Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
i was disappointed with dark souls 2 when i first played it. i thought the areas were uninteresting and there was something about the lighting that made the whole game seem cheap. i finished it and never bothered with getting the dlc. then, just before the release of scholar of the first sin, i went back to it and thought, hey, this game is kind of okay. i wound up getting scholar and playing through with a bunch of different character builds. fume knight is my best friend now

didn't really like that hbomberman video very much, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm pretty far in the video and its all just a bunch of head canon about what the developers were thinking and using that as basis for why its good that a thing is the way it is.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The journey from the throne room at the top of the Queen's castle down to King Vendrick's tomb is my favorite part in all Souls games. Also Dark Souls 2 had the best DLC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Propaganda Hour posted:

The journey from the throne room at the top of the Queen's castle down to King Vendrick's tomb is my favorite part in all Souls games. Also Dark Souls 2 had the best DLC.

bloodborne

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Propaganda Hour posted:

I think the main parts of each Dark Souls 2 DLC are excellent, though Cave of the Dead and the Frigid Outskirts are both super lovely.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Looper posted:

smh if you didn't have at least a small soapstone sign down at all times

The Small Soapstone was great and I was sad they took it out of DS3.

E: The worst part about DS2's DLC was them releasing all of it and then releasing SotFS as a separate game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Small Soapstone was great and I was sad they took it out of DS3.

E: The worst part about DS2's DLC was them releasing all of it and then releasing SotFS as a separate game.

actually thats good since you can play ds2 without 500 identical pursuer fights

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Raxivace posted:

I think the main parts of each Dark Souls 2 DLC are excellent, though Cave of the Dead and the Frigid Outskirts are both super lovely.

Those are both co-op areas and From definitely did a lovely job explaining that to players. They're insanely frustrating and unfun solo

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
People usually say DS2 had the best online. The only online part of any of the Dark Souls I enjoy is the message system. If I could play all of them offline and still see the messages I would

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

If we're talking about people from a million years ago bring back Martin random

free black baby goku

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

corn in the bible posted:

actually thats good since you can play ds2 without 500 identical pursuer fights

they should replace forlorn invaders with pursuer imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Propaganda Hour posted:

fighting the Frozen King with a full squad of co-op buddies is the best

NuttO posted:

they should replace forlorn invaders with pursuer imo

yeah they really should've picked one or the other

Poops Mcgoots posted:

free black baby goku

nah

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
hbomb is very stux-ian to me, insomuch that he's usually funny and usually right but on the other hand also an rear end in a top hat but also on the impossible third hand I enjoy him. And then on the fourth and also impossible hand that doesn't apply to stux, that was a lovely thing he did to FAK. Now gonna watch this ridiculous 80 minute video about a game I hold no strong opinions on.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bloodychill posted:

hbomb is very stux-ian to me, insomuch that he's usually funny and usually right but on the other hand also an rear end in a top hat but also on the impossible third hand I enjoy him. And then on the fourth and also impossible hand that doesn't apply to stux, that was a lovely thing he did to FAK. Now gonna watch this ridiculous 80 minute video about a game I hold no strong opinions on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR2yBX7jtU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's one of those where it's japanese and it's pretty good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

He makes alright videos but is an insufferable poster

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Andrast posted:

He makes alright videos but is an insufferable poster

I thought he posted in a BanMe thread?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I got Havel's Ring and my no-shield build has turned into a truck build.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I wanna like Gravity Rush 2 because it's a cute, pretty game but I just don't. It's aggravating because the first game deserved a sequel that would've polished everything that worked and cut what didn't but instead their approach was just "Let's make it way bigger and longer but still just as jank if not more"

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Re: Nier. I somehow didn't realize it was a sequel lol. I thought it was like Final Fantasy and wasn't directly connected...

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I also beat persona and on the super easiest difficulty it still took me 70 hours

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Slime-san's first world is fun and doable and I really like it!

