Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How is this a bad thing? Your dog didn't even get killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

RareAcumen posted:

How is this a bad thing? Your dog didn't even get killed.

More showing off that in the early game ghouls did not give one powdered ounce of a gently caress about any damage I could bring to the table.....

that and I want a robot buddy to go with my dog shaped buddy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Feonir posted:

More showing off that in the early game ghouls did not give one powdered ounce of a gently caress about any damage I could bring to the table.....

Oh. I've never played a Fallout game so I thought that was how all the enemies reacted and big changes to how they attacked come from V.A.T.Sing the limbs. Never really knew they staggered or stumbled if you shot them with strong enough weapons.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

im pooping! posted:

vats the ghouls in the leg and they collapse and stop walking. this too works for things like radscorpions and deathclaws

Honestly the best technique. And the only reason I allow Glowing Ones to do their thing, because crippled Ghouls that are resurrected will stand in place and look around like the idiot bitches they are.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I enjoy the dirt games and have just stared dirt 3. You unlock new liveries based on reputation points, which is fine. Every team has a bonus condition to get extra reputation which is kind of neat, except each team rewards differing amounts, and one is always over 2k when the rest are 700ish. There's no way to check what the reward condition is before loading the event.

Also, gymkhana blows and shouldn't be in the game. Drift barely gets a pass.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Yooka-Laylee:

SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SHUT THE gently caress UP ALREADY

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Feonir posted:

Robot buddy DLC is only $10, purchase today gamer.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Inco posted:

Yooka-Laylee:

SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SPROING SHUT THE gently caress UP ALREADY

Is that a flower with an independently sapient stamen

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Inco posted:

Yooka-Laylee:

Yooka-Laylee goes to some darker spots than I thought it might.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Somfin posted:

Is that a flower with an independently sapient stamen

it's like those parasites that eat off a fish's tongue to replace it.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Uninstalled Dark Souls SotFS during Iron Keep. I died 3 times on Smelter Demon and then just couldn't bring myself to go through the level again. I was pretty sure I knew how to beat it and would have the next time but I just didn't want to. It was the 2nd time I'd died that many times to a boss in this game and it was too much for me to do the runback, especially in this zone. The whole game I was constantly thinking why am I playing this? I've died more to individual bosses in other Souls game than I have entirely in DS2 but every death felt way worse because the content I had to repeat was so much worse. I can beat the encounters with little problem, but the biggest difficulty was just not wanting to. I didn't want to learn the Heide Knight attacks for instance because I felt like they were just bad. Just of a quality completely unworthy of putting effort into learning. The Aeld Knights? There are 15 of them on the way to the Smelter Demon. Fifteen. You can't run past them. You can't proactively attack them 99% of the time in melee. You have to pull them one by one unless you wanna get gangbanged by fast aggressive and strong enemies. Their moveset is easy enough to figure out on the first one. But you have to fight fifteen of them to get to one boss. There are more of them elsewhere on the level too. What? Why?

Like... I literally felt offended that the developers would make this game and entice me to play it by labelling it as a Souls game. I don't think I've ever had a more visceral hatred and disdain for a game. I uninstalled the game 2 days ago and decided to sit on this post for a couple days to get space but I still feel disgusted by it.

I know other people like it but for me it's just intolerable.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah, SOTFS really hosed up on the placement with the iron keep. it's incredibly aggressive throughout that first whole part, and gently caress, its about the only place i've been invaded outside of the bell towers.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

spit on my clit posted:

yeah, SOTFS really hosed up on the placement with the iron keep. it's incredibly aggressive throughout that first whole part, and gently caress, its about the only place i've been invaded outside of the bell towers.

Some people are assholes and invade in really tricky difficult places.

Man I hope they remaster Dark Souls 1 soon so I can do Tomb and Sen's invasions again...

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Also hbomberguy needs to not read my mind and grief me personally.

