Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's not great really, the pilot has a whole lot going on and the actual series is a way slower burn despite being very short episodes. it's way more slice-of-life with surreal moments. like one episode they're just watching tv and then go to the beach and that's the episode. despite being a backer i've had no interest in watching the back half of episodes

well that's a drat shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

it's like manic pixie girl the cartoon and frederator raised like a million dollars to make it rather than use that money to pay the creators in their own youtube network

Cartoon Hangover was terrible, I'm glad they didn't try and leech off of the one moderately successful thing to come out of it.,

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

no, dick hard's my half brother. i'm dick gumshoe

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Cartoon Hangover was terrible, I'm glad they didn't try and leech off of the one moderately successful thing to come out of it.,
i'm referring to the network of indie animators they run. they fancied themselves a Maker Studios for animators except they didn't want to actually put the money or effort in. their whole approach was "God helps those who help themselves"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

dark souls 2's default jump strikes again

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dont really know what their future plans are because they recently merged with rainmaker entertainment. their future stuff's gonna run on some not-Youtube site. anyway here's that episode i mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tUiE_VbCyk

vvv we bare bears is a cute show i recommend it

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I've seen gifs of some cartoon with three bears on occasion. Sometimes I feel like maybe I should watch that, seems like it could be entertaining

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Bee and Puppycat is good and cute and without it we would not have this!

https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/642573123775172608

and the world would be worse off.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
two diarrheal flavors, together at last

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLkIdXltnTc

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

for ds2 just be the cleric with the mace because its secretly the best weapon in the game

A million times, this. If your target build is any melee build, just start as the cleric and spec from there.

And the mace clowns all the bosses people bitch about, like persuer and ruin sentinels.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

we bare bears is a cute show i recommend it

It's cute and it's not bad, but it's pretty boring imo, at least from the first season or so of episodes I watched, which CN aired 50 billion times a day until I never wanted to watch the show again. I don't know if it's changed since then but it was basically "cartoon about millennial teenagers, but they look like bears and they live in a tree" and didn't really aspire to a lot more than that. Which I guess is okay if that's the kind of thing that entertains you, but I've felt no desire to ever go back to it and give it another try.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ugh but I already did like an hour as knight

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lizard wizard i change my vote, is alpha protocol an option because if you play that while high it's like :lsd:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

raditts posted:

It's cute and it's not bad, but it's pretty boring imo, at least from the first season or so of episodes I watched, which CN aired 50 billion times a day until I never wanted to watch the show again. I don't know if it's changed since then but it was basically "cartoon about millennial teenagers, but they look like bears and they live in a tree" and didn't really aspire to a lot more than that. Which I guess is okay if that's the kind of thing that entertains you, but I've felt no desire to ever go back to it and give it another try.
I mean yeah that's pretty much it. It's not a super adventurous show but it's cute.

I don't really have a ton more cartoon recommendations because I only know a fraction of what's coming down the pipe. I'm supporting Danger & Eggs on Amazon when that arrives because it's by a trans creator, I'm giving a pre-thumbs up to OK KO because my friend made it and it's gonna be really fun and there's already 'introduction' shorts you can watch online. People say Star vs the Forces of Evil became a pretty good show in its later episodes. Aaron Springer has a show coming out, he is responsible for the recent Mickey Mouse cartoons as well as Periwinkle Around the World. I'm hoping the show by people who made The Reward turns out good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

lizard wizard i change my vote, is alpha protocol an option because if you play that while high it's like :lsd:

I'll save that for another gummi day

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

ugh but I already did like an hour as knight

It's okay, you can buy a mace soon.

Cleric is a just a pro pick because you can just go do a bunch of stuff right away with your sick starting weapon. It doesn't actually matter at all what you pick.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I just rerolled cleric and aggressively ignored things betwixt, lol

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've seen gifs of some cartoon with three bears on occasion. Sometimes I feel like maybe I should watch that, seems like it could be entertaining

Yeah here I found the best part for ya

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Cleric is a good pick

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

I just rerolled cleric and aggressively ignored things betwixt, lol

Oh yeah, it's possibly my single fave thing about ds2, that you can just bypass the tutorial area like that.

Ds3 lets you fight the best​ boss in the game within 10 minutes thought...

