Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Working on building a holy/phys team, and a mage team. Any advice would be appreciated. Currently here's what I'm running (I've been doing some swapping because I really need more MC2s and I don't wanna waste xp while I still have tons to level :( ).

Agrias (BSB/OSB) Protectga/Lifesiphon r2
Orlandeau (OSB) Drain Strike/Lifesiphon
Vanille (BSB) Shellga/Curaga
Ramza (Shout) Magic Breakdown/Power Breakdown
Tyro (Wall/USB) Full Break/??? (usually whatever spellblade strike boss is weak to)

Ideally I'd like to swap out Tyro for more damage. I have Basch and his BSB, but I've heard he's not that good? I also have Firion and his OSB, but that's about it for holy/phys dudes. Also, would Eiko be a better healer (I have Vanille, Eiko, and Y'shtolla all with BSB)?

For my mage team I have these so far:

Cid Raines (BSB/SSB) Wrath/Memento Mori
Alphinaud (BSB) Ruinga/*ga (3* elemental)
Golbez (BSB) ???/???
Vanille (BSB) Shellga/Curaga
Tyro (Wall/USB) Protectga/Full Break

I think that looks ok, but it seems like most mage teams seem to run someone to provide more team buffs than I have. Also, same healer question here-who should I go with out of Vanille, Eiko, and Y'shtolla? I tried to pull for the OK bsb, but had no luck. I'd really like to add in the breakdowns too, but not sure who would fit in here. My other mages would be Terra (BSB/OSB), Reynn BSB, Penelo BSB, and Ashe (OSB).

Also any advice for skills I should work towards for these guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

UHD posted:

I dunno, Gaius van Baelsar pretty well qualifies for FF XIV. Even if he's dead. Or at least MMO dead.

Can't really do a main villain for Heavensward though, since it's a giant fuckoff Anger Dragon.

The Ascians or the Emperor are more of a main villain. Gaius was just someone being used by them who also happened to be a massive rear end in a top hat.

Really though any of the generals, several Ascians, or the grand company leaders, would all work as playable characters as would Hildibrand. I'd be down with having them add characters like Raubahn, Nero, Estinien, Godbert and Gosetsu for us to use.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gaius has a much better claim to being the main antagonist of FF14 than Y'Shtola does for being the main protagonist.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, the protagonists of FF14 are, you know, the player-created characters

They should do an FF14 character that lets you customize them like OK

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Gaius has a much better claim to being the main antagonist of FF14 than Y'Shtola does for being the main protagonist.

square rightly recognizes that the catgirls are what people come to ff14 for

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Brother Entropy posted:

square rightly recognizes that the catgirls are what people come to ff14 for

Mostly true but like 99% of the male roegadyn population is gay men.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Egg hunt has started, the first batch had a couple clever/tricky ones.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
One is obvious from the announcement, two are findable with some looking, one is hidden well but possible, and one is just downright sadistic.

For the cheaters: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/65mukc/egg_hunt/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That last one....

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I found two on my own and saw another one but I thought it wasn't an egg, since nothing happened when I tapped on it, and I had to just tap wildly around it until it worked. I would never have gotten the other two without cheating. Good grief!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Eggs aren't too hard once you get a sense of what kinds of places you're likely to see them. I know one screen I bet they're gonna hide one on in the next batches.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gonna be shocked if they don't hide one inside the Nightmare dungeon center crystal.

Only one of them so far was really hard to find, though I think another would have been hard except a blank screen with just the egg showing loaded up for a split second before the rest of the screen did.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Gonna be shocked if they don't hide one inside the Nightmare dungeon center crystal.

They seem to not be hiding them in places where tapping will make something happen, plus it seems like they're putting them in places where even players who just installed the app could find them.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Only one of them so far was really hard to find, though I think another would have been hard except a blank screen with just the egg showing loaded up for a split second before the rest of the screen did.
FFRK is a wrapper on a webapp, they won't put a clickable object on top of another clickable object because that would cause Problems.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Huh, I know nothing about how all of this stuff works but that makes sense. The more you know!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I can't wait for them to hide an egg in the price tag for the Leviathan Pouch

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I decided to go all in for Ahriman kill and shoved my eggs down OK's throat. Though more than eggs the MC3 was the risk as they seem super rare.

Luckily the OK bank pays heavy dividends. 99 synergy boosted OK was the difference maker but the guy still wasn't a pushover taking a dozen tries with ability and RW trials.

Where the hell do I get 3* motes? I can't even use these rewarded 4*

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

You can get 3* motes from the multiplayer fights which you should probably be doing if you haven't. You can also get them from Ultimates in events and from fat chocobo for 200 greens per mote.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
Specifically, you can get them from the Hard and Ultimate+ Raid Dungeons. The Normal gets you some Major eggs, and the Apocalypse gives you 4* motes.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Trust us when we say you'll be drowning in them if you play consistently.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I didn't even notice when we started getting them in the + battles. I only noticed because I was running low on 3* Wisdom motes after diving people after Anniversary pulls so I actually started paying attention to them.

