Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Idk if we're doing the playoff prediction game this year but my picks are:

Gs in 4
Clips in 5
Okc in 6
SA in 6

Boston in 6
Wash in 6
Mil in 7
Cavs in 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone/status/853066576739921920
seriously

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

As I rush to the trade machine to do fantasy trades I learn that Hollinger Analysis doesn't like Porzingis as much as one would think it would.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm Del Harris IRL and I can vouch for that story

That would explain so much.

Rick fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 15, 2017

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Metapod posted:

Mil in 7

So you've revealed your true nature!!!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Condolences Knicks fans on your dumb bad club

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my god, both porzingis and phil have two more years on their contracts. he is really going to let zing walk as an rfa isn't he?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahaha I love you Rick. Don't let this rim rollin' hot dog anywhere NEAR my team

Rick made the carpet store chop his rug into 3x3 squares so they could be laid flat. He doesn't tolerate ANYTHING that rolls

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://nbabracketology.com/group/view/10430 I made a playoffs bracket picking group for everyone, lurkers feel free to join in. Password is "SA"

Posting a playoffs picking thread to accompany the website, but this way no one has to score by hand

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817164&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post471381741

LET THE PLAYOFF POSTERS OVERFLOW

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 15, 2017

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Somebody give me a good new thread title for the playoffs.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hand Knit posted:

NBA PLAYOFFS 2017: KEVIN DURANT, TUPAC, AND YOU

here's a gif for the playoffs thread as well

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I fully support whatever gets Melo off the Knicks as quick as possible. He sucks

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Hand Knit posted:

NBA Playoffs; MOAT, Mother of all threads!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
does anyone know how to spell The LeBronening

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

my god, both porzingis and phil have two more years on their contracts. he is really going to let zing walk as an rfa isn't he?
He'll get fired before that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wrong thread Russ for MVP k bye

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

EvanTH posted:

I think you got it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Rick made the carpet store chop his rug into 3x3 squares so they could be laid flat. He doesn't tolerate ANYTHING that rolls

Hahaha

EvanTH posted:

Chrysler LeBron

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Someone mentioned Phil calling three pointers "cheap points" but the entire quote is even more incredible

Phil Jackson RE: Porzingis posted:

“I thought he took shots that were good shots,’’ Jackson said. “He had a game he didn’t take a 3, which I told him, that was important. If it’s not there, you don’t have to take a 3. That’s sometimes just a cheap way to score points or you get anxious to score points. He had a shorter delivery on his shot. He learned some post-up things that were good. I think that there were some things that were really positive about KP’s year.”

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Phil is a good example for not letting your children listen to lovely music like the Grateful Dead lest it warp your mind.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Phil Jackson not being able to let go of the loving "3 pointers are actually bad" thing and casually bringing it up in his analysis of KP is so petty and heartwarming.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Phil Jackson RE: Porzingis posted:

He had a shorter delivery on his shot. He learned some post-up things that were good. I think that there were some things that were really positive about KP’s year.”

Post up offense is definitely where the future of the league is headed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If it was a different person, I would say they're referring to learning to post-up in a mismatch which is still an important skill.

But this is Phil Jackson, a guy that requires lessons for an offensive system??

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BullsBlogger/status/853269685177077760

Bulls in 5

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Phil Jackson's take on the three should be the final arbiter in the "Popovich or Jackson" debate.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman/status/853244207519191040

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Keep getting them checks Rose. Also maybe pick up a dictionary.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dexo posted:

Keep getting them checks Rose. Also maybe pick up a dictionary.

DRose, DNP: Cut hand on dictionary page.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Phil is a good example for not letting your children listen to lovely music like the Grateful Dead lest it warp your mind.

I also find this aspect of the Pop vs Phil argument funny, because Phil is like the embodiment of the Grateful Dead hippy who turned into the bitter racist aging baby boomer (basically all of Marin County) compared to Pop who is genuinely woke.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Papercut posted:

Phil Jackson's take on the three should be the final arbiter in the "Popovich or Jackson" debate.

Pop also poo poo-talks the three, which is so weird. Knicks were 21st in the league in 3PAs this year and Spurs were 26th.

Plus, the Knicks took 300 more threes this year as compared to last. They're changing along with the league and it looks like the Knicks will be back up to their D'antoni-era levels of 3PAs in a few seasons. So it's not like these old men complaining are even following through on their complaints? I have no idea what to think of it all.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

EvanTH posted:

Pop also poo poo-talks the three, which is so weird. Knicks were 21st in the league in 3PAs this year and Spurs were 26th.

Plus, the Knicks took 300 more threes this year as compared to last. They're changing along with the league and it looks like the Knicks will be back up to their D'antoni-era levels of 3PAs in a few seasons. So it's not like these old men complaining are even following through on their complaints? I have no idea what to think of it all.

Pop always talks about how he hates the 3, but I think pace-adjusted the Spurs usually are average or above average in 3PA? Except the last couple years which I assume has to do with personnel.

Exploding Computer
Oct 6, 2006
Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

Pop always talks about how he hates the 3, but I think pace-adjusted the Spurs usually are average or above average in 3PA? Except the last couple years which I assume has to do with personnel.

I think Pop's view is that taking lots of 3's is boring and one-dimensional from an aesthetic perspective, but he recognizes that it's a requirement to be competitive in the modern NBA.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

DRose, DNP: Cut hand on dictionary page.

lol

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Dejan Bimble posted:

http://nbabracketology.com/group/view/10430 I made a playoffs bracket picking group for everyone, lurkers feel free to join in. Password is "SA"

Posting a playoffs picking thread to accompany the website, but this way no one has to score by hand

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817164&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post471381741

LET THE PLAYOFF POSTERS OVERFLOW

Quoting this so more people participate. It's fun & easy!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pop's irritation with the three is that it was a weird gimmick to draw more viewers that somehow stuck around. There's not other sport to my knowledge that earns you more points because you scored from further away.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Go Bucks

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Put Phil Jackson in a nursing home, or a shack where peyote is readily available

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Even with John in great form, I don't think they are going to persevere here. The Bucks simply do not have the depth right now imo, and they also lack a dependable center. Moreover, how Middleton performs is going to be critical.

In any case, I really enjoy watching the Freak. NBA released a mix-tape yesterday about him, some great highlights inside (pretty bad music tho).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kqJyuHgLMY

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Papercut posted:

Yah, exactly. I was posting about Spurs 2014 finals being the greatest offense of all-time a few pages ago, and that team was all about taking advantage of the corner three. They shot .397 from three (league best). These old men are resisting in word and promoting it in deed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Papercut posted:

Yeah, you're right, Phil Jackson was smart enough to decide first to use it even if he didn't like it which is why he won all the playoff series against Pop that didn't include Kobe Bryant having a major injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Pop's irritation with the three is that it was a weird gimmick to draw more viewers that somehow stuck around. There's not other sport to my knowledge that earns you more points because you scored from further away.

2 point conversion isn't further away, but is a more difficult option that gives more points

• Locked thread