Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Setzer is some kind of ridiculous chainer or chain finisher iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I know that Trance Terra is basically the most powerful magic user in the game, but are any of those others particularly good?

Setzer is decent IIRC.

6* Terra gets access to dualcast/meteor/chaos wave but you have to use a 3 round buff first. 6* Kefka gets a pair of AOE abilities but unless they get enhancements they aren't going to be anything special.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Setzer amusingly has the same altema unit rating as Trance Terra at 93. non-trance Terra requires buffing to be a slightly weaker version of her base 5 self and does get arise if you want someone aside from your healer with a revive ability. She also gets aoe Dispelga and an aoe esuna skill for some additional support. Kefka gets some dodge and counter skills and a good aoe damaging ability but is even squishier then exdeath and thus will die at the first round of any serious trials.

Trance Terra will technically be the best mage until Emperor and Dark Fina get enchancements, then all 3 are considered about on the same level.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Well doesn't this just figure. I finally broke down and sold a shitton of Fryevia moogles in a desperate need to clear out slot spaces, and what just happened? I pulled Fryevia. Of course I did.

Oh well, maybe I'll fish out a few more before the event is over and at least get her started?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Setzer is some kind of ridiculous chainer or chain finisher iirc

Okay so, should you go for Setzer?

Setzer has pretty good stats. Not a great weapon selection (daggers, swords, thrown), but he has, according to the math, a fantastic loving TM, even if its entire gimmick is that it's high variance. If you're not willing to rely on Luck, Setzer is not your guy.

So what does he bring to the table?

1) Decent attack, thanks to +20% attack and +50% ATK while using a thrown weapon, and a base 10% dodge chance if you want to stack quick assaults and d20 on him.
2) A 180% AOE 7 hit physical attack, and a 320% ST 10 hit physical attack. Unless for some reason the timing is really awkward, this means that he is a 4 star chainsaw.
3) A 180% AOE 1 hit physical attack with 2 random status effects (all 30% capped with 100% petrify). This is literally Fire Flask without being hybrid and without an innate element.
4) Double Dice, an attack with even odds of doing (I think these are the numbers) 777, 5555, 7777, 55555, 77777 flat damage, ignoring defense. This means he is a high variance but powerful chainsaw finisher who does not care in the least about high defense.

His limit break, unfortunately, is 'merely' an AOE 270-390% 9 hit AOE phys with 50% defense ignore.

He is almost certainly not as good, in a general sense, as Rikku, who replaces his big finisher with being an incredible support, but she does have her fire flask locked away behind a preparatory skill, and also we don't know when we're going to get her. If the timing works out on the chainsaw, he is probably going to be pretty fantastic, especially if you happen to have farmed a rising sun or three back when Locke and Cloud were the hotness.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'll 1/2 pull, but no tickets or 11 pulls.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So I learned that this is a thing thanks to Reddit:

https://mnpaulson.github.io/

Anybody have any experience using this to make your own macros? If it works as good as advertised, we may want to add it to the OP somewhere.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
His name was mn paulson

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
10th gold was a charm and finally got Zon and cleared 20 unit slots. Now I can start saving the 300 lapis tickets for something better.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ok, I tested the macro generator and it works really good. Make sure you up the delay between turns to 25 or 30 seconds to be safe, especially if you have units that can counterattack. Otherwise it reduced my 4 bears macro almost in half. Much more efficient.

It takes me four turns to beat that dungeon, I have to kill the bears in two turns to be safe. For the first two turns, I have Xon waylay first before everybody AOE's. Then when I get to the bears, I have it just hit the repeat button since Xon will get a waylay off before anybody can kill a bear, even if he goes last in the turn order for whatever reason.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I was really hoping that today would be the day that my 1/2 pull would give me my Fryevia so I can spend some of the 45 moogles for her TM that I have for her. Instead I got Bedile'd. I think it's a sign to give up on this event. I'll just have to be happy with my 11 Aidens.

Back on topic, when is Setzer coming out?

