Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

KataraniSword posted:

I'd prioritize Sleep or Confuse resist myself for Heineken; just because he has AoE confuse as his counter doesn't mean he can't use it whenever he wants, too. That was a bit of a scramble when two of our healers got confused right after a Y'shtola dropped Asylum.

Hey, she fixed it with Ultra-Cure. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

dupe/11 ugh

now I get to play the "should I throw more mythril at a couple of banners with 2 dupes on them each" game

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
100 gemmed up a Desch SSB. Don't care tons about it, but I guess down the line I can start a Lightning team?

No more 11 pulls on FF3 though, had the most painful pull I have ever witnessed on banner 1. (Would have screenshotted it, but no clue how to do it on my budget POS phone).

7/11
Arc SSB
Refia SSB
Refia SSB #2
Refia SSB #3
CoD SSB
CoD SSB #2
CoD SSB #3.

at least the pull I did the next morning out of boredom with Myth netted me CoD's BSB...and two more Arc SSBs.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I sailed through the 200 Hein battle with a pubbie team with little difficulty, and then tried to get it in the 160 level and had a guy who kept physically attacking even though he had spells equipped and got the entire team hit with confuse, and then tried it again and beat it, but lost the mastery because the player with breaks tried to hit Hein with them once, missed, and then gave up.

Oh, pubbies.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man this CM is a bitch, he's really easy until like the last 20% of his HP and then he goes nuts and starts dropping ultimate meteor followed by doublecast AoE. Resistance-ignoring attacks when you don't have any good debuff SBs in a realm are brutal.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man this CM is a bitch, he's really easy until like the last 20% of his HP and then he goes nuts and starts dropping ultimate meteor followed by doublecast AoE. Resistance-ignoring attacks when you don't have any good debuff SBs in a realm are brutal.

Yeah, it's pretty rough. I barely managed to pull out a win thanks to Arc's blink medica, which allowed my party to dodge a hit that would have killed 4 of them

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Aw hell yeah I got Ingus' BSB. :toot:

Ingus is a cool and good boy and I'm glad I finally have a thing for him. Bonus points that it's his best thing and pretty drat amazing in general.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Emperor's USB has Mateus trying his hand at Maria's methods.
Leon's USB puts the Darkness into Dark Knight (with a Crimson Cross chaser to show off)
Josef's BSB shows that he just can't avoid falling boulders - so why not harness the avalanche?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Did three pulls on this, on hopes of finally getting OK BSB, with the major consolation prices of Desch and Ingus BSB's:

Now sitting pretty a 6 dupes, none of them being the three BSB I want. I've now also spent 600+ mythril on banners with the OK Gauntlets, including one free pull, and a bit of cash too. Still don't have them. :shepicide:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

I've now also spent 600+ mythril on banners with the OK Gauntlets, including one free pull, and a bit of cash too. Still don't have them. :shepicide:

This is how I feel about Wall. :shepicide:

It's pretty awful when you actually get tempted by the goddamn year old Keeper's Choice banners because they allegedly have the thing you desire.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
Is there a "best" way to develop OK? I broke my rule of only pulling for characters I like, and was rewarded with his staff and gauntlets.

I have him at level 91, and have 22 onion motes.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

Is there a "best" way to develop OK? I broke my rule of only pulling for characters I like, and was rewarded with his staff and gauntlets.

I have him at level 91, and have 22 onion motes.

It depends on your team make up, and what slot he's going to be taking. You have enough onion motes for everything, so 4* motes are going to be your bottleneck (unless you have a ton of those too? in which case go crazy)

His BSB is basically self sustaining, so he should get a mako/dr mog and be your haste-bot, then give him whatever abilities you need for the fight
With white 5 he can take half of proshellga and free up a slot on someone else.
With support 5 he can run your breaks
With combat 5 he can life siphon to minimize the downtime between bsbs (it is occasionally two actions if something goes wrong, with lifesiphon it won't be ever)
Black 5 is probably his weakest option.

Don't bother with his other dives unless you're swimming in motes, someone else can almost certainly put them to better use. In my mage team OK generally runs half of proshellga and a breakdown, depending on medal conditions and boss attacks.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Black 5 is OK's strongest option because he is a very very very strong black Mage.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Black 5 is OK's strongest option because he is a very very very strong black Mage.

He is, but compared to the utility of his other dives....

But then I guess I have plenty of strong mages. With different relics I might value his damage higher.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mithross posted:

He is, but compared to the utility of his other dives....

But then I guess I have plenty of strong mages. With different relics I might value his damage higher.

