Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Forgot about this but at the end of last stream there's a Green Arrow v. Harley Quinn fight; it's the most we've seen so far of Arrow, who looks almost completely unchanged so that's probably why we won't get any stream about him. Still seems like a good strategic projectile character who is also capable of close combat; still has the same arrow procurement ability and general moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
They took away his unblockable super, which is probably for the best, but it was one of the only good things he had in the first game. His basic arrows still do a pointlessly small amount of damage.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just need him to make arrow puns and i'm happy

E: They should really just make an Injustice but in the Brave and the Bold universe it would be 10000x better

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Kelp Plankton posted:

I just saw that they confirmed that shaders change the colors of Green Lantern's constructs, which is actually cool as hell

Did they mention if this would change his outfit as well? A different color would mean a different Corp with a different symbol.

Definitely be a nice touch if they did.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Did they mention if this would change his outfit as well? A different color would mean a different Corp with a different symbol.

The shaders are what change it so it will always coordinate to his outfit color, but they didn't mention the corps logo stuff as far as I've seen. Depends on if the chest logo is its own gear slot or not. Might be able to mix and match or something, I know Supes has tons of chest logos he can use

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There's also this

Stab for dlc

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

No Red Lantern Hal, only Red Lantern Atrocitus. I think Gavok is still working on his write up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Reading the Injustice comics, John Stewart is dead, so how is he a premier skin in this game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't really been paying attention so I may be completely wrong but my assumption is that premier skins are basically non-canon characters.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Reverse Flash appeared in a story trailer but you're probably right, I wonder what's their justification for it.

Also Hal Jordan is a loving moron

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kurtofan posted:

Hal Jordan is a loving moron

HalJordan.txt

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 15, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

John Stewart is a skin in this one because he was a skin in the first game and is the GL people always ask to play as because he was in the cartoon

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I haven't really been paying attention so I may be completely wrong but my assumption is that premier skins are basically non-canon characters.

yeah aside from like zoom and mr. freeze we've got a dead guy and someone who definitely does not exist (power girl)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I've always wondered, which of the Green Lanterns is actually the most popular? Like, I guess Hal Jordan must be well-liked but all I ever hear/see is people mocking or complaining about him being a putz.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's Kyle Rainer obviously

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah it's Kyle Rayner by a country mile and then John Stewart because of the cartoon.

The only people who like Hal Jordan are the insane weirdos who kept buying ads in Wizard magazine in the 90s after he went evil asking for him to be "rightfully restored". Then one of those insane weirdoes became a writer at DC and welp.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i wasn't being serious, do people really like kyle

The best lantern is guy gardner

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
^^^^^ It's true, Kyle is popular ^^^^^

In the comics he single-handedly kept the Corps alive after Hal himself wiped out nearly all the members and the Guardians, he also became Ion, wielding godly GL power because he absorbed/merged with the entity representing willpower of the same name, later he became the only person ever to actually wield and control all the powers on the emotional spectrum, which then later led him to become the White Lantern, representing life itself.

And yet, Hal Jordan is still revered as the greatest Green Lantern, and they don't shy away from constantly reminding of it.

Yardbomb posted:

HalJordan.txt

You got that sign good, Hal.

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 15, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

i wasn't being serious, do people really like kyle

The best lantern is guy gardner

Kyle made people care about Green Lantern for the first time ever in the 90s and his books sold more than any other Green Lantern book ever did or likely ever will, and he's still fondly remembered to this day even though he's not used very well in modern comics.

Guy Gardner rules but he's easily the least popular lantern.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i liked how kyle rainer literally died on the way to his home planet in the injustice comics

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

i liked how kyle rainer literally died on the way to his home planet in the injustice comics

I was a big fan of the meta-commentary in that scene where Sinestro basically says "there's no room for a hopeful and idealistic character like you in this story".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah it's Kyle Rayner by a country mile and then John Stewart because of the cartoon.

The only people who like Hal Jordan are the insane weirdos who kept buying ads in Wizard magazine in the 90s after he went evil asking for him to be "rightfully restored". Then one of those insane weirdoes became a writer at DC and welp.

he said "most popular" my dude

in which case it's absolutely john with hal as a close second

john was a central character on a popular cartoon while Hal was the protagonist of the longest running and best selling modern Green Lantern title and also had a good cartoon, a bad movie, and a good cartoon movie

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

he said "most popular" my dude

in which case it's absolutely john with hal as a close second

john was a central character on a popular cartoon while Hal was the protagonist of the longest running and best selling modern Green Lantern title and also had a good cartoon, a bad movie, and a good cartoon movie

Johns' run may be popular for a modern comic but you're seriously overestimating how popular Hal is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

Johns' run may be popular for a modern comic but you're seriously overestimating how popular Hal is.

taking a wider audience than just comics into consideration? I really don't think I am.

