Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

lezard_valeth posted:

It would be interesting to have Champa approach Vegeta and be like "Yo! You and your family, Kings of U6 Saiyan planet. Switch sides, kay?"

Freeza already tried it. Although, Champa might not know that...

I do kinda like all the Saiyans teaming up at some point, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dead Zone - Gohan pisses on Krillin's head
World's Strongest - "ALMIGHTY SHENRON, MELT THIS loving ICE"
Tree of Might - Turles only reason for living being growing that loving fruit
Lord Slug - "And now for the next phase of my cunning plan!" *rips off ears*
Cooler's Revenge - Cooler being Freezer but hulked the gently caress out
Return of Cooler - The Big Ghetti star enable me to cheat death!
Super Android 13 - YEE-HAW I'M ANDROID 13, LOOK AT MAH TRUCKER HAT
Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan - KAKAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Bojack Unbound - Gohan beats the poo poo out of some pirates also Future Trunks is here because...?
Broly Second Coming - Trunks pisses on Broly's head
Bio-Broly - Let's just be happy Mr. Satan showed up
Fusion Reborn - Gotenks defeats Hitler
Wrath of the Dragon - That was a needlessly elaborate way to give Trunks a sword

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Relin posted:

ive been watching the dbz movies in a random order with a goon friend. they're pretty bad (except for the last two). is it a hilarious meme in japan for piccolo to save gohan in every film

It's not always Piccolo!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wrath of the Dragon was cool because it was the only one that tried to actually like have a character arc.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

HOW CAN THIS BE?!

But seriously having everyone be cool is cool and it doesn't break power level non-logic because it's intelligence finally mattering. Except for 17, who apparently just grew insanely powerful since the last time we saw him, somehow. I won't complain about Super Android God Super Android though.

And Fusion Reborn is super good and better than half of the canon movies. WotD attempts to be great and then fucks up because Goku, which is the saddest thing.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Funky Valentine posted:

Dead Zone - Gohan pisses on Krillin's head
World's Strongest - "ALMIGHTY SHENRON, MELT THIS loving ICE"
Tree of Might - Turles only reason for living being growing that loving fruit
Lord Slug - "And now for the next phase of my cunning plan!" *rips off ears*
Cooler's Revenge - Cooler being Freezer but hulked the gently caress out
Super Android 13 - YEE-HAW I'M ANDROID 13, LOOK AT MAH TRUCKER HAT
Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan - KAKAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Bojack Unbound - Gohan beats the poo poo out of some pirates also Future Trunks is here because...?
Broly Second Coming - Trunks pisses on Broly's head
Bio-Broly - Let's just be happy Mr. Satan showed up
Fusion Reborn - Gotenks defeats Hitler
Wrath of the Dragon - That was a needlessly elaborate way to give Trunks a sword

I don't know if the abridged series is popular here, but their best stuff is ironically the movies.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

As someone who watched bits of the cell saga and then saw bits of bojack before watching the buu saga like eight years later I was a little disappointed Gohan's role in that was, uh, whatever you want to call it.

But in retrospect Bojack has the same charming suck of all of them.

khwarezm posted:

I don't know if the abridged series is popular here, but their best stuff is ironically the movies.
I think they were until they took like, months to put out a single episode?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The best thing that I can say about Bojack is that the fights are alright

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Bojack almost reaches Lord Slug levels of being a main plot also-ran.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spiderdrake posted:

As someone who watched bits of the cell saga and then saw bits of bojack before watching the buu saga like eight years later I was a little disappointed Gohan's role in that was, uh, whatever you want to call it.

But in retrospect Bojack has the same charming suck of all of them.
I think they were until they took like, months to put out a single episode?

They are popular but there isn't much to say between releases.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also they started padding the hell out of their Cell Saga episodes.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I think the most annoying Cell filler was when they were doing the One Punch Man episode and Cell was like "the game starts tomorrow" and they had to make an announcement that the next episode wasn't actually coming out the next day.

