Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Cards games, what do i look like some kind of loving nerd? I just want something from Nintendo that costs 4x as much as other perfectly sensible alternatives , that has Pikachu or Mario's famous hat on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Throw them in loose and just dont sit on your purse. Or do and then buy different color replacements

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Pakistani politics posted:

Cards games, what do i look like some kind of loving nerd? I just want something from Nintendo that costs 4x as much as other perfectly sensible alternatives , that has Pikachu or Mario's famous hat on it.

only if it has a sheikah slate decal on it

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
well that's what I do and it works out ok. They turn on and off a bunch but they are light enough and don't scratch much.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bought a Switch carrying case the other day and some stranger saw it and asked, "Hey, got your Switch in there?" Annoyed I simply told her no, I had just bought the case and that my Switch was at home at the moment. She then went on to say that she had a Switch and was enjoying it. I nodded my head in agreement and with the hope of buying this case I can take it with me more often. Later on she suggested that we ever meet again we should both bring our Switches. I simply said, "that would be okay" and exited the bus. That was almost a month ago and I have not seen that girl since.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

a.lo posted:

Bought a Switch carrying case the other day and some stranger saw it and asked, "Hey, got your Switch in there?" Annoyed I simply told her no, I had just bought the case and that my Switch was at home at the moment. She then went on to say that she had a Switch and was enjoying it. I nodded my head in agreement and with the hope of buying this case I can take it with me more often. Later on she suggested that we ever meet again we should both bring our Switches. I simply said, "that would be okay" and exited the bus. That was almost a month ago and I have not seen that girl since.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Dude a girl was hitting on you

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I am loving stoked to get back into MK8 with 200cc out of the box. It really turns silly racing game into a :holymoley: I have to actually race now while dodging silly crap :D

Seriously 200cc MK is insane in the best way.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I bought Mario Kart 8 on release as well as all of its DLC and I traded it in so I could buy the Switch version when it comes out.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

man nurse posted:

I bought Mario Kart 8 on release as well as all of its DLC and I traded it in so I could buy the Switch version when it comes out.

Same but I didn't trade it in and now I'll have two copies like a loving goon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

turn on your tv

nerdy highschool rubix cube club teens will be extremely hype for this. they might even solve it in front of their backs just to see its cool art this time even though they can do it behind their backs cause they memorized the algorithm

They wouldn't because this cube will be garbage and won't compare to the WeiLong GTS Air or whatever speedcube they have. Welp, trap sprung I guess.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Saw somebody wondering how well MK8DX ran on an actual Switch, Nintendo Life UK attended a Nintendo event - claims it runs at a solid 60 fps even in two player split screen, and looks better than the Wii U game. Not sure howmcredible they are as I usually just go there for Thursday download summaries.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/preview_battle_mode_is_back_on_form_in_mario_kart_8_deluxe

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'd be surprised otherwise. MK8 ever slowed down it did so infrequently I don't recall it, and I played a far amount of online since my inner 12yo was never so happy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Ausgoons - It looks like EBGames is now stocking the Official Nintendo Switch Case - $30 :siren:

Be forewarned that it looks like it's a soft-case and will not protect from bends, etc.

I grabbed a hard-case from JB HiFi for the same price and I'm pretty happy with it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

LethalGeek posted:

I am loving stoked to get back into MK8 with 200cc out of the box. It really turns silly racing game into a :holymoley: I have to actually race now while dodging silly crap :D

Seriously 200cc MK is insane in the best way.

I'm kinda on the fence on rebuying MK8, but getting the chance to school small children on 200c day one is very appealing.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
I technically didn't "buy" MK8 (It was a console bundle and just a download) so I'm buying it physically along with Puyo Puyo Tetris and gonna have a real fun day :toot:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

a.lo posted:

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
When I played Mario Kart at a switch preview event it seemed to run smoothly, but I was playing handheld and I am not the most observent person.

To bus dude, you make me sad, I would love a real life switch friend! Think of splatoon handheld multi player...

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

hey how come botw's lock on system is less functional than the one in oot in terms of quickly switching enemies while also choosing to retain the lack of a dodge when outside of lock on?

it kinda sucks to lose dodge when not locked on in botw imo

yeah i really wish there was dodging outside of lock-on. the lock-on was more of a hindrance than a help to me most of the time

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

a.lo posted:

Lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Feenix posted:

Has there been any confirmation from reputable sources on how MK8 runs on actual Switch?

I see a lot of people saying poo poo like "well since it ran flawlessly on Wii-U etc etc..." and I mean, sure, common logic states we can infer...

But folks have been thrown for a loop before.

Here's hoping, though!

Digital foundry did an analysis of the January footage and apparently it runs at a rock solid 1080p/60, as opposed to almost smooth 720p/60 on the WiiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r2-nVHZ_bQ

I hope Nintendo doesn't hoard its optimization tricks, if they can get this running on 1080p/60 a lot of pretty games should be able to do it as well

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Ausgoons - It looks like EBGames is now stocking the Official Nintendo Switch Case - $30 :siren:

Be forewarned that it looks like it's a soft-case and will not protect from bends, etc.

I grabbed a hard-case from JB HiFi for the same price and I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks for the headsup on this. It's the case I was chasing before I ordered my Butterfox.

Speaking of my Butterfox case, that Australia Post ShopMate service has received it from Amazon and has resent it on to me. I'll post photos and give impressions once it arrives next week hopefully.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
I can't see the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the difference is 30 more fps :eng101:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I'm focused on a game I can't really tell the difference

When I watch a video on youtube I can. Dunno what's up with that.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I'm not really into FPS games so I don't worry about it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

pippy posted:

I can't see the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

I envy you

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When I'm focused on a game I can't really tell the difference

When I watch a video on youtube I can. Dunno what's up with that.

i can tell immediately but i can acclimate to it as long as it's a steady 30 or 60. if the framerate is uneven it kinda drives me nuts deep down

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Is there anyway to give Paya in Zelda the D? She's super thirsty and totally peaking with boxers only Link.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

uhhh

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

It's amazing how readily nerds react to a character that blushes and hornily fawns over them for no reason whatsoever. I wonder why this is....

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Gonna play my Switch today. What a day to be alive.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I mean, it's a fair question

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Any word on Skyrim? I was getting the itch to play on the PC again, but if it's coming to Switch at a decent price, I may wait. But I'm not dropping $60 for it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cartoon Man posted:

Any word on Skyrim? I was getting the itch to play on the PC again, but if it's coming to Switch at a decent price, I may wait. But I'm not dropping $60 for it.

I got bad news for you friend....

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Probably around September or October, and probably $60 or however much the rerelease was on PS4 and XB1.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

parallelodad posted:

Probably around September or October, and probably $60 or however much the rerelease was on PS4 and XB1.

Thanks, that's too long to wait and way too much to pay again. The most I was willing was $30-$40 and only cause it's portable Skyrim on my Switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well it might be $40. I assume it will cost the same as the other ones that recently came out but I have no idea how much those actually were.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The ps4 and Xbone ones were also 60 bucks.

You'll just have to hope for a sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

has there even been any confirmation if the switch skyrim is the enhanced version or not? i almost wouldn't be surprised if it's the game as it was in 2011.

• Locked thread