Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
You wanna get something like this : https://www.amazon.com/Interdynamics-AF-22-Synthetic-Refrigerant-Recharge/dp/B002S70MP6

It's got the little hose you attach to the low side port of the a/c in the car. It'll tell you the pressure, and if it's low, you can add the freon in the can. If it's high, then you need to take it in because you probably have a leak.

You can buy the little hose for about 10$ at a local auto zone or car shop, if you just wanna do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I want to get my mom a Roku, because she pays close to $200 a loving month for cable and Internet, but she doesn't want to lose the 48 hours of DVR poo poo. It's all reruns! It's the loving Big Bang Theory and cop shows and poo poo.

She also doesn't know what kind of TV she has, other than 'a big one.'

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My internet is down.

AND

My Xbox controller broke in a way I didn't even know controllers can break.

So no video games or torrenting anime. I have no way to distract myself from my thoughts.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
There is some huge rear end gay storm about to hit the country and the shops are closed tomorrow because of egg holiday so i've got to bust my rear end home get the bike from the workshop put on my wet weather gear and do like 2 trips to the supermarket and licker store to get supplies for the inevitably awful weather that will hit tomorrow.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Chocolate hot cross buns are great and they've been on sale since January so I have eaten far too many of them. They will probably not be sold after Easter despite being objectively excellent so soon I will have to wait until the start of next year to get more.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Guy Goodbody posted:

My internet is down.

AND

So no video games or torrenting anime. I have no way to distract myself from my thoughts.

Read a book you loving goon.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

My internet is down.

AND

Sounds like God is doing you a favour.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Guy Goodbody posted:

My internet is down.

AND

JUST read all my posts for a while.

You're welcome.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
More like oldmodestyless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've got a date with the gf tomorrow and while it's to a restaurant I like, I kinda don't wanna go because I'm a lazy hermit of a man and kinda hate going places and doing stuff. We haven't gone anywhere for dinner in a while though (that wasn't some holiday or birthday related time), so it's probably best to go and enjoy myself.

I'm just annoyed cause I gotta wear pants and the only plans I had before this involved just napping.

Food should be good though, so that's a bonus. It's gonna tear the hell outta my gut though, so that kinda sucks.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Food should be good though, so that's a bonus. It's gonna tear the hell outta my gut though, so that kinda sucks.

Just a kinda general tip, order food that will not do that?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

genetic_knockout posted:

I was working offsite for a few days, and I think someone swapped out my office chair while I was gone!! This one feels suspiciously tall. Wtf!

Also, I know a surprising amount of people who get both Friday and Monday off, and no one believes that I have to work Monday. They think I'm trying to blow them off or something. Nope, just don't have a cushy government job like you, Fucko.

Edit: also, I think someone stole my box of kleenex while I was gone! Jesus. I brought that from home :sad:

One of the stores I work at is closed on Sunday but unfortunately I work at another store Sundays, which isn't closed. :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A while ago, my girlfriend surprised me with the fact that she ordered me a Hydrate Spark 2.0 water bottle. It's more for fitness junkies and millennials who feel even their water bottles need to be "smart", but hey, it's the thought that counts.

Step 2 - step loving two - is to twist Top Part and Bottom Part together. Triangle bit that sticks out locks into triangle indentation, fancy electronics turn on and become waterproof. Even watched an instruction video before I did anything.

That was three hours ago. If either Top Part or Bottom Part have moved, I can't detect it. Maybe I hosed up and tightened it the wrong way or something, I dunno, but this fucker has beaten me. Can't wap it with the dull edge of a butter knife or run it underwater to losen it up.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have books I want to read but I can't get beyond the first couple chapters before shelving them indefinitely and going back to playing games.

Yesterday I reinstalled a game I hadn't played in years and had a blast playing it again, but I stayed up way too late and overslept this morning.

We still haven't found a new place to rent and we're supposed to move out in two weeks. We do have a couple places lined up to view, but at this point we may have to settle for something less than ideal. There was one rental we looked at which is in the same complex and would have been the easiest, most perfect move... and then the owner decided he wanted to sell it instead. :argh:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

I have books I want to read but I can't get beyond the first couple chapters before shelving them indefinitely and going back to playing games.

I have a big backlog of games I really want to get through but I keep getting distracted by an MMO and an FPS, neither of which have any tangible endpoint where I can be like "ok I beat this time to move to the next game"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I ate SO MUCH FOOD and I'm gonna be in a coma soon. A food coma.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

I have a big backlog of games I really want to get through but I keep getting distracted by an MMO and an FPS, neither of which have any tangible endpoint where I can be like "ok I beat this time to move to the next game"

Oh god, I have a big problem with MMO's. I used to play FFXI and FFXIV on and off. I had to quit both when I realized how much time I was dumping into them.

I do want to play through the story quests when the new FFXIV expansion drops, but I'd rather not get sucked into another ultimate weapon grind like I did before.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I love to read, and do it often, but I can really relate to wanting to set it down and get the dirty dopamine rush of video games. Going out to a quiet coffee shop with my book or bringing a coffee to the library does wonders for my concentration though, I did that today and I would have been happy if I had spent six hours there.

