Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I thought the implication was that the reapers killed the quarian ark?

I know there is a throwaway line somewhere that the Nexus has left communications buoys or something to the milky way and they are a bit confused as to why the aren't any transmissions. I thought that was cool.

Right at the end of the game, there's a message from the quarian ark. It's about as DLC hook as you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

- Ugh why is this lovely planet so big with so many stupid side missions
- Woah that story sequence was really good, maybe this game isn't garbage
- Ugh another loving huge planet

Repeat for 75 hours

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mymla posted:

Right at the end of the game, there's a message from the quarian ark. It's about as DLC hook as you can get.

The DLC will be the Quarian Ark arriving pursued by a Reaper. Since its not in the Milky Way it avoids all the Crucible bullshit and decides to start harvesting Angara and Kett.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Man it's weird how the combat music will be good and then you land on Havarl for the first time or whatever and it's just nothing.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

The DLC will be the Quarian Ark arriving pursued by a Reaper. Since its not in the Milky Way it avoids all the Crucible bullshit and decides to start harvesting Angara and Kett.
Rudimentary creature of blood and flesh, that's just blind prejudice.

Maybe, like the Krogan, it decides to start a new life free of its Milky Way baggage. Did you ever think of that you son of a bitch?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Arcsquad12 posted:

Nah it'll be some KoTOR thing where the Hanar go insane if they get too far away from prothean/reaper technology and they started massacring the rest of the ark.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Admiral Ray posted:

Nah it'll be some KoTOR thing where the Hanar go insane if they get too far away from prothean/reaper technology and they started massacring the rest of the ark.

So...Dead Space but its hanar instead of mutant zombies?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Maybe I just didn't play long enough, but I never got Space-Sera vibes from PeeBee. it's not just the accent, but they seemed to talk about completely different things, as well.

Admiral Ray posted:

Without their lizardy dudes to constrain them, they revert back to their primal, aggressively carnivorous ways.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Steal from Farscape again and have two Ryders, by which I mean four Ryders

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Drifter posted:

Maybe I just didn't play long enough, but I never got Space-Sera vibes from PeeBee. it's not just the accent, but they seemed to talk about completely different things, as well.

Peebee as Space-Sera was more a pre-release meme than anything else, with only her appearance and name to go on. I bought into that but was very pleasantly surprised, Peebee is pretty fun and has great banters. If anyone's Space-Sera, though, it's Liam

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So: game is bad?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Error 404 posted:

So...Dead Space but its hanar instead of mutant zombies?

Yeah. It worked better for the Selkath in Knights of the Old Republic but I really liked that mission, other than the pressure suit walking parts, those were stupid.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Peebee as Space-Sera was more a pre-release meme than anything else, with only her appearance and name to go on. I bought into that but was very pleasantly surprised, Peebee is pretty fun and has great banters. If anyone's Space-Sera, though, it's Liam

At least Sera knew which way to point her loving bow and arrows. :laugh:

They should have gone all out with Liam and made him basically space-Don Rickles, insult comic space cop.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Arglebargle III posted:

to the bone

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Admiral Ray posted:

Goddamn I forgot about the crazy Selkath and the ancient Firaxa shark. Leviathan DLC wasn't as original as we thought.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Arglebargle III posted:

Same question too. I kinda want to get it but I'm really unsure. Is it dragon age 2 bad or is it is just mediocre and not really worth the time?
I'd accept dragon age 3 levels of quality...

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

- Ugh why is this lovely planet so big with so many stupid side missions
- Woah that story sequence was really good, maybe this game isn't garbage
- Ugh another loving huge planet

Repeat for 75 hours

This really is it. Close thread.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DropsySufferer posted:

Same question too. I kinda want to get it but I'm really unsure. Is it dragon age 2 bad or is it is just mediocre and not really worth the time?

It's Dragon Age Inquisition all over again. Equally disrespectful of the player's time.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I will be shocked if we don't get a Kett party member in ME:A:2

Oh god I just imagined the potential romance dialogue. "Ryder I understand in your culture you have reproductive organs you use for mating. I'm going to modify my genetic structure to have a gender to affirm our relationship please help me choose my new genitals for me from this catalogue.

All the time Ryder is going :cripes: and the internet is going :argh:

I actually managed to find some early animatics for that.

