Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lady Maria and the final battle of the base game are anime as heck imo.

Even the doll, should it please you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Sukiwizugarudo-san ga daisuki ja ne :3:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Samurai Sanders posted:

I first learned about anime in the context of guys getting splashed with water and turned into girls and I was kind of confused by it.

Same here.

But coming from someone that hasn't watched anime in more than a decade, that series was dope.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Feenix posted:

I am kinda intrigued by Flinthook. Out tomorrow...

http://flinthook.com

This is giving me Noitu Love vibes but there's no way that's going to be as good as that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey guys remember how Dirt 4 and Wipeout are coming out in June

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Is Dirt 4 anime?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

suuma posted:

Is Dirt 4 anime?
Depends on if it still has gymkhana.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bloodychill posted:

Sukiwizugarudo-san ga daisuki ja ne :3:

Ugh I loving hate Genji mains.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

homeless snail posted:

ugh

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

homeless snail posted:

I've heard that Ken Block isn't in association with Dirt 4, hopefully that means he's taking gymkhana with him.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is gymkhana like gunkata only instead of doing sick kickflips with dual pistols you're braining dudes with dodgeballs and riding down railings with those little scooters you get in phys-ed class.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dirt 3 was really good but I quit the campaign because I couldn't get passed this gymkhana part gently caress all of that poo poo it should have been optional

MUCHO GRANDE BRO HIT ALL THESE BLOCKS THEN DRIFT

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bombadilillo posted:

Is Yakuza anime?

That's a toughie.

You routinely dish out violence that should render your opponents not just dead but unsuitable for organ donation, after which they dust off, apologize and give you money.

Unless it's a plot fight.

Yeah, it's anime.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

exquisite tea posted:

Is gymkhana like gunkata only instead of doing sick kickflips with dual pistols you're braining dudes with dodgeballs and riding down railings with those little scooters you get in phys-ed class.

It's all of those things but you have to wear a Monster Energy hat

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
It is the skill of gymnastics, the kill of karate.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Billy Gnosis posted:

It is the skill of gymnastics, the kill of karate.
That's Gymkata, and is much cooler.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Freak Futanari posted:

Separated at birth??

I would unironically play a Metalocalypse RPG.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I want Wipeout right now Give me Wipeout

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

exquisite tea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mkl9rtttog

Nah, imagine the Burly Brawl, but with even more unbelievability.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit beatenlol

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

My launch DS4's thumb sticks are finally starting to tear. Anyone used caps for them? Which ones are the preferred on Amazon?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

(

Fuzz posted:

My launch DS4's thumb sticks are finally starting to tear. Anyone used caps for them? Which ones are the preferred on Amazon?

You can get replacement sticks just as cheap, xbone sticks fit as well and people tend to prefer those. If you are nervous about taking the controller apart watch a youtube and see if its in your skill level. (it is)

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is the Bloodborne DLC/GOTY edition worth getting? Can't find someone selling it used in my town, but I can get the regular Bloodborne for $10. So it's between that and full price for the GOTY.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Fuzz posted:

I would unironically play a Metalocalypse RPG.

If you haven't seen the rock opera, do it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it contains the best boss fight in the game and several neat areas. if you're not in a hurry, goty version will probably go down to half price again during a sale.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

PirateBob posted:

Is the Bloodborne DLC/GOTY edition worth getting? Can't find someone selling it used in my town, but I can get the regular Bloodborne for $10. So it's between that and full price for the GOTY.

How much is "full price"? The DLC is very very good & if you like the base game you'll want it; but you can buy it for $20 and you probably won't be able to do very much of the content in it until you're near the end of Bloodborne. Unless you really want everything on one disc with no downloads just pay $10 for Bloodborne; the GOTY edition doesn't come with any other extras

edit: yeah I forgot that it's gone on sale down to like $8 before too. Just buy the base game and don't worry about grabbing the DLC til your character is like around level 60 or so. You can access the new areas quite a bit sooner than that but they'll be extremely difficult unless you're just really badass at the game

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 17, 2017

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

PirateBob posted:

The DLC is very good, but if you can find base for $10 then buy that and the DLC since there's only 1.

e: beaten like Ludwig with a whirlygig

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PirateBob posted:

The dlc is 20 bucks I think, so if full price is more than 30 bucks, just buy the game for 10 bucks and then the dlc. The dlc is really good and totally worth it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

PirateBob posted:

Just FYI, they never came out with a physical GOTY in NA. If you're in the EU, carry on.

DLC is amazing, but there's no reason not to wait to see if you like the game. $10 + $15 later on is still a good deal.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you probably want to do the dlc content before ng+, but you probably don't want to start it before level 50. So you might as well grab the base game and play it for a bit, and once you're hooked, grab the dlc so you can do it on your first playthrough.

If you don't like the game right away, you can always get the dlc later when you see the light.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fuzz posted:

these, 2 kinds, ultra cheap, work great.

https://www.amazon.com/ORB-Controll...humbstick+grips

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fuzz posted:

I used these: https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Analog-Stick-Covers-Set-4/dp/B003NSLGW2/

Bombadilillo posted:

(

You can get replacement sticks just as cheap, xbone sticks fit as well and people tend to prefer those. If you are nervous about taking the controller apart watch a youtube and see if its in your skill level. (it is)

I built my own PC, but I completely failed at doing this and ended up trashing my DS4 because I couldn't get the springs for the triggers or the rumble motors to ever sit right again

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 17, 2017

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Tra la la, bumming around amazon.ca, what's this? Recommended for me? Valkyria Revolution? Available for pre-order? Click.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Interesting, I was tempted to try these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHYYWPW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_vFt9ybY8YNMXB

Because the super tall option seems hilarious but possibly great.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Same here.

But coming from someone that hasn't watched anime in more than a decade, that series was dope.
I just watched some of it again a few weeks ago and yep still rules.

Don't ask me about any anime made after about 2003 unless it involves giant robots though, and even then I only know about it through video games.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fuzz posted:

https://www.amazon.com/KontrolFreek...s4+call+of+duty
and
https://www.amazon.com/FPS-Freek-Inferno-PS4/dp/B01BCO8GLW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1492466446&sr=8-5&keywords=fps+freek+ps4

Using FPS Freeks on both controllers and I love the extra height on the sticks, they really help with aim on shooters and feels easier to walk.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, get that one. I swear by the convex bumpy covers, which are included in that pack. But it looks like you'll have plenty to choose from.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Silicone-Analog-Controller-Joystick-Controllers/dp/B00OXT579S

Turn bad convex sticks into concave and plenty grippy. KontrolFreaks are great if you don't have tall sticks, tall sticks are the best, I still put these over them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

I like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Silicone-Analog-Controller-Joystick-Controllers/dp/B00OXT579S

Turn bad convex sticks into concave and plenty grippy. KontrolFreaks are great if you don't have tall sticks, tall sticks are the best, I still put these over them.

These come in the mix bag he's looking at, or at least something super similar. But they're made of soft rubber and stretch out eventually, impeding the stick movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Are there any replacement stick covers that basically make the PS4's sticks into DS1/2/3 style? Preferably involving stripping the old ones off so that they're not particularly any bigger than the originals?