Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
re: potty training you can put their underwear on, then a diaper over that, so you minimize the mess of an accident but they get all the discomfort of pee pee pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Having three kids who were decent enough to come one at a time, y'all twin parents have my sympathy.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I know a pair who had three kids who were decent enough to all come at the same time.

edit:
But I love having twins, it's just so cool. They are so alike, yet so different, it's fascinating to see how they're developing differently, and they always have a friend who is closer to them than anyone else.

This tuesday was a different day for David since Daniel was sick and his mom went with him to the doctor, the day went well, though they said he asked about Daniel several times and started crying during lunch. And when I came to pick him up and said we're going home to see mom and Daniel his whole face just brightened up :3:

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 5, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

boner confessor posted:

re: potty training you can put their underwear on, then a diaper over that, so you minimize the mess of an accident but they get all the discomfort of pee pee pants

We potty trained our little guy by using a timer: 20 minutes off the toilet, 5 minutes on. We did that for three days. After three days, he was using the potty himself and has only had one accident since then while he was running for the toilet.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

His Divine Shadow posted:

We have twins and a yaris, it works fine, but ah you'll have three kids... Enjoy!

Thanks for the support. After a bunch of panic/crying from my girlfriend yesterday we're a bit more focused today. I know we'll need some extra time to get used to the idea but we'll get there.

You can fit two infant seat and a convertible seat in the middle all at the same time? The oldest one is 18 months old right now. Should be ~2 years old when the two new buddies come out so we'd need 3 baby seat in the back.

I just sort of assumed it wouldn't fit

After some research it seems that quite a few people did it. Did you buy some special super small car seat or did you just manage to fit in random ones?

KingColliwog fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 5, 2017

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I know you can fit two infant seats in a yaris (just ordinary ones, first smaller ones you can carry, then bigger ones that are attached with the car belt, and can be reversed when they get big enough (4-ish)), nothing in the middle though, a person can sit there but it's not very comfortable. My SO has done a lot of climbing into the back to feed and comfort the kids when on drives, or sometimes if we have to give someone a ride, like her mother. It's a bit cramped sometimes, but I'm 6'2" so... But three child seats, I don't see how you'd get that done, I'm sorry I think you're gonna need a bigger car.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Find the Facebook group 'car seats for the littles' and ask how to fit three across in your yaris. I'm sure someone there has done it and knows the seat combination you need to make it work.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Also a quick google turned up an old thread that talked about hatch back being narrower in hip room than the sedan. It seems like it might be doable in the sedan version of the yaris.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

My 22 month son, every other day, starts complaining "mouth boo boo" after I set him down for a nap. In between days where he's so tired he falls asleep early without complaint. I feel like he's trying to avoid the nap and this is just part of that strategy. He doesn't complain about his mouth (unless he's asking to have his teeth brushed) any other time and he seems to forget a few minutes after I get him out of the crib but he will. not. sleep. It IS possible he's getting one of his last two teeth but he never had teething issues like this in severity.

I cannot get him to even lay back down. He goes down once after the full ritual then it's bloody murder. The complaining lasts the three ten minute attempts I give him and maybe two minutes more while he makes sure I'm not going to lay him back down.

Do kids start lying like so at this age or am I missing something or wtf? This started a week ago. The only recent change to his sleep room is he broke his sound machine two weeks ago but his night sleep hasn't changed in that time.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Speaking of lying, mine (26 months) is getting amazing at it. It's really funny when he's just doing it to entertain himself or us, frustrating at other times.

My favorite is one that he's gotten really convincing about. Every night we run the bath, every night he asks to be put in, every night he freaks the gently caress out as soon as I turn on the water. He backs into the far end of the tub going "oh nooo, nooo, noo!" while shaking his head and making these little sobbing sounds as the water works its way towards him, scrabbles his little hand against the glass calling to be let, lifts up one foot to keep the water away...

and then the moment the water touches one his toes even slightly that all falls away and he goes "YAY!" and literally jumps forward to make it splash.

If it weren't for the fact that he's built up this little act over weeks (and the fact that if you take him out he demands to be put back in) I would be 100% convinced it was genuine.

I probably should have mentioned that to my wife when we shuffled up the schedule and had her start his bath last night. She managed to actually get scared.

He also absolutely loves being "hunted" around the house and begs me to do it all the time but he puts on a really convincing image of being terrified right up until the point that he decides it's his turn.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
22 month old just pooped in the potty, looked me directly in the eyes and said, "Boom."

