Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Haha of course Nico is happy. Yet another data point that Lewis isnt all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Powershift posted:

He scored more points because he finished 8th once and maldonado finished 10th once. points don't tell you poo poo when neither driver gets one in 17 of 19 races. Maldonado finished ahead in 9 of the races they both finished, Bottas only 5.

Even in a shitbox outscoring your more experienced teammate in your first season isn't exactly underperforming

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tsaedje posted:

Even in a shitbox outscoring your more experienced teammate in your first season isn't exactly underperforming

quoted for when Vandoorne finishes 10th for Mclaren's only point in the season.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nico will always troll Hamilton and he cant do poo poo about it

Keep the humble act at least in turn one and dont crash into Boat rear end

#Blessed

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

I still cannot get my head around the thought process that leads you to test a single cylinder and then just assume everything will be cool when you bolt a bunch more onto it.
1. Single cylinder
2. ???
3. F1 WCC

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Humble act, is that what it is? He looks into the camera like he's popped a disco bikkie. I can't stand it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pastor won a race in a car shittier than any of the Martini Williams card.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Bottas has never placed a car above it's mechanical ability

To be fair, even getting 1st in the Marc is probably not pushing the car beyond its mechanical ability

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

To be fair, even getting 1st in the Marc is probably not pushing the car beyond its mechanical ability

Oh you're not wrong. Always something being "saved"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

One of the biggest aberrations in F1 history.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Alain Post posted:

And they then had to burn down the garage to hide the evidence of whatever cheating caused this otherwise inexplicable event to happen

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Funzo posted:

I'm betting Lewis pulls that "either I get through or we both crash" Senna poo poo in the first corner to get past Bottas.

I have the ESPN feed of that race on my computer.

Varsha starts out by saying "We're going to go quiet and let you guys enjoy the race start"

Then the race starts, and Senna/Prost crash out in T1, Varsha then has to go "AND A COLLISION. SENNA HAS BEEN HIT!"

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Does that mean the race with American commentators?

I'm sure me and all the Brits know it as Murray Walker yelling THIS IS INNNCREDIBLE

edit: hey poo poo I've got nothing to do until the race, Senna turned into Prost there. That's one of the times you're like, geez, Senna was cool and all but I can't say I wouldn't have wanted to deck him if I had to drive against him.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FuzzySkinner posted:

I have the ESPN feed of that race on my computer.

Varsha starts out by saying "We're going to go quiet and let you guys enjoy the race start"

Then the race starts, and Senna/Prost crash out in T1, Varsha then has to go "AND A COLLISION. SENNA HAS BEEN HIT!"

Yeah for whatever reason that year ESPN had a thing where "you" called the first lap of every race that year and they maintained that up until Japan where they obviously had to step in.

I have a real soft spot for ESPN commentary during the Senna/Prost years. They did a real good job.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
China race edit is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIOkmEBrzkE

Some dude is pumping his views by just openly hosting FOM's stuff. FOM needs to just get a decent youtube channel already, although with the news of how many major brands are dumping youtube because they think it's fine to have your expensive ad right next to some nutter ranting about Muslims, maybe youtube has done it's dash.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Tony Montana posted:

Does that mean the race with American commentators?

I'm sure me and all the Brits know it as Murray Walker yelling THIS IS INNNCREDIBLE

You can be sure as you want but I don't know it as that because that's completely not what he said

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Go run a Gooncar Vando. Geez

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah for whatever reason that year ESPN had a thing where "you" called the first lap of every race that year and they maintained that up until Japan where they obviously had to step in.

I have a real soft spot for ESPN commentary during the Senna/Prost years. They did a real good job.

I have a friend via twitter who has a lot of the :911: feeds and hooked me up with various 2000's era US GP (including 05 where Derek Daly calls the race a "COMPLETE FARCE"). I also asked him for some signature wins of Villeneuve, and Montoya.

I was really jonesing for 1978 Mario WDC races, and those apparently are quite rare, sadly. I kinda like the idea of hearing the "Star Spangled" banner on the podium because that concept seems beyond surreal to me. Closest I got was the race where Michael Andretti somehow got 3rd in Monza.

I've been trying to think of what other ESPN/US feeds of races I should ask for sometime. Any tips?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Tony Montana posted:

China race edit is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIOkmEBrzkE

Some dude is pumping his views by just openly hosting FOM's stuff. FOM needs to just get a decent youtube channel already, although with the news of how many major brands are dumping youtube because they think it's fine to have your expensive ad right next to some nutter ranting about Muslims, maybe youtube has done it's dash.

but they do now

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FuzzySkinner posted:

I have a friend via twitter who has a lot of the :911: feeds and hooked me up with various 2000's era US GP (including 05 where Derek Daly calls the race a "COMPLETE FARCE"). I also asked him for some signature wins of Villeneuve, and Montoya.