Goku vs. 17 fight was kinda lame in that I couldn't make out any details. I'd complain about an episode of space-poacher filler being dumb in the context of "we only have x hours!" but then again, Namek is 5 minutes from exploding.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

This is actually addressed. He comes back to let everyone know that he vaporized the poo poo out of the androids and cell and that all is well. Until Goku Black anyway.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's why Bojack is one of the few movies that could fit into continuity pretty easily

Though if it did, chances are Gohan would have never stopped training, and Buu would have been trivial. So you know.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

It's why Bojack is one of the few movies that could fit into continuity pretty easily

Though if it did, chances are Gohan would have never stopped training, and Buu would have been trivial. So you know.

I always figured he kept it up for a couple of years, then just eventually eased off it. He was still plenty strong in the buu saga, just not at cell saga levels.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

I always figured he kept it up for a couple of years, then just eventually eased off it. He was still plenty strong in the buu saga, just not at cell saga levels.

Nah, he hard core quit cold turkey.

Vegeta pretty well points that out.

And to be fair, the world was at peace and he just went through some pretty traumatic poo poo. It's a good reason for why he doesn't go all out in Bojack until he has to.

If Gohan had to fight a Cell level threat again, after Cell died, I think that would have stuck with him that he needed to keep training.

I am curious what Vegeta thought about Gohan being so much stronger than him though. They never address that, ever.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Burkion posted:

I am curious what Vegeta thought about Gohan being so much stronger than him though. They never address that, ever.

I also forgot the entire reason Majin Vegeta happens.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

I also forgot the entire reason Majin Vegeta happens.

I thought Majin Vegeta was because of Goku coming back, not Gohan.

Vegeta never seems to care about Gohan beyond complaining that he's let his power drop dramatically.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Burkion posted:

I thought Majin Vegeta was because of Goku coming back, not Gohan.

Vegeta never seems to care about Gohan beyond complaining that he's let his power drop dramatically.

He gets pissed about the Dabura fight which causes Babidi to notice his great potential from being evil and letting loose or something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That wasn't Gohan- That was Goku.

Goku briefly let slip that he could go SSJ2 to Vegeta during the Dabura fight, and while Gohan was fighting him, got into an argument with Goku about how to deal with the bullshit.

Vegeta just never seemed to react or care about Gohan despite Gohan consistently being more powerful than him after the Cell Saga.

Until Super anyways.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the 17 and Goku fight was lame apart from 17's shield

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's made up for the fact that they felt the need to explain the plot hole about 17 knowing Goku's voice in the Buu saga.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
One thing I wish that had happened over the 7 year timeskip would be Vegeta taking more of an interest in Gohan as the son of his rival and one of the only Saiyans left.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

One thing I wish that had happened over the 7 year timeskip would be Vegeta taking more of an interest in Gohan as the son of his rival and one of the only Saiyans left.

I think its best if Vegita leaves Gohan alone

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

On the one hand, it is a little weird that this godly power that took a ritual to even achieve can be matched by a some guy who trained real hard sorta. On the other hand, you could kinda say that the Androids being able to outmatch the Z fighters during their first appearance came out of nowhere so eh.

I can believe that 17 might be stupid tough because of how ridiculous he starts out. Freeze starts out super strong and trains for a few months and surpasses god level strength, 17 started off a lot stronger than Freeza did, so his training over a longer period might pay off as much or more.

Alternatively: PLABS.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

he's a filthy halfbreed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I figure Vegeta never cares about Gohan because he has Gohan pegged exactly for what he is - a scholar boy with all that hybrid vigor and insane potential, but he will never capitalize on it because it's just not in his nature to. His free time is study, work, students, and family, and he'd have to give most of that up if he wanted training to be in there to. The best Gohan can hope for is to genuinely push himself when the time comes for it, and try to blow past the current ceiling just enough to overwhelm the current threat.

Vegeta just keeps trucking up, nice and steady, while Goku tears a path up hill like he was back digging fields with Krillin, while Gohan loads himself into a rickety homemade rocket, pulls the pin, prays to win, fire away, before he comes crashing back down a few hours later.

EDIT: In any instance or AU or timeline or what-if where Gohan just went full sadist Saiyan and trained every day like his life depended on it, which it would and has dozens of times since Cell, then you bet your loving butter Vegeta would be terrified and shoving Goku aside to try to Prince on his rear end

Black August fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 17, 2017

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Black August posted:

I figure Vegeta never cares about Gohan because he has Gohan pegged exactly for what he is - a scholar boy with all that hybrid vigor and insane potential, but he will never capitalize on it because it's just not in his nature to. His free time is study, work, students, and family, and he'd have to give most of that up if he wanted training to be in there to. The best Gohan can hope for is to genuinely push himself when the time comes for it, and try to blow past the current ceiling just enough to overwhelm the current threat.

