Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Was there actually a secret raid guild? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

Was there actually a secret raid guild? lol

Yeah it was apparently the mega spergy elitist one and it just warms my cockles that it's fallen apart to loot drama lmaooo

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
How do you have loot drama when there's no way to roll need on anything?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Other posted:

Where there's a goon, there's a way.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Other posted:

1) Sell teams
2) Differences in goals for obtaining LIs.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

What happened?

got bored

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Other posted:

Cletus has issued an ultimatum that SFD raids are cancelled forever if another person gets the Slothasor hammer before he does.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/enjoy-music-from-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-with-the-evergreen-philharmonic/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8nwiTNCcvE

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I told them to name the secret raid guild the parrot butt club because rear end isn't allowed but they hosed that up too

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This is cool and good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hey Arus, did you know that in Shadow of War you're going to be able to mind control Nazgul? Pretty cool right?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Good performance in general, but some of the instruments were painfully out of tune.

Edit: totally drives home how much better the themes from HoT are than in the original game. Soule is a good composer, but almost nothing in stock GW2 was in any way memorable the way The Golden Cave, Attack on Tarir, Faren's Flyer, Auric Wilds, SCAR, and so on are.

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 14, 2017

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So, I have been out of the loop for about a solid year (shortly after HoT's release). What has changed since then? Are eurogoons still out of luck regarding guilds?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

So, I have been out of the loop for about a solid year (shortly after HoT's release). What has changed since then? Are eurogoons still out of luck regarding guilds?

What do you mean? We have a number of euros in SFD who don't have any problems?

For changes, I'd check the wiki, it's a lot for someone to sum up here

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

What do you mean? We have a number of euros in SFD who don't have any problems?

For changes, I'd check the wiki, it's a lot for someone to sum up here

Weren't characters located on the Euro servers unable to play with players from, or be transfered to USA servers or is my memory at fault?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

Weren't characters located on the Euro servers unable to play with players from, or be transfered to USA servers or is my memory at fault?

Oh yes, I gotcha, yeah that's still correct, but afaik a ton of euro players play on US servers (which is what the SFD people do). If that's cool with you then do that. I haven't heard of any real latency issues, our resident aussies and kiwis don't see to have big problems either.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh yes, I gotcha, yeah that's still correct, but afaik a ton of euro players play on US servers (which is what the SFD people do). If that's cool with you then do that. I haven't heard of any real latency issues, our resident aussies and kiwis don't see to have big problems either.

Alright, thanks!
Last question, are Thieves still the red headed step child of the classes?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Schpyder posted:

Good performance in general, but some of the instruments were painfully out of tune.

Edit: totally drives home how much better the themes from HoT are than in the original game. Soule is a good composer, but almost nothing in stock GW2 was in any way memorable the way The Golden Cave, Attack on Tarir, Faren's Flyer, Auric Wilds, SCAR, and so on are.

For real!! I drove up to Seattle w/ my fiance to see it live cause we're nerds, and every time the... I think it was one of the French Horns, every time they had an entrance it made me flinch because of how out of tune they were. It was a really great concert in general though, I never really realized how mournful the Lion's Arch music is until they played it.

I really really loved some of the low, ominous, almost threatening cello parts (I played cello for a decade and absolutely love the instrument) . The Verdant Brink music, the name of which I forget entirely, has a particularly great cello part.

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 14, 2017

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011

Magres posted:

got bored

This: New raid is a joke, no new raid content, no real feeling of progress. Don't blame them for calling it.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Epn6ZZResk

Reminder that this is a thing that exists

Orv
May 4, 2011
...sure, whatever.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thursday Night Raid Group: "no tanks no masters"

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thursday Night Raid Group: "no tanks no masters"

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Lonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Epn6ZZResk

Reminder that this is a thing that exists

The only thing worse than the concept of this video was the guy wearing Google Glass.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
There is nothing memorable about melodramatic orchestral music in vidja games. HoT is better than core tyria, but not by that much.

I wish more devs actually experimented with different musical styles and used audio themes that help immerse you in the environment. It's unfortunately rare, and I can only think of a few examples. Bastion/transistor, xenogears, Ocarina of Time, chrono trigger / chrono cross, secret of mana. And SAB, of course.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Iceclaw posted:

Alright, thanks!
Last question, are Thieves still the red headed step child of the classes?

