Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX3n24BMApo&

I keep thinking about this ad Kyle talks about here, and there was another one where he uses Hillary's words against her.

I swear to god I saw one air in Ohio several times where it played her comments calling Sanders supporters "Millennial basement dwellers", Blacks "Super Predators" and the old "Basket of Deproables" line. At the end Trump kinda goes "gently caress this poo poo. vote for me". She and her campaign really were incredible in throwing the birds at anyone that wasn't in her personality cult.

I don't think I've seen a campaign insult it's side of the aisle so drat much before.

I love that uncouth YouTubers like this guy and Jimmy Dore were right in calling a potential Trump victory because they read the writing on the wall, meanwhile all the Liberal wonks that hate those kinds of loud anti-Clintonites got totally wrecked on election day.

A bunch of angry internet mens had better sense than 90% of the pundits and data nerds. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao gently caress, that ad, it was so obvious

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Judging by her support of trump's war, it was literally "love trump's hate" op

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
"we're pretty sure that you're not completely loving insane, america. wait, wait, what are you doing"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

"we're pretty sure that you're not completely loving insane, america. wait, wait, what are you doing"

I dunno, voting for people saying "vote for us or America gets it" seems like a bad idea after the 50th time. Maybe dems should give people reasons to vote for them instead of only giving reasons to not vote for republicans?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

I love that uncouth YouTubers like this guy and Jimmy Dore were right in calling a potential Trump victory because they read the writing on the wall, meanwhile all the Liberal wonks that hate those kinds of loud anti-Clintonites got totally wrecked on election day.

A bunch of angry internet mens had better sense than 90% of the pundits and data nerds. :lol:

Also lolling how Hill folk made fun of Trump campaigning in safe blue states like PA, I guess they didn't get that's how you win campaigns.

She also spent a large share of her campaign time fundraising with rich people, even though her 2X Funding advantage didn't translate into victory.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

etalian posted:

Also lolling how Hill folk made fun of Trump campaigning in safe blue states like PA, I guess they didn't get that's how you win campaigns.

She also spent a large share of her campaign time fundraising with rich people, even though her 2X Funding advantage didn't translate into victory.

spending time trying to appeal to peons like us wears her out. she wanted to hang around with her friends and relax a bit (and get a bit of money).

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Her creepy Stepford wife voice is so irritating, sounds like something like should be a Siri voice option.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

etalian posted:

Her creepy Stepford wife voice is so irritating, sounds like something like should be a Siri voice option.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

etalian posted:

"hahaha..look at that idiot campaigning in michigan and pa. Doesn't he know that those are Democratic strongholds"

/ignores yard upon yard upon yard of "TRUMP" signs I saw from May until November in the rust belt I personally saw.

Condiv posted:

I dunno, voting for people saying "vote for us or America gets it" seems like a bad idea after the 50th time. Maybe dems should give people reasons to vote for them instead of only giving reasons to not vote for republicans?

"I'm out of work. The factory shut down because of poo poo trade deals your husband helped sign into law. My son is underemployed despite having a college degree. What are you going to do for us?"

"VOTE FOR US OR YOU'RE RACIST"

"but uh...that still doesn't fix anything"

"WELL LOOK AT MR. LA-DE-DA SHOWING OFF HIS WHITE PRIVILEGE".

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Apr 15, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Social Issues only gets you about 75% of the way there. Then it's a mad dash to nab the rest of the electorate to hit 100%.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Condiv posted:

Judging by her support of trump's war, it was literally "love trump's hate" op

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

mugrim posted:

Well and to be fair, many of those stakes are gone. Being pro-woman (outside of abortion) is important now on it's own. When it turned out that a few Republican candidates paid their women with a more egalitarian structure, they mentioned it on every outlet until Trump said something. Abortion is settled federally and most of the fight is on the state level now, where democrats are woefully failing.

I literally know two different people who graduated from the Carter school of journalism who have no idea why someone close to me who also graduated didn't just take an unpaid times internship for 2 years like they did post grad. In their minds it's no biggie to live with no income in NYC for 2 years, until you finally get a 30k/yr job in manhattan that lasts another 2 or 3 years before you make real "live in manhattan" money. Why yes, one of the people comes from an oil family in the middle east and the other comes from a tech magnate in SK, meanwhile my friend comes from a single mother who works as a receptionist in one of the poorest cities in the nation, but in their mind this is just 'mental barriers'.

I know a Stern grad who is super 'woke' who comes from hyper old money. He wanted to pay for his Harvard grad degree by working for it, rather than having his hyper rich parents pay for it. So instead, he found a family friend who owned a hedge fund that Goldman Sachs works with, got a job at Goldman making 160k a year, bought a house in hoboken after a few months using his salary as a down payment, and after two years, sold the house for a profit to pay for his harvard degree, and is going there now.

