Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Same here. Until one was breaking pieces off, and another beginning to do the same. The dentist said there was nothing he could do for them. So I decided gently caress it take them all because I don't want to be back, and just having just two staggered would feel weird anyway.

But trust me, up until this point i have been telling dentists to gently caress off because they weren't a problem. But when they are they just gotta come out.

If I have one of the three unerupted ones needing to be taken out I'll probably go for all three, since it's full on oral surgery at that time, but for the one I had taken out, there was enough of it there that by taking care of it quickly before it rotted, the dentist was able to do it as a simple in-office extraction with local.

Not looking forward to the day I start having issues with any of the three left, as the recovery will probably suck, even if I am completely out for the actual surgery/extractions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wisdom teeth practically fell out on their own. The surgeon popped them out with the probe, didn't even need pliers.

This loving molar that I had to have yanked, that piece of poo poo would not let go. He had to crack it into multiple pieces and then cut the roots apart.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
mine are in crooked. whatever. they don't hurt and the dentist can suck my nine inch nail. :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I had a molar pulled because *big book of British smiles* and a wisdom tooth burst out and took its place. Thanks brotooth.

Spent the weekend at my parents with my little brother fitting doors, door frames, skirting/baseboards, architrave, laminate flooring etc as my dad's still weak as hell from the heart attack, I learnt a lot and we stopped my dad killing himself trying to do all that. We even convinced him to get a decorator in to quote for all the painting/papering afterwards.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I had a tooth erupt a good three fifths of an inch behind where it was supposed to erupt when I was eleven or so. Had to have the baby tooth it was supposed to replace yanked and needed braces to move it into place.

Two wisdom teeth came out when I was 20. One had to be cut apart and removed so it was a case of "gently caress it knock me out and get all the cavities while you're at it".

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

I am a hair off of a 15 pound loss and I feel loving amazing.

Good on ya Rhyno. I have been losing weight this year as well, work pants are getting baggy on me and 38" pants are no longer tight.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had two teeth come in in the roof of my mouth that they pulled down using braces, then they extracted my wisdom teeth and three baby teeth that hadn't come out when I was 19 then had braces for four years to fix the hot mess

Two years after getting the braces off and being put on adderall I had 14 fillings done at once because methmouth is real and no matter how much brushing you do you're hosed

I'd never had a cavity before I was 22 but then WAMMO

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I had all my wisdom teeth removed for free because NHS

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I had two teeth come in in the roof of my mouth that they pulled down using braces, then they extracted my wisdom teeth and three baby teeth that hadn't come out when I was 19 then had braces for four years to fix the hot mess

Two years after getting the braces off and being put on adderall I had 14 fillings done at once because methmouth is real and no matter how much brushing you do you're hosed

I'd never had a cavity before I was 22 but then WAMMO

Uhhh I never had a problem with my teeth from taking Adderall?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Uhhh I never had a problem with my teeth from taking Adderall?

for some people it can completely shut down your saliva output (hence the cottonmouth side affect) which makes the roots of your teeth dry and susceptible to rot idk that's what the dentist told me after asking me what drugs I was taking and I was like "uh adderall" and he looked at me with this knowing look and was like "ah that'll fuckin do it man"

also I didn't realize adderall was legal in the UK... It was banned in Australia so I assumed that it was banned in the rest of the commonwealth :eyepop:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

also I didn't realize adderall was legal in the UK... It was banned in Australia so I assumed that it was banned in the rest of the commonwealth :eyepop:

The British Commonwealth is really just a cultural and trade body. There are no laws shared between countries who are members. They either have the British Monarch as their head of state or once upon a time did and still wanted to cultural and trade relations with other ex parts of the empire.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BigPaddy posted:

The British Commonwealth is really just a cultural and trade body. There are no laws shared between countries who are members. They either have the British Monarch as their head of state or once upon a time did and still wanted to cultural and trade relations with other ex parts of the empire.

Ya I know that but in general most of their laws are close enough that you know what's up when you go from one to another

That being said I guess Oz does have a significantly larger meth problem than the U.K. which explains a lot :v:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
You know how you start trying to clean up a tiny spot of rust on the wing and it keeps going and going and you end up realising that the entire chassis is rotten?

