Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What's the trick to getting a Lachesis with Tetraja?

Also goddamn do I hate it when I end up with combinations where one or two magic-focused Personas make a physical Persona. I forget, does this game follow the usual SMT logic of preferring to keep high-level demons instead of keeping lower level ones around?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

FauxLeather posted:

Endgame spoilers Man I was really hoping I could fuse a strong demon of some great capacity, the highest level one I had at the end of the game was roughly level 69. Metatron's weakneses are awful but it's motherfuckin Metatron and I wanted that boy on my bench. I guess that's to be left for NG+.

I'm such a sucker for that final scene with the whole city cheering, rising the Phan-site percentage. The same kind of culmination of energy thing that makes me think of Spiral Power. Moments like that are so cool they make me wanna tear my shirt off and pound my chest.

The whole end game sequence was basically Tinkerbell's "clap if you believe!" scene as told by The Matrix. It definitely wanted to pull at your heart strings, but meh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The ending sequence is good because you shoot God through the skull with a very large gun, and then after a couple of months in juvie you go on a roadtrip with your cool and good pals.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Pollyanna posted:

What's the trick to getting a Lachesis with Tetraja?

Principality (Justice) comes with Tetraja. You probably want Principality for awhile anyway, because it's one of the first personas that will get access to Mediarama. Fuse with an Empress persona to end up with Ame-no-Uzume (Lovers), which you fuse with a Priestess persona to end up with Lachesis.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Here I am finishing up the game, fusing what's left before beating the final boss.

And I fuse Michael, and go to the Itemize out of curiosity, even though I can't use it because this game is dumb and limits you on that on the final loving day.

"Judge of the Dead (Revolver): All Stats +10 "

*starts mashing confirm even though I can't do it*

Why you do this game.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The ending sequence is good because you shoot God through the skull with a very large gun, and then after a couple of months in juvie you go on a roadtrip with your cool and good pals.

The best part was Morgana living as a stray for a month and a half because he didn't want to ruin his "I must return to my homeplanet" good bye

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Agree with this 10000000000%. Hanging out with teenage buds and complaining about lovely adults & figuring out how to fix them, usually by beating them up spiritually (cognitively?), was definitely what made this game great.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 16, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i went to the yakuza adapation movie with makoto and i am ascending to heaven

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Network fusion is the best way to fill out the compendium cause you can take a level 2 and end up getting a level 40-50 Persona

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Just recruited Ysuke. What team should I pick for the museum?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lakbay posted:

The best part was Morgana living as a stray for a month and a half because he didn't want to ruin his "I must return to my homeplanet" good bye

What a drama queen.

PirateBob posted:

Just recruited Ysuke. What team should I pick for the museum?

Your favourite one.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Saigyouji posted:

It's less consumerism, and more absolute control. Befitting its name, Yaldabaoth is directly in parallel of the forces of Law, and YHVH Himself from the mainline SMT games, up to and including having the four archangels under its direct control. To it, any deviation from perfect order is a flaw in the very fabric of reality, to be corrected with extreme prejudice. It won't be satisfied until humanity is mindlessly obedient. Its whole "The sin of rebelling against a god is severe. As punishment, you shall taste pain everlasting." is a direct callback to SMT II, where YHVH says almost exactly the same thing after you defeat Him.

That's dope. I also choose to take the exterior of Palace 7 being a reference to SMT1. Specifically flooded Tokyo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uh well I'm glad I learned that Despair will instant-kill you in a battle right after I saved

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay I just beat what is highly likely to be the last boss.

I don't know what I was expecting at this point but the super robot devil and his giant lever action saving Christmas was pretty drat good. Boo on Atlus for having Tokyo forget what just happend though :mad:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6MlI2wZLlw

aaaaaa this palace theme

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wait till you get to the next one.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this game keeps getting better and better.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also i accidentally started dating my teacher whoops

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
That's no accident

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i actually wanted to date makoto but i got the prompt that says "YOURE IN A RELATIONSHIP ALREADY" when i was almost done with death lol

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Is there any resource that shows confidant availability? It seems completely random what days I can hang out with people.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Got to Rivers in the Desert, it's pretty good.