I really think they're going in a good direction. Real good moral dilemmas.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DropsySufferer posted:

It's got the same quest loops as DAInq, but somehow has even more busywork.

If you had some reservations from playing DAInq, then maybe hold off on this one a little while longer.

Dinq's story and production values was FAR more professionally done. COmbat on MEA is much better, though, although your teammates are uncontrollable by you this time around. Literally their purpose in combat is to draw enemy fire - if the devs had given you twice as many shields then you wouldn't need the squad at all.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Sincerely, an Elcor Reaper showing up in the Andromeda galaxy would be badass.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I hope that for every task you leave undone in the game, you get an angry email in the sequel.

"Hey there, Mr. Too-Busy-To-Scan-A-Dozen-Unmarked-Dead-Bodies-Scattered-Around-Eos, I guess someone finally found my aunt's remains being chewed on by some bugs that look like the devil, you loving rear end in a top hat. Hope you're having a good time drinking yourself retarded on the Nexus. Don't come back to Prodromos."

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

DropsySufferer posted:

In many significant ways, it is identical to Dragon Age 3.

Like, playing this to the end actually makes me wonder why I never finished DA3, since it's just the same game, different setting.

im cute fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 16, 2017

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Also, of all the companions in 8th gen Bioware games, Solas and Cassandra are the only ones worth loving.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I hope that for every task you leave undone in the game, you get an angry email in the sequel.

"Hey there, Mr. Too-Busy-To-Scan-A-Dozen-Unmarked-Dead-Bodies-Scattered-Around-Eos, I guess someone finally found my aunt's remains being chewed on by some bugs that look like the devil, you loving rear end in a top hat. Hope you're having a good time drinking yourself retarded on the Nexus. Don't come back to Prodromos."

Yes please.

Tsargon the Great
Jun 4, 2005

~=~ NuMBa 1 PoSta~=~
CuTiE

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm going to complete it because I'm a moron but I really, really hate it. The environments all look really good but otherwise it's back to the insanity of DA2, as opposed to the dull competence of DA3.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Number Ten Cocks posted:

ME: Andromeda - Don't Play It, SAM

BTW this still needs to be the thread title

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

BTW this still needs to be the thread title

Alternatively, ME: Andromeda - Don't Play It, SA--- This area can be mined for resources

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Game owns if you aren't a ol jabroni who loves to eat fartbugs

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

Alternatively, ME: Andromeda - Don't Play It, SA--- This area can be mined for resources

ME: Andromeda - This thread can be mined for resources.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

That DICK! posted:

Don't kinkshame

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Have they ever said how NG+ is supposed to work with any sequels? Ideally I'd like to be able to start new MEA2 games from both of my endings, not just whatever NG+ becomes.

And does playing NG+ with all your upgrades make Insanity easier or does the difficulty ramp up to meet you? Not sure what the point of NG+even is, unless I have the need to unlock more skills I'll never use.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
NG+ is for banging the people you haven't banged, duh.

They haven't said anything about any sequel anythings but I'm assuming they'll have something similar to Dragon Age Keep where you can upload any or all of your Ryders and load the one you "want" when you start Mass Effect: Andromeda 2: Scanpocalypse

e: Maybe I should clarify for folks who haven't done Dragon Age Keep: when you upload a character onto there, you can adjust any of the important choices you made've throughout the game and save it as a playthrough that you want to keep. So if they use this method for Mass Effect, you basically don't have to play ME:A at all to pick whatever consequences and setups you want for the sequel!

:anime:

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 17, 2017

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

That DICK! posted:

this checks out cause I think this game is crap and I freakin love a good fartbug!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Might want to make a backup save before starting NG+ though, to import later if you want.
Hopefully they'll just give us Mass Effect Keep though.

Ideally they'd just axe save importing and not feel restrained by previous games when making the sequels.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they should actually stop making me games cause they keep getting worse lol

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Still not as bad as your posting, though.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Tiny Ryder

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Moola posted:

One sweet day, we shall be rid of Mass Effect forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Someone here is quite bitter that ME:A is a bad game that they happen to - for some indiscernible reason - like.

Maybe they're just embarrassed that they like a piece of poo poo so much.

Moola posted:

quoted for truth