Anyway, a FWP that constantly vexes me is trying to get delivery to my girlfriend's dorm. Although there's a road leading up to it, it's in the middle of campus and doesn't have an actual street address to enter for GPS navigation. No matter how detailed the directions I give to the restaurant, the delivery guys call me from seemingly random places around the campus.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I feel guilty getting take-out because of the plastic and styrofoam waste. But it's so convenient!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My downstairs neighbours are grilling meat and it's making me hungry, but it will be at least a full hours before my family Easter lunch. But I'm hungry now! :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
It's 5:30am, I'm cranky, hungry, and these assholes are taking way too long to make my loving sandwich. How long does it take to put turkey on a bun? Ughhhjj this sandwich was also $10. And the bathroom is playing some weird old-timey music that puts me into a murderous rage.

E: I got a cup for water but there's some red syrup dripping into the water, but the water is attached to the lemonade. What the hell.

E2: the cashier is reading off this horrifically obnoxious script with everyone:

:what: (but emphatically and with pep. So like, doesn't care/is tired but is pretending to be happy, if that makes sense)
:what:Good morning how are you doing welcome to Place.
*customer orders*
:what:May I have your name sir/ma'am?
*name*
:what:Thank you Mr/Ms Name (i.e. Mr Tim/Ms Mary). Are you paying cash or credit (etc)
*transaction occurs*
:what:You have a great day Mr/Ms Name and thank you for coming to Place.
*food comes out*
:what:Mr/Ms Name? Here you go Mr/Ms Name. Thank you have a great day Mr/Ms Name (occasionally adding "and I would like to thank you for coming to Place" again)

Im hearing it every 20 seconds so ugh. Ms Thin Privilege is not having a great day, sorry lady.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:20 on Apr 16, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

How did you spend ten dollars on a turkey sandwich at 5:30 in the morning?

I'm no Big City Lawyer but my workdays start super duper early and I cannot think of a single place that I could spend that much on a sandwich before sunrise even if I set my mind to it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thank you, neighbor 2 doors down. I needed a 5:15AM wakeup call this morning, and gunning the engine on the ultra-loud motorcycle you just bought for 5 minutes was just the thing!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kelp Me! posted:

Thank you, neighbor 2 doors down. I needed a 5:15AM wakeup call this morning, and gunning the engine on the ultra-loud motorcycle you just bought for 5 minutes was just the thing!

I don't understand how people like this think. At no point do they think about anyone else? We've been living as social creatures for literally thousands of years. Shouldn't these genes have been bred out by now?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Outrail posted:

I don't understand how people like this think. At no point do they think about anyone else? We've been living as social creatures for literally thousands of years. Shouldn't these genes have been bred out by now?

It's all about attention.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's all about attention.

South Park's take on this was awesome.

gently caress, attention whores on Facebook. You can almost set a clock to it; every two weeks, the president of our cat rescue goes on a Pity Party Facebook rank. How she is SO SERIOUS SHE IS QUITTING AND CANT DO THIS ANYMORE. After a few hours of everyone consoling her on Facebook, offering to bring her lunch, she gets better. Till the next time. So Saturday she posted up some thing about how she is having a Sunday Clean Party at her house! Who wants to come and clean her patio and help her paint?

Because she has bad knees, and doesn't work outside the rescue. So she can't do it herself.

Two people volunteered. Because it's loving Easter Sunday. So she canceled, and this morning, another rant about how she can't do this anymore and just whining like mad.

For the first time ever, a volunteer called her on it. Asked her to "please spare us, it's Easter Sunday."

Within seconds the president replied: "I'm Jewish, not my holiday!"

The next five minutes were nothing but religious arguing. How the president can't take care of animals if she can't take care of herself, and if she needs help, we need to help her! There are other holidays you can spend with family! (Seriously one person posted this, and insisted everyone go to her house and start cleaning as a surprise.) Church isn't all day!

It's like watching a documentary on a cult.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

An acquaintance/friend just bought me a game on Steam I've wanted for ages (Planet Coaster) and I genuinely don't know how to react. It's not like it's some huge bank-breaking thing, sure, but I feel like I'm gonna cry or something.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My wonton soup is slightly too salty. :smith:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Who wants to come and clean her patio and help her paint?

What the hell is with people and "painting parties?" No I don't want to help you paint your house you loving psychopath.
"BYOB! (Bring Your Own Brush!)"
Yeah I'll bring a nice bristly one to ram up your rear end.

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007

yo rear end is grass posted:

What the hell is with people and "painting parties?" No I don't want to help you paint your house you loving psychopath.

Don't you dare Help me whitewash this fence! It sure is fun!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

yo rear end is grass posted:

I painted my own house once. gently caress you if you think Im going to come help you do that again without pay.

The only thing more ridiculous are people who have fundraiser parties for their wedding.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Don't you guys help your friends paint their houses when they move? I always thought this was normal friend habits. I helped most of my friends move/clean/paint when they get to a new place and they helped me when I did the same. Of course I'm talking about real friends, not coworkers and acquaintances. If they are just repainting their houses then yeah do it yourself or pay someone unless you're my best friend and we drink beer while we paint.

