Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Moana has some excellent songs to bookend a pretty dull movie. The pirate scene was the only one that was both impressive and fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

pacific islander mythology is either way too :black101: or way too :gizz: to be in a disney movie

i mean one of our core myths is that one of the progenitors fucks their kid and has a deformed inbred baby, so they kill it and bury it so nobody else finds out but then it grows into the taro plant

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love how the first thing I learned about maui after leaving the theater was the way he died, that he was crushed after transforming into a worm and trying to literally worm his way into the vagina of the goddess of death or some poo poo.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Captain Invictus posted:

I love how the first thing I learned about maui after leaving the theater was the way he died, that he was crushed after transforming into a worm and trying to literally worm his way into the vagina of the goddess of death or some poo poo.

Maybe that will be in the director's cut.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Captain Invictus posted:

nah that's kind of a stretch, he was just hunting the death god, which is a fish, and he went in thinking he would kill it by smashing its heart but then it just ate him

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Says he got crushed by the obsidian teeth in her vagina :stare:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ugh, that's women for ya

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

tap my mountain posted:

Says he got crushed by the obsidian teeth in her vagina :stare:

https://youtu.be/HqREvb2VTjw?t=11

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

^ please stop ruining Disney movies you guys

The White Dragon posted:

nah that's kind of a stretch, he was just hunting the death god, which is a fish, and he went in thinking he would kill it by smashing its heart but then it just ate him

It's the maori version where he climbs in her vagina with the idea that he'll climb out of her mouth to reverse childbirth and somehow that'll make humans immortal.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I need your help, Games

http://www.strawpoll.me/12763279

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my dude is too high to know the answer is bloodborne

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I almost voted Bloodborne then I seen that you're high af

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I would have voted Bloodborne but if you're blazed like never before now is a good time to fire up Last of Us. You will be an emotional wreck, plus it has great headshots.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

I almost voted Bloodborne then I seen that you're high af

http://www.strawpoll.me/12763383 i updated the poll

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS4 Bioshock hard locked after playing for an hour why are all they last gen ports always so lovely and low effort?
I mean I know why but ugh.

Also down on the d-pad of one of my controllers has stopped working, it's not been a good night.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm way behind on this I'm sure but I didn't know Doom as a franchise started out as a licensed Aliens game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

if you're really high the best game i can recommend is something pnp with your buddies

the only rp we ever did was everyone took the hazy-eyed disadvantage trait in 3.5e

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

You should play teso

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

if you're really high the best game i can recommend is something pnp with your buddies

the only rp we ever did was everyone took the hazy-eyed disadvantage trait in 3.5e

haha, "buddies"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm way behind on this I'm sure but I didn't know Doom as a franchise started out as a licensed Aliens game.

It was also supposed to have an elaborate story and more realistic gameplay before Hall got booted because those were terrible ideas.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

haha, "buddies"

ok "furriends" whatever you people call them

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

poo poo guys, how do I buy themes

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lizard Wizard posted:

poo poo guys, how do I buy themes

Use the following handy link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/corn-love-forever-theme/cid=UP4313-CUSA01977_00-CORNLOVEDYNAMICT

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

sorry guys i went with ds2 since i bought it tonight

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lizard Wizard posted:

sorry guys i went with ds2 since i bought it tonight

Not a bad pick. My least fave Souls game, but still one I've put 100+ hours into.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Not a bad pick. My least fave Souls game, but still one I've put 100+ hours into.

I wanna see how well it supports a no shield build as opposed to DS1 which kinda didn't

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It encourages rolling much more highly imo. Most of the classes in Dark Souls 2 don't have a shield when you start a new game, which is pretty much your first indicator of that. Remember my advice about the adaptability stat!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

jesus what class/build is good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I beat all the Souls games no shield, except maybe Demon's but only when necessary. 2 is pretty easy especially when you have power stanceing

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm gonna go warrior into paladin

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My fiancee was telling me about this show called bee and puppycat and this one character in it

I think I hate pretty much everything going on here for some reason

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lizard Wizard posted:

jesus what class/build is good

Starting stats are slightly more meaningful in 2 because the first handful of levels come a lot slower, so pick based on whatever stat you're gonna use most. If you're banking on getting hit pick one with high vigor or vitality or whatever the HP stat is called. If you're banking on always-be-dodging pick one with high stamina. More importantly though you could just pick one that has the coolest looking armor.

edit: gently caress I'm too late

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

My fiancee was telling me about this show called bee and puppycat and this one character in it

I think I hate pretty much everything going on here for some reason
it's like manic pixie girl the cartoon and frederator raised like a million dollars to make it rather than use that money to pay the creators in their own youtube network

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 17, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Man, Steamworld Heist is a pretty good and fun game, if a bit easy when you don't have to deal with missions with a bullshit countdown timer, and I like how hats exist solely so they can be shot off wild west style, and most of the music is good but then you get randomly assaulted in the ears with shitass Steam Powered Giraffe and it just ruins the whole thing for a little bit.

FirstAidKite posted:

My fiancee was telling me about this show called bee and puppycat

I don't know what this is but this is as far as I needed to read to know I was going to instantly hate everything that followed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the bee and puppycat pilot from years ago was great, is the show itself not good

edit: lol some codgery reactions to bee and puppycat in here

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't remember Deckard Cain being a wizard!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

the bee and puppycat pilot from years ago was great, is the show itself not good
it's not great really, the pilot has a whole lot going on and the actual series is a way slower burn despite being very short episodes. it's way more slice-of-life with surreal moments. like one episode they're just watching tv and then go to the beach and that's the episode. despite being a backer i've had no interest in watching the back half of episodes

the cartoon hangover cartoon i thought was the most decent was the one with the boy and the ghost but that never became a series

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 17, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

for ds2 just be the cleric with the mace because its secretly the best weapon in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dickhard?

• Locked thread