He just uploaded a video defending DS2 if you like wrong opinions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig

EDIT: And then he mentions how SotFS is probably not a good standalone thing and is extra frustrating and maybe only good for people who already love DS2. Man... I am not dropping money on DS2 classic to find out whether I would actually like it unless it goes deep deep deep sale. But SotFS being a gently caress you, you think you hot extra challenge version after playing the first might have even made SotFS tolerable. gently caress Iron Keep still, but if I hadn't been so annoyed at the rest of it I might have had enough goodwill left to burn through that stage.

Futuresight has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Apr 16, 2017

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Smelter Demon has forever been the run breaker. It is just too much for some folk.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Feonir posted:

Smelter Demon has forever been the run breaker. It is just too much for some folk.

For me its the area immediately after. The boss run is just way too long.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

MiddleOne posted:

You missed a bonfire.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Smelter demon is optional as long as you're willing to run through a belltower I think? I died to it twice because the dot effect killed me after I killed it, but that didn't count. I ground out the alonne knights until they stopped respawning because gently caress that run.

MiddleOne posted:

To the old iron king? I didn't think that one was too bad aside from the ladders, but I got the boss on my second or third try.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

You missed a bonfire.

So I've been told. I didn't find it on my first playthrough. :v:

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

Futuresight posted:

Uninstalled Dark Souls SotFS during Iron Keep. I died 3 times on Smelter Demon and then just couldn't bring myself to go through the level again. I was pretty sure I knew how to beat it and would have the next time but I just didn't want to. It was the 2nd time I'd died that many times to a boss in this game and it was too much for me to do the runback, especially in this zone. The whole game I was constantly thinking why am I playing this? I've died more to individual bosses in other Souls game than I have entirely in DS2 but every death felt way worse because the content I had to repeat was so much worse. I can beat the encounters with little problem, but the biggest difficulty was just not wanting to. I didn't want to learn the Heide Knight attacks for instance because I felt like they were just bad. Just of a quality completely unworthy of putting effort into learning. The Aeld Knights? There are 15 of them on the way to the Smelter Demon. Fifteen. You can't run past them. You can't proactively attack them 99% of the time in melee. You have to pull them one by one unless you wanna get gangbanged by fast aggressive and strong enemies. Their moveset is easy enough to figure out on the first one. But you have to fight fifteen of them to get to one boss. There are more of them elsewhere on the level too. What? Why?

Like... I literally felt offended that the developers would make this game and entice me to play it by labelling it as a Souls game. I don't think I've ever had a more visceral hatred and disdain for a game. I uninstalled the game 2 days ago and decided to sit on this post for a couple days to get space but I still feel disgusted by it.

Honestly I would rather just do The Jump to bypass most of the nonsense on the Smelter run. Run right by all those assholes. Way faster even if it takes a couple tries.

(The Jump being this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SGQ40NjZ0E)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Futuresight posted:

Coincidentally, that's kinda how I feel about every Dark Souls game. :v:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I really wasn't feeling the Ringed City. I know I missed an NPC story so I lost some context to the setting but it really just felt like they drew from the same well one too many times in this one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Futuresight posted:

I just kicked them all off into the lava.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe got released not even a week ago as a free promotional (?) game for Kirby's 20th anniversary. Neat, cool, Kirby games are generally always fun when you're playing as a non-gimmick Kirby that isn't a ball or something. And I get to have a Kirby game on my 3DS too for no cost to myself. Bonus!

So I start playing the game and man what a let down. For one, the drat thing's a 'Free-to-start' game- which is a new term for me- and has microtransactions and a number of points you have to keep high enough to continue playing the game. (If you don't have enough Vigor for a mission, you can't do it, unless you pay more currency to refill it!) All the microtransactions are to buy more in-game money, and the only way to get more of it besides missions is to just sit and wait 12 hours for your chance to get another five apples. But hey, if you buy 100 apples the tree will get bigger and give you more apples next harvest! I've only made it to unlocking rank 6 weapons and armor in the shop and everything at that point costs 50 apples. So that's 5 days to buy an item from zero. And so much of the game takes your money. Unlocking Ordeals to continue the game, unlocking extra missions, adding another 30 seconds in fights- they all give you two and a half minutes- refilling your vigor, buying weapons, armor and support items, bleh.

