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Michael Corleone posted:

At 5 I would want Adams/Hooker or Thomas if he is still there. But, in reality it would be for Mitch, I am growing on not waiting another year for a QB class that isn't promised to be any better than this one or last years. Let's get this show on the road, could make the playoffs in 3 years if we score a FQB this year.

You could just get him at 12 and not trade away draft picks.

• Locked thread