I mean, once you're rolling Mage, finding someone with a white 4 isn't hard. So it's not particularly valuable, though, sure, it's convenient. (I actually used him as a primary healer with Dank Squad for the FF3 U last night!)

Support 5 is definitely worth doing regardless - one of the best things about OK is that I can give him Full Break to tag a boss for medals and full Mage gear, and if he's in the front row, it'll hit for 9999 anyway.

Combat 5 is what you're really overrating unless you intend to PC/FC, IMO (which also requires diving for Cel/Nin5). If you would want to Lifesiphon, you can just as easily use Wrath (and his command 2 is >>>>>>>>>> command 1, so even if you also have shout, whatever.)

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Onion Knight is the only FF3 character that can equip Full Break, so dive him for Support 5 if you care about CMs.

If you are using his BSB then kite him out for magic because command 2 does more damage overall than command 1 if you're strictly self-chaining. Which is also the main reason to dive him for Black 5; when his BSB runs out you want to finish off the chain with a 5* black magic that hits weakness (or Meltdown) then re-cast the BSB and start the sequence over again. Nevermind the fat MAG boost he'll get from diving as well.

Generally the best path is to give him all the MAG boosting stuff, then fill out the rest as you need. Or if you're crazy and OK is one of your chase characters and you have everything for him and use him on every team.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it goes without saying but really if he's level 91 the first thing you should be doing is running those exp dungeons a couple of times to get him topped off at 99 since that's what shoots his stats through the roof

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
OK's probably the best Ninja in the game, too. Honestly if you're good on 4* motes you should just fully dive him and use him in some capacity for every single piece of content except CMs

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Now that the new dailies are coming soon, I'm working on putting together a shopping list for 5* abilities to work towards.

I've already taken care of leveling Full Break, Full Charge, the Monk, Knight, Dancer, and Sharpshooter 5*s, and I'm working on the Chain 'gas, Powerchain, and the Spellblades.

Which 5* "class" abilities worth honing to R2 or 3? I've included the BSBs I own in case that changes priorities.

- Dragoon Abilities like Dragoon Jump, Lightning Dive, and Sky Grinder (I have Luneth and Freya's BSBs)
- Machinist Abilities like Bio Grenade and Rapid Fire (I have Reno and Balthier's BSBs)
- Ninja Abilities like Doppelblade, Raging Storm, and Smoldering Fire (I have no Ninja BSBs other than OKs)
- Thief Abilities like Dash and Slash and Poison Leaves (I have Rikku's BSB and Vaan's OSB, TR is already at R3)
- Darkness Abilities like Reaping Scythe, Sanguine Cross, Morbid Countdown, and Dire Heal (I have Sephiroth, Jecht, and Kuja's BSBs, Dark Zone is already at R3)
- Summon Abilities like Titan, Omega Weapon, and Tiamat (Bahamut is already at R3)

There are just so many abilities now, and I have no concept of which ones are worth using anymore.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Support 5 also allows him to use Affliction Break which is pure awesome against status inflicting bosses.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Please stop, I'm trying to resist the urge to pull a third time chasing those drat ok gauntlets. :negative:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There is always the Ascians. But if we're talking playable badguy it has to be Gaius.
Nero would be a solid contender, too. Gaius is awesome, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got Nero first.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Please stop, I'm trying to resist the urge to pull a third time chasing those drat ok gauntlets. :negative:

It's a mediocre banner otherwise, and if you have a bunch of dupes by now, it's really not worth the risk.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I know, plus I lack the resources to fit him out, but my Mage team needs a better buffer than Braska Summoners Dream. :(

Bell_ posted:

Nero would be a solid contender, too. Gaius is awesome, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got Nero first.

Nero is a cool dude. And they could give him a wardrobe sphere to switch between his coolred Legatus armor and his scruffy post-legion adventurer attire.

Speaking of which HW outfit wardrobe spheres for the Scions when?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 17, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Managed to do the Cid Mission by pretending Luneth was a mage and RWing Cid Raines, so I don't need to worry about that for my second pull at least

EDIT: I did it

better

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 17, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Speaking of which HW outfit wardrobe spheres for the Scions when?

FFRK only just added Garuda (I think); they still have plenty of vanilla content to go through before releasing expansion stuff.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

wizard on a water slide posted:

OK's probably the best Ninja in the game, too. Honestly if you're good on 4* motes you should just fully dive him and use him in some capacity for every single piece of content except CMs

Edge and Yuffie easily beat him, and he more or less ties with Fujin. Having +damage is way more important than higher MAG as a Ninja.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Which 5* "class" abilities worth honing to R2 or 3? I've included the BSBs I own in case that changes priorities.

There are just so many abilities now, and I have no concept of which ones are worth using anymore.