Does the macro builder chain at all?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Is there any point in leveling and awakening the second Ariana I got from the event? I think it said you'd get lapis for awkanening one, but it sounded like only one?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The first event said you'd get Lapis and rewards if YOU had a 6* Ariana, but this one says the rewards are given out based on how many Ariana's the COMMUNITY awakens, so you might not actually have to do anything. I'm getting the 2nd one to 6* anyway though, and crafting her a 2nd set of unique equipment, mostly because it won't use any extra slots, and getting the notes takes less time than her awakening mats anyway, so why not.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

McSpankWich posted:

The first event said you'd get Lapis and rewards if YOU had a 6* Ariana, but this one says the rewards are given out based on how many Ariana's the COMMUNITY awakens, so you might not actually have to do anything. I'm getting the 2nd one to 6* anyway though, and crafting her a 2nd set of unique equipment, mostly because it won't use any extra slots, and getting the notes takes less time than her awakening mats anyway, so why not.

Actually her awakening mats don't take much at all. I got the mats for 5 and 6* in one day farming the first stage of the event.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Is there any point in leveling and awakening the second Ariana I got from the event? I think it said you'd get lapis for awkanening one, but it sounded like only one?

I squished her right into the other dumb rabbit I won't ever use.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I did the same, but I have actually found use for her in very niche situations.

Edit: hours later

Just took out Antonella, and it was actually pretty straightforward to my surprise

COD w/ plant killer + dual weild (kind of a waste because she was more debuff and cleanse)
Cecil as curaga master and LB buff
Rain as breaker with Odin
Ysholta as the jack of magic trades with protectga and curaga while occasionally tossing in stone then wind magic
Snow as the focus of most of the attacks. He got MP stripped early...so what, he was the bait
Orlandeau friend, 900+ attk: no explain needed.

Aura ball, undermine, pro + shell, punch, slash, divine fireworks, then cleanse status effects, rinse, repeat after a few rounds of straight damage. Easy peasy. Only used 2 MP restores, 1 for Cecil and one for Orlandeau after his MP got to 35

ALMOST got the esper kill on the first time but shot my wad about 1% too early. So what, still got the mace.

Guess two-headed is next up. Now to research extensively and fret about it.

hagie fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 17, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I've pulled 6 Xon's, enough Aiden's+moogles for 3 vestments and I have 31 Fry moogles but no Fry after like 65 pulls. :negative:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

suuma posted:

I've pulled 6 Xon's, enough Aiden's+moogles for 3 vestments and I have 31 Fry moogles but no Fry after like 65 pulls. :negative:

I've pulled one Aiden, 0 Xon's, 0 Freyvia's, sooooo...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

I've pulled one Aiden, 0 Xon's, 0 Freyvia's, sooooo...

Is your dodge Lightning still your friend unit? I just got my dodge Lightning TMs done and I want to 5-person it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

suuma posted:

Also have gotten 6 Xons, and a like number of Aidens, but have gotten barely any moogles for either so nowhere near either TM.

No Fry still. I'm holding on to 20 moogles and am selling the rest, just hoping to some day get her.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

The compensation lapis pushed me over 5k so let's waste it all! ...Wait, is that a rainbow? Why hello there Fryevia!

So now that I have a chainer, would you guys rather I set her up as a friend unit or keep my dodgetank Noctis?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Mr. Swoon posted:

The compensation lapis pushed me over 5k so let's waste it all! ...Wait, is that a rainbow? Why hello there Fryevia!

So now that I have a chainer, would you guys rather I set her up as a friend unit or keep my dodgetank Noctis?

Grats man! Personally I prefer Noctis, fire flask is clutch for so many fights

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Been a busy weekend.

Knocked out Annotella last night.

Got brave and took on the Two-Headed Dragon.

Said gently caress it and went after Ion. Holy hell was that a slog.

Got my Thorned Mace, Demon Mail, and Grand Helm. Now I have to craft up a shitload more Ethers, sad that I used up my Chocolate stash.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

Been a busy weekend.

Knocked out Annotella last night.

Got brave and took on the Two-Headed Dragon.

Said gently caress it and went after Ion. Holy hell was that a slog.

