Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

There was an EO that literally did this. God drat

Ed balls probably knows this and he is British.

Democrats are loving morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Agronox posted:

lol no, it's the opposite. it costs them like $1.00 of hosting to display $0.80 of ads. and that's BEFORE they pay salaries for their salespeople, tech guys, executives, etc.

their cost structure is hilarious. it's probably because they outsource everything to AWS and google. maybe those costs will come down eventually but right now it is humorously unsustainable.

(you can check all this out in their prospectus, which is on the SEC website, if you like)

welp time to use instagram stories instead

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DogonCrook posted:

"More than half a dozen sources on Wall Street and in the White House said Cohn has gained the upper hand over Trump's chief strategist, Steve Bannon, the former head of the right-wing website Breitbart News and a champion of protectionist trade opposed by moderate Republicans and many big companies."

God i hope bannon has tricked trump into some piss tape level poo poo.

Yeah, Bannon doesn't strike me as a guy who will gracefully exit....

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

I'm the pen !

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Solarin posted:

incredibly low hanging fruit gently caress

Business Gorillas posted:

Don't sign your posts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

I'm the pen !

loving fascist.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

If Jeff Sessions wants to crack down on medical marijuana, he’ll have to battle more than half the country

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

so honestly trying to understand here - is snapchat is popular because it lets people share temporary dick pics? and lots of people use it? or is that just one minor reason why people use it

why would snapchat only be for rich people?

Idk I tried flirting with a girl on it but otherwise I don't see the point. It is basically a messaging app which is difficult to use .

I think snap chat is successful because old people don't use it. My guess is they want to continue to appeal to young rich culture with their ads and stories. Poor folks might turn off advertisers.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Citizen Tayne posted:

I lust for Uber death.

:same:

SKULL.GIF posted:

I lust for überdeath.

also :same:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How is jagged alliance 2?

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

logikv9 posted:

Snapchat is hosed though because the only thing that drew users in has been stolen wholesale by everybody else

idk man, some kids use snapchat the way anyone else would use texting. they might not switch to instagram.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

"On my first day of work as the editor in chief of the New York Observer, which had been acquired five years earlier by Jared Kushner, now the son-in-law and senior adviser to President Trump, I inherited an office and a desktop computer, both in fine but used condition. The computer was a recent-model Mac, but when I turned it on, it was inexplicably running Windows. I summoned our beleaguered IT guy to explain, and he informed me that it had belonged to Kushner, who liked the design of Apple products but preferred the Windows OS.

“So he was basically using a $2,500 desktop as a monitor?” I asked. The IT guy shrugged."

i can't stop thinking about this quote

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

How is jagged alliance 2?

ive played a pile, even years back was ~compiling my own JA2.exe~ got the JA 2 itch from reading the thread about the LP of the absurd gun game thing in the LP forum

one of my friends puts together artisan JA 1.13 installs combining mods etc (but they always crash out eventually, :( )

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Im honestly kinda scared bannon is doing what bush sr did and trying to convince everyone hes a pussy so he can be our secret overlord, but lol that poo poo would probably leak just like it did when bush tried it.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baloogan posted:

ive played a pile, even years back was ~compiling my own JA2.exe~ got the JA 2 itch from reading the thread about the LP of the absurd gun game thing in the LP forum

one of my friends puts together artisan JA 1.13 installs combining mods etc (but they always crash out eventually, :( )

are your artisinal video game installs free range and vegan??

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

"Ok," ~ The ancient moron who thought the KKK smoking pot was its one failing who works for a weird old teetotaler

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also lol @ JA2 predicting that chemical weapons would show up in modern day civil wars

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

slouch posted:

"On my first day of work as the editor in chief of the New York Observer, which had been acquired five years earlier by Jared Kushner, now the son-in-law and senior adviser to President Trump, I inherited an office and a desktop computer, both in fine but used condition. The computer was a recent-model Mac, but when I turned it on, it was inexplicably running Windows. I summoned our beleaguered IT guy to explain, and he informed me that it had belonged to Kushner, who liked the design of Apple products but preferred the Windows OS.

“So he was basically using a $2,500 desktop as a monitor?” I asked. The IT guy shrugged."

i can't stop thinking about this quote

i can't tell if this guy just doesn't understand dual-boot, or if the kush actually went through the trouble of attaching a pc to an imac

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Chicago Cucks are getting brutally owned. Goddamn.

Can't wait for the hawks to eat poo poo again playing against a loving wild card

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Addamere posted:

are your artisinal video game installs free range and vegan??

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/853725106031538178

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Steve Bannon Was Doomed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baloogan posted:

also lol @ JA2 predicting that chemical weapons would show up in modern day civil wars

JA2 a god tier strategy game, also Hillary has much in common with Queen Deidranna

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The election is over screams orange impotent man campaigning for the 2020 election

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

When exactly are people going to stop pretending that trump is anything but a worm-brained simp?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what version of Jagged Alliance 2 on steam is good to get there's like three

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

loving the fact that trump was still tweeting this morning about winning the electoral college when people said he wouldnt

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Fluoride Jones posted:

When exactly are people going to stop pretending that trump is anything but a worm-brained simp?

seriously, not literally

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

#trolltide

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Donald Regan, Ronald Reagan’s second chief of staff

Lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So bannon is fired but not fired yet?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

that frank bruni column suggests that given bannon's history of using breitbart for bomb-throwing revenge, the other trump people may have decided it's better to have bannon inside the tent pissing out, as they say

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

what have we learned about things and mattering

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Jan 12-13 lmao nice troll fox

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

HE IS RISEN

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
In breitbart comments a bunch of people were posting a tweet where some journo is saying bannon has been sidelined bc he wont sign an nda so they are afraid to fire him. I hope its true bc he will intentionally be lovely in public to force his removal. If its not true its still pretty lol cause trump is losing his base fast.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Jan 12-13 lmao nice troll fox

you are not supposed to read the fine print :ssh:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DogonCrook posted:

In breitbart comments a bunch of people were posting a tweet where some journo is saying bannon has been sidelined bc he wont sign an nda so they are afraid to fire him. I hope its true bc he will intentionally be lovely in public to force his removal. If its not true its still pretty lol cause trump is losing his base fast.

why do you or why does anyone care if trump is losing his base

if his entire base turned on him 100 percent on day 2 he would still be president for at least four years

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

there is no loving way bannon would get fired when they can just put him in a closet and kill his ability to influence anything. Firing his rear end would make them look like guilty morons for having that neo-nazi piece of dog poo poo in from day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Addamere posted:

why do you or why does anyone care if trump is losing his base

if his entire base turned on him 100 percent on day 2 he would still be president for at least four years

Because theoretically he could become toxic enough that republicans would impeach and remove him for his crim....hahaahah

• Locked thread