Meanwhile I'm still at like 1000 3* Dex motes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

pichupal posted:

Meanwhile I'm still at like 1000 3* Dex motes.

Dexterity Motes are borderline useless at 3* and the second most used type at 4*. Naturally, as of such, we get boatloads of the 3*s every event, but only get 4* motes once every two months or so.

What's the most used at 4*? Vitality, which we haven't gotten in about four months aside from the Nemesis dungeons. :shepicide:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah, I've fully 3* dived basically every character that I use with any real regularity, and the only motes I ever even come close to running out of are vitality, just because everything uses it. I've got almost a thousand of everything else just sitting around in case I pull a good relic that drags someone into my B or C team.

edit: Definitely feeling the pinch on 4* vit, yeah. I'd love to fully dive Rikku since I use her all the time, but lol at spending 75 4* vitality motes on the Berserker sphere alone.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 16, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

edit: Definitely feeling the pinch on 4* vit, yeah. I'd love to fully dive Rikku since I use her all the time, but lol at spending 75 4* vitality motes on the Berserker sphere alone.

Hopefully we'll have a few events that give out the motes now, since most of the ones we missed were in collabs, and there's no more of those for a while.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Don't 4* motes start being rewarded a lot more frequently once legend material come out?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Don't 4* motes start being rewarded a lot more frequently once legend material come out?

Both 3 and 4 star, yes. There still aren't enough 4 star motes that you can dive everyone you want to without having to plan things out (example: I wanted to LD Lightning because I pulled her USB, but that required me to fully RD her and I actually ran out of 4 star Wisdom Motes on her Spellblade sphere because I'd been Diving my mages pretty indiscriminately). 3 star motes are spendable without much worry, though; I 3 star dive basically any character I ever intend to use and I still have 1500-2000+ of each mote type.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tried to get WoFF relics...

Guess I'll replace cloud with lightning but should I replace vanille with Yuna?

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Dropped my last 150 myth hoping to get gauntlets

4/33, Blowback staff, 2 (already had) WMage Robes, and Onions OSB

My mage team continues to sit in this mediocre space where I have to bring Krile (Or Braska, but eh)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Tried to get WoFF relics...

Guess I'll replace cloud with lightning but should I replace vanille with Yuna?

What do you have for Vanille?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Combo posted:

What do you have for Vanille?

Her unique staff.

Still trying to get shellga and protectga but I don't have the orbs :/

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I now have all of OK's relics... except the BSB Gauntlets. :negative:

As consolation, I have Desch's BSB which apparently is pretty good and gives my Mage team an Lightning Weakness option!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Her unique staff.

That doesn't narrow it down. Is it her SSB or BSB because that makes a huge difference in what the answer is.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

That doesn't narrow it down. Is it her SSB or BSB because that makes a huge difference in what the answer is.

Neither, it's this one:

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Equipment_Rarity%205_Wyrmfang%20(XIII)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Her unique staff.

Yeah, Yuna's HP stock is nice. Though since you don't have protectga Vanille's staff is still useful.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I now have all of OK's relics... except the BSB Gauntlets. :negative:

As consolation, I have Desch's BSB which apparently is pretty good and gives my Mage team an Lightning Weakness option!

You're ahead of me. I also have all his relics except the bsb. Except I pulled my third OK OSB. I guess I'll combine for something?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

100-gem pull was Onion Sword #4.

Based off that I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start dumping Mythril into the gacha :negative:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

2 pulls got me

1/11 Onion Staff
2/11 Arc's Robe and OK BSB finally

Garuda was a brutal bitch to fight. If you haven't done it yet debuff him straight to hell.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
My 100 gem was Onion Sword #3. Like I said for the previous Dungeon Update, I can live with that since I got all the OK stuff during the festival.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Plowed through MP Hein without too much fanfare (I'd honestly say prioritize Earth resistance, Ultimate Quake hurts). Garuda was a pain and a half though. Even with my amped up Wind team I had to RW Wall for it. Bring Gravity resistance so you don't run into the back-to-back Lightning like I did and have everyone suffer 40% unmitigatable damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Plowed through MP Hein without too much fanfare (I'd honestly say prioritize Earth resistance, Ultimate Quake hurts). Garuda was a pain and a half though. Even with my amped up Wind team I had to RW Wall for it. Bring Gravity resistance so you don't run into the back-to-back Lightning like I did and have everyone suffer 40% unmitigatable damage.

I'd prioritize Sleep or Confuse resist myself for Heineken; just because he has AoE confuse as his counter doesn't mean he can't use it whenever he wants, too. That was a bit of a scramble when two of our healers got confused right after a Y'shtola dropped Asylum.

• Locked thread