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

sheri posted:

Find the Facebook group 'car seats for the littles' and ask how to fit three across in your yaris. I'm sure someone there has done it and knows the seat combination you need to make it work.

Thx. Asked to join the group

Hdip posted:

Also a quick google turned up an old thread that talked about hatch back being narrower in hip room than the sedan. It seems like it might be doable in the sedan version of the yaris.

I do have the Sedan so that's good news.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I know you can fit two infant seats in a yaris (just ordinary ones, first smaller ones you can carry, then bigger ones that are attached with the car belt, and can be reversed when they get big enough (4-ish)), nothing in the middle though, a person can sit there but it's not very comfortable. My SO has done a lot of climbing into the back to feed and comfort the kids when on drives, or sometimes if we have to give someone a ride, like her mother. It's a bit cramped sometimes, but I'm 6'2" so... But three child seats, I don't see how you'd get that done, I'm sorry I think you're gonna need a bigger car.

I've seen pictures of it done so it should be doable if we find the right seats. Not sure how fun it would be to strap someone in the center seat though which is my main worry right now.

KingColliwog fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 6, 2017

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Ugh. Why do small children have to have better immune systems?

Kiddo caught a cold, on top of teething (like holy poo poo went from no teeth to five of them in a week), and spent last week miserable as poo poo and sleeping most of the day, and when he was awake just absolutely miserable.

This week my husband and I have the cold, and now all he wants to do is run around being energetic as gently caress, and we're taking turns as to who has to get up off the couch whenever he starts trying to unlatch the baby gate to get into the kitchen, or when he starts cruising along the chairs heading towards the one that he without fail manages to fall down in front of and bang his chin on the seat of, or when we were at the park yesterday he wanted to be up toddling along on his own like the other kids and kept breaking away from us trying to walk on his own, which he is...not ready for at all. Holding on to us, he does fine walking, but he just doesn't have the balance at all to walk on his own. Cue multiple rounds of 30 seconds of tears when he would break free take two steps and fall.

But he keeps making new leaps and bounds, and its amazing to watch. He's a bottomless pit for food, and will eat anything you set in front of him, and loves trying new things - about the only thing he hasn't liked is hot sauce (we made ravioli, and we gave him some, but he decided he wanted some of daddys, not his...until he took a bite of daddy's.) He loves standing, and will pull up on anything, and he's to the point of not wanting to crawl, he'd rather cruise or get one of us to walk with him, he's doing great with a cup, and its like just 3 months ago, he was so much more helpless. Now he's just brimming with personality, and stubborn, and adorable, and going to make me gray, and make his daddy's gray hair white.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
My wife was at a meeting for an activist group that had childcare there, and they were watching my 2 year old. She took a crap so big that they had to wash even her shoes off, and use an old shirt that someone had in their car to make a makeshift pair of pants for her to wear until the meeting was done.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chin Strap posted:

My wife was at a meeting for an activist group that had childcare there, and they were watching my 2 year old. She took a crap so big that they had to wash even her shoes off, and use an old shirt that someone had in their car to make a makeshift pair of pants for her to wear until the meeting was done.

were you proud? i'd be proud

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

this was our easter bunny trip last night (he's playing dead because he couldn't win the fight with the easter bunny):

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
That looks like an album cover to some hip new band

Hi_Bears
Mar 6, 2012

AA is for Quitters posted:

He loves standing, and will pull up on anything, and he's to the point of not wanting to crawl, he'd rather cruise or get one of us to walk with him, he's doing great with a cup, and its like just 3 months ago, he was so much more helpless. Now he's just brimming with personality, and stubborn, and adorable, and going to make me gray, and make his daddy's gray hair white.

THIS! Living with my 14 month old is such a rollercoaster. One minute I'm like aw man he is just so awesome and adorable and look what he can do now! He can walk and he can climb and he can almost use a fork! But he can also scream and bang and make the most obnoxious noises for no loving reason ahhhhh

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

AA is for Quitters posted:

This week my husband and I have the cold, and now all he wants to do is run around being energetic as gently caress, and we're taking turns as to who has to get up off the couch whenever he starts trying to unlatch the baby gate to get into the kitchen, or when he starts cruising along the chairs heading towards the one that he without fail manages to fall down in front of and bang his chin on the seat of, or when we were at the park yesterday he wanted to be up toddling along on his own like the other kids and kept breaking away from us trying to walk on his own, which he is...not ready for at all. Holding on to us, he does fine walking, but he just doesn't have the balance at all to walk on his own. Cue multiple rounds of 30 seconds of tears when he would break free take two steps and fall.

