Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
worst example of cultural appropriation i have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh here's one of those Imgur posts where you can see the projection from OP from a mile away.

http://imgur.com/gallery/R3w8F

Dude is really mad he got friendzoned and just wanted to make a post about that and watching women getting hosed with.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ularg posted:

Oh here's one of those Imgur posts where you can see the projection from OP from a mile away.

Dude is really mad he got friendzoned and just wanted to make a post about that and watching women getting hosed with.

That push-up guy cracked me right up.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ularg posted:

obviously, but some of those are funny if you remove the 'she got what she deserved' overtones.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A lot of them would make good content for (and many of them have already been posted in) the Schadenfreude thread but yeah the whole theme of "girl won't let me gently caress her so let's watch other girls get hit" is really awful.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Ularg posted:

Imgur posted:

This is a pretty neckbeardy post.
:laffo::laffo:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Henchman of Santa posted:

I absolutely love that Becky is now understood as an insult to white women.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cus...2676842201.html

Sir Mix-a-lot has a lot to answer for.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The recipes group on Facebook are p f crazy since they just keep reposting food network videos anyway. I joined and posted pictures of Tom yum soup and hundreds of white people lose their mind with likes , then the admits deleted my posts and I got banned because ethnic food is apparently ableist lol

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The recipes group on Facebook are p f crazy since they just keep reposting food network videos anyway. I joined and posted pictures of Tom yum soup and hundreds of white people lose their mind with likes , then the admits deleted my posts and I got banned because ethnic food is apparently ableist lol

Do people really get that angry about ethnic food? I don't think I've yet to meet an ethnicity that gets offended if you ask or talk about their food. Usually they'll happily tell you about it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Nah a white person with an anime avatar got upset because the soup had squids in it and "it's textural issues you piece of poo poo" and it went downhill from there

E: after the ban the admin said posting ethnic food is political

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nah a white person with an anime avatar got upset because the soup had squids in it and "it's textural issues you piece of poo poo" and it went downhill from there

What is non-ethnic food?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What is non-ethnic food?

White person food. Mac and cheese, tuna casserole, that kinda thing.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What is non-ethnic food?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766830

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Do people really get that angry about ethnic food? I don't think I've yet to meet an ethnicity that gets offended if you ask or talk about their food. Usually they'll happily tell you about it.

I am as white as they come, and I love making Indian-style curry at home. My husband works with some Indian ladies, and when he told them that we liked making curry, they were so excited that they went out of their way to buy us authentic spices from the local Indian market.

Similarly, I used to work with some Pakistani gentlemen, and one time I brought some homemade curry leftovers for lunch. One of the guys came over and asked me what restaurant I bought it from, and when I told him I had made it myself, he was so exited to hear that I had actually tried to make my own curry, and he told all his buddies like he was so proud. He said it smelled just like his moms, which was basically the biggest compliment I'd ever gotten on my cooking.
:3:

So anecdotally at least, it seems like no one actually gives a poo poo and just instead are really happy if you just try.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Ah, Mormon food.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Ah. Bad food.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Booooo! Mac and cheese can be degraded, but it can also be a real top notch comfort food.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

genetic_knockout posted:

I am as white as they come,

Username post

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Does anyone have a link to that sequence of posts that happened in GWS (I think?) a while ago, where someone posted a picture of food they made and had chopsticks in the shot, then someone got angry because somehow including chopsticks in the picture was cultural appropriation? And then a bunch of other people responded by taking pictures of other food they made with increasingly silly utensils?

I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

genetic_knockout posted:

I am as white as they come, and I love making Indian-style curry at home. My husband works with some Indian ladies, and when he told them that we liked making curry, they were so excited that they went out of their way to buy us authentic spices from the local Indian market.

Similarly, I used to work with some Pakistani gentlemen, and one time I brought some homemade curry leftovers for lunch. One of the guys came over and asked me what restaurant I bought it from, and when I told him I had made it myself, he was so exited to hear that I had actually tried to make my own curry, and he told all his buddies like he was so proud. He said it smelled just like his moms, which was basically the biggest compliment I'd ever gotten on my cooking.

So anecdotally at least, it seems like no one actually gives a poo poo and just instead are really happy if you just try.

I wasn't prepared to feel good about an SA post today. :3:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Booooo! Mac and cheese can be degraded, but it can also be a real top notch comfort food.

"Get this, guys, I'm going to make pasta... and then melt cheese into it! Brilliant!" :haw:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"Get this, guys, I'm going to make pasta... and then melt cheese into it! Brilliant!" :haw:

Lasagna?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lasagna has meat, and veggies, and generally requires you give some thought to assembly. Like moussaka.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Lasagna has meat, and veggies, and generally requires you give some thought to assembly. Like moussaka.

So meat and veggies aren't allowed in some mac?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Munchables posted:

No, it is forbidden by the Mac Gods.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No, it is forbidden by the Mac Gods.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you're making good mac and cheese, you're melting cheese into bechamel, not directly into the pasta :colbert:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Munchables posted:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Is this a bit more on-topic?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

If you're making good mac and cheese, you're melting cheese into bechamel, not directly into the pasta :colbert:

I do believe that that's les macaronis du fromage.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

This article unironically says both 'za and bae. How do you live with yourself?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Crazycryodude posted:

This article unironically says both 'za and bae. How do you live with yourself?

Very carefully.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Picnic Princess posted:

So if someone takes a poutine and puts pulled pork or something on it, is that attacking Canadian culture?

That's called Smokes Poutinery's triple pork poutine, pulled pork bacon and sausage. By calorie count it is the most unhealthy fast food in North America.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

oldpainless posted:

Username post

Definitely knocked out my melatonin gene :(:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I'm sitting in a Mister Donut in Tokyo, and Justin Timberlake is playing on the pipe music. A middle-school student with his buddies is singing and grooving along. Should I go tell him that it's cultural appropriation and he should immediately cease and desist?

Burn Tumbler to the loving ground

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

I think that's the "what did you make for dinner?" thread. Try 5-8 pages back from current. I think that was a month or two ago.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

genetic_knockout posted:

Fine for you and your Indian colleagues, not so much fun for everyone else who goes into the staff kitchen at lunchtime to get hit with a smell which is similar to an armpit.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

:ohdear: The other night I made mac and cheese with 2:1 havarti/old cheddar and I added tikka masala sauce to the cheese sauce.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What is non-ethnic food?

dim sims and a chiko roll

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Munchables posted:

My best mac and cheese starts with sauteed chopped onion and smoked sausage cooked crispy-black on the edges. Anyone who says that's not allowed is just wrong.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lemniscate Blue posted:

My best mac and cheese starts with sauteed chopped onion and smoked sausage cooked crispy-black on the edges. Anyone who says that's not allowed is just wrong.

HERETIC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

piss explosion posted:

Fine for you and your Indian colleagues, not so much fun for everyone else who goes into the staff kitchen at lunchtime to get hit with a smell which is similar to an armpit.

Lol at this curry hater