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Every cleric deserves to be kicked into a pit where they belong

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I started Moana on the background while I played overwatch but ended up hooked and loving it by the time she meets the big dude. It definitely exceeded my expectations

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
best recent "character appearing for five minutes in a film and stealing the show entirely" is definitely tamatoa for sure

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

best recent "character appearing for five minutes in a film and stealing the show entirely" is definitely tamatoa for sure

That song was great! I had totally forgotten that scene. Now I gotta look it up on itunes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

it's like manic pixie girl the cartoon and frederator raised like a million dollars to make it rather than use that money to pay the creators in their own youtube network

Manic pixie dream girls need to be... manic. And exist to be a love interest to a main character. I don't think you're using that word right.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

tap my mountain posted:

^ please stop ruining Disney movies you guys

Disney is a bad company, so actually they're doing God's work.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Captain Invictus posted:

The only bad part about Tamatoa is that it sets the bar unfairly high for the rest of the movie

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm still pretty bad at rolling but I have the world's thickest cleric robes to make my mistakes hurt less. Made some decent headway, taking down both Dragonrider and Last Giant. Definitely missed my shield during the latter fight.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

it's not great really, the pilot has a whole lot going on and the actual series is a way slower burn despite being very short episodes. it's way more slice-of-life with surreal moments. like one episode they're just watching tv and then go to the beach and that's the episode. despite being a backer i've had no interest in watching the back half of episodes

the cartoon hangover cartoon i thought was the most decent was the one with the boy and the ghost but that never became a series

IMO, pilot was good, first four episodes were not good, pretty weak. After that, there was such a big gap of time between ep 4 and ep 5 that I think most people who would have cared probably lost interest, but every episode after 4 has been good and contained a nice balance between slice of life and actual important plot stuff that I wish the whole series had been like those episodes (5-10) because episodes 1-4 were just a really bad foot forward for the series and they were really weak and I had no stake in them and I didn't care for them and it made me uninterested in continuing forward.

Again all my opinion

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

Manic pixie dream girls need to be... manic. And exist to be a love interest to a main character. I don't think you're using that word right.

This. I haven't watched the series but the pilot was just a surreal short about a girl doing day-jobs with a puppy-cat.

Unless the viewer in this case wants... to date... the cartoon girl? Seems like that might be on the viewer.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Moana's pretty mediocre imo, it had a lot of the same problems that I have with a lot of disney movies, where they're a bit disjointed and the character arcs don't really work (or aren't really there). Also the film has the really beautiful sequence where the Polynesians are sailing across the ocean in that hugeass flotilla and I'd much rather watch a film about that than another pretty standard save the world adventure story.

I have been playing a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes even though it's not a very good game, but I think I have fallen for its secret true purpose because now I'm probably gonna pick up the new Fire Emblem game if the reviews are good. I have never played Fire Emblem before and Heroes just makes me want to have those systems without the stripped down, sorta exploitative phone game part.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/JamesPopStar/status/852260723665190912

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnSBSmC9LVK6Pj6Qdi3uCKg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaqn2zHurCs

First MLB The Show now this, Sony sports games are the new Silent Hills

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Red Bones posted:

Moana's pretty mediocre imo, it had a lot of the same problems that I have with a lot of disney movies, where they're a bit disjointed and the character arcs don't really work (or aren't really there). Also the film has the really beautiful sequence where the Polynesians are sailing across the ocean in that hugeass flotilla and I'd much rather watch a film about that than another pretty standard save the world adventure story.

I have been playing a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes even though it's not a very good game, but I think I have fallen for its secret true purpose because now I'm probably gonna pick up the new Fire Emblem game if the reviews are good. I have never played Fire Emblem before and Heroes just makes me want to have those systems without the stripped down, sorta exploitative phone game part.

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest is a really good game and probably cheaper to find these days. This next one might be a weird entry, so if you're curious about the series, I'd recommend playing Conquest

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

In Training posted:

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest is a really good game and probably cheaper to find these days. This next one might be a weird entry, so if you're curious about the series, I'd recommend playing Conquest

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't sure whether to buy Birthright or Conquest, and I know there's an additional 3rd DLC entry for those two games, and I'm worried I'll get all completionist and want to drop £100 buying all the Fates games. Picking up the new one instead (if it reviews well) was my plan for avoiding that.

Reading the descriptions for Conquest and Birthright, the story for Conquest does seem more interesting. Is it well written, better than the other one? Or am I mostly gonna be playing it to enjoy the gameplay?

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 17, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The story in Fates is kinda really bad because of the split campaign stuff but the gameplay is the best in the series. Conquest is the more interesting mechanical choice because you can't grind like the recent FE games, so you have to actually use tactics in the latter half of the game. I played through all 3 campaigns bc I love Fire Emblem but Conquest is definitely the best of the 3.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I've been really depressed tonight so I played a ton of Euro Truck Sim 2 and it was exactly what I needed - chill, mildly engaging, with little reward feelings here and there as I completed deliveries - I even found myself grinning as I found Paris for the first time. Felt good!

I coupled it with a podcast I like so I could hear some friendly chatter, and just... video games can be therapy, and I'm grateful. It got me to a point where I could make some food and play some music and feel alive again.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess Ground Zeroes has some unlocks for TPP? That's kind of lame, I wanted to just run through that ASAP and get into TPP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

from what i remember the grand total of ground zeroes' bonuses are a couple of mediocre soldiers and a sneaking suit that give you a bit of a head start in the early game but are quickly outclassed so i wouldn't stress out over it

there's also hideo kojima who's an s rank guy so he's a bigger boost in the early game but you can also get him in mgsv proper without doing ground zeroes anyway

• Locked thread