But he keeps making new leaps and bounds, and its amazing to watch. He's a bottomless pit for food, and will eat anything you set in front of him, and loves trying new things - about the only thing he hasn't liked is hot sauce (we made ravioli, and we gave him some, but he decided he wanted some of daddys, not his...until he took a bite of daddy's.) He loves standing, and will pull up on anything, and he's to the point of not wanting to crawl, he'd rather cruise or get one of us to walk with him, he's doing great with a cup, and its like just 3 months ago, he was so much more helpless. Now he's just brimming with personality, and stubborn, and adorable, and going to make me gray, and make his daddy's gray hair white.

Learning to walk will be so fast you won't believe it.

This is an awesome age because they can finally do stuff but it's so tiring because they sort of want to do stuff by themselves but can't so you need to constantly be with them.

Mine is now 18 months old and it's so much easier. Just going to the park and walking besides him while he picks stuff off the ground and looks at birds and stuff is great and amazing. Couldn't wait for him to be able to entertain himself a little bit. Still a roller coaster, but I bet this is going to be real for a long long time.

KingColliwog fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 14, 2017

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

KingColliwog posted:

Learning to walk will be so fast you won't believe it.

This is an awesome age because they can finally do stuff but it's so tiring because they sort of want to do stuff by themselves but can't so you need to constantly be with them.

Mine is now 18 months old and it's so much easier. Just going to the park and walking besides him while he picks stuff off the ground and looks at birds and stuff is great and amazing. Couldn't wait for him to be able to entertain himself a little bit. Still a roller coaster, but I bet this is going to be real for a long long time.

I hope learning to walk will take longer. He's only 9 months, but already cruising.

The crazy part is he has early intervention services because of his size, since he's still sub 1st percentile in size. Except for his head, he's got a big head. So even though he's hitting his physical milestones ahead of schedule, and hitting his non-physical ones on target, he's still qualifying for early intervention because he technically qualifies. And I'm not complaining, since I'm a first time mom, and my husband wasn't around his daughter much after she was 3 months until she was six (she's now an adult), so he doesn't really know a lot about what to do with kids this age, so things to do to help him grow and reach his full potential are great. Especially since I don't pay a dime for it, since it's all through the school district. So I'm not turning it down.

But we have the ISFP meeting next week, so he might be getting cut way back on the early intervention since he's doing so well.

If only he didn't use his smarts to get into so much mischief. Kid has figured out how to unlatch the baby gate on the bottom so he can pull the corner of it out and slip into the kitchen. My husband was doing laundry and thought baby was safe since all the gates were up, and the doors to rooms baby isn't supposed to be in were closed.

He found the trash can tipped over and a baby playing in the trash after being out the room for five minutes. Cue baby spending the rest of the afternoon in "time out" (aka being in the playpen with all his toys, just somewhere a bit more enclosed). It's kinda the most effective punishment when his stubborn butt refuses to listen to "no" and being redirected and keeps going right back to whatever we just pulled him away from. We just stick him in the playpen so he can't get to whatever he was trying to, and even though he has all his toys in there, including some playpen specials, you can tell he still views it as a punishment of sorts. But hey, if he won't listen, and won't get distracted by other toys and decides he really wants to do something he's not supposed to do, we don't have a lot of choice. He gets three strikes - if he does it a fourth time after we redirect him, he goes in the playpen.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Mine saw a bird "eat sticks" the other day (collecting them for a nest) and now whenever his mom goes outside with him he tries to eat them himself, and when she stops him he says "mom birdy eat" and tries to feed them to her.

It's adorable.

Also he was sad when we made eggs this morning because "nooo, egg OUT baby birdy, OUT baby". He's been really fascinated with both eggs and baby birds since my mom's quails hatched.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
so my son learned how to take selfies I guess! Waking up to these like 20 pictures and a video or two made me laugh really, really hard. He looks so happy!

Just thought I'd share since it gave me and my wife a good laugh. Plus I want to show off my adorable son, of course!

Edit: I know he needs a haircut, and the answer is no :colbert:

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 15, 2017

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

zeldadude posted:

so my son learned how to take selfies I guess! Waking up to these like 20 pictures and a video or two made me laugh really, really hard. He looks so happy!

