Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Plus MLS players (and professional athletes in general) are screened much more frequently and thoroughly than the average joe, so they'd actually catch those kinds of things more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
So Tim Howard has been suspended for the next three games for "inappropriate fan interaction" on Sunday at KC.

My reaction:

🤦‍♂️

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

So Tim Howard has been suspended for the next three games for "inappropriate fan interaction" on Sunday at KC.

My reaction:

🤦‍♂️

It's the only way that MacMath can even play. Well, that or if Howard gets injured.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBoyBlunder posted:

My reaction:

🤦‍♂️

So if a fan yells at you and you tell him to gently caress off you get suspended. Does the fan also get a stadium ban?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao good lad

https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/status/853225263735250944

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If he had used the MLS approved family friendly words he wouldn't be suspended. Should have said "I dooped your mother" instead.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
So having Tourette's is a crime now?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Shrapnig posted:

So if a fan yells at you and you tell him to gently caress off you get suspended. Does the fan also get a stadium ban?

Wasn't there some sort of altercation with the KC fans caught on security video? I read someone mentioning that but nobody's released the video so who the gently caress knows?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
So apparently Howard got into trouble mainly because he grabbed a fan in the tunnel post game. Well ok that's a bit much, but it begs the question why the gently caress does SKC allow fans in the tunnel at all. TBH I'd give him 1 game for what he did and I'd kick all the rich assholes out of the tunnel.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Simone Poodoin posted:

If he had used the MLS approved family friendly words he wouldn't be suspended. Should have said "I dooped your mother" instead.

Come on, go for the Clue reference.

"I schtupped your mother"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
All-Star Game is against Real Madrid.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Seltzer posted:

So apparently Howard got into trouble mainly because he grabbed a fan in the tunnel post game. Well ok that's a bit much, but it begs the question why the gently caress does SKC allow fans in the tunnel at all. TBH I'd give him 1 game for what he did and I'd kick all the rich assholes out of the tunnel.

The players' union seems to agree with you.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Those fans are douchebags and Howard should be banned for 0 games for telling them to gently caress off. Having a physical altercation with someone in the tunnel is a different story though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm glad Timmy said something if only because the best the KC fans could come up with is "Go back to Colorado."

No poo poo rear end in a top hat, it's an away game. I'm sure that the players are thrilled to be in Kansas loving City. If they could just teleport away from flyover hell ten seconds after the final whistle they would.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I know I'm quite happy to live in the Denver area as opposed to KC. Clearly Timmy should've said Puto, since they can't do a drat thing about that. :v:

Can't say I'm too bothered by the suspension though, MacMath is good enough and Timmy shouldn't be playing every game anyway, might as well give him a break after that stinker.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Where was security to control the fans? How were fans allowed to get close enough for a physical interaction?

I'm not going to say Howard didn't deserve something for his actions but the security was NON-EXISTENT. The fans who were involved need to be punished as well.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
But we can all agree that the Rapids loving suck and we should be ashamed to be fans of this team.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Star Man posted:

But we can all agree that the Rapids loving suck and we should be ashamed to be fans of this team.

If this year continues this way, then I wholeheartedly agree.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

If this year continues this way, then I wholeheartedly agree.

You won't have to wait long. It's the Rapids, not the Sounders.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Soccer fans, especially members of Supporter's groups, deserve abuse IMO. They are, generally speaking, really embarrassing and hugely annoying.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Yes, better to be joyless and disdainful of everything, quietly annoyed by all you see

I know D.C. is a miserable place to be these days but sheesh dude

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Soccer fans, especially members of Supporter's groups, deserve abuse IMO. They are, generally speaking, really embarrassing and hugely annoying.

I mean a lot of supporter group members can be obnoxious blowhards but lol good to see shammy is still a miserable bastard.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
he's actually right though

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

XyrlocShammypants posted:

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
One interesting storyline happening over in Dallas is that Jesse Gonzalez, after giving up nine goals in his first two starts last season and being promptly benched, has quietly worked his way back into Oscar Pareja's good graces and has recorded 9 clean sheets in his last 20 starts. (It would have been 10 in his last 20 but for that 94th-minute equalizer in San Jose on Friday night.) It seems we have an actual battle for the #1 position on our hands.

In our beginning of season writeup, I also brought up Javi Morales, who has only just gotten around to making his first league start. The team looked pretty good without him, but he also scored a goal on Friday, so whatever man. I'd rather give 17-year-old Paxton Pomykal a few more looks and see if he's as good as the hype, but that's just me.

There's only so much bad you can say about a team that's sitting two points out of first in the league with two games in hand (and without Mauro Diaz). Dallas has been playing really well lately, and except for late breakdowns at Pachuca and San Jose, pretty much everything has gone according to plan.

HobbesDurden
Nov 7, 2011

Go ahead, Cornelius,
you can cry.

joshtothemaxx posted:

I mean a lot of supporter group members can be obnoxious blowhards but lol good to see shammy is still a miserable bastard.

Having sat with the Sounders supporter section in Vancouver last Friday, I can only agree it shaded ECS for the worst for me. I just wanted to go and watch the game being played.

TheNakedJimbo posted:

One interesting storyline happening over in Dallas is that Jesse Gonzalez, after giving up nine goals in his first two starts last season and being promptly benched, has quietly worked his way back into Oscar Pareja's good graces and has recorded 9 clean sheets in his last 20 starts. (It would have been 10 in his last 20 but for that 94th-minute equalizer in San Jose on Friday night.) It seems we have an actual battle for the #1 position on our hands.

I really like Jesse Gonzalez, I hope he continues to deliver for Dallas.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jack Mac signed with the Galaxy, I didn't even realize he had been cut by the Timbers.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

binge crotching posted:

Jack Mac signed with the Galaxy, I didn't even realize he had been cut by the Timbers.

Countdown to Jack Mac and Jack Mc starting together

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Won't be as bad as Donovan/Dunivant at least.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

LA Galaxy was so jealous of Wondo they got the MLS store brand version.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Atlanta were successful in appealing Pirez's red card against Montreal, so he'll be available against RSL.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

LA Galaxy was so jealous of Wondo they got the MLS store brand version.

Wondo is the MLS store brand version so LA got like the Aldi store brand version, and the can was dented so they got another 30% off.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This weeks installment of people being retarded around Schweini:

https://twitter.com/egehrig16/status/855212354195292162

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Wondo is the MLS store brand version so LA got like the Aldi store brand version, and the can was dented so they got another 30% off.

https://twitter.com/BenBaer89/status/854848112283848704

Edit: oops, this was already posted in the game day thread. No matter; enjoy it again.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Paddyb posted:

This weeks installment of people being retarded around Schweini:

https://twitter.com/egehrig16/status/855212354195292162

dude is probably relieved that he's not being swamped, in all honesty

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Do over Ham posted:

Edit: oops, this was already posted in the game day thread. No matter; enjoy it again.

Doesn't stop being funny, so I think it's okay.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Do over Ham posted:

This still makes me happy to see

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
NFL schedules came out yesterday and there's only 2 days when the Galaxy and their new second-class roommates will be at StubHub on the same weekend (Sept 17/18, Sept 30/Oct 1). It looks like there won't be any problems for the playoffs either unless the Galaxy wind up hosting the final as the Chargers are at home on Dec 10, which is probably when the final will take place.

As much as I'd like to see the Galaxy use their primary tenant status to force the NFL to reschedule a game, gently caress having them in the finals insha'allah.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I must have missed where the Chargers are playing this season in a stadium smaller than almost every major Division 1 college football team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The NFL is collapsing in upon itself in a wave of gently caress The NFL.

We did it guys.

• Locked thread