Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Truth time... I swear I did not read that. I just saw some cosplay kids for Star Wars Celebration standing next to an R2D2 and it reminded me of that polybag.

Cool though. Excite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
75$ purchase is way too much for it. I really want it but no star wars stuff interest me right now

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Will they give you 2 of them if you spend more? I probably wont buy any Lego for a while but I do really want that Snowspeeder.

I also really want that R2-D2 but I want to use 1 of them to mod the RED-5 since it seems to be a better scale than the included minifigure R2-D2

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

How much you think that will be going for on eBay by itself?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Normal bonus figs go for 20€ while they are still available, then become more expensive when sold out. So this will be even more expensive because it is an insanely cool r2 unit.

And no you only ever get 1.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
Well apparently being annoying and retweeting the LEGO Star Wars Celebration exclusive set image paid off - I won Day 1 of their giveaway! I'm pumped to be able to build that little diorama and have it on my shelf!

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Sell it on eBay and buy the entire death star!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
That is such bullshit. Not only do you not get that set outside the U.S., even if you are there you have to raffle for a chance to buy it.
They are overdoing it a bit.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hopper posted:

That is such bullshit. Not only do you not get that set outside the U.S., even if you are there you have to raffle for a chance to buy it.
They are overdoing it a bit.

Celebration in general has been a clusterfuck this year and all the exclusives are basically mythical.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

So I picked up an Architecture kit a month or so ago, which was probably the first Lego thing I've bought in well over a decade. And since I love all things Star Wars, and enjoyed Rogue One a lot, I decided to follow it up with the U-wing. That's a fun build, and a nice (and big!) finished model with some neat features. You know, if I were so inclined to move it around while making spaceship noises, which of course would be crazy. :tinfoil: Lego building techniques have gotten really fancy since I was a kid.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's exactly how it starts.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

"I'll only buy Architecture models and Star Wars spaceships. Well, the large scale cars are pretty cool too, and there's only one a year. And the modular buildings only appreciate in value, so why wouldn't I buy them? Boy, I need a new shelving unit to hold all these sets..."

True story.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When you built your shelving out of lego, that's when you had a problem.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Well yeah that's a waste of good bricks!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

veni veni veni posted:

What set is that? That's really cool.

That Lego City jungle theme seems really disappointing in the actual "jungle" dept.

6278 - Enchanted Island
412 pieces
$65.99

It's from the Islander series in 1994. I would have been 10, so that seems about right. Didn't have this one personally... big sets were always a bit "aspirational" for my family.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

veni veni veni posted:

That's exactly how it starts.

True. While Lego appreciation never went away, the first set I got since I was a kid was the Space Needle set. Now I have boxes of sets I'll probably never build with 2 kittens roaming the place.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

SomeJazzyRat posted:

True. While Lego appreciation never went away, the first set I got since I was a kid was the Space Needle set. Now I have boxes of sets I'll probably never build with 2 kittens roaming the place.

The phrase "Lego cat house" popped into my head before twisting horribly and slinking away, hopefully never to return.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

When I was a kid ages and ages ago, I had a cat that used to sleep in the open box of legos in my room. Just a pile of random jagged pointy bricks, snoozing away. And it was on a carpeted floor, right next to the foot of my bed. :psyduck: God bless that crazy cat.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah the biggest danger for me putting together lego is a cat deciding to take a nap on all the bricks.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
There was a picture going around twitter the other day of a cat sleeping on a pile of lego bricks that said "cats are invincible"

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I recreated my local record shop in Lego - they're going to put it in the window for Record Store Day!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You should show it to them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Duckula posted:

I recreated my local record shop in Lego - they're going to put it in the window for Record Store Day!

Rex Manning Day?! :toot:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That would either be late for this year or very early for next year since it was April 8th

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Duckula posted:

Do they have like 4 records behind the counter I don't see a single one in that pic.

Neat build though

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Duckula posted:

This is cool and good.

You are cool and good.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

veni veni veni posted:

Do they have like 4 records behind the counter I don't see a single one in that pic.

Neat build though

Hah yeah that image was when they just opened and hadn't got their records on display yet.

Duckula fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 16, 2017

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Beachcomber posted:

I want the spotted kitty and nothing else.

I miss printed baseplates. And mountain baseplates.

My best friend had this as a kid and we used it with my pirate ship. It was freaking amazing!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think I had that set too, or one of that series. Definitely remember that native guy's crazy headdress and the outrigger sailing canoe. Those guys are awesome.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I love when you find a bricklink store that has a bunch of stuff you want and the price per brick is 4 cents so you can buy a billion of them without pain.

360 bricks for $30? Yes please.

(store also had some rarer pieces that drove the cost per brick up)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

smackfu posted:

"I'll only buy Architecture models and Star Wars spaceships. Well, the large scale cars are pretty cool too, and there's only one a year. And the modular buildings only appreciate in value, so why wouldn't I buy them? Boy, I need a new shelving unit to hold all these sets..."

True story.

I've managed to hold myself at Star Wars ships and large scale cars... and Speed Champions. I'm not even a car person! They're just such nice little models.

(Boy do I need more shelves)

There's a part of me that wishes I had more money, less shame and more space to put the things, cause I sort of wish I could get into the Nexo line. It feels like the best "toy" line they currently have - it sort of feels like this great blend of all the aspects of the more creative themes: two factions pitted against each other, a mix of medieval weaponry with esoteric/weird vehicles, and of course, trans orange.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The secret to the shelves problem is to rotate your display pieces. Build something, put it up on the shelf for a month or so and be happy with it, then take it apart and put something else there.

You know, actually play with the lego. :v:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

xzzy posted:

I love when you find a bricklink store that has a bunch of stuff you want and the price per brick is 4 cents so you can buy a billion of them without pain.

360 bricks for $30? Yes please.

(store also had some rarer pieces that drove the cost per brick up)

Yeah the weird brackets I got for my stupid lego board game were about 2-3 cents each. Ended up getting like 1500 bricks for ~$70. Way more than I needed but I wanted to make sure I had a nice selection of colours.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

xzzy posted:

The secret to the shelves problem is to rotate your display pieces. Build something, put it up on the shelf for a month or so and be happy with it, then take it apart and put something else there.

You know, actually play with the lego. :v:
Take my investment trophies apart?!? Blasphemy! Break out the Kragle!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego daffodils get installed as art project, sold for charity, people super mad that they're being resold online.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-s-lego-daffodils-are-being-sold-on-gumtree-for-75-each/story-30279631-detail/story.html

World keeps turning, nothing ever changes. :v:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Couldn't you just order bricks and build your own to sell, too? Not sure why people are surprised this is happening. People will scalp anything.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There's rumours Nexo Knights are going to be cancelled soon. Get all the neon transparent orange pieces now!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No that means buy nothing until it's actually cancelled then start visiting every walmart in your region waiting for them to show up on clearance shelves.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
My target has a sign out that says buy one get one 40% off lego Star Wars, friends, city or duplo fyi y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The_Doctor posted:

There's rumours Nexo Knights are going to be cancelled soon.

Good. Give us proper Castle LEGO. :colbert: