Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The ill~ugu~nati have controlled the world for over a century and won't be nan desu ka'd. Patrols wielding weapons grade kawaii have already been dispatched to I AM THE TOILET's house to ii desu yo the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Regarding Trails of Cold Steel: I am about 4 hours in and I read that there are some things you will miss without a guide.
Do you recommend using a guide or will I be fine just playing without it?

It is OK, if I miss out on some minor stuff, but I don't want to have big regrets (like losing a team member or not getting a new character).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nothing that big, just sidequests that add to your student score that unlocks bonuses at each threshold.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no there's nothing important

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Wow, you guys are quick. Thanks for your help and I will dive back into it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ryoji posted:

Regarding Trails of Cold Steel: I am about 4 hours in and I read that there are some things you will miss without a guide.
Do you recommend using a guide or will I be fine just playing without it?

It is OK, if I miss out on some minor stuff, but I don't want to have big regrets (like losing a team member or not getting a new character).

You can't see everything in one play-through anyways, with or without a guide. But mostly you're just going to be missing the sub-quest stuff.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
So I just beat Trails of Cold Steel and discovered something super annoying and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I bought a physical copy since my memory card was full and didn't want to delete anything on my card. When I first bought it, the description from the online retailer was that it was the American version, which is fine since I have an American account. When the game arrived, it was not in fact the American version, but no big deal since it's region free. At the time, I just assumed that it was the European version and didn't really think much about it. Having beaten the game, now I want to go on to the sequel and I'd like to take my save game with me.

Still, shouldn't be a big deal right? I want to Play Asia and they have the European version that I can import pretty easily. Except something in the back of my head told me to do due diligence. I went through my packaging a bit more thoroughly and discovered that I don't in fact have a European copy. I have an Asia region copy.

There's not even a hint of an Asian release for ToCS2. So that leaves me at an impasse. Do I just get the American or European version (which I can find in Bangkok) and play that or do I hold out hope for an Asian release so I can carry over my save data? I've heard there are ways to change the save data, but I don't even know how to start that. I'm using a PSTV if that matters at all.

Any thoughts?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Download someone else's completed save?

edit:

Just to be clear I'm not sure if you could, but I would have thought with content manager it'd be possible.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I heard that the bonuses are relatively insignificant and really more of an Easter egg than an actual bonus, in which case I'd really not bother. If they are significant, I'd still not bother and certainly not replay the game for that.

So that's my advice ;)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's really not gonna matter that much if you don't transfer your data. You lose out on a few items that will get outclassed soon anyway, and possibly a very small scene referencing who you chose to be your closest friend, but that doesn't actually affect anything.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Carth Dookie posted:

Download someone else's completed save?

edit:

Just to be clear I'm not sure if you could, but I would have thought with content manager it'd be possible.

I was reading that this might also not work since the game doesn't read backup data.

Szurumbur posted:

I heard that the bonuses are relatively insignificant and really more of an Easter egg than an actual bonus, in which case I'd really not bother. If they are significant, I'd still not bother and certainly not replay the game for that.

So that's my advice ;)

I guess this is kind of how I'm feeling. I'm not exactly in a rush to get the game so if an Asian region release does materialize I'll be fine, but if in a month or so there's still no noise I'll just grab the American release, assuming I can find it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

obviously you should just wait until it's released on steam and play it again from the beginning there

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Manatee Cannon posted:

obviously you should just wait until it's released on steam and play it again from the beginning there

As much as I liked the game, I'm not interested in going through a couple of those bosses again or the slog of the early chapters.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Is the Virtua Tennis for the Vita anywhere near as good as the Dreamcast ones? I'm trying to determine if it's worth the still fairly steep used price.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/851802284640137216

Cheeky bastard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally got around to playing Shiren and it's cool. Some good rear end pixels in this game.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Spoderman posted:

Is the Virtua Tennis for the Vita anywhere near as good as the Dreamcast ones? I'm trying to determine if it's worth the still fairly steep used price.

If you like the Dreamcast one, you'll like the Vita version. It's very good.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Sheesh, even unsealed copies of Virtua Tennis are a little pricey on eBay. Must be scarce.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Spoderman posted:

Part of the price is the fact that it was delisted off PSN because of licensing issues. I wish i had picked it up cheap.

Pretty much anything with a license is guaranteed scarcity after a few years.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
I assume it's not any different than the PC version.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Virtua Tennis is excellent and one of the best games for the Vita. It looks and runs perfect, the control is excellent and there's plenty of content. 100% worth it if you want a portable tennis game.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012

In Training posted:

I finally got around to playing Shiren and it's cool. Some good rear end pixels in this game.

Agreed. Played this last year and turned into my #1 game of 2016.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Speaking of Shiren, the PSN in North America has an Easter flash sale and Shiren's on it for 60% off.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
See, this is how I ended with 4k plus screenshots

The animations are just so cool. :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Have... you ever played a video game before?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Of course I've played other games. But there are few that allow you to turn off the HUD and zoom In/Out the camera at your leisure. That paired with the easiness of the vita's screencap function keeps me pretty entertained by capturing the different attacks on the different stages and outfits.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I don't understand you D_T, but I like ya goshdarnit

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

VD still looks ugly and claustrophobic to me if that's what it's like without a UI cluttering the sides

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Policenaut posted:

Speaking of Shiren, the PSN in North America has an Easter flash sale and Shiren's on it for 60% off.

Shiren is good! The last mystery dungeon I tried to play was Sorcery Saga and that was serviceable but bland. I appreciate that Shiren has some good difficulty even early on and gives you plenty of ways to potentially deal with the challenges. In many mystery dungeon games I feel that most of the time I can just horde items forever because enemies rarely make me use them. In this game I find myself using my items often and not regretting it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

VD still looks ugly and claustrophobic to me if that's what it's like without a UI cluttering the sides

It's still the best Senran Kagura game though

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

See, this is how I ended with 4k plus screenshots

i genuinely don't understand but i won't yuck your yum

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

It's still the best Senran Kagura game though

It doesn't have Ryofu so i'm gonna have to disagree here

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Ruggington posted:

i won't yuck your yum

By saying you won't yuck his yum, you're in fact yucking his yum. You're saying that, in an ideal situation, you WOULD yuck his yum. You WANT to yuck his yum, but something - i guess personal integrity or social mores or popular thought or whatever - is stopping you from the yucking, which is what you actually want to do.

You WANT to yuck his yum. But you can't, so you won't. But not before letting him know that his yum is yucky.

I actually don't give a poo poo but it's fun to conjugate the word yuck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sir this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Nice meltdown.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Those words are ruined for me now

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wandle Cax posted:

Virtua Tennis is excellent and one of the best games for the Vita. It looks and runs perfect, the control is excellent and there's plenty of content. 100% worth it if you want a portable tennis game.

In Training posted:

:yeah: to both of these good posts about those good games in this good thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually use my Vita on my commute and Shiren is perfectly suited to like 30 - 45 minute sessions that are also easily suspended/interrupted. Also, somebody else mentioned this, but the way items work in this game, I am just constantly using everything I pick up, or throwing it, or turning it into gold, or whatever! It's really well tuned to these fraught, fun runs. I still don't know what happens when you die though.