Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

monster factory: legends

I finally watched the mbmbam television show on seeso and holy poo poo that teen episode

i went to look for it and couldnt find it anywhere, so then i started the free trial thru amazon prime so thanks for that i guess... gotta remember to cancel that in 6 days.

Griffin is the best brother btw, Clown box mad me wanna go watch are you afraid of the dark

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2custy_02-are-you-afraid-of-the-dark-the-tale-of-the-laughing-in-the-dark_tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

i went to look for it and couldnt find it anywhere, so then i started the free trial thru amazon prime so thanks for that i guess... gotta remember to cancel that in 6 days.

Griffin is the best brother btw, Clown box mad me wanna go watch are you afraid of the dark

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2custy_02-are-you-afraid-of-the-dark-the-tale-of-the-laughing-in-the-dark_tv

amazon prime is good though

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

my goth gf posted:

amazon prime is good though

i prefer amazon prime 2: echoes

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this was a loving expiereince unwind

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

do the girls know you're there

lol they so don't

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

every time i'm in a girl's shower i read the labels on the products

MANGO COCONUT INFUSED SUGAR SCRUB
LEMONGRASS AND FRESH BASIL HAND SOAP
COCOA BUTTER WITH ALMOND EXTRACT

and i am like

drat, i want to eat this

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV2zMkVW608

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

:yossame:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

FRIDAY NIIIIIIIGHT

all they need is a pizza...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 15, 2017

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Roosevelt posted:

holy poo poo

what do you mean?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Hogge Wild posted:

what do you mean?

Tintin kills a monkey and wears its skin as a "disguise." then he climbs a tree to go chase after another monkey, presumably to trick him into thinking he's a friend. as if the monkey isn't immediately going to say "jesus christ there's a crazy person wearing a dead corpse coming after me!" and run away faster. he even wears his safari hat on the dead monkey's head. if that doesn't make you go "holy poo poo" then i don't know what will.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's an extraordinarily offensive publication these days, which is kind of what you'd expect for something published in belgium in the 1930s (remember that belgium invaded and colonized the congo)

quote:

Hergé depicted the Congolese as "good at heart but backwards and lazy, in need of European mastery." ... who "look like monkeys and talk like imbeciles."

Conservative Party politician Ann Widdecombe ... remarked that the organisation had more important things to do than regulate the availability of historical children's books. [ed. note: when conservatives say not to be concerned about something, it is generally extremely important to be concerned]

Casterman, the book's publisher, argued that the cartoonist's depiction of the Congolese "wasn't racism but kind paternalism".

Harry Thompson argued that one must view Tintin in the Congo in the context of European society in the 1930s and 1940s, and that Hergé had not written the book to be "deliberately racist". He argued that it reflected the average Belgian view of Congolese people at the time, one that was more "patronising" than malevolent.

this is what they're talking about :

(the king of the congolese has just broken his "artillery", a child's wooden wagon carrying a toy cannon)

furthermore:

quote:

over the course of the Adventure, Tintin shoots several antelope, kills an ape to wear its skin, rams a rifle vertically into a crocodile's open mouth, injures an elephant for ivory, stones a buffalo, and (in earlier editions) drills a hole into a rhinoceros before planting dynamite in its body, blowing it up from the inside.[

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Video Nasty posted:

FRIDAY NIIIIIIIGHT

I came home to my dog in the roof like this once.

Glad he was too scared to jump down

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

it's an extraordinarily offensive publication these days, which is kind of what you'd expect for something published in belgium in the 1930s (remember that belgium invaded and colonized the congo)

(the king of the congolese has just broken his "artillery", a child's wooden wagon carrying a toy cannon)

furthermore:

at least its not loving anime

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

no ring(s), voted 1

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dislike button posted:

at least its not loving anime

well yeah, i mean, anime is still doing that kind of poo poo today.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ADINSX posted:

no ring(s), voted 1

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Roosevelt posted:

Tintin kills a monkey and wears its skin as a "disguise." then he climbs a tree to go chase after another monkey, presumably to trick him into thinking he's a friend. as if the monkey isn't immediately going to say "jesus christ there's a crazy person wearing a dead corpse coming after me!" and run away faster. he even wears his safari hat on the dead monkey's head. if that doesn't make you go "holy poo poo" then i don't know what will.

does this make you go :piss::

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

furthermore:

that's not the 30s version

the 30s version is even worse

BlockChainNetflix
Sep 2, 2011

ADINSX posted:

no ring(s), voted 1

You're on the wrong tram if you want to get to Goatstown.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNiuassKZvA

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/TW0vs1r.mp4

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

KoRMaK posted:

this was a loving expiereince unwind

Boss Baby is, without exaggeration, the most psychotic movie experience I've ever had.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

madeupfred posted:

Boss Baby is, without exaggeration, the most psychotic movie experience I've ever had.

i kind of want to watch Foodfight! sometime just for the experience

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Nice!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

elastomania 2 looking hot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

vOv posted:

i kind of want to watch Foodfight! sometime just for the experience

i watched it when it first leaked and it's probably one of the worst things i've ever seen committed to film

granted, the plot summary of boss baby makes it sound like some sort of awful fever dream

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

i watched it when it first leaked and it's probably one of the worst things i've ever seen committed to film

granted, the plot summary of boss baby makes it sound like some sort of awful fever dream

Food Fight! is just Casablanca but with shoddy animation and overt corporate tie ins. Boss Baby fools you into thinking it's a movie about a talking baby but in reality it's some insane meta-narrative about corporatism and age discrimination, rife with really overt and disgusting sexualization of infants.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you watch the trailers for Boss Baby, you get the impression that it's like a Toy Story or a Kid's Next Door episode or something along those lines, that it's a movie where all babies are hyper intelligent, parents are too stupid to notice and it's up to the main character to unveil this mass conspiracy. The reality of Boss Baby's universe is much more insane. In Boss Baby, babies are created in a vast, heavenly manufactury. After assembly, the babies are "tickled"; those who laugh get sent to Earth, and those that do not are put in tiny business suits and are sent to live in the baby utopia. In this utopia, babies are sent to work at Baby Corp, a multinational corporation that operates from heaven to make sure that humans on earth find babies cute. Baby Corp babies are able to get married, own houses and so on.