I was really jonesing for 1978 Mario WDC races, and those apparently are quite rare, sadly. I kinda like the idea of hearing the "Star Spangled" banner on the podium because that concept seems beyond surreal to me. Closest I got was the race where Michael Andretti somehow got 3rd in Monza.

I've been trying to think of what other ESPN/US feeds of races I should ask for sometime. Any tips?

I'm curious what a signature win by Are Jacques would look like. I've got the 78 season but I've only ever thrown on the Sweden race and it wasn't in english, I wouldn't bet on getting podium coverage since what is included in older races tends to vary.

Get the whole '90 season. The team ESPN had was really good. Can't remember the name of the guy in the pitlane but he was aces.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Basticle posted:

but they do now

theyve had that for quite a while. Nah, I mean you won't find that race edit on there. They still do this thing were some stuff goes to youtube and the 'premium content' like their race edits are hosted only on F1.com with their own player. I dunno why someone doesn't explain how much harder that makes stuff to share, and it's not like people are 'ripping it off' because there is only 1 F1 in the world. You can't embed the videos and lots of other stuff.. come on Liberty!

edit: I also think these edits would be great in the OP under each race. Easy way for new readers to catch up or send someone to the OP to remind them of something.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 16, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm curious what a signature win by Are Jacques would look like. I've got the 78 season but I've only ever thrown on the Sweden race and it wasn't in english, I wouldn't bet on getting podium coverage since what is included in older races tends to vary.

Get the whole '90 season. The team ESPN had was really good. Can't remember the name of the guy in the pitlane but he was aces.

Silverstone in '96, Interlagos, A1 Ring in '97, would be pretty big.

I always consider wins at places like Silverstone, Interlagos, Hockhenheim/Nurburgring, Monza, Suzuka, CGV, and Spa to kinda 'career" defining. (Past F1 venues like Watkins Glen, Long Beach are also kinda incredible for that from an American perspective on Formula racing)

John Bisignano was the guy in the pits.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
any of you cunts at the gingerman lemons??

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Wirth1000 posted:

Can someone help me figure precisely when this thread decided Bottas was actually some shitbox driver?

I was on the edge when he failed to assert any dominance over Felipe freaking Massa but it really clinched it for me when you said you liked him.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bottas always puts the car exactly where it's supposed to be, "solid second driver" would have been his role at any other top team, but the Mercs are so much faster than anyone else they can tell him to go for it for shits and giggles. I fear this pole is more about Lewis having a bad quali than the revelation that he was a genius all along.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Wirth1000 posted:

Can someone help me figure precisely when this thread decided Bottas was actually some shitbox driver?

An awful lot of posters here don't like to have dissenting opinions, so it's probably as simple as one idiot saying something dumb and lots piling on to agree

Combine that with never wanting to back down off a terrible opinion and here we are

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It's probably also somewhat their hatred for Lewis, because they'd rather Lewis face a driver that could beat him for pace in the same car (there aren't any), so Bottas needs to go because he's horrible and poo poo.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahahaha

Bottas beat lewis for pace last night. Where were you?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Tony please, we all know that's not true

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Lewis hosed the middle sector.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Bottas just pulled himself up by his bootstraps just like Reagan wanted him too.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
You guys missed the most important piece of news. We get the return of:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Can't wait for Bottas to have a nosebleed, flub the start, and end up in third by the first corner

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/Briatore/status/853183524014362625

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Im sure Horner will talk about this at large during is spot as SKY F1 RBR race director tm.

Also everyone should watch the F2 race. Yesterdays one was fun AF

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I said third by the first corner not thirst for a furred Horner

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

LemonParty.org

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Wirth1000 posted:

Bottas just pulled himself up by his bootstraps just like Reagan wanted him too.

Bottas stood on the shoulders of everyone before him and everyone around him to achieve his success, like any good modern team

Dubs fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 16, 2017

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

HJB posted:

I said third by the first corner not thirst for a furred Horner

:vince:

That's too good for this dumb thread

Who the gently caress put the race so late, I'm going to be up past midnight on a work night. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Just lol if you don't live in a country where A) the race is on at a relaxing 4pm and B) there's a bank holiday tomorrow.

• Locked thread