Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

4 Although maybe we could do 4 and 6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Do 4 and then 6 after we secure our TEAM STEINER RULES BRODOWN ALLIANCE.

It's only destiny.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
If we can combine choices, 4 and 6.

If not, then just 6.

Either complete insanity, or merely mild chaos.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
4 and 6. Preference still to 4 but I don't see why one precludes the other, they both seem like really sensible moves to make.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

gently caress it, let's get crazy. 4

I also think we should do 6, but only when it benefits the Lyrans most.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

Get a better politician and do what you do best, Frederick.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

4 and 6 if possible, 6 if we can only do one.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

6, forewarned is forearmed.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

6 If there's one thing Freddy can do to reassemble a real Star League it's this. The only way they're gonna get through this is a coalition of all the Inner Sphere powers and there's one name to do that with.

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013
6 Let's make it as big of a mess as possible.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
6) Release the news of the second Clan invasion to the entire Inner Sphere: allying with just one Clan would probably be too weird to actually work, but telling everyone would at least give him some leverage over his own dumb-rear end nobility.

This is probably his best shot all around: the dumber elements of the Draconis are likely to try and exploit Clan Invasion 2: Electric Boogaloo to make their own move against Davion, while Skye and the Free Worlds League will be obligated by ComStar (and the whole Knights of the Inner Sphere thing) to help defend the invasion corridor. The Capellans and Rim Worlds Republic will probably back stab some people, but that's unlikely to affect the somewhat distant Steiners, so nothing lost there.

Besides, if Natasha doesn't know about this yet, her reaction alone should be worth some popcorn.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
4 for sure, 6 also if we can combine

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Best case scenario, the current Invading Clans fight the newcomers. A Clan OZ is a huge boost to Clans used to the lovely planets of the Kerensky Cluster and for every Clan that gets access, the value in both increased wealth relative to your neighbors and prestige of being an Invading Clan is diminished a little bit.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Plus if the rest of the Sphere is prepped, there might be a call for the galaxy's foremost experts on kicking the poo poo out of the Clans: The Demon Hawks.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

6 Nobody Everybody panic!

TBH I'm interested to see how that would play out politically. I wouldn't be surprised if comstar and more savvy operators censor and discredit the obvious blood-crazed lunatic. He clearly just wants more bodies for the meat grinder.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

1 because I wanna see the Commonwealth burn

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
1. Finish one job before you start another.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

4 and 6

Oh this is going to be good.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
All of you voting "4 and 6" should probably specify which is your primary choice, since I don't think PTN has ever allowed double-voting.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

6 for maximum chance of knock on effects! Plus it's good to let the Hawks and Papa Warcrimes know in advance.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Chaos reigns.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
6 for maximum panic! Information wants to be free and being the first one to make such information free will earn bonus points with someone somewhere!

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
1 is bull-headed. 2 openly invites rebellion. 3 won't work. 5 is suicidally self-indulgent. 6 is pointless.

But 4 is a masterstroke, if he can pull it off.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

1 because I wanna see the Commonwealth burn

Same vote from me, but for a different reason. Like I mentioned in the last mission, this entire operation is just standard Steiner procedure. Tons and tons of hardware thrown at the enemy who are then free to outmanoeuvre the lyrans unless they can weather the punishment. So, yes, 1 all the way.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

4 and 6 with 4 as the primary.

Time to make this as crazy as possible.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

This is gonna be good.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
6: Reforge the Star League in the face of the Clans.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Holy poo poo I want 4 to happen so much.

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010
4 because reasons.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Keru posted:

Holy poo poo I want 4 to happen so much.

^^^^^^^^^^

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
[]6[] Let's create some chaos and who knows? Maybe the NRWR will wrap up their current little affair and start shipping their leftover war material to the soon to be new front. What better way to foster good will and convince parts of the Inner Sphere that there really should be another Star League and you know just the guy to lead it.

Bonus points for the clan's reaction when they find out what happened.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
While I like the sound of 6, I get the feeling that it might blow up in our face more than we'd like. Going to throw my vote in for 5

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean, there's no way 6 won't bite someone in the rear end let's just get this out in the open

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'd say it's a safe bet all of these plans are blowing up in SOMEONE'S face.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The Blakists get the data of the last fight somehow and instead of calling upon everyone to gang up on the new clan invasion, they instead gang up on Saeder-Krupp for crimes against mech-anity.

That's what you get for finding an EVA in battletech! :colbert:

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

6, because I will always pick the (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ option.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
4! So very 4. Star League vs Kerensky boys, round 2, let's go.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
4, 5, and 6 Step down as Archon in favor of whoever makes the most sense, remerging the commonwealth with Task Force Serpent while releasing news of the Second Crusade sphere wide to scare everyone into line.

:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Operation Inner Sphere Wikileaks: Goooooooo

• Locked thread