Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tallgeese posted:

I was kind of surprised that nobody thought about how this story only got traction due to this likely factor.

The only non rich kids in PC are the ones of the migrant workers who clean said rich peoples homes.

bring back old gbs posted:

i hear the kid got the lungs anyways because hes rich as gently caress and thats how it works

I would also add that PC is liberal as all hell.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Would you smoke Trump brand doobies if they were legal

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Majorian posted:

And yet, that hospital in Pennsylvania somehow found a loophole. I'll bet they had to look really hard to find one, if that Utah hospital wasn't able to.

yea, a direct influx of cash! applied directly to the board!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Even if it was a one off, he should still have been denied

Sorry, I thought we did not agree.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Toadvine posted:

yea, a direct influx of cash! applied directly to the board!

Got a citation on that?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Would you smoke Trump brand doobies if they were legal

I would get high bigly on a yuge trump-brand doobie

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
America spends around 40 billion on their drug war, is probably the largest consumer of drugs on the planet, has more people incarcerated than any country in the world, war on drugs keeps South America in poverty and terror, CIA has been caught drug trafficking and experimenting on citizens and military, doctors give out opiates like candy and in some cases are being rewarded for over-prescribing, drug education for youth is almost non-existent, marijuana is a schedule 1 narcotic. Well looks like this war on drugs is working great!! Let's give non-violent drug offenders longer sentences in our nightmare legal system. - Things an idiot would say.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Krustic posted:

America spends around 40 billion on their drug war, is probably the largest consumer of drugs on the planet, has more people incarcerated than any country in the world, war on drugs keeps South America in poverty and terror, CIA has been caught drug trafficking and experimenting on citizens and military, doctors give out opiates like candy and in some cases are being rewarded for over-prescribing, drug education for youth is almost non-existent, marijuana is a schedule 1 narcotic. Well looks like this war on drugs is working great!! Let's give non-violent drug offenders longer sentences in our nightmare legal system. - Things an idiot would say.

Drugs are CRIME and you have to be TOUGH ON CRIME

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Krustic posted:

B-b-but this guy was white! And rich!* So clearly Trump will only crack down on rich white people and not working class whites and non-whites.

*: citation still needed

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Majorian posted:

I'm here to repossess your lungs sir.

Too late, he already ruined them

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Krustic posted:

I don't think anyone said that here, though, so why are you bringing it up?

Also denying this guy a lung transplant would definitely shorten his sentence not lengthen it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
This morning I was driving and I was thinking about how it's been years and years and years since I felt the pure existential panic of possessing a small bag of chemicals that could potentially send me to prison for a decade if I happened to be pulled over

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Hmmmm, turns out the 19-year old's family needed to crowdfund his surgery.

Yeah, what a rich bastard.:ironicat:

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I don't think anyone said that here, though, so why are you bringing it up?

Also denying this guy a lung transplant would definitely shorten his sentence not lengthen it.

Cuz I felt like it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Majorian posted:

Got a citation on that?

lol mr "you and I both know this hospital is actually a partisan drug warrior" wants a citation proving money grants access to treatment. kiss my grits

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
At least its pretty funny that every dumbass libertarian who voted for Trump assuming he was gonna tear down the system and the weed laws with it are now seeing him literally do the exact opposite

They'll probably gravitate back to rand paul when he runs again in 2020 :shrug:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

I hope that kid makes it even though he smoked a marijuana and is white, possibly middle class.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Toadvine posted:

lol mr "you and I both know this hospital is actually a partisan drug warrior" wants a citation proving money grants access to treatment. kiss my grits

Hahaha, you can't find anything. You just want to lick Trump's and Sessions' piss-covered balls at any opportunity.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

wait, this says he got lungs in March...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

wait, this says he got lungs in March...

And...?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought this whole argument was he couldn't get lungs cuz he smoked weed, but he got lungs in March.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

I thought this whole argument was he couldn't get lungs cuz he smoked weed, but he got lungs in March.

Yeah, he got denied by the first hospital, and then went to one in another state and got them instead. Which would suggest that the first hospital's reason for denying it was bullshit.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

I already did, dumbass. I posted Sessions flat-out saying that's what he's going to do.

Holding the line on a bad policy is still better than making it worse. Which is what Trump is doing.

California has managed to do it. With its Democratic governor and statehouse.

You do know dispensary raids rose under Obama, yeah? And between 2009 and 2013, Obama’s administration spent $100 million more cracking down on medical marijuana dispensaries than George W. Bush’s did.
Between 1996 and 2013, the federal government conducted 528 dispensary raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.
During Obama’s first term as president, his administration oversaw 270 dispensary raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 15, 2017

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Majorian posted:

California has managed to do it.

