Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
The leggings are for deadlifting anyway, so they'll be destroyed by chalk and bar rash :'( I have some actual Black Milk leggings because they're made in my town and cheap for quality leggings, these are just stand ins.

Aliexpress is fuelling my nintendo sperging, it's gr8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the actual alibaba listing for this one got taken down but the picture was still cached

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The mystery china seed thread would be a perfectly legitimate thread. Hell, FYAD had a BIG BEEF tomato thread for like, months.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah idk why you'd have to ask a mod, probably start the thread a little after things sprout (or start after they grow significantly and fake the timeline) so people stay interested

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah idk why you'd have to ask a mod, probably start the thread a little after things sprout (or start after they grow significantly and fake the timeline) so people stay interested

I'm doing the fake timeline thing because otherwise you get weeks of two leaves becoming fouuur leaaavesss

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
If I purchase kitchen storage containers, are they going to be roughly the same as what you'd find in a grocery store, or will I start growing tumors from the random chemicals seeping into my food?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

If you have to ask, err on the side of caution my dude

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

its all nice on rice posted:

If I purchase kitchen storage containers, are they going to be roughly the same as what you'd find in a grocery store, or will I start growing tumors from the random chemicals seeping into my food?

You'd probably be fine but you could also probably find the same sort of food containers for low prices at a dollar store or Asian grocery store.

Gable Oak
Apr 19, 2005
Internet Shepherdess
Gary’s Answer
It's been about two months, and I wanted to share some of the items I've been surprisingly happy with:

Some officey necklaces to make you can throw on to instantly make you look more polished and professional...
Braided seed-bead necklace and Multi-strand seed-bead necklace

Have anxiety? Can't stop messing with things because of it? Peel off your lip gloss... oh, god, soo relaxing.

Speaking of anxiety, I used to freaking love these zen chime pendants in the 90s. They make a pretty chime sound when you move them... not loud enough to irritate you or others when you walk around. Forget about the weird Mexican pregnancy tie-in, these would make a p-cute gift for yourself or a loved one. This store has a ton of different styles and colors, including interchangeable cage locket ones.

Plain, solidly constructed everyday cotton-ish panties I like these because all of the seams are finished nicely, with no serged seams visible.

Tights that made me want to replace every pair I own. They're durable and stretchy and, despite being one-size-fits-all, I haven't had any problems with pooling around the ankles or being too thin across the hips/thighs.

According to my husband, the softest socks he's ever worn. Are they real cashmere? Wool? Who knows! But they are luxurious and super comfortable.

Anyone have personal experience with clothing will actually fit a US Men's XL/XXL, regardless of whatever the seller's size chart says? So far I'm 0 for like... 5 items, and none were even close.

Gable Oak fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 15, 2017

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Gable Oak, I put the multi-strand seed-bead necklace in my cart. It's exactly my style! Thank you :neckbeard:

Right now my favorite seller for stickers and stationery is SeasonStorm Trading Company.
I know a lot of people in this thread like stickers, but the trend seems to be toward the edgier variety. Personally, I go for the cute ones :3:

Are these twenty-four varieties of 3D puffy stickers enough for you?

Check out those long bunnies :3:

No? What about these four?

The pink one is my favorite. :kimchi:

And it doesn't stop there! Novelty post-it notes!

They posted some cute pictures of them wrapped up like real fruit. :3:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I ordered one of those shawl scarf things posted earlier that someone to buy to impress your lady friends and they were impressed as heck so 10/10 on these cute shawls
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/top-rated-products/1452203.html?tracelog=topselling_tab

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

Only one way to find out! Please keep us updated.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'll report back in six months when I somehow have toe cancer.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

cyberia posted:

You'd probably be fine but you could also probably find the same sort of food containers for low prices at a dollar store or Asian grocery store.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I'm considering buying these shoes:

Li-Ning Men's Rouge Rabbit 2016 Smart Running Shoes SMART CHIP Sneakers Cushioning Breathable Sports Shoes ARBK079 XYP391
http://s.aliexpress.com/ENbqQ3IF

Any thoughts?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Gable Oak posted:

Plain, solidly constructed everyday cotton-ish panties I like these because all of the seams are finished nicely, with no serged seams visible.

quote:

L-XXXL Plus Size Women's Panties High Waist Cotton Underwear Middle-aged Women Underpants calcinha cintura alta CD77

Not exactly Victoria's Secret, are they?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Those panties look prison issue

e: I saw a kewpie doll in one of those sticker listings, which led me to this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot...b0-3d49a314de87

Who wants 20 filthy bootleg mini kewpie dolls with mismatched heads? (I know I kinda do now)

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 16, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Those are underwear a person wears because they want good underwear and might not, gasp, care about your penis this second. That's what normal women's underwear looks like.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't even care about my own penis, what the gently caress.

I'm just saying those are ugly underwear. So are tighty-whitey briefs and that's why I don't wear them.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They are good underwear, lacking the unnecessary decadence and trappings of capitalism

Woden
May 6, 2006

Pick posted:

Those are underwear a person wears because they want good underwear and might not, gasp, care about your penis this second. That's what normal women's underwear looks like.

Should upgrade to boyshorts or something so you'll never again have elastic riding up your inner thigh or butt cheeks IMO.

As a man(so YMMV) the change was a spiritual experience.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pick posted:

Those are def period panties.

