Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Huell was Kim in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Kim is Huell in disguise.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kim is Skyler White and Marie Schrader's estranged half-sister.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
I can't remember why Kim has Jimmy's clients now. When and why did that happen?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I can't remember why Kim has Jimmy's clients now. When and why did that happen?

He was dealing with Chuck so she took over some appointments he had scheduled to get Wills written up.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Kim seemed to enjoy being an amateur con-artist in that one episode, so maybe that's part of what happens down the road...

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Sagebrush posted:

Kim is Skyler White and Marie Schrader's estranged half-sister.

This I like.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Why was Kim under the gascap though? I guess I'm just too stupid to understand.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

a new study bible! posted:

Why was Kim under the gascap though? I guess I'm just too stupid to understand.

Because Jimmy had an appointment with the cartel to track Mike but he was dealing with Chuck, so Kim did it. Please watch the show.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Better Call Saul Season 3 - Please watch the show.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Longbaugh01 posted:

Kim seemed to enjoy being an amateur con-artist in that one episode, so maybe that's part of what happens down the road...

I could see a scenario where Kim helps Jimmy do something of questionable legality, or hell maybe the Mesa Verde thing ties into somehow, and Chuck knowing about it but being ultimately hesitant to truly screw his brother well and good, "sends a message" by dropping Kim under the bus instead.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I could see a scenario where Kim helps Jimmy do something of questionable legality, or hell maybe the Mesa Verde thing ties into somehow, and Chuck knowing about it but being ultimately hesitant to truly screw his brother well and good, "sends a message" by dropping Kim under the bus instead.

He'd throw Kim under the bus explicitly to hurt Jimmy. He's already done it once or twice, why not again? There's not much Chuck can do to Jimmy directly that he'd care about at this point, getting into law itself was just to try and be close to chuck and make him proud after all, it wasn't exactly his true life's calling originally. Hurting Kim IS how he screws Jimmy because he cares more about her and her career than his own.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Chuck kills Kim with his force lightning he has been charging inside himself

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

A twisted-faced Chuck sends Jimmy to Sandpiper Crossing to kill all the old people.

Jimmy (just finished his transition to Saul Goodman): Where is Kim? Is she safe? Is she alright?

Chuck: It seems, in your anger, you killed her.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

*the oldlings.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Oh, right.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

baw posted:

Or she gets killed and it's Jimmy's fault

I think that would be too tragic for the tone they're going for. Jimmy gets in deep, Kim gets killed for it and he slides completely into Saul because there's nothing left in the world for Jimmy. That's grim even by BB standards.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Gene sequence ends with a redeemed Jimmy McGill, newly shaven, hurling a cackling Chuck into Cinnabon's industrial mixer as a wounded Jesse looks on

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Saul Goodman and Jimmy McGill are in fact two separate people. Saul was created when Jimmy was hit by a blast of energy from an experiment gone wrong at the Sandia National Laboratories, separating his quantum structure into two physical "Matlock" and "Shyster" superpositions. The young postdoc in charge of the experiment? Walter White.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

Saul Goodman and Jimmy McGill are in fact two separate people. Saul was created when Jimmy was hit by a blast of energy from an experiment gone wrong at the Sandia National Laboratories, separating his quantum structure into two physical "Matlock" and "Shyster" superpositions. The young postdoc in charge of the experiment? Walter White.

Where does James McGill, Esq., fit in?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A tertiary isotope too unstable to exist for more than a few hours at room temperature.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
At some point Jimmy dies tragically. Chuck decides that he must become Jimmy to protect all of Jimmy's clients. He affects what he assumes to be Jimmy's personality, and becomes Saul Goodman.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The investment banked Kim and Jimmy worked over is gonna show up working for Mesa Verde.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

The investment banked Kim and Jimmy worked over is gonna show up working for Mesa Verde.

If your financial professional can get swindled like that do you really want them working for your finance company or do you want that person who swindled the financial professional

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Well he was an investment banker wasn't he? Those work for banks right?

Oh hes a stockbroker, working at Mesa Verde, lol.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Ken

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 16, 2017

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
maybe there's a smaller tracker inside
BCS: Doobie opens a franchise in ABQ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Mesa Verde isn't the Mesa Credit Union.

Though I suppose they could be cross-branded and owned by the same guy or something

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
There's probably so many things named Mesa something or another in New Mexico.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This show would be more fun if all the Cinnabon employees were Albuquerque criminals sent there by the dissapearer.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

We really need a new episode.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

If you solve the tracker puzzle you get a link to the next episode online.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Tenzarin posted:

I never realized Ken was the same guy Walt crosses paths with in Breaking Bad.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think that would be too tragic for the tone they're going for. Jimmy gets in deep, Kim gets killed for it and he slides completely into Saul because there's nothing left in the world for Jimmy. That's grim even by BB standards.

Yeah it would be tragic as hell and it kind of goes against what Gilligan said in 2013

quote:

If Bad was 75 percent dramatic and 25 percent comedic, Saul will be the opposite.

on the other hand BCS already feels darker than Breaking Bad but I might just be misremembering since it's been some years since I've watched it.

edit:

also i think BCS is literally darker because a lot of stuff happens at night or in poorly-lit offices or in the house of a guy who thinks he is allergic to electricity

baw fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 16, 2017

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

clown shoes posted:

I never realized Ken was the same guy Walt crosses paths with in Breaking Bad.

drat. I never realized it was a deep cut either.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

I pledge to never stop drinking and enjoying the crap out of this show, or sillyposting about it. I am a fan of Better Call Saul.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

baw posted:

Yeah it would be tragic as hell and it kind of goes against what Gilligan said in 2013

on the other hand BCS already feels darker than Breaking Bad but I might just be misremembering since it's been some years since I've watched it.

edit:

also i think BCS is literally darker because a lot of stuff happens at night or in poorly-lit offices or in the house of a guy who thinks he is allergic to electricity

Saul is definitely more dramatic than comedic as is and Breaking Bad was more like 90/10

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
BCS isn't really doing comedy at all, are they? Compare to Breaking Bad when there were major characters primarily there for comedy. Badger, Skinny Pete, Saul.

Half of Jesse's scenes early on were comedy.

I see BCS compared to the Fly episode sometimes. But the first half of Fly was hilarious. BCS isn't capable of being that funny with it's characters, at least not until Jimmy becomes Saul.

Hank was funny most of the time on Breaking Bad too with his sarcasm and constant joking around.

BCS is probably 1% comedic and 99% seriousness.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 16, 2017

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Jimmy's fuckin' hilarious I dunno what you guys are watching.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, almost everything related to the retirement home was funny, even sometimes in a dark way. Chicago sunroof? That poo poo wasn't in Breaking Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Squat Cobbler is extremely serious business guys.

• Locked thread