My dentist had that experience with my tooth last week.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

for some people it can completely shut down your saliva output (hence the cottonmouth side affect) which makes the roots of your teeth dry and susceptible to rot idk that's what the dentist told me after asking me what drugs I was taking and I was like "uh adderall" and he looked at me with this knowing look and was like "ah that'll fuckin do it man"

You cant get Adderall in AU, which uses levoamphetamine salts dextroamphetamine salts as its active ingredients, but you can get Dexies, which are dexamphetamine sulfate. Slightly different salts and they work in a slightly different way. Friend of mine has a prescription for dexies and shes been in the UK for the last year and had to bring a years supply of dexies with her, since the UK version wont work on her particular type of ADHD.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ferremit posted:

You cant get Adderall in AU, which uses levoamphetamine salts dextroamphetamine salts as its active ingredients, but you can get Dexies, which are dexamphetamine sulfate. Slightly different salts and they work in a slightly different way. Friend of mine has a prescription for dexies and shes been in the UK for the last year and had to bring a years supply of dexies with her, since the UK version wont work on her particular type of ADHD.

Ya all they would ever give me was Ritalin which doesn't do jack poo poo for me so :rip:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My parents had me on Ritalin for 15 years, I weaned myself off it, now I use caffiene and sugar which is more effective, but now I'm 31 so drinking energy drinks every other day is starting to have health issues.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Started Wellbutrin last week, wish me luck. It says not to drink booze while on it but I managed to get mildly drunk 3 nights this weekend without any repercussions, but I'm not gonna push my luck, so I'll be drying-up.

CommieGIR posted:

My parents had me on Ritalin for 15 years, I weaned myself off it, now I use caffiene and sugar which is more effective, but now I'm 31 so drinking energy drinks every other day is starting to have health issues.
Energy drinks taste awful and don't come with all the benefits of drinking a poo poo-load of coffee.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Drink coffee with minimal sugar, coffee is much more effective at delivering caffeine to you belly than energy drinks are. Energy drinks are bad for you.

And if you don't like coffee, learn to like it. I hated it before I worked graveyard shift now I love it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Drink coffee with minimal sugar, coffee is much more effective at delivering caffeine to you belly than energy drinks are. Energy drinks are bad for you.

And if you don't like coffee, learn to like it. I hated it before I worked graveyard shift now I love it.

i love coffee but hate having coffee breath all day.

IDK but zero calorie rockstars dont seem to bad but they do have 240mg caffeine each

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Full Throttles don't taste like poo poo, and coffee can be too damned bitter for me.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
you should try cold brewed coffee, it's not bitter

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BraveUlysses posted:

you should try cold brewed coffee, it's not bitter

Agreed, the process mellows the coffee out a lot and it's extremely low effort, I make like 4 days worth of coffee out of one pitcher.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

What i've started doing is making myself a liter of tea with 2 or 3 tea bags(i like the green tea/mint) by using half a cup of hot water to steep it, and then topping the cup off with cold water. then pull the bags, add 2 tbsp of sugar. and i'm good. it's like 100-150mg of caffiene, 28g of sugar and mystery health benefits™

I was an energy drink guy and can't stand coffee and don't care for tea, but i enjoy it this way.

Up here, the only ice tea we can get in stores is the super duper sugar kind with 30 grams of sugar per 250ml.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

What i've started doing is making myself a liter of tea with 2 or 3 tea bags(i like the green tea/mint) by using half a cup of hot water to steep it, and then topping the cup off with cold water. then pull the bags, add 2 tbsp of sugar. and i'm good. it's like 100-150mg of caffiene, 28g of sugar and mystery health benefits™

I was an energy drink guy and can't stand coffee and don't care for tea, but i enjoy it this way.

Up here, the only ice tea we can get in stores is the super duper sugar kind with 30 grams of sugar per 250ml.

I cannot do tea, but thanks for the tip!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
I don't drink coffee. Or tea. Or energy drinks. Pretty much just water. Don't need the calories or sugar in the others.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ilkhan posted:

I don't drink coffee. Or tea. Or energy drinks. Pretty much just water. Don't need the calories or sugar in the others.