Got my Thorned Mace, Demon Mail, and Grand Helm. Now I have to craft up a shitload more Ethers, sad that I used up my Chocolate stash.

If you do the daily colosseum quests eventually you get to the final S rank where you can craft the blood sword. When the sword is done, you can get a mega ether for each boss kill on S--1, they add up over time. I wouldn't waste orbs on it though, only when there's a daily quest for 3 colosseum kills.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Blood Sword was obtained a while back

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I went nuts and whaled out this weekend...

... on unit slots. I have 500 now. I kind of want to just unlock the other 500 for 10k lapis so I don't have to worry about unit management for a while.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wanted to commemorate my 10 mildo gil stash before enhancements eat it.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
You're gated by crysts anyways so it's all meaningless.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Will be interesting to see how much Crysts cost and how many are avaiable from the King Mog Events in the future.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Running the vortex just to get the crysts to upgrade Lightning's dodge skill, and Area Blast, has been loving painful.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

... on unit slots. I have 500 now. I kind of want to just unlock the other 500 for 10k lapis so I don't have to worry about unit management for a while.

:eyepop:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Notwithstanding the fact that I've farmed something close to a million eggs so far from this event, boy has this event been a boon to catchup leveling. Y'Shtola, Minfilia, & Yon all taken from scratch to max awakened and level 100 purely from all of the Cactaurs coming from the gacha. And I still have 25 King Cactaurs in storage for future units.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Running the vortex just to get the crysts to upgrade Lightning's dodge skill, and Area Blast, has been loving painful.

Yeah I decided it wasn't worth it for Lightning, gonna wait for something better. I did buy all the stuff from egg vendor dude in anticipation.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

AegisP posted:

Notwithstanding the fact that I've farmed something close to a million eggs so far from this event, boy has this event been a boon to catchup leveling. Y'Shtola, Minfilia, & Yon all taken from scratch to max awakened and level 100 purely from all of the Cactaurs coming from the gacha. And I still have 25 King Cactaurs in storage for future units.

I'm shocked that they didn't neuter the exp in the Ifrit/Siren adv trial.

240k exp for 10 NRG, thank you! I have a dozen king cactuars saved because anyone I'd spend them on has been spent on power leveling them in the trial instead.

I need the king mog event to come around again because right now I'm gated by awakening materials.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

I need the king mog event to come around again because right now I'm gated by awakening materials.

Should be next week, we usually find out Tuesday morning what the new event is. It's expected to be FF6.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

I'm shocked that they didn't neuter the exp in the Ifrit/Siren adv trial.

240k exp for 10 NRG, thank you! I have a dozen king cactuars saved because anyone I'd spend them on has been spent on power leveling them in the trial instead.

I am in a similar boat. But I can't do the Dark Event yet...

Step 1 will be Minfillia, then probably Seven. Then I will wait until the next Mog event and do another 2, then another yadda yadda.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I've done a minimum 250k eggs a day since the event started. I'm pretty sure I can run the invincible interior blindfolded at this point. I need 3-4 more burst pots and I'll probably be done. I'm sitting on 100 giant cactaurs and 35 king mini whatevers. I'm at 1700+ unused megacites. Please send help.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Is your dodge Lightning still your friend unit? I just got my dodge Lightning TMs done and I want to 5-person it.

Yeah, as a general rule of thumb she'll always be up, probably my most useful friend unit. :/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hamsystem posted:

I've done a minimum 250k eggs a day since the event started. I'm pretty sure I can run the invincible interior blindfolded at this point. I need 3-4 more burst pots and I'll probably be done. I'm sitting on 100 giant cactaurs and 35 king mini whatevers. I'm at 1700+ unused megacites. Please send help.

I've gottem Olive up to LB15 so far. I've had a 500k or so egg drought on LB pots and it suuuuuucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've gottem Olive up to LB15 so far. I've had a 500k or so egg drought on LB pots and it suuuuuucks.

I started out pretty great, got Noctis maxed out and Cecil at 21/25 but I haven't seen one in awhile either.

• Locked thread