This guy compares this experience to peers in harvard who went to state universities and came from poverty because he 'worked his way up' to pay for it. He wouldn't say it's the same, but he definitely says "I get where you're coming from".

His parents own a % of costa rica and during this entire time he was travelling around the world on weekend trips, but from his perspective he cast aside the shackles of privilege to prove he can do anything on his own.

As for Clinton her message continues to be "Why am I not president now?" while staring into the mirror late at night, unable to sleep and haunted by her sins and failures.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

"I'm out of work. The factory shut down because of poo poo trade deals your husband helped sign into law. My son is underemployed despite having a college degree. What are you going to do for us?"
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2016/09/29/msnbcs-maddow-muddies-waters-nafta-signing-attempt-smear-trump
but maddow told me clinton didnt sign nafta???

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
I think the messege was "We're going to work to end poverty in ways that will not put a homeless shelter in your neighborhood or put too many "low income" students in your childs school"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

pushpins posted:

I think the messege was "We're going to work to end poverty in ways that will not put a homeless shelter in your neighborhood or put too many "low income" students in your childs school"

No wonder Sam Bee loved her so much

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

No wonder Sam Bee loved her so much

Hey you shut up! She's standing up for the freedom of the press against that evil meanie in the white house! I mean who knows what Trump can do to silence or muzzle the press! He might even sign some telecommunications act that limits the media to being controlled by six companies or signing a law into the power called the "Espionage act" that would jail journalists!

A democratic candidates for president would NEVER do that, and I'm sure Bee, her colleagues would be screaming at the top of their lungs if that were the case.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Brother Friendship posted:

unable to sleep and haunted by her sins and failures.

That requires a capacity for self reflection and guilt that, frankly, I increasingly doubt she has.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That requires a capacity for self reflection and guilt that, frankly, I increasingly doubt she has.

if i was hillary clinton i'd be two seconds away from slitting my wrists for inflicting a fascist upon america

hillary instead models katy perry pumps

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I keep remembering that Hillary supporters and surrogates were tossing out "sexism" every day during the primaries.

and I kept thinking "You know that's not going to work against a guy like Trump and his supporters, right? They're gonna shrug their shoulders and go "so? You always say that about us"" He doesn't care. This isn't like our side of the aisle that doesn't want those labels so they'll waste time defending it. The GOP just owns it and continues to go "gently caress you".

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

etalian posted:

My GPS is more personable than Hilldawg

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

I keep remembering that Hillary supporters and surrogates were tossing out "sexism" every day during the primaries.

and I kept thinking "You know that's not going to work against a guy like Trump and his supporters, right? They're gonna shrug their shoulders and go "so? You always say that about us"" He doesn't care. This isn't like our side of the aisle that doesn't want those labels so they'll waste time defending it. The GOP just owns it and continues to go "gently caress you".

Very great how they reused the same accusation of sexism smear tactics they used against Senator Obama and his supporter back in 2008.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Hillary Clinton would have broken up the big banks just like Nancy Reagan started the national conversation about AIDS.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Pretty much a good example of how Hillary's Trump is so scary ad campaign was so ineffective and out of touch with the zeitgeist.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

etalian posted:

Pretty much a good example of how Hillary's Trump is so scary ad campaign was so ineffective and out of touch with the zeitgeist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX3Ql31URA

Yeah our children will be horrified.

Except you know...someone like Trump would have had me and my brother cackling like idiots growing up. It's like watching the simpsons, beavis and butthead, married with children or a chris farley skit/movie. These people obviously don't know kids worth a drat.

By the way? it's literally showcasing why people loved Trump in the first place. The people in the states she NEEDED to win were tired of people of robots like Hillary. They're adults. Talk to them like adults.

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Apr 16, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX3Ql31URA

Yeah our children will be horrified.

Except you know...someone like Trump would have had me and my brother cackling like idiots growing up. It's like watching the simpsons, married with children or a chris farley skit/movie. These people obviously don't know kids worth a drat.

By the way? it's literally showcasing why people loved Trump in the first place. The people in the states she NEEDED to win were tired of people of robots like Hillary. They're adults. Talk to them like adults.

Also despite being a policy wonk something around 70% ads were all about Trump is scary and Trump is horrible.

Not exactly a compelling message when americans are having trouble making ends due to income inequality and Hillary was promising just more of the same.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wildeyezextreme/status/853419660066398208

Did this actually happen? if so...goddamn.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yeah

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

etalian posted:

Also despite being a policy wonk something around 70% ads were all about Trump is scary and Trump is horrible.

