Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

JBP posted:

I'm going to maru skara your disgusting poo poo to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Started the stages of my batch painting where I'm weathering all my space barbies, something I haven't really done before as my 40k army has a very clean aesthetic. That moment when you shift from "oh god am I really gonna mess up something that I took a lot of time to paint" to "hell yeah, time to gently caress some poo poo UP" is a real fun one.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

I also got a sicaran venator, I'm away this weekend but going to build it when I get back.

What should I use for Orth? Does he have a model or should I just convert a captain?

I'm kinda regretting getting autek mor, because I'm thinking I'll generally want to use Ferrus but I don't really want to field both of them. I'll probably use autek in sub 3k games I guess.

Autek Mor is one of the best HQs in the game. For his cost, he can slam up against a lot of stuff and come out ontop thanks to T5, FTP, and all the other good stuff.

Orth is great. If you like conversions, make your own, otherwise you can probably just proxy in a sergent.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

PantsOptional posted:

Started the stages of my batch painting where I'm weathering all my space barbies, something I haven't really done before as my 40k army has a very clean aesthetic. That moment when you shift from "oh god am I really gonna mess up something that I took a lot of time to paint" to "hell yeah, time to gently caress some poo poo UP" is a real fun one.

This is literally me, after being all "oh my god this looks like poo poo" for 90% of the model the best part is when it all comes together in the end.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Yeah, when there's like three people actually painting poo poo in here and playing 30k, the rest have to find a low effort way to entertain themselves.

I'd love to see your painted army

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Hixson posted:

Don't you have like, two night lords painted.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Don't you have like, two night lords painted.

I have like 1.5 night lords painted tyvm

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
still somehow more models than Bulbasaur has painted in the last 12 months

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

adamantium|wang posted:

still somehow more models than Bulbasaur has painted in the last 36 months

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Hixson posted:

I'd love to see it too. As I said a bit ago, I'm working on painting my first tac squad. Just started maybe a month and a half ago, been steadily getting it assembled. I posted my paint scheme test model and have cleaned it up since

BULBASAUR posted:

Autek Mor is one of the best HQs in the game. For his cost, he can slam up against a lot of stuff and come out ontop thanks to T5, FTP, and all the other good stuff.

Orth is great. If you like conversions, make your own, otherwise you can probably just proxy in a sergent.

He's fantastic yeah, ferrus just does more and it's hard to get points for both and a bodyguard.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
]

Is this a cupola Y/N?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Ghazk posted:

]

Is this a cupola Y/N?

It isn't, in fact! You may wish to review this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupola

I hope this helps!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Phew, that's a relief!

Can I upgrade to breech mounted multimelta?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Ghazk posted:

Phew, that's a relief!

Can I upgrade to breech mounted multimelta?

Does the army list say you can?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Forge your own narrative. Or don't; idk I've never played 30k

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Quick update on my LoW toxx

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
That's not the proper grey for titans in m31 :colbert:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hamshot posted:

No one in this thread even plays 30k, nice try.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hamshot posted:

What do you want for your prize?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hamshot posted:

Hmmm... My well considered and metered response is: "gently caress you."

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
My first LoW (other than Ferrus) will probably be magnitizing a baneblade kit but I don't know if I'll do it this year so I'm not going to toxx.

Knights are cool too though. Which plastic knight should I look into first?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Skip the plastic knights and go for an Atrapos or an Acheron.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

panascope posted:

Skip the plastic knights and go for an Atrapos or an Acheron.

Oh yeah? I'm not familiar with those ones.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Hamshots prize for finishing a warlord in 2017 should be all of us pitching in so he can finish another in 2018.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

That sounds pretty reasonable honesty. Always excited to see high quality hams .

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Oh yeah? I'm not familiar with those ones.

The Atrapos fires black holes and the Acheron fires the big flame template and has a chainfist.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

panascope posted:

The Atrapos fires black holes and the Acheron fires the big flame template and has a chainfist.

Why are these hundreds of points cheaper than baneblade chassis stuff, jfc

How does a hellstorm template work?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Why are these hundreds of points cheaper than baneblade chassis stuff, jfc

How does a hellstorm template work?

Imagine a flamer template that's like 250% bigger.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Can i get a cupola count on those Titan variants? This is very important

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm getting a Porphyrion as my next LoW but I need to finish my toxxed Typhon first.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Hixson posted:

Can i get a cupola count on those Titan variants? This is very important

Going to give this a 2/10. You're just repeating what others have done at this point without coming up with anything new.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
All you nerds missed Hamshot's titan cupola. Shameful and sad

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

Going to give this a 2/10. You're just repeating what others have done at this point without coming up with anything new.

So you are only giving it a couple of points. That's fair.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

We had a pretty good turnout yesterday in Flint for a HH event - I only did the combat patrol. Faced my buddy at 750 pts, he had raven guard snowflake snipers, a tac squad, and three f'ing monstrous creature space janitor robot things with a controller and a landspeeder. In a combat patrol

My list had a stupid expensive Destroyer squad, assault squad, and a landspeeder. Needless to say the Mc robots had like 2+ cover due to a warlord trait and raven guard snowflake stuff, they destroyed me

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

muggins posted:

We had a pretty good turnout yesterday in Flint for a HH event - I only did the combat patrol. Faced my buddy at 750 pts, he had raven guard snowflake snipers, a tac squad, and three f'ing monstrous creature space janitor robot things with a controller and a landspeeder. In a combat patrol

My list had a stupid expensive Destroyer squad, assault squad, and a landspeeder. Needless to say the Mc robots had like 2+ cover due to a warlord trait and raven guard snowflake stuff, they destroyed me

The gold on that landspeeder looks great, got any more pics?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
I don't know if I have more of the speeder, but here's some of my other guys - I believe I use Vallejo Glorious Gold

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

muggins posted:

I don't know if I have more of the speeder, but here's some of my other guys - I believe I use Vallejo Glorious Gold

What kind of shading and highlighting do you do with your gold?

I'm wanting to do my artificer armored guys with gold trim instead of the usual silver, but my golds usually end up a little dull and dark. I use the P3 line of metallics.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I don't really do much tbh, mostly just gold and then a soft tone wash from Army painter. Glorious Gold is indeed amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Can I have some close-ups on those cupolas, please?