If I don't get the caffiene, I get into a mental fog and have a difficult time focusing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

help i'm falling down the P71 hole

There's a few decent hatchback/wagon options around town too, but it's annoying to scroll past the ten billion PT cruisers/HHRs to find them.

E: Aha, a practical hatchback

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

I've been sweetening my coffee with honey I buy locally. Tastes pretty good except for that last swig, which is a lot of honey at once.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Commie, I totally get you on the brain fog sans caffeine. But you should definitely heed the advice to switch to a different beverage. I used to drink 2-3 sugar free rockstars a day and it really took a toll on my blood pressure. Not the caffeine but the ginseng and guarana. After I switched to coffee (about 20 oz./day) and diet cola (probably 5-6 cans/day) about six months ago, my BP is back to normal. I won't argue the diet cola being healthy, per se, but it's definitely better.

edit:

CornHolio posted:

I've been sweetening my coffee with honey I buy locally. Tastes pretty good except for that last swig, which is a lot of honey at once.

I've never thought to sweeten coffee with honey even though I do it with tea all the time. I should try that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Magnus Praeda posted:

Commie, I totally get you on the brain fog sans caffeine. But you should definitely heed the advice to switch to a different beverage. I used to drink 2-3 sugar free rockstars a day and it really took a toll on my blood pressure. Not the caffeine but the ginseng and guarana. After I switched to coffee (about 20 oz./day) and diet cola (probably 5-6 cans/day) about six months ago, my BP is back to normal. I won't argue the diet cola being healthy, per se, but it's definitely better.

edit:

I've never thought to sweeten coffee with honey even though I do it with tea all the time. I should try that.

I can't do sugerfree anything, makes me want to vomit.

And dude: You were drinking 2-3 Rock Stars a DAY?! I drink one drink every other day. That's it.

The problem might not have been your drink, but the fact that you were drinking 2-3 of them @ 160-240mg of caffiene per drink. A day. The limit for a grown adult is 400 mg of caffiene a day.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 17, 2017

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
In that case, half my loving office should go to rehab. I think some of those guys easily consume a liter per day.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I had "Italian breakfast" today, at an Italian cafe in Aarhus.

Among other very tasty items, it had a morning pizza. Cheese-stuffed crust, an egg in the middle and covered with good quality ham. Holy poo poo, I was in heaven. And then I had the spinach+salsicca frittata :aaa: and the cocoa-covered mascarpone+digestive truffles :aaaaa:

In total, it was probably a >1,500-calorie breakfast, but it was SO. WORTH. IT.

I also had the best goddamn burger in my life yesterday. Considering the fact that I live in Copenhagen, which is probably the burger capital of northern Europe, having every single burger I have literally every tasted in my life bested by a relative inexpensive burger from a hole in the wall in Aarhus was mindblowing. And the parmesan+thyme fries were certainly a delight as well.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 17, 2017

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Yeah, I switched to drinking diet soda my senior year of high school because regular soda just meant empty calories of sugar and I was starting to pack on the pounds even more than I would otherwise. I definitely prefer that diet Pepsi has switched from aspartame to sucralose, though.

I missed that you were drinking them every other day. Still not inherently healthy, but I think the sugar is going to be the bigger issue in that case.

The ones I drank were the 160 mg version. Even on the rare occasion I drank a third, that's still barely above the 400 mg guideline. But I take in roughly an equivalent amount of caffeine between coffee and diet cola now and my BP is, as I said, well back into the healthy/normal range.

But, I'm also not a doctor and this is just my personal experience.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I drink around a liter of unviolated* coffine per day.

*no sugar, no milk, no froth, no creme, no syrup, no semen, etc etc etc.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

cursedshitbox posted:

The One True Way.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm a sinner in the hands of an angry god because I like creamy and sugary stuff.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

I'm a sinner in the hands of an angry god because I like creamy and sugary stuff.

We can't be friends anymore. Goodbye.:commissar:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

We can't be friends anymore. Goodbye.:commissar:

I've lost so many friends in this sweet war...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

u have my teaspoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

and my tablespoon!!

• Locked thread