Don't forget Nevada. God bless Reno and Vegas steamrolling all the retard hicks in Elko and Fallon and Ely. Passed the gun control initiative too!

Additional thanks go to the hookers and hooker enthusiasts in Storey and Nye county, who also voted to legalize.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Drugs are CRIME and you have to be TOUGH ON CRIME

Yes I agree cancer patients who smoke to relive the pain of chemo are shameless criminals. Zero tolerance. Lock em up!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Yeah, he got denied by the first hospital, and then went to one in another state and got them instead. Which would suggest that the first hospital's reason for denying it was bullshit.

so what you're saying is this isn't really Jeff Sessions' or some International guidelines' fault but a states rights issues?

so you guys have been arguing over nothing for like 2 pages?

Its Saturday guys go outside.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

You do know dispensary raids rose under Obama, yeah? And between 2009 and 2013, Obama’s administration spent $100 million more cracking down on medical marijuana dispensaries than George W. Bush’s did.
Between 1996 and 2013, the federal government conducted 528 dispensary raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.
During Obama’s first term as president, his administration oversaw 270 dispensary raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.

Those were bad things.

Trump and Sessions want to make it worse.

These are facts you should probably make peace with.

a bone to pick posted:

so what you're saying is this isn't really Jeff Sessions' or some International guidelines' fault but a states rights issues?

I already had this discussion with Toadvine. Never said that it was Sessions' fault - just that he's going to make poo poo like this happen a lot more often.

Also it's not a states' rights issue, it wasn't the state of Utah that denied him.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

Those were bad things.

Trump and Sessions want to make it worse.

These are facts you should probably make peace with.

We will have to wait and see. I don't do drugs, so tbh I'm indifferent to recreational use even though I do wish it was legal for people who want to use it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

How many existed in 2000 vs 2008, and how many did Obamas admin do 14-16?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
It would be funny to see the cognitive dissonance if Trump ends up federally legalizing weed, though (not likely, I know).

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

We will have to wait and see. I don't do drugs, so tbh I'm indifferent to recreational use even though I do wish it was legal for people who want to use it.

Yeah well a lot of poor folks of every race and ethnicity are going to be getting ridiculously long sentences for recreational use, thanks to Trump and Sessions. GJ pissbabies.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

It would be funny to see the cognitive dissonance if Trump ends up federally legalizing weed, though (not likely, I know).

Hey, I'd applaud him if he did half the things that you fuckwits thought he would do once elected.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Tulsi Gabbard is trying to decriminalize Marijuana on a federal level, Democrats loving hate her guts though because she's a real progressive so they'll probably block her at every turn.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

quote:

In California, the first state to legalize the use of medical weed, legislation has attempted to address this issue. Denying a patient an organ solely based on their use of medical cannabis has been outlawed. But Stanford Health Care at Stanford University in Northern California still considers any kind of drug use a potential reason to leave a patient off of the transplant waiting list.

[...]

Many doctors wish they had more federal guidance. Members of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation will meet this month and one of the focuses of their conference will be on discussing issues relating to cannabis users. Unfortunately, some people in the medical community don’t believe this is a great time to address the issue because the anti-cannabis crusader Jeff Sessions is now Attorney General of the United States.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This morning I was driving and I was thinking about how it's been years and years and years since I felt the pure existential panic of possessing a small bag of chemicals that could potentially send me to prison for a decade if I happened to be pulled over

Maybe don't drink and drive

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

Hey, I'd applaud him if he did half the things that you fuckwits thought he would do once elected.

I didn't vote for Trump nor do I particularly like him. I am, however, going to give him a fair chance and get annoyed at the constant grasping at straws and negative spin from people and the media.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

I didn't vote for Trump nor do I particularly like him. I am, however, going to give him a fair chance and get annoyed at the constant grasping at straws and negative spin from people and the media.

Pointing out that he's restarting Reagan-era drug enforcement policies is not "grasping at straws."

Also lol
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/853327333847166977/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Cucked!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

Pointing out that he's restarting Reagan-era drug enforcement policies is not "grasping at straws."

Also lol
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/853327333847166977/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Cucked!

I wasn't talking about that particularly point, I was speaking just in general.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

I wasn't talking about that particularly point, I was speaking just in general.

Deregulating Wall Street and the fuel industry, gearing up for war all over the world, trying to ban Muslims, appointing a dude as AG who definitely doesn't have a problem with police brutality...yeah, lot of grasping at straws there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

oh great

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/853336635928453122

• Locked thread