but Life Will Change is still the hypest poo poo out there.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Sixth palace clear. Now to spend 20 more hours doing all the things. Please send food and water. Also send sympathy, since as predicted I won't be getting the navigator chat trophy again and there goes my platinum for the second game in a row. :/

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Saigyouji posted:

It's less consumerism, and more absolute control. Befitting its name, Yaldabaoth is directly in parallel of the forces of Law, and YHVH Himself from the mainline SMT games, up to and including having the four archangels under its direct control. To it, any deviation from perfect order is a flaw in the very fabric of reality, to be corrected with extreme prejudice. It won't be satisfied until humanity is mindlessly obedient. Its whole "The sin of rebelling against a god is severe. As punishment, you shall taste pain everlasting." is a direct callback to SMT II, where YHVH says almost exactly the same thing after you defeat Him.

There's definitely that mythological aspect, but in a more direct plot sense: Yaldabaoth believes that all the people with Palaces represent exactly why humanity needs to be kept on a short leash. If left to their own devices, human desires will naturally distort and create terrible people who ruin everything. IE: Desire is the source of all evil. Humans must either be mindless sheep or be destroyed for the good of the universe. Joker was meant to be a gamble, proof that humanity could overcome all that on their own, or if he failed proof they were completely beyond hope. But of course Yaldabaoth rigged the game from the beginning since he'd been in control of the masses' desires the entire time.

Narratively, of course, he simply represents the logical extension of what every corrupt adult had been thinking all game: that their own desires superceded other people's right to exist, and that the entire world was just their plaything. The fact that he was a god made no difference to the protagonists, he was just another rear end in a top hat thinking he was better than everyone else.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 16, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
boy howdy this fourth palace is about to put me to sleep. I really wanna get Futaba but this palace is just sapping my energy for some reason

Hackan Slash posted:

Is there any resource that shows confidant availability? It seems completely random what days I can hang out with people.
the op of this thread has it

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Fourth palace was alright to me but maybe because it felt like they broke it up into more manageable chunks, unlike the third one. None of the mobs outside of Anubis were really that bad either.

Having to go through mobs on the way to the Treasure is a little annoying though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How does the fortune stat boost thing work? I used it and it wasn't really clear if it did anything.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Andrast posted:

How does the fortune stat boost thing work? I used it and it wasn't really clear if it did anything.

I believe it adds one point to anything you do that day that raises that stat.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I went with Mishima to the planetarium and man this kid is a creep

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Clarste posted:

I believe it adds one point to anything you do that day that raises that stat.

I think it still caps at three, though? I never saw more than three, anyway.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The notes aren't absolute representations of stat gains and the notes don't ever show more than 3. With fortune boost you can get up to 8 but most of the time you're seeing 3 notes for +5 or 2 notes for +3

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Coldforge posted:

I think it still caps at three, though? I never saw more than three, anyway.

I've heard that it goes over three, it just doesn't display it. Stat gains can to over three anyway from certain activities like finishing books.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Be sure to get a kindness reading on the day you can feed your plant.
Also feed your plant. It's so easy to miss that it's infuriating.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

(What I assume is) Final arc spoilers (beginning)

Igor telling you that you hosed up is kind of creepy.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
That moment is one of the few things I really, really liked about the ending gauntlet.
Overall I disliked it (and the moment was spoiled by a later reveal) but for a brief instant I was pleasantly surprised and super invested.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm fighting the final mini boss and two times now his minions have lived with a sliver of hp and recarmdra'd him back to full and I'm crying.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Beat the game, dang. Really fantastic though, better than P4.

One thing that I felt sort of missed the mark was how they sorta forgot about the whole "change the Palace rulers cognition in order to change their palace" after Futabas. I think it would have been really interesting to have real world sections where you had to run around and interact in the world with an area in order to clear barriers or open up shortcuts or something like that, rather than the other palace gimmicks we got (which usually overstayed their welcome).

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
They literally did that in 6 when they forced you out of the palace. In 5 and 7 it makes sense they don't get to do that because of the scale and inaccessibility of their enemy.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I went with Mishima to the planetarium and man this kid is a creep

Is this working as intended? I didn't have many friends in HS but I'm sure I didn't scare people either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have a Yoshitsune with Apt Pupil and Sword Dance which is proving to be a lot of fun until I can just break the game with his final skill.