Gable Oak
Apr 19, 2005
Internet Shepherdess
Gary’s Answer

Dienes posted:

I *have* been considering ordering some knockoff Thinx from AliExpress... will let you all know how that turns out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dienes posted:

You don't always have to be primed for male attention

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

You won't pull Hugh with an attitude like that!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

stop being creepy about the underwear that person bought jfc

if anyone sees any kind of rip off version of these dungeon tile things for D&D let me know I might just get a dry erase board but the tiles are cool

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pick posted:

I guess not wanting blood stains on your more expensive underwear, or a woman wearing fancy panties because she enjoys wearing them, means you are forever a slave to the male gaze.

Gable Oak posted:

I *have* been considering ordering some knockoff Thinx from AliExpress... will let you all know how that turns out.

You're a braver person than I. Although this alone was almost enough to get me to buy a pair.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

King Vidiot posted:

Those panties look prison issue

Seriously, if they were a dark chocolate brown, I'd be convinced that's where the county of my one arrest got 'em

Or if they came with a matching unsightly but surprisingly comfortable ur-bra

If anyone sees any good cotton lady-boxers (they have longer legs than boy shorts) please post 'em, it's hard to find ones I like for a reasonable price. Target wants $15 for two and no one else carries them around here, and they're hard to find online in not-stupid colors and patterns

Links to ridiculously decorative retro undies and plain tap pants are also welcome

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Sale stuff is filtering through, somebody asked for gifts a while back...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80pcs-lot-Do-Not-Repeat-PVC-Sticker-Pikachu-Pokeball-Anime-Laptop-Stickers-For-Kids/32786989779.html
These pokemon stickers are fine, pretty bog standard apart from deformed pink staryu there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/60P...2768933958.html
These ones were fairly nuts. I'm not sure if my favourite is sleep-deprived-eevee, bucket-and-spade-charmander or super-giant-arm-ash.

Printing quality is pretty solid on both sets.

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?orderId=82937939110362&productId=32698769892
These little cats are pretty cute, very small but not terribly made.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc...2793991917.html
This Meowth pin badge is surprisingly quality, if a bit weirdly coloured.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-100Pc-Rotary-Tool-Accessory-Bit-Set-For-Dremel-1-8-Power-Tools-Accessory-Kit/1914848041.html
These dremel pieces seem decent to have, if you don't have any. I picked them up to replace the set my granddad somehow managed to lose.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 16, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pick posted:

no, it can't be, my animes wouldn't lie to me!!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Prob. my favourite 'cheap from china' thing was a set of four of these bowls

http://www.dx.com/p/watermelon-pattern-ceramic-soup-bowl-red-green-black-200ml-321645

Out of stock on DX where I bought them but if you search 'Watermelon Bowl' on AX there's a few sellers with them.

Only small, holding one US cup measure so really not 'soup bowls' but they do nice for breakfast muesli etc.

edit: Aaand I just found theres spoons to go with, ordered :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Col...2663849356.html

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 16, 2017

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

I wouldn't eat out of anything from Aliexpress :/

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Attention people into AE watches

There are a ton of watches in the freebie section right now. Especially the newest batch. If you apply for two per day, that covers them all with a few applications to spare.

treiz01 posted:

I wouldn't eat out of anything from Aliexpress :/

It's probably fine, especially if you're just putting food in it and then immediately eating it, instead of storing it

I mean, a lot of the dishes, cutlery, pots, and storage containers for food that you buy elsewhere is from China too

I got my patches, they're better quality than I was expecting.

I love how the freebie patch is probably a gently caress up, they've got the thickness of the S upside down. Also the Engrish card.

The embroidering is good, the colors are vibrant. The flags have a pinky fuchsia stripe instead of a proper purple one, but they're like that in the listing, too, so I did that to myself.

Haven't tried ironing them on, since I bought them for resale. I do have an old pair of jeans I may cover in patches, to sample each patch and then eventually sell the jeans on Etsy for $80.

I also got the tarot bags, which have brown beads instead of black. I messaged the seller, because the beads are black in the drat listing. They gave me a "dear friend, batch variations, please see the beauty in the brown beads" response. I tried to explain the "goth" "witch" aesthetic doesn't much go for brown beads, and they told me they would tell their supplier about the "goth" "witch" aesthetic, lmao.

I'll just put black beads on 'em. And customize them with charms while I'm at it.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

These light up star pillows are pretty cute at $7.44USD each.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lum...2620964566.html

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Does the freebie section show up in the app? I don't really know what it is or how it works. Got a link by any chance?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

you got gay patches

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Snowy posted:

Does the freebie section show up in the app? I don't really know what it is or how it works. Got a link by any chance?

There's a button on the main app page that says freebies, its green

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I also got the tarot bags, which have brown beads instead of black. I messaged the seller, because the beads are black in the drat listing. They gave me a "dear friend, batch variations, please see the beauty in the brown beads" response. I tried to explain the "goth" "witch" aesthetic doesn't much go for brown beads, and they told me they would tell their supplier about the "goth" "witch" aesthetic, lmao.

I see the beauty in the brown beads. :)

mike12345 posted:

you got gay patches

yeah man you gotta get gay everything
like this: "gay pride necklace same sex lgbt jewelry gay lesbian pride with rainbow love wins gift same sex marriage equal marriage"

gimme that space gay (even though we all know uranus and neptune are the gayest planets)

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I want clorts. I get clorts. Clorts

Clorts aesthetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hug in a Can posted:

I see the beauty in the brown beads. :)

yeah man you gotta get gay everything
like this: "gay pride necklace same sex lgbt jewelry gay lesbian pride with rainbow love wins gift same sex marriage equal marriage"

gimme that space gay (even though we all know uranus and neptune are the gayest planets)

fully automated luxury space gay communism