Seems fairly straight forward, right? Here's where it gets insane: the babies in the baby utopia are the same as the babies on Earth, meaning they age in the same way as regular humans do. To ensure that all the employees of Baby Corp remain babies forever, Baby Corp manufactures a magical anti-aging formula that also makes its drinkers hyper-intelligent. Alec Baldwin's character, along with every single loving baby in the movie Boss Baby is a fully mentally matured adult that takes the form of a baby so as to not be fired from Baby Corp. This isn't just speculation from me reading too much into a couple weird plot threads, no sir, the magical baby formula and Baby Corp's draconian employment policies are central to the plot of the movie. Boss Baby is sent to Earth by Baby Corp to take down Puppy Corp. As you've seen from the trailers ( I highly recommend you watch the trailers to Boss Baby before you watch the movie,) there simply isn't enough love to go around, and Puppy Corp has worked to make puppies more loved than babies. Once Boss Baby figures out how to take down Puppy Corp and babies rightfully reclaim the title of #1 cutest thing on Earth, he'll be allowed back to Baby Utopia and hailed as a hero alongside the likes of Super Boss Baby, Mega Super Big Boss Baby, etc. Heck, if he's successful, Baby Corp. will even give Boss Baby the coveted Corner Office (with its own potty).

All of this is revealed to the main character, an average-rear end seven year old, after Boss Baby drugs him with a magical pacifier that allows them to astrally project onto the Baby Utopia.

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 15, 2017

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

um, well, that's uh...interesting.

just one question though

why in the gently caress did you watch boss baby

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stop saying every piece of art is about Trump. Only Boss Baby is about Trump.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

madeupfred posted:

If you watch the trailers for Boss Baby, you get the impression that it's like a Toy Story or a Kid's Next Door episode or something along those lines, that it's a movie where all babies are hyper intelligent, parents are too stupid to notice and it's up to the main character to unveil this mass conspiracy. The reality of Boss Baby's universe is much more insane. In Boss Baby, babies are created in a vast, heavenly manufactury. After assembly, the babies are "tickled"; those who laugh get sent to Earth, and those that do not are put in tiny business suits and are sent to live in the baby utopia. In this utopia, babies are sent to work at Baby Corp, a multinational corporation that operates from heaven to make sure that humans on earth find babies cute. Baby Corp babies are able to get married, own houses and so on.

Seems fairly straight forward, right? Here's where it gets insane: the babies in the baby utopia are the same as the babies on Earth, meaning they age in the same way as regular humans do. To ensure that all the employees of Baby Corp remain babies forever, Baby Corp manufactures a magical anti-aging formula that also makes its drinkers hyper-intelligent. Alec Baldwin's character, along with every single loving baby in the movie Boss Baby is a fully mentally matured adult that takes the form of a baby so as to not be fired from Baby Corp. This isn't just speculation from me reading too much into a couple weird plot threads, no sir, the magical baby formula and Baby Corp's draconian employment policies are central to the plot of the movie. Boss Baby is sent to Earth by Baby Corp to take down Puppy Corp. As you've seen from the trailers ( I highly recommend you watch the trailers to Boss Baby before you watch the movie,) there simply isn't enough love to go around, and Puppy Corp has worked to make puppies more loved than babies. Once Boss Baby figures out how to take down Puppy Corp and babies rightfully reclaim the title of #1 cutest thing on Earth, he'll be allowed back to Baby Utopia and hailed as a hero alongside the likes of Super Boss Baby, Mega Super Big Boss Baby, etc. Heck, if he's successful, Baby Corp. will even give Boss Baby the coveted Corner Office (with its own potty).

All of this is revealed to the main character, an average-rear end seven year old, after Boss Baby drugs him with a magical pacifier that allows them to astrally project onto the Baby Utopia.

what the gently caress

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
that reminds me of that one fuckin recent movie where the dude becomes a cat which also goes some real weird places. I didn't watch it but you can find an article on av club I think that spoils it

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Puppy Corp literally conspires to end humanity because its CEO was fired from Baby Corp. Boss Baby's mentor and idol, Mega Super Hyper Big Big Big Boss Baby, developed lactose intolerance over his hundreds of years as CEO and and as a result the anti-aging formula no longer affected him. Once Baby Corp found out, they banished him to Earth to live as a human. Boss Baby is not so vulgar as to be thematically reduced to nominal, "ripped from the headlines" conceits, it's a story of good and evil that wouldn't feel uncomfortable amongst the Biblical canon. In fact, this is alluded to in the movie itself. Once little Timothy discovers Boss Baby's plan he states "So you're Baby Jesus then?" to which Boss Baby replies "If it makes you happy, yes, I am Baby Jesus."

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSHUIEDBbl4

• Locked thread