John and Hal are in all the cartoons and the video games while Kyle has...that one episode of Superman TAS.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

taking a wider audience than just comics into consideration? I really don't think I am.

You just argued that his popularity stems from a comics run.

Blockhouse posted:

John and Hal are in all the cartoons and the video games while Kyle has...that one episode of Superman TAS.

That's not an indicator of popularity at all.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

You just argued that his popularity stems from a comics run.

I said that s part of it, not the whole thing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

I've always wondered, which of the Green Lanterns is actually the most popular? Like, I guess Hal Jordan must be well-liked but all I ever hear/see is people mocking or complaining about him being a putz.

If you're an old comics grognard, it's Hal, because he was the Green Lantern from the '60s onward.

If you're a little younger, it's Hal or possibly Guy, although Guy's predominant character trait has always been "lovable rear end in a top hat."

If you're a lot younger, it's probably Kyle, who had some really good stories in the '90s, but DC got taken over by big Silver Age fans in the '00s and sidelined Kyle for Hal.

If you're a DC Animated Universe fan, it's John.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Guy is dumb+great and I'd absolutely throw down some dollars for him.

:q:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Well it's not a true comics related thread until we have a nerd argument like this.

(PS it's definitely Jon, followed by Hal. No one even knows Kyle outside of comics readers)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

(PS it's definitely Jon,

I was wondering when that'd happen.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I only know who Hal is and i think most people only know who hal is and you're all dorks

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hal is currently leading a book called Hal Jordan and the GLC so yeah. He is the most popular.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kyle freaking sucks I don't know how anyone likes him. I am also a big fan of the old cartoons but thats mostly lead to me liking Hawkgirl a lot, and then the sad twisted tale of finding animated Hawkgirl is this wierd amalgamation of all the many different types of Hawkgirls/Hawkwomen in the comics.

That said I am very sure Gorilla Grodd can beat up any of the lanterns and there needs to be a Gorilla lantern corp.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

best Green Lantern always has been Sinestro

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Hal Jordan has legacy recognition, John Stewart has the cartoon, but John Stewart will always be my favorite because he's the Lantern who got recruited and used his powers to lead the Corps. "Mosaic" gave him a wonderful range of personality traits and quirks, and it's a crime he's not better fleshed out than "used to be a Marine/architect" these days. There are several storylines where Hal is celebrated for going off on his own and winning through hard-headedness, when that's supposed to be Guy's thing, and Guy is way more entertaining at it! Then you have Kyle as the creative/sensitive/chosen one, and Hal starts looking redundant as hell.

AND THEN Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz come along and I want them to have skins any presence at all in Injustice 2 so much because they are the best.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Simon Baz is really cool but I don't think he's ever going to get used again by anyone in anything.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Deadshot trait leaked as ammo types: incendiary, explosive, and poison. Boy he's going to be annoying.

Also, Multiverse Mode: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9ZR5iRXUAEaq8y.jpg

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

^^^ That looks pretty cool, reminds me of the map from Multiversity.

Baz's first exposure to anyone ever was the jihadi lantern leaping at the reader with a gun in their face, that's hard to get over.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 15, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"this guy can construct anything out of willpower"

"ok, have him wielding a gun on the cover"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jimmy Hats posted:

I only know who Hal is and i think most people only know who hal is and you're all dorks

Keep in mind that for over a decade, Hal was either evil or dead and that came during a time when the most popular animated version of the DC Universe flourished. During the years of Batman/Superman/Justice League cartoons, the most representation Hal ever got was a couple of Easter eggs. John Stewart ended up being the most well-rounded member of the Justice League and arguably had the most focus.

If it hadn't been for the movie, John would be the most well-known. There were even plans of having Common play him in an earlier attempt at a Justice League movie.

MinibarMatchman posted:

"this guy can construct anything out of willpower"

"ok, have him wielding a gun on the cover"

The point of the gun is that Simon knows the logic of not putting all your eggs in one basket. The green ring is awesome, but it doesn't hurt to have a side-arm just in case.

• Locked thread