Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

the_american_dream posted:

triple post hype sleeper who was still ST hyped id say yes

Yeah but still:

3 games
21 IP
22 K
4 BB
8 H
0 ER

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
On a team with Chris Sale and Johnny Cueto, James Paxton is my ace

Praise pitching 🙏🙏🙏

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Also, if Thames is still available in your leagues, go grab him right the gently caress now. He looks legit, 5 HR already.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gat dang I wanted Paxton so hard, he went the pick before I was about to grab him in my keeper league and I'm still salty about it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thames is good

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Mitch Haniger is also good.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Let's play word association:

Rich Hill

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Moneyball posted:

Rich Hill

Injuries!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Moneyball posted:

Rich Hill

https://youtu.be/pqUq2Da7d5c

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Moneyball posted:

Rich Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJa3YRaJVds

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Amir Garrett for real? I'm kind of nervous about depending on Marco Estrada unless he gets dealt, and I don't have to much to choose from: it's either Garrett, Jeremy Hellickson, Chase Anderson or Ty Chatwood.

If Verlander didn't look like poo poo thus far I'd just pull the trigger, but, well.....

Free Yahoo league, here's my roster

C: J.Castro, G.Sanchez, C.Rupp (catcher is VERY thin on the WW in my league)
1B: K.Morales
2B: C.Hernandez, J.Segura, J.Peraza, J.Ramirez
3B: J.Turner, E.Nunez, J.Ramirez
SS: C.Seager, E.Nunez, J.Seguya, J.Peraza, D.Gregorius
OF: K.Morales, J.Peraza, M.Ozuna, B.Harper, J.Ramirez

SP: J.Verlander, J.Cueto, T.Roark, D.Bundy, K.Graveman, K.Hendricks, M.Estrada
RP: M.Melancon, B.Kintzler

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 17, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Do you really need Gregorius?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Moneyball posted:

Do you really need Gregorius?

Not at all but he's on the DL so trading or waiving him is something I can't really do ATM. I'd like to get SOMETHING for him. And to do that I have to wait until he's available, at which point I'd like to get either another SP, 1B or another C

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 17, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
As long as Grichuk doesn't go yard tonight, I win this week after trading the lead back and forth all afternoon.

EDIT: :toot:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 17, 2017

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
lol man I REALLY wanted Buxton this year and I got him in 0 leagues and am I ever thankful for that

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I got smoked in every league this week.

I suppose at least it's different this year. In all 3 I drafted for hitters, and in all 3 I had really good pitching and my hitters utterly poo poo the bed.

gently caress... hitting?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

IMB posted:

lol man I REALLY wanted Buxton this year and I got him in 0 leagues and am I ever thankful for that

Sano, OTOH....

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I got smoked in every league this week.

I suppose at least it's different this year. In all 3 I drafted for hitters, and in all 3 I had really good pitching and my hitters utterly poo poo the bed.

gently caress... hitting?

Lots of good hitters are slumping like crazy right now. Can't expect them to all suck going forward, or maybe Thames and Andrus are the only good hitters left in baseball :(

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And ozuna don't forget about ozuna

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I was kind of shocked to see Ervin Santana was still available in my league this morning...that's wrong, right? I'm also in with Haniger and Caesar Hernandez....what do you guys think their long term prospects are? I feel like .250/.350/.450 is possible for Haniger and .300/.380/.400 is possible for Hernandez.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

I was kind of shocked to see Ervin Santana was still available in my league this morning...that's wrong, right?

I'm surprised he's still available at this point, but his next two starts could very much provide a quick market correction his ERA.

EDIT: Eduardo Rodriguez is going on paternity leave this week as well. Thanks to Twitter for saving me from a v dumb waiver move there.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 17, 2017

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
If you didn't stash Matt Bush you probably should have

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Scruffy the janitor posted:

If you didn't stash Matt Bush you probably should have

Picked him up today. Beginning to think my league is full of people who don't care and people who don't know what they're doin'. Speaking of pickups, are there any catchers you guys can recommend I watch out for as callups?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Picked him up today. Beginning to think my league is full of people who don't care and people who don't know what they're doin'. Speaking of pickups, are there any catchers you guys can recommend I watch out for as callups?

Travis D'Arnaud seems to be the hot ticket right now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Travis D'Arnaud seems to be the hot ticket right now.

Sadly, he's taken. I guess I gotta hope Sanchez starts hitting when he's back from the DL.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is Eric Thames actually Barry Bonds

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Shout out to my friend that dropped Thames for Mike Leake last Thursday.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Yo can I drop Dansby Swanson yet?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I picked Kyle Barraclough one pick before Thames in the 17th round and I regret NOTHING

History will prove me to have made the smarter choice.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I'm liking this Braun/Myers/Mazara/Haniger OF. All 4 guys ranked in the top 25, 2 in the top 10.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Moneyball posted:

Yo can I drop Dansby Swanson yet?

................why did you draft him

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

resident posted:

Shout out to my friend that dropped Thames for Mike Leake last Thursday.

I dropped him for Brandon McCarthy just over a week ago. This year has not been kind to me so far...

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Spoeank posted:

................why did you draft him

I drafted him because the top 8 SS were kept (in a league with a ton of turnover) and so the next bunch went for like double what they should. I basically gotta wait on him a while more since there is NOTHING on the ww.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

drop his rear end for asdrubal cabrera like, yesterday

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Spoeank posted:

drop his rear end for asdrubal cabrera like, yesterday

He was drafted bra.
Sob. I hate SS.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Swanson in a keeper is one thing, but he shouldn't have been drafted in normal redraft leagues.

In my keeper I just keep him perma-benched since I also have Diaz.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I just got this trade request thrown my way in a 12-tm H2H 7x7:

My Villar/Posey/Valencia

for his

McCann/Crawford/Schwarber/Calhoun/Bauer

I've got Realmuto at C as well, so that wouldn't be as bad of a downgrade at that spot as it might appear. I'm probably pulling the ripcord early on Villar, but I would have Crawford and Baez to fill in there...and Schwarber...

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I only had Swanson because SS dried up real quick in the draft and my only other SS was Peraza before the Phillips trade. I've been wanting to drop him for a while now, but he's still on a roster in every other league I'm in so I was wondering if there's something people know that I don't.

I guess :byewhore:

Inspector_666 posted:

So I just got this trade request thrown my way in a 12-tm H2H 7x7:

My Villar/Posey/Valencia

for his

McCann/Crawford/Schwarber/Calhoun/Bauer

I've got Realmuto at C as well, so that wouldn't be as bad of a downgrade at that spot as it might appear. I'm probably pulling the ripcord early on Villar, but I would have Crawford and Baez to fill in there...and Schwarber...

A downgrade AND you have to drop players? I wouldn't do it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

A downgrade AND you have to drop players? I wouldn't do it.

I keep telling him I have no interest in Calhoun whatsoever but he keeps putting him in every proposal. This dude is relentless, but this was the first trade he offered that actually kind of made me stop and think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I drafted K. Seager, J.Turner and Moustakas because they were all good value where i drafted them.

Just before the season started i felt i had to let one go and get another steals guy.
Guess which player i dropped. Guess which 2 players have 0 HR and the dropped guy has 5!

• Locked thread