Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
The Dark Id mentions in his LP that the only permanently missable thing in this game is the final joke ending. What route is that on so I know to look for it before completion? I don't want to miss anything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

BlackFrost posted:

The Dark Id mentions in his LP that the only permanently missable thing in this game is the final joke ending. What route is that on so I know to look for it before completion? I don't want to miss anything!

It's available on any route and the sidequest it can be gotten in appears as soon as you have all weapons on level 4.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Nina posted:

It's available on any route and the sidequest it can be gotten in appears as soon as you have all weapons on level 4.

That will... take some time. But good to know. Thank you!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just buy the achievement from the secret shop.

I did, I guess I didn't make that clear. I still wanna see all the joke endings though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BlackFrost posted:

a 10 second timer will show up. let it expire.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

And then following it up with 9S having the exact same issue and you having just enough time to say "oh, gently caress" and your pod is like "just hack yourself back into working condition, dumbass"

The worst thing about that is if 2B hadn't knocked 9S out of the mecha fight to keep him from getting infected, they would have been together while they got infected and he could have just hacked and cured her right away. But she was acting in his best interests with the information she had available at the time.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Cephas posted:

The worst thing about that is if 2B hadn't knocked 9S out of the mecha fight to keep him from getting infected, they would have been together while they got infected and he could have just hacked and cured her right away. But she was acting in his best interests with the information she had available at the time.

Eh, the infection-cure hack doesn't hold up anyways. Always seemed like a bit of a hack job, if you ask me.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

And then following it up with 9S having the exact same issue and you having just enough time to say "oh, gently caress" and your pod is like "just hack yourself back into working condition, dumbass"

9S was definitely still infected at the end though, so maybe he just reduced the physical effects of it.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress the speed star quest! gently caress it! gently caress it to hell!

I feel i'm so close, I've got 54/60 of the quests completed but 4 of them don't show up anywhere on the map and i don't know what to do to get them to trigger. I 'm worried i'm going to have to start going through guides which is a shame because I've enjoyed discovering the quests on my own.

the weapons can gently caress off though. that one in the flooded city was a bitch to get

e:

grancheater posted:

Eh, the infection-cure hack doesn't hold up anyways. Always seemed like a bit of a hack job, if you ask me.

I see what you did there.

OmanyteJackson fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 15, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

OmanyteJackson posted:

I feel i'm so close, I've got 54/60 of the quests completed but 4 of them don't show up anywhere on the map and i don't know what to do to get them to trigger. I 'm worried i'm going to have to start going through guides which is a shame because I've enjoyed discovering the quests on my own.

the weapons can gently caress off though. that one in the flooded city was a bitch to get

One quest is only available at the Bunker between reaching the camp at the very start and going to the desert for the first time so it's v high chance one of them is that

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

OmanyteJackson posted:

What, can't handle the intense racing action?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Completing Speed Star gets you the best reward in the game, and I'm not talking about the money or materials.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nina posted:

One quest is only available at the Bunker between reaching the camp at the very start and going to the desert for the first time so it's v high chance one of them is that

Weirdly enough, I got that one in my initial play-through. I'm missing one of 2B's quests between chapter 6 and 9 and i have no idea what it is

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

OmanyteJackson posted:

Weirdly enough, I got that one in my initial play-through. I'm missing one of 2B's quests between chapter 6 and 9 and i have no idea what it is

You'll either want to check in with Jackass near the desert or wait for 6O to send you a message about one of the access points going dark.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Obligatum VII posted:

What, can't handle the intense racing action?
I was watching someone do Speed Star 3 and after about a half hour of trying they managed to break the quest and get 2B moving while the machine was still giving instructions/counting down. I think they sat at the finish line laughing for a good 10 seconds while the machine slowly made its way there. And then tears of laughter were shed when both machines blew up.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

HGH posted:

I was watching someone do Speed Star 3 and after about a half hour of trying they managed to break the quest and get 2B moving while the machine was still giving instructions/counting down. I think they sat at the finish line laughing for a good 10 seconds while the machine slowly made its way there. And then tears of laughter were shed when both machines blew up.

