Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Point is, Force Awakens was made for the super casual fan and the dumb masses. Think "gamer girl" demographic. Rogue One was made for the real Star Wars fans, and the passion put in to it shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yug posted:

Point is, Force Awakens was made for the super casual fan and the dumb masses. Think "gamer girl" demographic. Rogue One was made for the real Star Wars fans, and the passion put in to it shows.

loving :laffo:

"I can really sense the passion in this corporate product made to cash in on a license."

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

loving :laffo:

"I can really sense the passion in this corporate product made to cash in on a license."

I wasn't talking about Force Awakens.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
rogue one had really bad characters, less charisma than a fully-CGI Tarkin

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Rogue One had lots of opportunities to be something really different. Instead it pulled its punches and became something boring.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The gently caress is a "gamer girl" demographic.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yug posted:

I wasn't talking about Force Awakens.

I didn't claim TFA had passion put into it. Hell, I admitted it's basically a ripoff of ANH, yet it's still good thanks to some great character moments and acting.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope the hack frauds review Adam Sandler's new netflix film, somehow their sandler reviews are always great.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

I didn't claim TFA had passion put into it. Hell, I admitted it's basically a ripoff of ANH, yet it's still good thanks to some great character moments and acting.

Name one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

naem posted:

Also I guess all white guys are evil, ugly and/or British now?

Now???

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
TFA ad Rogue One were both bad and had awful scripts and plots in general

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Yug posted:

I did not like Rogue One but they did seem to put a lot of work for the sake of continuity. Maybe too much like with Leia's ship taking off at the end.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Yug posted:

lol

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I like the part where you look down on people who are well adjusted enough to not center their lives around a sci-fi fantasy franchise.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Both TFA and Rogue One were kinda mediocre. TFA had decent characters, but the plot was basically A New Hope with some details changed. As for Rogue one, i have no strong interest in ever watching it again.

I wonder what The Last Jedi will be like. I really loving hope its not a remake of Empire Strikes Back. People have joked about that but it wouldnt surprise me of they ("they" being Disney) just straight-up did that.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blue Star posted:

I wonder what The Last Jedi will be like. I really loving hope its not a remake of Empire Strikes Back. People have joked about that but it wouldnt surprise me of they ("they" being Disney) just straight-up did that.

I can guarantee Rey's training will be extremely similar to Luke's.

It's like poetry, they rhyme...

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

I can guarantee Rey's training will be extremely similar to Luke's.

It's like poetry, they rhyme...

Bullshit because she is already good at everything.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oohhboy posted:

Bullshit because she is already good at everything.

No, the new trend is to "fix" the major problem with your movie in the next one, like how Batman V Superman "fixed" the issue of the destruction of Metropolis being glossed over. So they know that people think Rey is perfect, so we're gonna get a bunch of her failing during training so people can go "See, she's not a Mary Sue!"

Hell, Ghostbuster 2016 did reshoots to respond to internet comments, so you don't even have to wait for the next movie in some cases.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

No, the new trend is to "fix" the major problem with your movie in the next one, like how Batman V Superman "fixed" the issue of the destruction of Metropolis being glossed over. So they know that people think Rey is perfect, so we're gonna get a bunch of her failing during training so people can go "See, she's not a Mary Sue!"

I love the way BvS handled that, Batman looks at the camera and says "This section of the city has been evacuated so its safe to fight the giant monster here" and then he winks at the audience.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Will Carrie fisher be chili in the new star wars

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

I love the way BvS handled that, Batman looks at the camera and says "This section of the city has been evacuated so its safe to fight the giant monster here" and then he winks at the audience.

Also Anderson Cooper does it again later.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Star Wars VIII: Weekend at Carrie's

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

Hell, Ghostbuster 2016 did reshoots to respond to internet comments, so you don't even have to wait for the next movie in some cases.

This is a sure fire to make your movies terrible. JJ hosed it up already, you can't fix it, just kill her and move on.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I want to see a Rogue One director's cut that has all the terrorist poo poo at the beginning that dumb test audiences didn't like

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Star Wars IX: Bothan Lives Matter

powerful sex moves posted:

I like the part where you look down on people who are well adjusted enough to not center their lives around a sci-fi fantasy franchise.

TFA was made for people who buy Ewok dolls, claim to be big fans of Star Wars, and do reaction videos on YouTube of trailers. They might not know about the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center (unless they watch RLM videos) but they are worse because they are the reason we are getting endless trash.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

monster on a stick posted:

TFA was made for people who buy Ewok dolls, claim to be big fans of Star Wars, and do reaction videos on YouTube of trailers. They might not know about the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center (unless they watch RLM videos) but they are worse because they are the reason we are getting endless trash.

No, that's the prequels.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

both were bad except for the action scenes

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Didn't the lead actress in rogue one have big tatas?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Thankfully people will still be discussing star wars in red letter media threads long after we are all dead.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just watched the 2007 movie "THe Mist" about a mist that covers a town and there are monsters in the mist and Thomas Jane is a dad

It wasn't a very good movie, but the end might be one of the all time great cinematic ends ever? And to get it, you gotta watch the movie. Do yourself a favour if you havent seen this film: go see it and dont read spoilers about it

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

reignofevil posted:

Thankfully people will still be discussing star wars in red letter media threads long after we are all dead.

Because they will still be making star wars movies after we are all dead.

Like a movie about how Saul Guerrera lost his legs and got that raspy voice. I could make a trilogy out of that, sign me up Disney!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Get ready to wince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYJ-BMM4vqM

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

hard pass

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I just watched the 2007 movie "THe Mist" about a mist that covers a town and there are monsters in the mist and Thomas Jane is a dad

It wasn't a very good movie, but the end might be one of the all time great cinematic ends ever? And to get it, you gotta watch the movie. Do yourself a favour if you havent seen this film: go see it and dont read spoilers about it

Yes thankfully in the past decade nobody has ever discussed the twist ending of the Mist.

P.S. If you havent seen the mist don't think too hard about what that black bar could possibly be used for.

Its not like the movie has a twist ending or anything.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The twist is it's actually more of a fog

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Collider reaction video to the Last Jedi trailer if you don't want to click before finding out what it is

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zzulu posted:

lol Hell loving no, the end was just stupid

Are you trolling or something

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Dude, I've never even seen that movie and I know the ending, it's one of the most commonly discussed things ever. It's up there with "rosebud is his sled."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Reaction videos are like the worst loving thing. Especially when it's just forced clickbait Youtube views poo poo.

I get the idea of maybe secretly recording someone's reaction to a thing like that. You want that genuine reaction from whatever they're watching. But man, that whole thing is just fake as gently caress. Of course they're going to go nuts for it. They don't want to miss out on free Funkos or passes to movies or other swag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Haha, those fake surprised gasps when the hand slams against the ground.

"I may start crying"

• Locked thread