Vegeta just keeps trucking up, nice and steady, while Goku tears a path up hill like he was back digging fields with Krillin, while Gohan loads himself into a rickety homemade rocket, pulls the pin, prays to win, fire away, before he comes crashing back down a few hours later.

EDIT: In any instance or AU or timeline or what-if where Gohan just went full sadist Saiyan and trained every day like his life depended on it, which it would and has dozens of times since Cell, then you bet your loving butter Vegeta would be terrified and shoving Goku aside to try to Prince on his rear end

Based on Future Trunks' timeline, I just like to think that a Gohan fully dedicated to training simply can't ever tap into his full potential. Fully dedicating his life to fighting and getting stronger just leads to him becoming less emotionally raw and Gohan only ever hits new peaks from being emotionally strained to his limits or by someone simply cracking open some of his potential for him.

Basically he's got a pool of insane power that will always be just beyond his ability to reach by himself. He needs outside influences to break those barriers. All he can do is maintain his body so he can continue accessing those reserves once he's been tapped into them.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rutibex posted:

I think its best if Vegita leaves Gohan alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGwd26UMcQA

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Adder Moray posted:

Based on Future Trunks' timeline, I just like to think that a Gohan fully dedicated to training simply can't ever tap into his full potential. Fully dedicating his life to fighting and getting stronger just leads to him becoming less emotionally raw and Gohan only ever hits new peaks from being emotionally strained to his limits or by someone simply cracking open some of his potential for him.

Basically he's got a pool of insane power that will always be just beyond his ability to reach by himself. He needs outside influences to break those barriers. All he can do is maintain his body so he can continue accessing those reserves once he's been tapped into them.

I feel a lot of that was just because so much was already lost and gone. A lot of his former motivation and that raw emotion was lost to the wasteland. Murder Trunks and I bet you'd have seen him rev the engine, but otherwise yeah, you need a start point like the end of the Cell saga to see the kind of Gohan I'm imagining.

If the Buu saga happened one year later instead of seven, you'd have a gently caress of a timeline.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Babadi notices all of the insane power on the Earth "Well let's go there right now!"

Arrives

Gohan one punch mans his way through his forces

"I have made error"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Black August posted:

I feel a lot of that was just because so much was already lost and gone. A lot of his former motivation and that raw emotion was lost to the wasteland. Murder Trunks and I bet you'd have seen him rev the engine, but otherwise yeah, you need a start point like the end of the Cell saga to see the kind of Gohan I'm imagining.

If the Buu saga happened one year later instead of seven, you'd have a gently caress of a timeline.

He also didn't have anyone to guide him from the time he was a kid, so he never learned how to tap into all that potential. Even now he asks Piccolo to train him.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't wait for the inevitable Piccolo training Gohan episode.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

Also correct me if I'm wrong but we've been told multiple times that God of Destruction is a job, not a species, so there are quite a lot of people who've reached that level and gotten offered a job, as well as presumably at least some who got that far and didn't.

It's gonna turn out that nerd kai's universe is actually super weak and the reason their GoD is robot is because no one reached that level so they built someone who did.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

This still cracks me up. That and the Brolly one with his dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2-xuUffi4

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's gonna turn out that nerd kai's universe is actually super weak and the reason their GoD is robot is because no one reached that level so they built someone who did.

Can't wait for the future story arc in that universe where everyone is measured by their intellectual level.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

Can't wait for the future story arc in that universe where everyone is measured by their intellectual level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS8CYH9Hch4&t=135s

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope Tien kicks goku's rear end next

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what I wanna know is which thing that goku should already know will tien teach him by kicking his rear end

will he blow up the ring or will piccolo teach him that move. krillin already brought out the solar flare so that's tien's entire bag of useful tricks run dry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

CharlestonJew posted:

I hope Tien kicks goku's rear end next

:agreed:

Tien uses Kikoho x 100 against SSB Goku, which knocks him into a pit.

• Locked thread