The second race actually gave me the most trouble because it requires very precise jump timing (provided you're not cheating with the slow pod program or something) to avoid losing momentum. Doesn't help that I didn't know about the pod long jump technique. The third race is actually easy once you understand the appropriate route to take.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

When were they going to reveal what the deal was with the apologetic robots again?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I seriously never had any trouble with Speed Star 2 even without totally topping up on Speed and Evasion Distance chips and I don't know why.

It was the third race where I went "yeah this isn't happening" and didn't come back until I got a decent Overclock chip.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

When were they going to reveal what the deal was with the apologetic robots again?

in 41 hours according to the youtube stream reminder

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm sorry Emil i didn't think there'd be consequences from stealing legitimately salvaging items from your house.

[a foolish android][learned a valuable lesson][deep underground]

Some things i've learned on my second playthrough besides that:
1) There's white boars and moose whose hides and skins sell for a lot more
2) Chips can go higher than +6, even if that's probably overkill on Normal.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Obligatum VII posted:

The second race actually gave me the most trouble because it requires very precise jump timing (provided you're not cheating with the slow pod program or something) to avoid losing momentum. Doesn't help that I didn't know about the pod long jump technique. The third race is actually easy once you understand the appropriate route to take.

Honestly I think Speed Star 2 suffers from 2B's excessively generous ledge grabbing. You have to figure out how to consistently jump at your peak so you don't end up wasting time hoisting yourself up a ledge.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blattdorf posted:

That 2B flat-face in the Monster Hunter event...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Entirely accurate.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I wonder if showing up in monster hunter as armor means there might be a MH boss behind one of the apologetic robots

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

a kitten posted:

I'm sorry Emil i didn't think there'd be consequences from stealing legitimately salvaging items from your house.

[a foolish android][learned a valuable lesson][deep underground]

Some things i've learned on my second playthrough besides that:
1) There's white boars and moose whose hides and skins sell for a lot more
2) Chips can go higher than +6, even if that's probably overkill on Normal.

The room full of corpses in front of his house didn't tip you off?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

The room full of corpses in front of his house didn't tip you off?

One would have thought.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The first time I discovered where Emil lives I was playing offline, so that room was just empty.

After learning about it, I went back there to farm bodies for the achievement because I'm shameless.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lessail posted:

I wonder if showing up in monster hunter as armor means there might be a MH boss behind one of the apologetic robots

Let's hope so, that stuff was hilarious and awesome in Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I miss playing as 2B. I can't get the hang of 9S and his hacking gimmick while fun doesn't feel quite as satisfactory as comboing a presumably innocent robot into pieces
Also why haven't I found any combat bracers? Am in Desert in my second playthrough

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

code:
\:I

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Calaveron posted:

Also why haven't I found any combat bracers? Am in Desert in my second playthrough

I'm pretty sure you can start finding them by now. I got my first one from the locked chest in the resistance base.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Calaveron posted:

In addition to what Caphi said, there's a set in the Forest you can get as early as the first playthrough too. But in any case, i'm nearing the end of route B and i have a pile of the drat things without even trying to find them on purpose.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a kitten posted:

In addition to what Caphi said, there's a set in the Forest you can get as early as the first playthrough too. But in any case, i'm nearing the end of route B and i have a pile of the drat things without even trying to find them on purpose.

There's bracers in the Forest? Where?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I went back to the amusement park. Romeos and Juliets had me in tears. Please tell me you can go back and watch more Shakespearean deathmatches.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

There's bracers in the Forest? Where?

I'll never be able to describe it, so here's a video i found.

e: the video looks like he's backtracking after having got them previously since they don't show him actually getting them, just the little altar thing they're sitting on.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

This game's DLC is just going to be a pack of ten more classic plays re-interpreted by robots.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Death of a Weapons Salesman.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
They weren't that far away from how Romeo and Juliet went.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
King Gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bad Seafood posted:

This game's DLC is just going to be a pack of ten more classic plays re-interpreted by robots.

Or just go full circle and have the bots reenact drakengard through ending E