Not exactly a compelling message when americans are having trouble making ends due to income inequality and Hillary was promising just more of the same.
The biggest problem she faced is that, no matter what she said or what official policy position she put on her website (HAW), people couldn't shake the idea that she didn't actually believe it and would do something else once elected, which is kinda the kiss of death for a policy wonk.

It was pretty well exemplified in the whole "public and private positions" on issues thing that came out of one hack or another. To right-of-center people, she's a secret ultraliberal who wants to set up drive-thru abortion clinics and gay marry people against their will, and to left-of-center people she's a secret robber baron who wants to sell your children's organs to zoos for meat and privatize the fire department.

I get the actual point that she was trying to make with that comment, but it came across as a validation of the suspicion that everyone really had about her, that you don't really know where she stands, and you can't be a wonk without having a position on literally everything, since that's kinda the point.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Azathoth posted:

The biggest problem she faced is that, no matter what she said or what official policy position she put on her website (HAW), people couldn't shake the idea that she didn't actually believe it and would do something else once elected, which is kinda the kiss of death for a policy wonk.

It was pretty well exemplified in the whole "public and private positions" on issues thing that came out of one hack or another. To right-of-center people, she's a secret ultraliberal who wants to set up drive-thru abortion clinics and gay marry people against their will, and to left-of-center people she's a secret robber baron who wants to sell your children's organs to zoos for meat and privatize the fire department.

I get the actual point that she was trying to make with that comment, but it came across as a validation of the suspicion that everyone really had about her, that you don't really know where she stands, and you can't be a wonk without having a position on literally everything, since that's kinda the point.

Also the Clintons pretty much made political career out of New Democrat chameleon behavior, while by comparison you had angry Bernie railing against Wall Street banks ever since he was a politician.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Trump deserved to win

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MAGA is also a much simpler effective message than whatever collection of random slogans the failed Hillary campaign tried like I'm With Her.

lmao look all the garbage slogans her campaign considered using

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/wikileaks-hillary-clinton-campaign-slogans-ranked/

quote:

Almost physically painful to lay eyes on
"Progress for the rest of us"
"A stronger America one family at a time"
"Lifting us up. Moving us forward."
"Making America work. Together."
"Progress for people"
"A new bargain we can count on."
"Real Fairness; Real Solutions"
"New Solutions Real Results"
"A stronger America for a new day"
"America's strength. America's promise."
"A fair chance for families"
"A fair fight for families"
"A force for families"
"A new bargain for a stronger America"
"It's about time...and it's about you."
"The ideas we need and the strength to deliver"
"American strength from American families"
That doesn't even really make sense
"Next begins with you"
"A better bargain for a better tomorrow"
"Fairness worth the fight"
"Fairness First."
"Putting Fairness First"
"A fair chance to get ahead"
"Your family is her fight"
"A fighting chance for families"
"A new promise for a new time"
"An America built for you."
"Putting America to work for you"
"Strength and fairness"
"A stronger America working for you"
"It's your turn"
"Stronger at home"
"For an America that leads"
"Your future. Your terms."
"Building tomorrow's America"
"Secure the Future"
"For your family. For America's future"

Uncomfortably unoriginal
"It's about you. It's about time"
"Because your time is now"
"It's your time"
"It's about you."
"Building a better tomorrow"
"Strength you can count on"
"A fair shot and a fair deal"
"Building a fairer future today"
"You've earned a fair shot"
"You've earned a fair chance"
"Renewing America's promise"
"Renewing our basic bargain"
"Time for a better bargain."
"Making America work for you"
"Our Families, Our Future"

Meh ...
"Hillary - For Fairness. For Families."
"Get ahead. Stay ahead."
"Families first"
"Fairness for all our families"
"Building a fairer future"
"Your family. Her fight"
"Your future is her fight"
"America gets strong when you get ahead"
"A better bargain. For all."
"A promise you can count on"
"Together we're strong"
"Strength for all our families"
"Getting ahead together"
"Moving Ahead. Together."
"A future worth fighting for"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

etalian posted:

MAGA is also a much simpler effective message than whatever collection of random slogans the failed Hillary campaign tried like I'm With Her.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/wikileaks-hillary-clinton-campaign-slogans-ranked/

holy poo poo I was lookin all over for this article

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

etalian posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

this was p much hillary's vision for america so truth in advertising i guess

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

etalian posted:

quote:

Almost physically painful to lay eyes on
This one describes her campaign and personality pretty well, should have gone with that one imo.

quote:

Secure the Future
This one also seems apt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Hillary Clinton would have broken up the big banks just like Nancy Reagan started the national conversation about AIDS.
but would that solve racism

• Locked thread