My first world problem is that I'm having twins so we're going to have 3 kids instead of 2 and that's a little unpractical. We have enough money to manage and won't really be in trouble and we both have great families that will help us a lot, but we probably won't be able to do a cool trip with them during parental leave like we did with our first because gently caress doing 8 hours in an airplane with 2 babies and a toddler. So yeah this whole twin business is inconvenient.

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Apr 17, 2017

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I think it's the strangers/casual friends part of inviting people to paint your house that's weird. Yeah, of course I'll help a friend paint their house or move or whatever, and of course they'll provide beer and food and reciprocate. A painting party is as weird as a moving party.

E: my coffee is too hot and I don't have enough time to let it cool appropriately.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Pastry of the Year posted:

How did you spend ten dollars on a turkey sandwich at 5:30 in the morning?

I'm no Big City Lawyer but my workdays start super duper early and I cannot think of a single place that I could spend that much on a sandwich before sunrise even if I set my mind to it.

I was in an airport. In the South. Which explains the people drinking at the opened bar at 5:30 am. The other options were grits, some fried egg and sausage thing, and some fried... I don't remember what but it looked and sounded gross. I thanked god that I found an edible sandwich at some small corner fast food place. I had to ask them to make it without the mayo, mustard sauce, and ranch dressing :barf:. And there was no Starbucks. What kind of hellhole airport doesn't have a Starbucks--oh, this one

E: this was an international airport lol.

E2: I really didn't want to say it before but now that I said it's the south I want to point out that the "yes Sir, thank you Sir" was coming from an African American lady to all white customers. It really rubbed me the wrong way. I know it was a script she had to say but :/

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Apr 17, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sorry you willfully refused to eat great tasting food

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

I was in an airport. In the South. Which explains the people drinking at the opened bar at 5:30 am. The other options were grits, some fried egg and sausage thing, and some fried... I don't remember what but it looked and sounded gross. I thanked god that I found an edible sandwich at some small corner fast food place. I had to ask them to make it without the mayo, mustard sauce, and ranch dressing :barf:. And there was no Starbucks. What kind of hellhole airport doesn't have a Starbucks--oh, this one

E: this was an international airport lol.

Which airport were you in because it sounds like Louis Armstrong International Airport, but really it could be any.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Barudak posted:

Which airport were you in because it sounds like Louis Armstrong International Airport, but really it could be any.

I loving love not living in the south. At least one Starbucks at every terminal (read: decent coffee and hot, unsweetened, tea), healthy food (granted it's still $10), and it's clean and modern. Even the lovely little airports are nice. And there's no weird racism (e: there is racism but it isn't as pronounced like yes Sir poo poo I heard down there). This also applies to non-airport places in general. gently caress the South.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Apr 17, 2017

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

KingColliwog posted:

Don't you guys help your friends paint their houses when they move? I always thought this was normal friend habits. I helped most of my friends move/clean/paint when they get to a new place and they helped me when I did the same. Of course I'm talking about real friends, not coworkers and acquaintances. If they are just repainting their houses then yeah do it yourself or pay someone unless you're my best friend and we drink beer while we paint.

My first world problem is that I'm having twins so we're going to have 3 kids instead of 2 and that's a little unpractical. We have enough money to manage and won't really be in trouble and we both have great families that will help us a lot, but we probably won't be able to do a cool trip with them during parental leave like we did with our first because gently caress doing 8 hours in an airplane with 2 babies and a toddler. So yeah this whole twin business is inconvenient.

Painting houses with friends is one thing. Being whined to paint a perfectly able-bodied woman's house while she 'supervises' and chatters with other 'painters' who never lift a brush is not.

The woman in question did post again and state she got food poisoning from a McDonald's salad, and THAT was why she was so upset. Cue several people urging her never to eat 'that slop,' and when she wants a good meal, they'll bring it over!

She has also started asking for nice leather furniture as a donation, because hers is scratched to hell, but she wants leather only. Seriously, bitch would whine about the color fire extinguisher putting her out!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The Pizza Hut dude on the phone screwed up my order (and I didn't pay attention to the total charge that would've raised my eyebrows), but I wanted a single order (I think it's six) of bread sticks.

Nope, I got the family size one that's an entire box of em. I love Pizza Hut breadsticks, but not that much, and even between me and my partner, half of them will inevitably go stale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

The Pizza Hut dude on the phone screwed up my order (and I didn't pay attention to the total charge that would've raised my eyebrows), but I wanted a single order (I think it's six) of bread sticks.

Nope, I got the family size one that's an entire box of em. I love Pizza Hut breadsticks, but not that much, and even between me and my partner, half of them will inevitably go stale.

I ordered pizza online a few days ago, because I'm a goon and don't have to talk to people that way. More importantly, it's easier to check the order for accuracy and I can pay by credit easily. Problem is, the delivery person walked straight past my apartment (seriously there's no way to avoid walking past it because it's right by the stairs and elevator) and attempted to deliver to my neighbor, two doors down. Thankfully this particular neighbor is a good friend and directed them to the right place but come oooon.

There were also out of one side dish that I ordered and didn't bother to tell me until the delivery person got there. <:mad:>