I really wish it was just a simple little game to blow through in a couple hours than have all this obnoxious microtransaction stuff in the way.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Wow nintendo is really hopping whole hog in on the mobile games thing then, huh?

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Scholar is like a gaiden version of the base game and has very hostile design. I have seen the normal version of DaS2 at Gamestops near me for like $10 so if you like the series and still want to give it a shot then I'd say go for it. The placement of enemies and consideration for bonfire runs is far easier in the vanilla game.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Glukeose posted:

Scholar is like a gaiden version of the base game and has very hostile design. I have seen the normal version of DaS2 at Gamestops near me for like $10 so if you like the series and still want to give it a shot then I'd say go for it. The placement of enemies and consideration for bonfire runs is far easier in the vanilla game.

Unfortunately I don't think that works for steam version. Plus that means shrine of amana classic, doesn't it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Wow nintendo is really hopping whole hog in on the mobile games thing then, huh?

I mean, from what I've seen, there's still another two actual AAA Kirby games being worked on that'll be released soon enough. But this one is just frustrating. And it really blows because I'm down with the concept for the most part. It's all a boss rush of you and three other Kirbys working to take out one extremely powerful enemy and there's stats and upgrading weapons and damage numbers! But then you've got no way to generate money beyond missions.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

ilmucche posted:

Unfortunately I don't think that works for steam version. Plus that means shrine of amana classic, doesn't it?

Nah, Amana has been patched thoroughly since the game's initial release. God, gently caress that place so hard though.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

ds2 is the only souls game ive beaten and i recall having the most trouble with velstadt who everyone says is very easy

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Feonir posted:

My favorite part of that fight is when his attack clips you into the geometry and you become permanently stuck, longing for the sweet release of death

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Scholar of the First Sin edition is the Japanese Mario Brothers 2 of Dark Souls.

Its a rom hack in terms of adjustments and design choices.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I'll always remember getting to the end of Turtle Avenue in Giant Forest in SotFS, turning around, and having 3-4 of the fuckers just inexplicably rain down on me from the sky.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Well I just finished the Honest hearts DLC for new vegas for the first time and well......that was pretty poo poo,i was just starting to enjoy it then I realised i'd seen basically everything on the map and it was basically over a mission or two after :[ crap ending as well.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Did you fight or evacuate from the valley?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
My first playthrough of Honest Hearts I shot the NPC that dives into the horde of tribals at the very beginning and blew his head off, and this made virtually every character in the map completely hostile and ended almost all the quests before I could even start them. Thank god for save rotating

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Glukeose posted:

Nah, Amana has been patched thoroughly since the game's initial release. God, gently caress that place so hard though.

I really liked Amana and think Scholar's enemy placements are better than the basic's but yeah. People who say it's a romhack are totally right.

ilmucche posted:

Getting the base game doesn't give you Scholar's enemy placements, if that's what you mean. It does, however, give you the base game's lighting engine which looks kind of bad if you care about that.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sunswipe posted:

Did you fight or evacuate from the valley?

Did the fight first, didn't like that decision (also was incredibly uneventful and boring) so went with evacuation which was mildly better but still boring, least my rewards were cool.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Jesus 2B, you're an Android built for combat. Stop stumbling over every rock on the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Did the fight first, didn't like that decision (also was incredibly uneventful and boring) so went with evacuation which was mildly better but still boring, least my rewards were cool.

Really convenient they just leave everything in a box at the end. Saves you the trouble of having to reverse pickpocket everybody.
Personally I do like the fight ending better though - as long as I can pass the final speech check anyways.