In order:
  • Lightning Dive and/or Dragoon Jump are great for DPS, but work better if you have no dragoon BSBs or Kain BSB; Freya and Luneth prefer Sky High or their own burst commands. Sky Grinder isn't even classed as a jump attack, skip it unless you really need AoE damage.
  • Rapid Fire is okay, but hold off on it since we get Tempest Snipe (which is drat good, especially on Reno) in two events.
  • All ninja magic is equally useful, just in different elemental flavors. Physical ninja skills are pretty poo poo, however. Skip Doppelblade.
  • Unless you're hitting an elemental, a maxed out Thieves' Revenge is going to be better in a utility sense (thanks to its healing) than either of the dagger skills. Dash and Slash has decent synergy with the windy dragoons, though, if that's a factor. They're mostly good for using on people with Thief 5 that don't have good enough Speed to ride TR - notably Record Sphere'd Noel and Tyro.
  • The physical darkness abilities are pretty crap currently. Dark Zone will generally be fine instead of Morbid Countdown, but Dire Heal is nice if you want survivability over power.
  • Which summons you use depend on which summoners you have enelements for. Rydia and Rinoa love Titan. Alphinaud loves Tiamat (as does anyone who can boost their MAG to astronomical levels). Ultima Weapon provides the best elemental coverage; dark is resisted a lot less often than Earth and Wind.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Pulled last night for Onion Gauntlets:

1/11, Desch Gauntlets

Pulled this morning:

1/11, Desch Gauntlets

Rage-pulled my last 50 Mythril:

That's better.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

IllegallySober posted:

Pulled last night for Onion Gauntlets:

1/11, Desch Gauntlets

Pulled this morning:

1/11, Desch Gauntlets

Rage-pulled my last 50 Mythril:

That's better.

Tell us how you enjoy your 8* Desch Gauntlets. :v:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

KataraniSword posted:

Tell us how you enjoy your 8* Desch Gauntlets. :v:

They can go in the pile with my 8* Onion Sword (after I find a spare 8 million Gil for those two and my eventual 9* Cloud OSB sword :v: )

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My finger is getting tired from kicking out all these Clouds with R5 lifesiphons from the Hein fight.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

:getin:

Fantastic pull, didn't have any of these...more importantly finally have the gauntlets!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Fister Roboto posted:

My finger is getting tired from kicking out all these Clouds with R5 lifesiphons from the Hein fight.

I had a plague of Ramza's. Which somehow feels even worse.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

drat all of you pulling gauntlets. If I didn't already have the OSB and literally every SSB on the banner, I'd probably give it another shot.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Get in the goon discord. There is literally no good reason to do raids with pubbies.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

KataraniSword posted:

[*]Unless you're hitting an elemental, a maxed out Thieves' Revenge is going to be better in a utility sense (thanks to its healing) than either of the dagger skills. Dash and Slash has decent synergy with the windy dragoons, though, if that's a factor. They're mostly good for using on people with Thief 5 that don't have good enough Speed to ride TR - notably Record Sphere'd Noel and Tyro.
[*]The physical darkness abilities are pretty crap currently. Dark Zone will generally be fine instead of Morbid Countdown, but Dire Heal is nice if you want survivability over power.

Wind is a fairly common weakness, so that one can be good to hone. I put it to great use recently myself, where it was better than TR due to my healer bsb keeping my health up. Poison leaves is both a less common weakness and a less common resisted element. Since TR is non-elemental, it's not that important unless you have leila's bsb. They're still decent skills though.

As for physical darkness abilities, sanguine cross is getting a buff in such that it will reduce your health a good bit less. It will actually become a decent option, especially with the physical 2-hit drain skill coming up. So I'd suggest keeping it for now, and honing it later. The other 5* darkness skills are poo poo, save dark zone and dire heal.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

I had a plague of Ramza's. Which somehow feels even worse.

I had three teams with Onion Knight BSBs join me, and combined with my Yuna BSB2 we just melted Hein

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Sprite141 posted:

The other 5* darkness skills are poo poo, save dark zone and dire heal.

Is Dire Heal good then? I got a copy but assumed it was gimmicky and not worth it without trying it much. But I often run Raines, so I could use it if it was worth it and didn't need weakness hits from something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

Is Dire Heal good then? I got a copy but assumed it was gimmicky and not worth it without trying it much. But I often run Raines, so I could use it if it was worth it and didn't need weakness hits from something else.

It's basically a stronger two-hit Drainga. The "two-hit" is the important part - more hits means higher damage cieling means better healing. It's part of what makes Golbez's BSB so good.

• Locked thread