Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

The gently caress

Holy poo poo this blatant disrespect for the cross is probably so offensive to Christians.

E:

itskage fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Reminder - we can disagree with @Potus, so long as it happens to be something I also disagree with.

Best label.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Jurgan posted:

It's not that complicated. Jesus rose from the dead, then destroyed the thing that killed him as a symbol of it having no power over him.
I think setting it on fire would have created an even more powerful image.

And maybe have Jesus wear some kind of pointy hat to protect his lush hair and beard from the sparks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What happened to animal news?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Hahahaha Varvel is a crazy avid supporter of the people who keep America's infrastructure crumbling but he has the balls, the sheer balls, to complain about potholes.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kurtofan posted:

What happened to animal news?

Remember that Bennett that would have been published had Romney won? The one where he's hiding under his desk in the fetal position?
I'm assuming that, at least as a best case scenario.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sandpuppy posted:

Reminder - we can disagree with @Potus, so long as it happens to be something I also disagree with.

New meaning for the phrase "about to go south"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the_steve posted:

Remember that Bennett that would have been published had Romney won? The one where he's hiding under his desk in the fetal position?
I'm assuming that, at least as a best case scenario.

i take it there's no election day cartoon from them

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/9/10/1568633/-Aminal-Nooz-The-First-Not-Animal-Nuz-Edition

quote:

NOTE: Ericlewis0, or Ericle Wise-O as we like to call him, is on hiatus until November, working for the Clinton campaign.
So yeah, definitely still curled up in fetal position under his desk. Expect him to surface back in two or three years.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh dear

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's actually worse then some terrible comedy bit. It's clear he's using camping as a standin for other, more racist, beliefs and he's making fun of the dumb college educated liberals trying to find some outside vectors of why large segments of black people are more prone to do things instead of sensible right wingers who know it's just how black people are. We're basically seeing the comic form of the a very drawn out dog whistle foghorn

With this one he's focusing not so much on why black people aren't doing things, but on Liberals trying to push traditional American pastimes like baseball and camping on black people. I read it as a distinctly Conservative fear that their remembered "golden years", which they long to return to, are being somehow taken from them and given to the "other".

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I'm almost there

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Hihohe posted:

New meaning for the phrase "about to go south"

It's already pointing south, though?!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I hope Possum didn't post this one while I try to figure out how to take him off Ignore.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, Ramirez is so pumped up for war. The idea that we might start bombing everything in the world again has him giddy as a schoolgirl. He's on a Tinsley-like tear with this where every cartoon he makes for a week is basically just saying how happy he is about past bombings and how excited he is for bombings yet to come. Trump may have lost the Dees demographic with his sudden interventionist streak but he has won the Ramirez demographic bigly.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Might want to fly a bit higher before you drop that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's not armed. That way they can splatter a couple of Muslims then pick it up and go again. An efficient use of your tax dollars.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

I think that guy on the left is wearing a pussy hat.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm not sure that you're supposed to smoke in the bomb bay either.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Office Pig posted:

He is. From Sean "Bomb The Protesters" Delonas.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Office Pig posted:

Even worse: it's a woman in a burqa with a pussy hat on top, and she's on a leash held by the RPG guy. Presumably intended as a caricature of a feminist; in being too sympathetic to Muslims despite the warnings of people like the cartoonist, she got herself taken as a slave and is thus so tainted as to be deserving of death alongside them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:derp:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Nothing more fun than a flood that killed all of mankind except one family. A real hootenanny that

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

FishBulb posted:

Nothing more fun than a flood that killed all of mankind except one family. A real hootenanny that

If memory serves Lietha, raging unreflective creationist that he is, hates the conventional depiction of Noah's ark because it tends to be cutesiefied and packed with animals, which of course then furthers the sinister atheist plot to claim a global flood wiping out every person and species with the exception of select individuals is absurd, because it makes people unaware of how big the ark "really" was.

Basically he's the classic example of a guy who is so close to figuring out how bullshit the whole thing is but will never make the connection.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sandpuppy posted:

CONG

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Thanks for the Passover gift, Dees.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
RESS

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Look at this mess. :barf: It took me way too long to realize that he didn't give Kim Jong-Un three arms.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

The gently caress

An Iconoclastic Cartoon

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Not sure this was posted in here, check out what's on the BBC's site today:

Worth a watch if you're curious to listen to two minutes of Branco talking about the intolerable persecution and suppression he has to deal with for being a right-wing cartoonist.

"Liberals, especially on campuses, are having a hard time understanding what free speech means. A lot of people on the left think free speech means that only speech I agree with."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

*inhales sharply, waits with dreaded anticipation*

Well it took Dees longer than I'd expected, but finally he's back in his (fascinating, horrible) groove.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/9/10/1568633/-Aminal-Nooz-The-First-Not-Animal-Nuz-Edition

So yeah, definitely still curled up in fetal position under his desk. Expect him to surface back in two or three years.

He still seems pretty optimistic about things. I thought that Trump might have destroyed him mentally, but he's doing organizing stuff.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

This guy has a real talent for making mundane situations amusing/distressing.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Hahahaha Varvel is a crazy avid supporter of the people who keep America's infrastructure crumbling but he has the balls, the sheer balls, to complain about potholes.

The only way to become a political cartoonist is to complain simultaneously about politicians raising taxes and bad infrastructure and never understand the irony.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

re: animal news i think someone here awhile back mentioned that the author decided to take a break to focus on getting involved in local politics in the wake of trump's election

and if that's true then good for them

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

HAT FETISH posted:

Not sure this was posted in here, check out what's on the BBC's site today:

Worth a watch if you're curious to listen to two minutes of Branco talking about the intolerable persecution and suppression he has to deal with for being a right-wing cartoonist.

"Liberals, especially on campuses, are having a hard time understanding what free speech means. A lot of people on the left think free speech means that only speech I agree with."

Lol gently caress off Branco. One day youll say poo poo so stupid that any sane man that has any exposure in the real world wont want your lovely "free speech". And when that happens, I will laugh.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SomeMathGuy posted:

If memory serves Lietha, raging unreflective creationist that he is, hates the conventional depiction of Noah's ark because it tends to be cutesiefied and packed with animals, which of course then furthers the sinister atheist plot to claim a global flood wiping out every person and species with the exception of select individuals is absurd, because it makes people unaware of how big the ark "really" was.

Basically he's the classic example of a guy who is so close to figuring out how bullshit the whole thing is but will never make the connection.

Yeah, Lietha believes that making the ark small like in the comic makes people think that the flood story in the Bible is fiction, and that if people see the true size of the ark they would go "Ah, yes, this craft absolutely could hold two or possibly seven of every animal in the world as well as enough food and water to take care of them all for forty days." This is why he's a big supporter of that life-size model of the ark in wherever, I think it's Kentucky?

• Locked thread