I'm not 100% sure since I don't raid or do high level fractals, but I've heard that ever since damage parsers were made legal, thief is more desired in all content. Daredevil staff thief has very high damage output for only having to hit a couple buttons compared to the intense "keyboard piano concert" rotation that elementalists have for just slightly higher payoff. It's also really simple to gear, just berserker's everything.

My question: I started doing fractals in pub groups the other day. They're really fun and I'm getting lots of goodies.

First off, do people just try to do the highest one they have the agony resistance for? I did 1-5 but maybe I should be skipping straight to the highest 0 agony one? idk.

Second, how do I make Max Bank doing them? I hear that it's a good way to make gold but that there's more to it aside from selling drops?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Open your fractal chests. You can buy a certain amount of keys a day, but fractals drop them as do the chests. I'm pretty sure it's generally a net profit doing this.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Jinh posted:

I'm not 100% sure since I don't raid or do high level fractals, but I've heard that ever since damage parsers were made legal, thief is more desired in all content. Daredevil staff thief has very high damage output for only having to hit a couple buttons compared to the intense "keyboard piano concert" rotation that elementalists have for just slightly higher payoff. It's also really simple to gear, just berserker's everything.

My question: I started doing fractals in pub groups the other day. They're really fun and I'm getting lots of goodies.

First off, do people just try to do the highest one they have the agony resistance for? I did 1-5 but maybe I should be skipping straight to the highest 0 agony one? idk.

Second, how do I make Max Bank doing them? I hear that it's a good way to make gold but that there's more to it aside from selling drops?

Doing the dailies is a good place to start. It's easier to find a group and you can do tier 1 and 2 without much in the way of AR, check the wiki. I'd do the highest that you can do since you get the lower rewards and the loot is better.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

ItBurns posted:

Doing the dailies is a good place to start. It's easier to find a group and you can do tier 1 and 2 without much in the way of AR, check the wiki. I'd do the highest that you can do since you get the lower rewards and the loot is better.

sweet so you get the rewards for every level under the one you do. i think someone in guild chat said that too but i didnt understand until i actually went and tried it out.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
US GameStop has HoT on sale for $25 if you buy a physical copy.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

dad on the rag posted:

US GameStop has HoT on sale for $25 if you buy a physical copy.

yeah but then you'd have to go to a gamestop

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is chrono the only class with a viable shield option? Talking fractals and pve here.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is Revenant specialization no good?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is Revenant specialization no good?

I thought it's pretty much run in all non gimmick builds on rev?

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Keegers posted:

Is chrono the only class with a viable shield option? Talking fractals and pve here.

Warrior often goes greatsword and mace/shield to alternately do damage and break bars (shield bash).

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo I wanna create a new character on Magunna but it's full, would it be better to create it on a different world and then transfer when it's not full, or what?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Warrior often goes greatsword and mace/shield to alternately do damage and break bars (shield bash).

This is for power warrior which has mostly fallen out of meta in exchange for condi. At least for raids.

Turtlicious posted:

Yo I wanna create a new character on Magunna but it's full, would it be better to create it on a different world and then transfer when it's not full, or what?

And server only matters if you want to do WvW - if that's okay and you just want to do PvE then join whatever.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 16, 2017

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Keegers posted:

chrono, engi, warrior, guardian, herald

chrono is the best, and is meta

engi with a shield should be kicked

warrior uses shield as part of the power build to break bars (condi doesnt have room for it) and it's better for pvp. power warrior isnt 'meta' for raids and fractals -- open world you don't really need a shield

guardian has a few uses for shield but they're niche. i use it in pvp but dont tell anybody

herald also has a few uses for shield, but like guardian, they're niche

so yep, basically just chrono

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

in only 2 pulls:

having a chrono to distort every spear is an extremely valid tactic to the point that a guy actually paid me gold because of how much easier i made everything

bonus: me wanking myself off in chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Butt
Jan 8, 2009

(not a furry)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/65ngmw/memorial_march_in_eternal_battlegrounds/

I REALLY hope this is someone's bullshit idea of a joke.

• Locked thread