Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roc
Nov 8, 2010

Fuzzy Butt posted:

is someone's bullshit

The whole thing is some pubbie idea of he shall rise again in three days joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we still raid those kind of things?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Here's a Q:

I'm a fairly new player, my Engi is almost lvl 60 and I've had a lot of fun with the PvE stuff running almost entirely solo. I really love the dynamic events too.

That said, is there anything I can do between lvl 60-80 with goons? I like playing with big groups but also don't want to be a burden to any content that I'm simply not familiar with. I haven't done any dungeons yet as I only have a handful of hours each week and getting groups for that seems to take forever.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Its true, he confirmed the expansion date seconds before his heart gave out

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

cage-free egghead posted:

Here's a Q:

I'm a fairly new player, my Engi is almost lvl 60 and I've had a lot of fun with the PvE stuff running almost entirely solo. I really love the dynamic events too.

That said, is there anything I can do between lvl 60-80 with goons? I like playing with big groups but also don't want to be a burden to any content that I'm simply not familiar with. I haven't done any dungeons yet as I only have a handful of hours each week and getting groups for that seems to take forever.

Invite goons for dungeons or world bosses. Usually if you just post that you're looking for 4 for Ascalonian Catacombs or one of the other dungeons you can do at your level, you'll be able to get a few takers. You can also join WvW and PvP at any level - SFD does WvW on Wednesday and Friday, and you can probably find a couple goons willing to run around at other times during the week.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

In my head they aren't even implying that he's dead they're just super melodramatic that he quit

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

With this commander's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world vs world you have created.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
New expansion announcement for tomorrow leaked. We are going for the dessert!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
it's me I clicked it

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

My friends list is haunted, send help

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Will anet ever give me the ability to buy a race change? I don't want to reroll my map completion characters for a less annoying voice actor...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dad on the rag posted:

New expansion announcement for tomorrow leaked. We are going for the dessert!

I know better than to click a link at this point but is there actually an announcement scheduled for tomorrow?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKaNnFNKWxY

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

He is Risen!

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know better than to click a link at this point but is there actually an announcement scheduled for tomorrow?

Just wild speculation that they need to announce something soon if they plan to release the underwater expansion this year.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Lonk posted:

They say his friends​ are logging into his account, but I dunno how true that is.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If anything it would be a trailer for the next living story episode.

quote:

Hi all,

We’re currently putting the finishing touches on episode five. It’s an important episode and we’re taking the time to get it right. I wanted to let you know that this episode will release closer to the three-month side of our two-to-three-month cadence. We’ll make the formal announcement when everything’s locked down. In the meantime, just hang tight a little while longer.

Mo

5 days ago. (Previous episode released Feb 8)

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

dad on the rag posted:

Just wild speculation that they need to announce something soon if they plan to release the underwater expansion this year.

Are you serious about a underwater expansion?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if they're going to do an announcement for the next expansion it's going to be a fancy cutscene at the end of this next living story thing

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

iminers posted:

Are you serious about a underwater expansion?

I hope so!!!!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Wasn't there rumors about going back to cantha?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Keegers posted:

Wasn't there rumors about going back to cantha?

No, none. Leaks, screenshots, and hints have clearly shown we're going to the Crystal Desert next.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

No, none. Leaks, screenshots, and hints have clearly shown we're going to the Crystal Desert next.

You mean the Crystal Desert Lake. Submarine vehicle leaks confirmed by Xushin.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

dad on the rag posted:

You mean the Crystal Desert Lake. Submarine vehicle leaks confirmed by Xushin.

Praise Him!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
On one hand underwater adventure sounds rad as gently caress but on the other I would get really tired of blue everything. I would like them to add more options like weapons and traits to underwater combat too, it feels really boring and samey with little choice now.

Also finally give us build save slots like in gw1 Jesus Christ why do we still have to manually do it all.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jinh posted:

On one hand underwater adventure sounds rad as gently caress but on the other I would get really tired of blue everything. I would like them to add more options like weapons and traits to underwater combat too, it feels really boring and samey with little choice now.

Also finally give us build save slots like in gw1 Jesus Christ why do we still have to manually do it all.

bandwidth

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

The naughty version of arcdps has build templates I believe.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

Desert borderlands is the biggest clue that a desert themed expansion is coming. There are at least 3 different desert tilesets in the map that aren't used anywhere else in the game. Including one that looks very Palawa Joko undeady.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Crimsonbeak posted:

Desert borderlands is the biggest clue that a desert themed expansion is coming. There are at least 3 different desert tilesets in the map that aren't used anywhere else in the game. Including one that looks very Palawa Joko undeady.

I mean, there was this on reddit too which is a bigger clue imo :)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah if that screenshot is faked then it's a really good fake.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
even has the busted mini map and (())

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cantha and a Dervish type class would bring me back for a while.

Right now I have 10 lvl 80s and I just don't know what to do aside from the terrible grinds.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm pretty much just waiting for any actual announcement of an expansion before i get back into the game again

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Right now I have 10 lvl 80s and I just don't know what to do aside from the terrible grinds.

You're not getting Cantha 110% for sure. I doubt there will be another class, instead, expect more specializations. Hopefully that's enough for you to come back because I miss u bby

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
The real question is whether we will get a zombie/risen version of Koss.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Erdricks posted:

The real question is whether we will get a zombie/risen version of Koss.

Well, that would require Koss to have died.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
You must have Lightbringer Shovel Mastery VIII to harvest sand.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Been trying to finish gwamm recently but the thought of doing more vq, survivor, and the pre searing lv20 titles are making me rethink fun.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is edge of the mists still a thing to do? What's a good build for soloing wvw objectives / eotm events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Erdricks posted:

Is edge of the mists still a thing to do? What's a good build for soloing wvw objectives / eotm events?

EotM still happens, though now that colors are randomized whether you'll ever have anything to do in EotM is a complete crapshoot.

Treizbee can probably give you better direction here, but anything mildly tanky with a power bent can take WvW camps and very tanky or very CC heavy things can solo towers, anything with a lot of self-healing or blocks/evades/vigor can solo most of the EotM non-tower/keep champs (Airport is a dumb rear end in a top hat, Stat is kind of a pain), and anything beyond that you'll typically want a group of at least a three people, though two people 100% on their poo poo can take EotM towers and keeps.

• Locked thread