Just thought I'd share since it gave me and my wife a good laugh. Plus I want to show off my adorable son, of course!

Edit: I know he needs a haircut, and the answer is no :colbert:

Don't you dare touch a hair on his head! I LOVE his curls!!!!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Yeah why would you ever cut hair that looks that good

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
His hair is awesome! Don't let the stupid old people tell you otherwise.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

GoreJess posted:

His hair is awesome! Don't let the stupid old people tell you otherwise.

Qft, he's adorable and his hair is perfect :)

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

bee posted:

Qft, he's adorable and his hair is perfect :)

Thanks everyone :D We've only cut his hair one time, just a trim, and his curls were almost completely gone for a while! Thankfully they're back, so neither of us plan on cutting it anytime soon, haha. Maybe a trim soon because it's getting in his eyes and it's getting hot out.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

zeldadude posted:

Thanks everyone :D We've only cut his hair one time, just a trim, and his curls were almost completely gone for a while! Thankfully they're back, so neither of us plan on cutting it anytime soon, haha. Maybe a trim soon because it's getting in his eyes and it's getting hot out.

My son looks like he could be cousins with yours. Long blond curls and all. We did just cut his hair because it grows fast, but we kept some length and curl. It will be back to the old length within a month.

Can't get the google images to imbed, so here's a link

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/U...Y=w1085-h813-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9...w=w1446-h813-no

We call his hair his wild boy hair!

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Question about cars for those who have three kids (and sorry if its already been asked):

We have #3 on the way in a month and I'm thinking about buying a minivan. Right now my wife drives a Subaru Outback and I drive a Dodge Charger. Both are technically speaking wide enough to fit three car seats. Our boys right now are 5.5 and 2.5 years, one is in a booster (he's big for his age) and the other in a car seat.

I'm concerned though about the practicality of it. My wife isn't willing to give up her Outback but I'm willing to sell my Charger for a van if its worth the trouble.

Has anyone here gotten by driving around three youngsters in a sedan? Did you try it and eventually gave in on a van? Or did you get by just fine?

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Even when we had just 2 kids, we found that we kept running into situations where we wanted to transport us, the kids, and one or two other adults in one car, and a sedan just doesn't handle that. We bought a Honda Odyssey and haven't looked back since.

Now that we have a third kid, we're still figuring out the best way of arranging everything, though.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Axiem posted:

Even when we had just 2 kids, we found that we kept running into situations where we wanted to transport us, the kids, and one or two other adults in one car, and a sedan just doesn't handle that. We bought a Honda Odyssey and haven't looked back since.

Now that we have a third kid, we're still figuring out the best way of arranging everything, though.

Arrangement is another thing I've though about - I think my oldest will want to sit way in the back, leaving at least one seat in the middle row for baby. Middle child is a crapshoot... he will probably want to be in the back too since he thinks his older brother is the coolest person on the planet.

e: and yes you brought up a great point there - there's been many times where someone (me) had had to cramp in somewhere when driving somewhere with my MIL.

Careful Drums fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 18, 2017

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

We've got a Volvo XC90 specifically because it can fit 3 car seats in the back row. It's also got 2 seats that pop up from the boot in case we decide that we're not finished with having kids.

It's a bit of a squeeze and to put the babies travel car seat in you need to push the middle 2 year olds seat over slightly but they're all belted/ISOfixed in.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Oodles posted:

We've got a Volvo XC90 specifically because it can fit 3 car seats in the back row. It's also got 2 seats that pop up from the boot in case we decide that we're not finished with having kids.

It's a bit of a squeeze and to put the babies travel car seat in you need to push the middle 2 year olds seat over slightly but they're all belted/ISOfixed in.

Glad to hear it's do-able. This will be my wife's situation if she takes all 3 out with her Outback.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Careful Drums posted:

Has anyone here gotten by driving around three youngsters in a sedan? Did you try it and eventually gave in on a van? Or did you get by just fine?

