Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

she was 13 when they began courting

*dicking down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ragtime All The Time posted:

Donald Trump: Four times as popular as giraffe birth

MAGA

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Majorian posted:

I love how they think they're something new and original.

the original spin is dressing like garbage

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
"Anticipating a strong showing of anti-Trump protesters, Scotland Yard’s threat assessment branch plans to coerce critics of the President from attending or at least posing a threat, The Times reported."

The hell does this mean? Do they threaten to arrest them or pay them to stay home?

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

most of us will live to see the sixties and seventies of this century

wonder what things will be like in fifty years, but at the very least computerization, automatisation, and interconnectivity will have progressed even more so and become even more ubiquitous. many of us didn't have home computers for our early years

i hope silicon valley and the culture surrounding it is dead if we do get all this new tech
their ideal world looks nightmarish tbh

singularity garbage and brain uploading is the worst of it- like in actuality you just die and there's an empty computer that appears to other people like it's you

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The main dude was such an rear end in a top hat in the first season, and everybody else was such assholes in the second season, I gave up on the show. Did the third season find a balance?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

and i must meme posted:

i hope silicon valley and the culture surrounding it is dead if we do get all this new tech

singularity garbage and brain uploading is the worst of it- like in actuality you just die and there's an empty computer that appears to other people like it's you

their ideal world is similar to that movie Elysium, hth.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

and i must meme posted:

yeah I don't understand the people who are super excited about uploading

it's just another form of the teleportation problem

(incidentally, Altered Carbon gets into this, everyone's consciousness is backed up and you can be reinserted into other bodies -- it's never explicitly said so that you're essentially dying every time you go through this process but it is implied)

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Agrajag posted:

energy efficiency is good because it saves you money. how hard is that to understand?

"it sounds like something a global warmer-ist might talk about. i dont like them and so i probably dont like this energy efficiency stuff."

its important to remember that leaded gasoline and cars that burned them didn't even start being phased out of use in the US until the mid-to-late 70s. baby boomers grew up just constantly breathing lead and they are likely all have sustained some degree of brain damage because of it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

this hilton guy sounds like a loving moron

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The main dude was such an rear end in a top hat in the first season, and everybody else was such assholes in the second season, I gave up on the show. Did the third season find a balance?

Cool good question. I'm glad someone agrees.

Kristan schaal 4 lyfe tho

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

and i must meme posted:

"people"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Had Bernie Sanders been the Democratic nominee, Hilton “probably would have supported him”. Hilton says he is not really a conservative or a liberal: “It’s hard to pin me down because I’m a bit of Bernie Sanders, a bit of Rand Paul, bit of John Kasich.” He’s pro-Trump simply because he was the candidate most likely to “shake things up”. What Hilton really is, he has realised, is a populist.

can someone just smash this guy's teeth in with a baseball bat please

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853340429558759424

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853341319321669632

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/853337412310880258

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
here's a livestream of the antifa/maga melee

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpKkdBolpVGj

e: yikes blood immediately

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

Will you buy me a good bat

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/853314849316585472

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

energy efficiency is good because it saves you money. how hard is that to understand?

If you're in the business of selling the stuff that's used to produce energy, then efficiency is a very bad thing.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

just a bunch of kiddos lookin' to vent

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

so who was getting his poo poo kicked in a trumper or an antifa?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

empty whippet box posted:

oh come on us brits have enough issues with our teeth.

can't you just kick him in the balls like a decent human being.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I've talked a lot of poo poo about Berkeley my whole life but good for them

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853341984836079616

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Bucky fuller's vision of humanities future is the only correct one

Solarin fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 15, 2017

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Consummate Professional posted:

I've talked a lot of poo poo about Berkeley my whole life but good for them

only when there is civil war we will become undivided

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah I don't understand the people who are super excited about uploading

it's just another form of the teleportation problem

In an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation, a character is able to maintain consciousness throughout the entire teleportation process. Which means that, in the Star Trek universe at least, you don't actually die when you get teleported

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Hilton says he is not really a conservative or a liberal: “It’s hard to pin me down because I’m a bit of Bernie Sanders, a bit of Rand Paul, bit of John Kasich.” He’s pro-Trump simply because he was the candidate most likely to “shake things up”

me? well... i'm six parts malcolm X, three parts ronald reagan, two parts steven spielberg, and about a dozen parts ed balls

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

murked by dragon posted:

me? well... i'm six parts malcolm X, three parts ronald reagan, two parts steven spielberg, and about a dozen parts ed balls

i like penis cum

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

bizarre

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
1 part gabe newell 2 parts lowtax vs uwe boll and 3 parts of one of those tipping water bird things hitting :justpost:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Rushi posted:

only when there is civil war we will become undivided

:yeah:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Captain Planet's villain voices in the first season were done by Ed Asner, Jeff Goldblum, Meg Ryan, Dean Stockwell, James Coburn, Martin Sheen, and Sting.

and you act like it wasn't left wing propaganda.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

In an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation, a character is able to maintain consciousness throughout the entire teleportation process. Which means that, in the Star Trek universe at least, you don't actually die when you get teleported

The Jaunt, Stephen King

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think the dumb explanation involves quantum entanglement, so you're in two places at once sort of and never really get disintegrated

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853343108469104640

:thinkyface:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

lmao if you don't live in a geodesic dome

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853343473902026752

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I asked earlier in some thread if NK could actually hit Japan, and I got conflicting answers. Have you guys figured it out yet? because I'm really concerned that if some poo poo went down with North Korea, it could delay the fourth season of Symphogear

Yeah, NK has a lot of different missiles that could strike Japan. The biggest thread would be a nuclear tipped medium range missile and there is debate over if NK has mastered that technology yet. They are prob not going to nuke Tokyo.

I think the scale of escalation in NK goes :
-Artillery strike SK fishermen / fish islands
-Artillery strike near SK position but not on them
-Shoot up SK fishermen / patrol boats / try to kidnap dudes
-Shoot up another part of the border not near biggest part of DMZ
-ect, leading to artillery strikes across DMZ and strikes on Seoul

The last thing is highly unlikely to happen because even NK can guess that Trump would go for a decapitation strike in a hot min.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Dialog!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

• Locked thread