Second world, oh lordy. I can still do these but they're actual focused efforts.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Oh good, Peter Moore is gone.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Actually rather than get around to finishing sidequests I just went ahead and replayed the whole final Nier:A chapter because gently caress it and yeah, I think I'm growing to like it more and more for what it is. The "acting" in a lot of the scenes is just :stare:, things like 9S gurgling/sobbing in his own blood for a good 30 seconds leave a real loving strong impression.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Grapplejack posted:

Losing gaming friends / internet friends is always a terrible thing, since a lot of the times you just never know. They just sign off one day and... That's it. :( We've all had friends just leave. Most of the time we hope they just got really into real life, but...
I managed to stop a longtime online friend and goon, Micnato, from killing himself at least temporarily, he told me he was planning on going out into the woods with a rifle and eating a bullet deep in the wilderness where nobody would find his body for a long time. He said he got help, but then told me that he is insistent on ending his own life. He hasn't been on Steam or posted on SA in at least two years. I am pretty sure he did it. I would like to ask a mod if they can ask an SA staffer to check for me since I was told they are able to track down people in emergencies, just so I know one way or the other since I think about him from time to time and he is basically Schroedinger's Micnato for me now

Maybe don't read this if you get depressed by seeing other people be so insistently suicidal, but he had some trouble.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3262344&pagenumber=215&perpage=40#post409501700

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
On a lighter note, Noclip put out the Spelunky documentary and it's wonderful, it's great to get the background on the game and all aspects of it.

Clocks in at a whopping 58 and a half minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv434Xyybqc&hd=1

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nina posted:

I wanna like Gravity Rush 2 because it's a cute, pretty game but I just don't. It's aggravating because the first game deserved a sequel that would've polished everything that worked and cut what didn't but instead their approach was just "Let's make it way bigger and longer but still just as jank if not more"

Same. Its my most disappointing purchase this year

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I love the third from the left. If I ever get a chance to play etrian odyssey V, there is no way I'm not choosing that art.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

On a lighter note, Noclip put out the Spelunky documentary and it's wonderful, it's great to get the background on the game and all aspects of it.

Clocks in at a whopping 58 and a half minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv434Xyybqc

This is actually the conclusion to a series of videos NoClip did about mysteries, and the games that had them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2g_0QQRjYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlverBrf8Hs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC1rRdo0TbM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSdvIRkkDY

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

I love the third from the left. If I ever get a chance to play etrian odyssey V, there is no way I'm not choosing that art.

Double Amputee Fist Fighter, looks like an interesting class to play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

raditts posted:

Double Amputee Fist Fighter, looks like an interesting class to play.

Okay good, I wasn't the only one weirded out by the lack of legs. These drawings are really bad.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
These Shovel Knight playing cards looks pretty cool, even if I hardly ever play regular cards anymore.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
http://i.imgur.com/2NOMb54.mp4

I said come in! posted:

Okay good, I wasn't the only one weirded out by the lack of legs. These drawings are really bad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rexroom posted:

These Shovel Knight playing cards looks pretty cool, even if I hardly ever play regular cards anymore.

Wtf, King Knight isn't the King...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft released an image of the developer kit prototype of the Project Scorpio. It has 24GB of DDR5 RAM, 1TB SSD, and a 1TB regular HDD.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

It's because ingame they're boxed into real small battle portraits at ds resolution anyway

Motto fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 16, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

Microsoft released an image of the developer kit prototype of the Project Scorpio. It has 24GB of DDR5 RAM, 1TB SSD, and a 1TB regular HDD.

And just like the final consumer version, it has no games :grin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

And just like the final consumer version, it has no games :grin:

To make up for this Microsoft has designed the system to where it can automatically render all current Xbox One games in native 4K and ideally 60fps.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I don't know anything about that stuff, is that a big difference compared to a PS4

What about gaming PCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know anything about that stuff, is that a big difference compared to a PS4

What about gaming PCs

The retail version of the Scorpio is going to have 12gb of DDR5 RAM, that would put it in line with the super high-end gaming PCs.

• Locked thread