When our #3 was on the way we shopped around (complete with driving around to various dealers with all the car seats we were planning to use and trying them in different cars). Ended up getting a VW Touran, it is wide enough to fit two pretty bulky rear-facing seats and one front-facing seat in the back (it's also the 7-seater version, the extra seats are cramped but can be used for a front-facing child seat). I understand the Touran is not sold in every market; the next step up in size (and cost) would be the VW Sharan, Ford S-Max, etc. class of vehicle; these are pretty popular among families with 3 kids around here, also. The only times we've used a van has been as a rental vehicle on holidays abroad; of the ones we have experience with, the Nissan NV-200 is sufficiently roomy and the Mercedes Vito is way more than enough.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
Three years ago, we went from two toddlers in the backseat of a Prius to two toddlers and a newborn in an Odyssey. We were intent on keeping everyone rear-facing so we ended up putting the toddlers rear-facing in the backseat and loading/unloading them through the back door and over the rear bench. We would get lots of looks from people, and snarky remarks about how awkward it was, but we wanted everyone to be as safe as possible. And it worked for a few years, eventually we moved the oldest toddler forward facing in the center row and moved the youngest to the rear-facing backseat. We only recently turned everyone around, the oldest kids in boosters in the backseat, and have a newborn in a bucket seat in the middle row. This carseat Tetris game has been a pain in our Odyssey, but I can't imagine doing it in any other car.

I don't really get the anti-minivan sentiment. It's an easy ride, has a ton of room for all the crap that comes with kids (strollers, extra jackets, random toys for the park/beach, etc) and we have a few small seats between the carseats for when we have an in-law to drive around. Sure, the mileage sucks, but gas is still cheap and we stay local anyway. My husband uses the Prius now for his commute.

Honestly, when we knew we were going to have a large family I tried to find out what Mormons use. No one around here has large families, and the best I heard from folks were giant SUVs. I wasn't interested in a Suburban which felt like driving a tank, so an Odyssey (or something like it) was the logical choice. I guess the next step up from an Odyssey is a church van, one of those Ford econo vans or something. I still haven't figured it out, what do folks with more than 4 kids in carseats use? (besides birth control)

VorpalBunny fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 19, 2017

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

VorpalBunny posted:

Honestly, when we knew we were going to have a large family I tried to find out what Mormons use. No one around here has large families, and the best I heard from folks were giant SUVs. I wasn't interested in a Suburban which felt like driving a tank, so an Odyssey (or something like it) was the logical choice. I guess the next step up from an Odyssey is a church van, one of those Ford econo vans or something. I still haven't figured it out, what do folks with more than 4 kids in carseats use? (besides birth control)

Right, by that time you're looking at the van market. VW Caravelle/Transporter, Mercedes Vito, Ford Transit variants etc etc.

That one time we had a rental Vito we caught a glimpse of what that sort of life is like. We could waste space like drunken sailors, chuck in our three child seats wherever we liked, pack the luggage in a horribly inefficient way, and still there would have been capacity for more stuff and more passengers.

Groke fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 19, 2017

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Vans are awesome and I don't know why people hate them unless they are coming from a sports car. The only terrible thing about them is the cost (upfront, gas and from what I've heard they generally aren't the most reliable card around) but that's not what people complain about.

We're currently trying to fit 3 seats in a Yaris so I'll tell you how that goes 8)

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
I wish they still sold some kind of AWD/offroady van. My wife and I both have Subarus, live in a snow-prone area, and occasionally travel on rough roads. There used to be AWD or 4x4 vans with decent ground clearance. We had an old Chevy Astro at my job that was a beast. But it seems the options are very limited now.

I miss the days when I was a kid and we just hopped in the seats (with seatbelts!) bolted in the bed of my dad's truck. If they needed to carry a third adult they hopped in the middle of the bench seat up front. :v:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Our son has been suffering a few weeks with some sort of upper-respiratory virus. It was getting better and last week at his 18 month wellness visit last Thursday, he was given a clean bill of health. His ears were explicitly checked.

Other than a runny nose, he was fine all weekend up to and including Tuesday morning when I got him ready for daycare.

Mid-afternoon, his daycare provider called us because he had a fever of 102. A trip back to the pediatrician and hey, his 5th ear infection (and second double) within the past six months.

18 months in, I should be used to it, but apparently I'm not; I can't believe how fast kids come down with stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My almost 19 months old just discovered tantrums...

We had a few in the past week. Super fun. What is considered the optimal way of dealing with them? Right now we are mostly not giving him what he is trantruming for and doing what we were doing anyway (he wanted to stay in the park, we're dressing him up to go to daycare, etc.). Then, we try to comfort him a little but he mostly gets extra pissed so we sort of ignore him/sometime get out of the room to go cook dinner and end up distracting him with something fun after a little while. Does that sound good?

We don't get pissed, we don't yell, we don't do any angry stuff obviously.